Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) (12722 Views)

Ambode Presents Cheques To Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Beneficiaries / Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget / Aisha Buhari Presents Cheques To Chibok Girls Families, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by 360frolic(m): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State , Tuesday, redeemed his pledge to assist victims of recent tanker fire explosions in Iyana-Ipaja and Idimu Areas of the State with the distribution of cheques to 243 victims enumerated by the State government.

The Governor who was represented by his Deputy, Dr. Oluranti Adebule at the cheque distribution event held at the Igando Rehabilitation Centre, Igando, urged the beneficiaries to utilise the government’s widow’s mite and return home to rehabilitate themselves as much they could. “We know that what government has given is not enough but with the belief that you are going to put it to judicious use, it would go a long way to help out. Please stay peaceful and remain focused”.

“We want to you to go back home and rehabilitate yourself as much as you could. The good Lord would continue to be with you. We pray not to witness this kind of incidence again. We share in your feelings and urge you to continue to give your support to this administration”, he said. He urged citizens to continue to be patient and join hands with his administration, adding that the government is going to be very responsive and has already demonstrated that by the financial assistance.

Earlier, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs, Dr Aderemi Desalu said from the Iyana Ipaja incident, 76 persons were recommended for financial assistance out which seven were landlords and got N500, 000 each. 64 others who were shop owners each got N150, 000, while five tricycle operators got N50, 000 each. Desalu said from the Idimu petrol tanker incident, a total of 369 were affected out of which 167 are adults.

“We brought members of that community to this camp. We had a total of 369 residents including children. They have been here for one month and would be departing very soon. 167 of them are adults. We recommended N50, 000 but the Governor magnanimously doubled what we recommended. Meanwhile, a Committee set up by Governor Ambode to examine the immediate and remote causes of the petrol tanker disasters witnessed last month has submitted its report.

The Committee chaired by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tunji Bello presented its report to the Governor on Tuesday at the Lagos House, Alausa Ikeja. It would be recalled that Governor Ambode in the wake of the Iyana Ipaja and Idimu petrol tanker explosion set up a fact finding committee with a charge on them to prepare guidelines for ethical conduct for tanker drivers, who were found culpable in the unfortunate incidents.

The committee was also expected to engage the insurance industry and work out appropriate policies expected to protect residents of the state from havoc in future tanker incidences in the state. In the report, the Committee made far reaching recommendations to the Governor on how to prevent reoccurrence of such disasters in future. Receiving the report, Governor Ambode promised to work on the recommendations, saying that the state government will take necessary steps to protect the live and property of its citizenry.

He said his administration does not subscribe to forcing down directives hence the decision to set up the committee with representatives of relevant stakeholders to fashion out preventive strategies against such occurrences.

Lagos state deputy governor, Dr Idiat Adebule today presented cheques to some of the victims of the fire incidents that occurred in Iyana Ipaja and Idimu area of Lagos state on June 2nd and June 6th respectively.

http://www..net/2015/07/lagos-presents-cheques-to-243-tanker.html

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by kromoto: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good one.

I just like the speed with which these Governor's are attending to disaster or emergency.

Lets see if they can continue like this for 4years.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Sparrow13: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Apart from giving out cash, concrete measures should be taking to avoid future occurrence

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
**MODIFIED**

impressive, that's shows that the lagos state gov't takes their inhabitants to the heart...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
He shld also find a lasting solution to dis problem, else he will continue to give out cash to everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by kendrick9(m): 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
How much is it anyway?
Edit- just 2k? wtf!!! thats Chicken change
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by ayusco85(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Cool
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by krishfwesh(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
kromoto:
Good one.

I just like the speed with which these Governor's are attending to disaster or emergency.

Lets see if they can continue like this for 4years.
his reli working in lag
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Emman93(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
wow.I am liking this man.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by JBismarck(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Once again, spacebookers take time o, una no want make I make FP but #Godwin.

Ehen! To d topic jare, though I didn't vote for this Ambo of a guy because of Tinubu's overbearing influence on him but he seems to be set to prove me wrong, just a pity that I'm very difficult to be convinced. Still studying him sha.
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Burger01(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
kendrick9:
How much is it anyway?
2k eachangry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Isoni(m): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Am sure most of these men don't even know how to start a car,

But its none of my business
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok

Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs, Dr Aderemi Desalu said from the Iyana Ipaja incident,

- 76 persons were recommended for financial assistance out which seven were landlords and got N500, 000 each.
- 64 others who were shop owners each got N150, 000,
- while five tricycle operators got N50, 000 each.

Stingy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by youngberry001(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Emman93:
wow.I am liking this man.
yeah he is such a nice man!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by salaboiz(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ambode is a nice man not like Aregbeshola
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by emillionaire: 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
how much?
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by bankyblue(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
just dont forget to pay monthly salary o
because i no send all this political stunt
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by miqos02(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
good man
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by jasonodogwu: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sparrow13:
Apart from giving out cash, concrete measures should be taking to avoid future occurrence

seconded

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by talk2cj08(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Anambra state governor when are u giving out ur own cheques

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by igbsam(m): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
God bless Ambode

I never regretted voting for him

some haters will still find something bad to say about this good gesture. Like the idi0t below me.

Ask them what the governor of their state has given them. Mumu robots.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by temitemi1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
What can this amount do in these pple's life abeg undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Iyke1998(m): 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
My Bicycle got burnt to ooo....give me my own even if its just 30k,I go manage....
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by AreaFada2: 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
ok
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by kendrick9(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
Burger01:
2k eachangry
2k? wtf!!! thats Chicken change
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ambode is working. Keep it up sir

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Winning123: 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dharniel:
money can't fill the place of the deceased, but what can the gov't do about that? absolutely nothing.
i pray God comforts them.

i grieve with you all...

No life was lost in the case of this incidence

1 Like

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Burger01(m): 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
kendrick9:
2k? wtf!!! thats Chicken change
Don't take me serious abegsmiley
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by jstbeinhonest(m): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
kendrick9:
How much is it anyway? Edit- just 2k? wtf!!! thats Chicken change
Do you knw how to read?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Winning123:

No life was lost in the case of this incidence
ehn ehn, thanks for the info. i've got to modify ASAP...
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by mrlaw93(m): 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
h
Re: Lagos Presents Cheques To 243 Tanker Fire Victims (Photos) by MKO4ever(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
kendrick9:
How much is it anyway?
Edit- just 2k? wtf!!! thats Chicken change

Do you have any problem with reading?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Daughter Repeated Class, Graduated With Only A Pass At Law School / What A Yoruba Sex Worker Told Me / Civilian JTF Member Dies In Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.