Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters (27347 Views)

Soldier Recognizes A Lady From Facebook At A Checkpoint In Adamawa state / Boko Haram Assassinates 11 Of Its Members In Borno - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Okays Military Checkpoint In 'frontline States' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by lalasticlala(m): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
A female suicide bomber today killed four people at a military checkpoint in a community in Borno State, a security source who is a leader of the civilian joint task force told SaharaReporters. 

The source disclosed that the bomber alighted from a vehicle at a military checkpoint in the Sabon Gari area of Damboa, a town in Damboa local government area of Borno State, and then detonated her bomb, killing herself as well as four other people. Scores of people sustained varying degrees of injuries. Our source stated that two of the dead were members of the civilian joint task force that helps to provide security in the terror-plagued northeast zone of Nigeria. 

“At about 10:30 this morning, a female bomber wrapped up with explosive devices exploded herself at a checkpoint killing four people, including two members of civilian JTF,” the source said. 

The location of today’s bombing is in the southern part of Borno State, about 90 miles away from Maiduguri, the state capital.

Islamist terrorists belonging to Boko Haram have intensified attacks throughout the Nigerian northeast zone that is ravaged by sectarian violence. A member of one human rights group based in Abuja stated that close to 1000 civilians have been killed since May 29, 2015 when President Muhammadu Buhari was sworn in. 

Mr. Buhari had ordered the relocation of the military command to Maiduguri in order to achieve greater success in the fight against Islamist insurgents. However, Boko Haram fighters seem to be regaining momentum, launching suicide and gun attacks against civilian and military targets on an almost daily basis. 

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/07/female-suicide-bomber-launches-deadly-attack-military-checkpoint-borno

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by MosakuAW(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
This is one of the reasons i fault PMB inauguration speech when he said MHQ should be moved to Maiduguri and all Military check point also stopped.

The MHQ now is Borno state and BH has now change their tactics and move to other state like Jos, Kaduna e.t.c now who is more clueless between FG and BH.

Moving MHQ to Borno has not solve anything at all. I wish PMB can just develop new ideas rather than this nonsense.

Am really tired of seeing graphic pictures here and there on Nairaland, Tv and Newspapers. We have more episodes of horror film in BH activities that can be compile into 20 movie CDs

It is well, Nigerians.

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by francizy(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Before you know it now, some will go burning churches for boko haram attacks. A cursed and amalgamated entity called Nigeria. undecided

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Precious91(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Not again cry
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
This people are really serious now, hian!
God pls save us.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
these sad news has now become a normal routine as in a day to day activity.
#Pitiful...

1 Like

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by idolda: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Baba one chance talk say he is winning the war but boko boys are gaining upper hand. The daura president is afraid of "killing northern youths" but rather prefer they embraced amnesty so that he can pay them with oyel money.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by TRADELYN: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
...and the president does not show any form of courage in ending this menance soon. undecided

Or isn't it too early to think of so called "negotiation" with faceless terrorists?

3 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Mekybliss(f): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lord please help us before this people start making air bomb just to clear everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Mogidi: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Someone instructed boko haram to up the ante, this escalation is a ploy to grant amnesty to boko haram.

By December boko boys would be getting stipends from fed govt, mark these words.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Dollyak(f): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
The leaders have surely failed their citizens. If this kind of stuff increases then movement between norther and southern region should be stopped swiftly to contain the mess.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by vizkiz: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
My name is jack bauer and I think its time I do something about these motherfurckers angry

The following takes place between 7pm and 8pm angry

#calls CTU (ketu branch)
Shade, abeg patch me to the president angry

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by amAZEing: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
OK

1 Like

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Another one!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Counting. Fear is their only weapon. Nigerians need to summon courage and show that if the situation arises, they are ready to kill a housefly with a sledgehammer.

2 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Dannyset(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Am sure she was going to detonate the bomb where there was a large crowd, but decided to use it at the check point when she sighted the Task Force. This is one reason the Govnrs want the check point back, and it's a good thing the President also listened to them.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by steffans(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Oh no..
Not again...

Are u interested in buying houses in Abuja?
Then click on..

www.nairaland.com/2423491/von-garden-city-lugbe-abuja#35430363
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Roughfyzay(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
E be like say these suicide bombers are doing their festival but wait o
Na wetin dullard of Daura dey do for office

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by MARKone(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
These Boko Haram people are getting more ferocious, and the bombings are becoming more frequent, and louder, I think these guys have changed tactics, all thanks to their Big brother, they want to turn the north into Syria and Iraq. We should expect worse, if the presidency and our military does not take a decisive action now.

3 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Slynonny(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
BH having fun filled day thanks to Mr Mouth Action.
#I_Hate_Mouth_Action.

5 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by trapQ: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
which way Nigeria?
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Ecoplexus: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
RIP to the dead. The north really need to do serious soul searching; all is not well in that land.
NB: The increased and sustained attack by Boko Haram shows that their allegiance to ISIS is no fluke or propaganda. I believe the military are fighting something far worse than initially thought.

4 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by enoqueen: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
What is happening

Baba no be so you be tell us o.

8 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by mschubby: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Not again

what is this country turning into?
do we even have a president?

2 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by francescainnoce(f): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please can they impeach this man? Please or better still make him the assistant president because I don't just get this anymore.
It's almost as though everything we say isn't that important after all.
How can we continue to voice out on the crazy menace of late yet we never get our president on the podium to atleast reassure us physically that he is totally up-to-date and equal to the task.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by MrCounselor: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
I wonder d kind brainwashing wey dem dey do 4 ds bombers sef.

1 Like

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by anwo247: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
#DauraDullard

We are winning

21 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
I dnt knw wat to say lipsrsealed
Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by admax(m): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Some stupid people were saying Boko Haram is a Northern that will stop once a Northerner becomes the President, hope they have been proved wrong.

Boko Haram won't run out of girls to use as suicide bombers because they have enough girls thanks to GEJ.

Anyway Buhari's solution to tackle insurgency hasn't been successful yet a la his forreign trips. May God help us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by Agbalanze(m): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
I miss GEJ cry embarassed

14 Likes

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by MrCounselor: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
francescainnoce:
Please can they impeach this man
For throwing the bombs?

1 Like

Re: Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters by shema101(f): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
I hate all these Hausa and their stupid religion..... ISLAMABAD. Quote me o, ko kan aye tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Yahaya Bello With Obasanjo, Ooni Of Ife & His Wife / Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / Reno Omokri Celebrates His Daughter, Tsola Bemigho's Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.