Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Is It A Scamm Or Real? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It A Scamm Or Real? (1270 Views)

Job In Dubai, Scam Or Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Scamm Or Real? by Nayok(m): 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good evening brothers and sister from another mother, pls ur advice is needed urgently on this matter.

I have a friend who i met on bbm, we've been friend for months and always chat well, h claims ђє stays oversea(manchester in uk) .

I had never beg him for someting before, to my surprise ђє jus told last week that ђє have a package(parcel) for m that i should give him my details so that †нε goods will be deliver to me which i respond happily.

And i just received his message that contains picture of an iphone, i pad, and other items with a picture of a bill(receipt may be) which contains his and my details. On top of this bill, it states BRITISH AIRWAYS blabla and i can see d list of items ђє send, my phone number and address, a nigeria line(phone number) tha i should call in order to receive †нε items, bellow d bill left side, there another writes said: †нε RECEIVER should pay †нε local charge and d demurage if not claim after 24 hrs of d delivery .
So, now pls has any of U̶̲̥̅̊ guys experienced this before, or is it a scamm? Should i call †нε nigerian line in †нε attachement? Thank U̶̲̥̅̊ all
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by ifegy: 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Of course it's a scam. You'll pay money and either some or all of the following will happen: never hear from the person again; never receive anything; receive more requests for money because the parcel is being held back.by customs, etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by adebayo201: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
He orders, you pay!

But let those concern answer your question!
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by Nayok(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
I shoudnt bother myself to call †нε nigerian line?
ifegy:
Of course it's a scam. You'll pay money and either some or all of the following will happen: never hear from the person again; never receive anything; receive more requests for money because the parcel is being held back.by customs, etc etc.
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by Nayok(m): 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
As how?
adebayo201:
He orders, you pay!

But let those concern answer your question!
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by ifegy: 2:42am On Jul 08, 2015
Nayok:
I shoudnt bother myself to call †нε nigerian line?

You can if you want to...but you know what will happen....bye bye money...
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by Nayok(m): 3:31am On Jul 08, 2015
Lol grin, bro U̶̲̥̅̊ know what?

Lie is funfull when U̶̲̥̅̊'re already know †нε truth, let me hear d person voice and how ђє go take coock †нε lies grin
ifegy:

You can if you want to...but you know what will happen....bye bye money...
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by debris: 7:35am On Jul 08, 2015
Scam of the highest other if he can buy the iPhone and other stuffs so na local fee he can't pay?abeg leave am na scam.
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by managingpartner(f): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2015
@OP, my fiance sent me some items last year January through UPS, by the time the item was delivered to me, the delivery guy told me that i would pay for some charges, which i did.

In your case, i would advice you to pay if only you can see the said items sent. Though mine was from UPS, it was brought to me, i did not go to them.

Cheers.
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by ifegy: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
managingpartner:
@OP, my fiance sent me some items last year January through UPS, by the time the item was delivered to me, the delivery guy told me that i would pay for some charges, which i did.

In your case, i would advice you to pay if only you can see the said items sent. Though mine was from UPS, it was brought to me, i did not go to them.

Cheers.

That was your girlfriend...this is someone he has never even met, just chatted with on bbm. The way scammers work, he may even have been chatting with a team, several different people, who were grooming him and building trust to the point where he would be willing to respond to a request for money.
Wake up and smell the coffee. ..or wake up after the money is gone and you can't reach them on bbm anymore...
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by Nayok(m): 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
I have called d line, d. Person said my parcel has arrived abuja, i should come over to get it, i now told him i cant come to abuja and i was asked to pay #7,500. To an account so that they will bring it to lagos. I was like grin. Ok i will send money. †нε idiot is still calling me saying, hello sir; what are you up to? Have U̶̲̥̅̊ send †нε money?

Bellow is d parcel bill and items

Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by ifegy: 2:19am On Jul 09, 2015
grin ok let us know what happens next...
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by Nayok(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
ђє keep calling me to semd money and receive d yeye parcel, or is anybody in need of those items?
ifegy:
grin ok let us know what happens next...
Re: Is It A Scamm Or Real? by managingpartner(f): 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
why did they send it to Abuja in the first place? This is a fraud case.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Canadian 1year Working Visa How Real? / Lady Who Died At Accident Scene At Cele Bustop Has Been Identified(See More Pics / ....why I Prefer To Relocate/remain Abroad Than To Come Back To Nigeria....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.