Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed (6181 Views)

Woman Wins N1m In MTN Raffle Draw (Photos) / Man Embarked On One-man Protest In Osogbo Against The Increase In Data Tariff / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by falseman(m): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
dmcdad:

But tell me... Is that not Tubemate?

It's tubemate but I get that speed using my normal browser downloader. It really dosent take a long time to download large files I think speed depends on area.
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by sammer4life(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
I would have taken correction if you didn't act all smug about it..like you are better than me or something.
Take the correction joor. Na so una go dey do strong head for meaningless issue's
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by yorex2011: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
dmcdad:

In reality, it's not 5MB/sec. If I guess correctly, he used Tubemate. If my guess were right, then it wasn't actually 5MB/sec albeit the app showed 5MB. It happens alot with Tubemate.
Its actually small "b" i.e megabit.. He shud go to settings and change it to megabyte per second to see the real speed in MBps

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by uwuana: 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
tanichris:
I noticed the speed too. but dat was around 3:am
pls which site are you downloading movie from ?
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by mikron(m): 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
Chanchit:

I'm using 3G, maybe it fell to edge, btw I don't know how you saw the screen shot sha.
he saw the screenshot above u Falcon posted
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Chanchit: 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
mikron:
he saw the screenshot above u Falcon posted

Owk, now I understand. Thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by dmcdad: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
yorex2011:

Its actually small "b" i.e megabit.. He shud go to settings and change it to megabyte per second to see the real speed in MBps
You are right... Yet, even if you do change it to MB (MegaBytes), due to the throttled download from the settings (I guess over 50MB/Mb as the casemay be), it would still give an unrealistic reading.
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by dmcdad: 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
falseman:

It's tubemate but I get that speed using my normal browser downloader. It really dosent take a long time to download large files I think speed depends on area.
You are right.
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by makavele: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
falseman:
MTN + Simple server = Chetaah I get over 5mb/sec

That is actually 5.2 Megabit per second (NOT MegaByte per second) . . take note of the small lettered "b" NOT "B"
. . so 5.2 Mbps (NOT MBps) is actually 650 KB/s or 0.65 MB/s
There's a very big diff btwn Megabit and Megabyte
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by falseman(m): 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
makavele:

That is actually 5.2 Megabit per second (NOT MegaByte per second) . . take note of the small lettered "b" NOT "B"
. . so 5.2 Mbps (NOT MBps) is actually 650 KB/s or 0.65 MB/s
There's a very big diff btwn Megabit and Megabyte

Thanks bro
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by dmcdad: 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
tanichris:

thanks
You welcome bruv.
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Chillinmasoul(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
falseman:

What trick do you use on simple server
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Chillinmasoul(m): 11:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
sammer4life:
Boy, ur English na wa oooo. Increased drastically? Next time, say increased tremendously, or decreased drastically

Thanks for the correction, never knew shocked
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by sammer4life(m): 6:48am On Jul 09, 2015
Chillinmasoul:

Thanks for the correction, never knew shocked
You are welcome
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by makavele: 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
falseman:

Thanks bro

Anytime , bruv !!
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Jeffy1206(m): 5:23am On Jul 10, 2015
falseman:
forget that speed on tubemate it's fake.in reality that's about 500-800kbs if you doubt change your settings on preference to kb or download speed test to check tongue.
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Jeffy1206(m): 5:32am On Jul 10, 2015
tanichris:

yes boss
it's had too see hdrip or brrip/bdrip/webrip/bluray movies online, if the movie is not popular or it's a new movie (e.g god of thunder dark universe) leaving me with no option other than too download CAM /HDCAM movies
I can wait even 1year to watch the brrip or hdrip... Gosh so you enjoy watching those noisy poor audio, camera movies
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by tanichris(m): 9:41am On Jul 10, 2015
Jeffy1206:
I can wait even 1year to watch the brrip or hdrip... Gosh so you enjoy watching those noisy poor audio, camera movies
brother man... you make it seem like it's a crime too download & watch CAM or HDCAM videos.
1. not all the videos has poor audio quality
2. I can rewatch the movie when the hdrip is out
patients is a virtue God didn't give me.
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by dmcdad: 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
tanichris:

brother man... you make it seem like it's a crime too download & watch CAM or HDCAM videos.
Like he gives us rain? It's free the last time I checked. You can have it if you want to. We can learn to be more patient than we already are.

Besides, whatever rocks your boat bro. If you feel like watching Scrn and/or TS, it's up to you. But really, I seldom watch anything that doesn't have 720p attached to it. Heck, I don't watch DVDrips even. I don't watch HDrips, unless it is 720p.

One man's meat sha...
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Jeffy1206(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2015
tanichris:

undecided
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Jeffy1206(m): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2015
dmcdad:

Like he gives us rain? It's free the last time I checked. You can have it if you want to. We can learn to be more patient than we already are.

Besides, whatever rocks your boat bro. If you feel like watching Scrn and/or TS, it's up to you. But really, I seldom watch anything that doesn't have 720p attached to it. Heck, I don't watch DVDrips even. I don't watch HDrips, unless it is 720p.

One man's meat sha...
hmmmm... Dvdrip bad? Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Youngpo413: 8:51am On Jul 11, 2015
Oyetboy:
stop downloading cam rip movies, look for a better print like hdrip or brrip
pls what's the difference,also is HD the same as mp4?
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Youngpo413: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2015
falseman:
only one movie is 978.9mb? why is it so
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by Youngpo413: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2015
dmcdad:

Haba! 50 Shades of Gray has been out for more than 4 months. The bluray version has been out for more than 2 months even. How do you even enjoy watching a CAM rip?

For me, the least I download is 720p WEB-DL, which is as good as Bluray rip (720p). Then 720p Bluray and so on.
avi is the best,it has clear picture and sound
Re: Does Anyone Notice The Increase In Mtn Speed by dmcdad: 9:03am On Jul 11, 2015
Youngpo413:
avi is the best,it has clear picture and sound
It's not about AVI or MP4 etc... It's about the encoding. For me, MKV (Matroska) is the best because it gives you a far more compressed file without sacrificing quality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Be Chating Free On Whatsapp Via Mtn Network / In Response To Gionee Phones with 4G LTE / My Security Pattern Is The Hardest, Lets See Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.