Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. (1316 Views)

Buhari: The Unbiased Report: What We Expected,(what We Got Report By Idu Paul) / Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam / War Against BokoHaram: Rare Images Of Attacks And Soldiers Hunting Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by CHM11: 9:45am On Jul 08, 2015
These are the experiences Nigerians have been forced to endure in the past 6-8months.

Pre Election.

Boko haram attacks were on the rise and they even attacked in Abuja, the country's capital.

Boko haram selected GMB as negotiator with FG, This didn't happen.

Buhari said killing bokoharam members is like killing Nigerians.

Buhari became the APC candidate few weeks after the APC clearly stated that it had zoned the Presidential Ticket to the 'Muslim North'.

The APC did a primary where Buhari contested against the likes of Atiku (new from the PDP, stood no chance), Rochas Okorocha (from the south east, already secured his Imo state governorship ticket by leaving his inlaw as the candidate until after the pres. Primaries, he lost and his inlaw stepped down for him), one other northerner who I don't even know (Stood no chance at all). What happened to the likes of Babatunde Raji Fashola? Or Adams Oshiomole? (Buhari wouldn't have wanted a fair primaries against these people)

Buhari won the Primaries and went on to campaign for Presidency claiming to borrow money and making a lot of promises. One very important promise is PUBLIC ASSET DECLARATION.

He selected a virtually unknown/powerless commissioner from the south west in the person of PYO. (Virtually unknown because even PMB himself at one of his campaigns couldn't even remember his vice's name-Osunbade saga).

There was issue of Certificate missing and/or inexistent. Affidavit was submitted in place of real certificates. Then Cambridge and WAEC made public declaration that Buhari can request to clear the air as it regards his certificate if he has one with them. This was never to be. Recall that some years back, it was on the news that Bokoharam loyalists and members were to burn their credentials to show that they are against western education.

Election was postponed by GEJ for selfish reasons and there was serious onslaught of boko haram members by the joint coalition between Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon Mil. Forces. Boko haram almost became inexistent and we didn't hear of any of their attacks during the entire election.

Then came the ELECTION

No attacks by the boko haram group as they were on the run as the Army was getting on them drastically. Nigerians almost saw the end of the group with almost utmost certainty.

Nigerians voted and thanks to the South west, GEJ's simplicity and Jega's ruggedness, Buhari won and was sworn in as President of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

POST ELECTION

First the Army command base was moved to Borno.

Boko haram resumed their atrocities with an unprecedented frequency and weight.

Military Checkpoints were removed from the roads by PMB.

PMB called Bokoharam members his 'misguided brothers'.

PMB says he is open to Negotiations with the boko haram sect even borno residents were against this.

PMB ordered the release of bokoharam suspects in the army's care.

PMB refused to PUBLICLY declare his assets.

PMB relocated Boko haram prisoners to the heart of Igbo land, the pride of the igbo nation, Anambra!!! Of all places.

PMB Quarantined VP. PYO at major meetings.

PMB sidelines and shortsleeved Tinubu, and the Northern elders keep warning PMB against non northerners like Amaechi.

PMB has made 9 appointments already and 8 out of the 9 are northerners.

Jega named his successor, and PMB overruled naming his own.

PMB claimed to have met an empty account which wasn't true as data proved otherwise.

PMB has refused name ministers over 30 days in office.

PMB called his Kinsman from Daura out of retirement and named him as Director of the state security.
----------------------------------------------------

These events really makes me skeptical as to what we are in.....some say its too early but I believe diseases like Cancer should be treated when its still young.

I am not for PDP or APC...I am virtually not inclined to one group because I am person inclined rather than party inclined. I love BRF and I also love Akpabio....
This said, I must say I am very very concerned about the direction our country is going to.

I am a christian with Muslim friends. I respect Islam but religion is a thing of choice. With what I'm seeing, I believe there is a clear blueprint to spread this insurgency thing.

Let's keep politics aside, let's think about our old parents and little siblings and children who can't fight for themselves. The dangers are just too heavy for us to be playing lip service to.

I am open to learn though, if there is another view to these, please feel free to share because most of these issues bother me as a person who loves my country.

4 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by drtwist(m): 9:48am On Jul 08, 2015
where went you when we were trying to enlighten Nigerians about the implication of Voting an APC led FG? its too late Bro. Just pray for 2019 to come quick. Well I pray his government will not be overthrow by coup because he seems more clueless than anticipated.

Also pray he Serve his tenure alive because I can't stand someone Puppet (osinbajo) becoming president. I remember how this guy was campaigning then with big! Bigger! Biggest! English. Proving mister intelligent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Dollyak(f): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2015
Op I sincerely share your concern. It's a gloomy situation but perhaps he has a master stroke up his sleeves?
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Chubhie: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2015
I wonder why nobody is accusing a war general of dismounting military roadblocks in time of war. Save, to tactically resupply a weakened enemy.

General Buhari is not strategic. The effect of such goof from a General who have seen wars is what the innocent masses are paying with their blood.

As we move about freely today let US all spare a thought for our compatriots and fallen heroes up North. But, some things will never change until we all collectively stand up against evil. Coming to a city near you soon.

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Mamaflex(f): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2015
Where are the dots?

#just kidding grin undecided
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by eph12(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2015
They said we should be patient shey? We don enter am be say we don enter am.
But seriously I think all this attack on Buhari and the APC is as a result of their relentless attacks on the previous administration. Some staunch supporters have realized that it's much easier to be an opposition than to defend the government, as a matter of fact any government in the world. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Ecoplexus: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2015
Simple answer: Buhari is a terrorist.

5 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2015
op
PMB was right to move the command center to the front to improve communication BTW command and combat troops more
Command center of operation zaman lafiya was moved to enable better coordination by all components involve in the operations

Removing checkpoints in NON essential location was necessary, as soldiers were carrying out responsibility of the police.
unethical cases were increasing
Note :-Military checkpoints are still active in hot zones

BH is using sleeper cells to carry out attacks, this is possible because past govt failed to stop the growth of the enemy allowing it to grow and train cells

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:15am On Jul 08, 2015
All these TANs sef, them no dey think reasonably. They always think opposite things and will always think so. With all these tinz the are saying about Buhari, they dont know that they are inviting more friends for him and also gaining popularity. If them like, they should tag him as shekau's brother, everybody will still love him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by heneversleep: 10:22am On Jul 08, 2015
Lol...PDP blood is running in your veins. Just try to check your write up again.
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by CHM11: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2015
IbnSultaan:
op
PMB was right to move the command center to the front to improve communication BTW command and combat troops more
Command center of operation zaman lafiya was moved to enable better coordination by all components involve in the operations

Removing checkpoints in NON essential location was necessary, as soldiers were carrying out responsibility of the police.
unethical cases were increasing
Note :-Military checkpoints are still active in hot zones

BH is using sleeper cells to carry out attacks, this is possible because past govt failed to stop the growth of the enemy allowing it to grow and train cells

But the almost killed insurgency has resumed and gained weight after all these actions.
Maybe, the command centre relocation has been secretly infiltrated by the boko haram group as it is now closer to them and far away from the Commander in Chief of the Armed forces who is in abuja!!!....

Removal of military checkpoints at this time wasn't the best. Even with the armed forces + police, it was hard to tackle the insurgency. Then you reduce their strength by removing part of the security ie the army from the roads!!....poor approach at this time.....Results are obvious to us all as many have been killed by the group after this action in a frequency we are not used to.

None of these actions look like it will help cut off the boko haram cells. Rather it looks like a strategic attempt to strengthen the insurgents.

Its very saddening.

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by CHM11: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2015
drtwist:
where went you when we were trying to enlighten Nigerians about the implication of Voting an APC led FG? its too late Bro. Just pray for 2019 to come quick. Well I pray his government will not be overthrow by coup because he seems more clueless than anticipated.

Also pray he Serve his tenure alive because I can't stand someone Puppet (osinbajo) becoming president. I remember how this guy was campaigning then with big! Bigger! Biggest! English. Proving mister intelligent.
I am CHM11 bro, on politics section of nairaland and even in real life I was very vocal against the person of GMB. Though I sometimes lay low because the other option in the person of GEJ wasn't also a good choice. The PDP was actually destroying this country!!!!.....not like APC is doing any better now, they look like they will do worse!!!

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by CHM11: 10:40am On Jul 08, 2015
heneversleep:
Lol...PDP blood is running in your veins. Just try to check your write up again.
Not everybody who posts on politics is a 2 way wire bro.....Not everybody has the PDP/APC brain!!...some of us actually truly care about Nigeria and the future of our people.

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2015
CHM11:

But the almost killed insurgency has resumed and gained weight after all these actions.
Maybe, the command centre relocation has been secretly infiltrated by the boko haram group as it is now closer to them and far away from the Commander in Chief of the Armed forces who is in abuja!!!....

Removal of military checkpoints at this time wasn't the best. Even with the armed forces + police, it was hard to tackle the insurgency. Then you reduce their strength by removing part of the security ie the army from the roads!!....poor approach at this time.....Results are obvious to us all as many have been killed by the group after this action in a frequency we are not used to.

None of these actions look like it will help cut off the boko haram cells. Rather it looks like a strategic attempt to strengthen the insurgents.

Its very saddening.

You lack knowledge of Military operations

How will bokoharam infiltrate a Military command center. i wouldn't discuss much but its not possible

Two military checkpoints are still active in the Northeast
incidents of suicide attack can only be stop through Intel , the last govt didn't build Intelligence capabilities
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by CHM11: 10:54am On Jul 08, 2015
IbnSultaan:

You lack knowledge of Military operations

How will bokoharam infiltrate a Military command center. i wouldn't discuss much but its not possible

Two military checkpoints are still active in the Northeast
incidents of suicide attack can only be stop through Intel , the last govt didn't build Intelligence capabilities

All my life I've lived with the best of brains in the army. Even the PMB himself, we've lived in the same quarters in the barracks. I know a lot about military tactics.

About insurgents infiltrating army command center, I am very disappointed at your comment. Have you not been reading the news or seeing eye witness videos since 2009 of military persons having links with insurgents?. The world over, terrorists get their strength by infiltration of their enemies. Throw millions of dollars at a colonel and see the loyalty that is within him. Only a very minute few will resist such temptation.

The military checkpoint removal was a bad move!!!!..let's not drag that issue because of our love for PMB...let's call a spade a spade...the results of PMB's actions are very obvious to us all....an almost dead terrorist group gained serious momentum all because of these actions.

For Heavens sake! Why remove military checkpoints?? What do you stand to gain by doing that? The only thing that will do is give insurgents chance to move around freely!!!!!
Didn't Buhari attend war college? Doesn't he know that after a war, your men should spend some time around there to make sure normalcy is restored?
All the war videos my parents brought back from Somalia, Liberia etc...after the real war, UN soldiers stay and form road blocks for months so as to ensure normalcy is restored....Buhari knows removal of these roadblock had only disadvantages to the nation and advantages to the insurgents, yet he went ahead and ordered that they be removed.....!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2015
CHM11:

All my life I've lived with the best of brains in the army. Even the PMB himself, we've lived in the same quarters in the barracks. I know a lot about military tactics.

About insurgents infiltrating army command center, I am very disappointed at your comment. Have you not been reading the news or seeing eye witness videos since 2009 of military persons having links with insurgents?. The world over, terrorists get their strength by infiltration of their enemies. Throw millions of dollars at a colonel and see the loyalty that is within him. Only a very minute few will resist such temptation.

The military checkpoint removal was a bad move!!!!..let's not drag that issue because of our love for PMB...let's call a spade a spade...the results of PMB's actions are very obvious to us all....an almost dead terrorist group gained serious momentum all because of these actions.

For Heavens sake! Why remove military checkpoints?? What do you stand to gain by doing that? The only thing that will do is give insurgents chance to move around freely!!!!!
Didn't Buhari attend war college? Doesn't he know that after a war, your men should spend some time around there to make sure normalcy is restored?
All the war videos my parents brought back from Somalia, Liberia etc...after the real war, UN soldiers stay and form road blocks for months so as to ensure normalcy is restored....Buhari knows removal of these roadblock had only disadvantages to the nation and advantages to the insurgents, yet he went ahead and ordered that they be removed.....!!!!

the command center has not and will not be infiltrated
crap from you. was the use of checkpoints in benue , Abuja,Niger born. its like taking coflin to treat headache

IN THE. NORTHEAST checkpoints were never removed
the are vital to stop intrusion

I STAND with PMB for removing NON essential checkpoints that have corrupted military personnel's

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by heneversleep: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2015
CHM11:

Not everybody who posts on politics is a 2 way wire bro.....Not everybody has the PDP/APC brain!!...some of us actually truly care about Nigeria and the future of our people.
CHM11 if what you claimed to be is true, how does your attack on the persona of PMB and Osinbanjo makes you one?

If you are conversant with Nigeria terrains, the removal of checkpoint has nothing to do with the current incessant killings in Yobe and Borno. These places are scarcely less populated comprising only of villages and towns that are even miles apart with large land masses. The solution I see to it is the mass deployment of foot soldiers through the MJTF to combat these forces gradually.

As regard the suicide bombs attacked in part of Kaduna, Jos and Kano, I have much less to say about that except only if our military works more on their intels cause they do have a kinda bomb expats and manufacturing bases in those states.

CHM11, proferring solutions is the best as a true non-partisan instead of faulting, abusing and pointing fingers at our leaders.

My question to you is what would you have done if you were the president?
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
[s]All these TANs sef, them no dey think reasonably. They always think opposite things and will always think so. With all these tinz the are saying about Buhari, they dont know that they are inviting more friends for him and also gaining popularity. If them like, they should tag him as shekau's brother, everybody will still love him.[/s]

my frnd shut up, if u gat nothing to contribute better exist the thread.

How many times av u seen d OP shouting PDP or APC, so anybody that does not see things d way u do is a TANS.

SMH
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by CHM11: 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
heneversleep:
CHM11 if what you claimed to be is true, how does your attack on the persona of PMB and Osinbanjo makes you one?

If you are conversant with Nigeria terrains, the removal of checkpoint has nothing to do with the current incessant killings in Yobe and Borno. These places are scarcely less populated comprising only of villages and towns that are even miles apart with large land masses. The solution I see to it is the mass deployment of foot soldiers through the MJTF to combat these forces gradually.

As regard the suicide bombs attacked in part of Kaduna, Jos and Kano, I have much less to say about that except only if our military works more on their intels cause they do have a kinda bomb expats and manufacturing bases in those states.

CHM11, proferring solutions is the best as a true non-partisan instead of faulting, abusing and pointing fingers at our leaders.

My question to you is what would you have done if you are the president?

To solve a problem, one must be analytical and figure out what caused the problems in the first place, then additionally, what we have done wrong, how do we correct it? We can't be going round and round doing the same thing and expect different results.

GEJ made a lot of mistakes, we shouldn't be doing same thing and expect different results. These steps by PMB have not given any positive results. Instead it has given us negative results.

There was something GEJ did few weeks before the election with bokoharam sect that almost saw the sect annihilated. If I was president, I will continue this since its bringing positive results, the I will also try and improve intel gathering.
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Built2last: 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mighty sense from @op...The dumbest decision PMB made in his over 30 days in office is removal of the military check points.

whatever happened to the law of deterence. Buhari ought to know better. i have said it in different fora that what he needed to do was face bokoharam head on for atleast one year , decimate them and then remove check points.

Bokoharam will strike the most unlikely places soon.

It appears we have unfortunately familiarised ourselves with the bombings in the north.

the cry will be fowl when it hits Abuja.

Lets look at Zaria Bombing for instance, there are about 6 military check points between Kaduna and Zaria and 5 check points between Katsina and Zaria all taken away.

Bokoharam travelled peacefully to Zaria and terminated the lives of innocent Nigerians and some slow pokes are here endorsing and supporting PMBs removal of roadblocks in the face of war. The agenda can only be one and only Time will tell.

Do you not wear your seat belt when passing a road you know road safety occupies? you are not sure if they are there but you wear it once you remember. Like every Nigerian, Bokoharam is afraid of military presence.

The blood of those who have died are crying and here we are scanning every opinion whether it has PDP or APC undertone- kontinu

@Lalasticlala
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by CHM11: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
IbnSultaan:

the command center has not and will not be infiltrated
crap from you. was the use of checkpoints in benue , Abuja,Niger born. its like taking coflin to treat headache

IN THE. NORTHEAST checkpoints were never removed
the are vital to stop intrusion

I STAND with PMB for removing NON essential checkpoints that have corrupted military personnel's

First I don't want to reason what you mean by 'crap from you'. That's rude and insulting.

Secondly, we heard of bombings in Kaduna and Jos...if you have an unbiased mind, why do you think this happened? Do you think the checkpoints would atleast have helped at all?

Removal of checkpoints had no advantage!!!...it has only disadvantages.

Tell me 3 advantages of removal of army checkpoints. If you can't find 3 advantages then rest your case on this issue.
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by CHM11: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Goodboiyy:

my frnd shut up, if u gat nothing to contribute better exist the thread.

How many times av u seen d OP shouting PDP or APC, so anybody that does not see things d way u do is a TANS.

SMH
Seriously bro, its just funny what politics have turned our youths into. They can't reason clearly anymore. Even when they see clear wrong like PMB's refusal to make his asset declaration public, they still go about defending his actions.
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
CHM11:

Seriously bro, its just funny what politics have turned our youths into. They can't reason clearly anymore. Even when they see clear wrong like PMB's refusal to make his asset declaration public, they still go about defending his actions.

And if u go Against them u automatically becomes an PDP agent or Igbo man.

I voted APC, really regretting my actions.
On a normal note, I dislike PDP due to bad leaders excerpt (Jonathan, Akpabio) I thought PMB will b a better choice, BT guess wat am wrong.

Keep saying This, This Government will b worst than GEJ's own.. Quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
CHM11:

First I don't want to reason what you mean by 'crap from you'. That's rude and insulting.

Secondly, we heard of bombings in Kaduna and Jos...if you have an unbiased mind, why do you think this happened? Do you think the checkpoints would atleast have helped at all?

Removal of checkpoints had no advantage!!!...it has only disadvantages.

Tell me 3 advantages of removal of army checkpoints. If you can't find 3 advantages then rest your case on this issue.
removal of nonessential checkpoints allows for more troops to be deployed

cases of unethical practices at checkpoints will no longer surface

incidents of soldiers killing unarmed civilian is stopped
Re: Bokoharam: Connect The Dots With A Sincere And Unbiased Mind. by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
Another long shitty post from a wailing wailer.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: more than 10,000 cars been destroy In Tianjin, China / Presidential Directive On Light Weapons: Defence Industries In A Shambles / Aliko Dangote’s Daughter Dies Of Brain Cancer In UK, Fatima Bello Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.