Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:47 PM

What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 (9442 Views)

Difference Between Toyota 4runner 8 Plugs And 6 Plugs Engine / Between Toyota Highlander And Lexus Rx300 / Comparism Between Toyota Camry 2010 XLE And Lexus RX 330 (2005/06 Model) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by uscofield: 10:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Experts in the house, what are the differences (both physical and non visible) between Toyota sienna 1999 and 2000.

Please educate me.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by uscofield: 10:35am On Jul 08, 2015
Silent house?
Your help is needed
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by Mcdonelldouglas(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2015
The 2000 model gets a redesigned grille, clear (white) rear indicator with the 1999 having orange rear indicators ''trafficators''. Overall it looks better than the pre-facelifted one.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by uscofield: 11:13am On Jul 08, 2015
Mcdonelldouglas:
The 2000 model gets a redesigned grille, clear (white) rear indicator with the 1999 having orange rear indicators ''trafficators''. Overall it looks better than the pre-facelifted one.

Thanks bro,
More differences are welcome
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by nurey(m): 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mcdonelldouglas:

not true they are both the samething.

1998 to 2000 toyota sienna is the samething let's call this A

2001 to 2003 is different from the latter let's call this B

A and B have grille difference which may not be highly visible but the most distinguishing difference is at the rear, the lights are both different. A has its trafficator as orange and ontop while B has its as white and somehow placed in the middle.

B is better than A in terms of engine and fuel economy, A churns out 193bhp and does 16city, 19combined, 21highway.

B churns out 210bhp and does 19city, 21combined, 24highway.

the engine of B has VVTI and is highly different from engine of A though they have same litre but I doubt if either engine can work for each other without doing some butchering/modification.

When making your purchase choose the LE or XLE, the CE is not that loaded but preferable if it's what is called GOLD COLOURED or toyota gold or just pick a symphony edition oof the sienna and enjoy serenity. good luck with your purchase

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by uscofield: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
nurey:

A and B have grille difference which may not be highly visible but the most distinguishing difference is at the rear, the lights are both different. A has its trafficator as orange and ontop while B has its as white and somehow placed in the middle.

B is better than A in terms of engine and fuel economy, A churns out 193bhp and does 16city, 19combined, 21highway.

the engine of B has VVTI and is highly different from engine of A though they have same litre but I doubt if either engine can work for each other without doing some butchering/modification.

When making your purchase choose the LE or XLE, the CE is not that loaded but preferable if it's what is called GOLD COLOURED or toyota gold or just pick a symphony edition oof the sienna and enjoy serenity. good luck with your purchase

Thanks,
Experts on the house, let me learn from you
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by lonelydora: 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nurey has said it all. No more questions.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by ophilly: 1:14am On Jul 29, 2015
Hardly any difference, but 2000 model is equipped with daytime running lights
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by nurey(m): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2015
ophilly:
Hardly any difference, but 2000 model is equipped with daytime running lights

no my brother DRL (day running light) is synonymous to a certain region of the world so cars manufactured there are equipped with it for a purpose. my 2000 has and I have seen 2001 too with that feature, the disadvantage I found in my sienna is that the DRL cannot be switched off I have seen a 2003-2006 camry with DRL but has the ability to switch it off.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by lonelydora: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
nurey:

I urgently need direct toks of the symphony edition LE .
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by nurey(m): 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
lonelydora:

I am not a car dealer baba. I have seen some yeye symphony edition with fabric seats. I would advice a XLE trim with leather and optional power slide doors. Most silver colored symphony are loaded to the tooth but other colors sometimes just fall hand. But the symphony is easy to identify as the side plastic and bumper has same color with main body and the front pillar has speakers embedded.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by lonelydora: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
nurey:

I am not a car dealer baba. I have seen some yeye symphony edition with fabric seats. I would advice a XLE trim with leather and optional power slide doors. Most silver colored symphony are loaded to the tooth but other colors sometimes just fall hand. But the symphony is easy to identify as the side plastic and bumper has same color with main body and the front pillar has speakers embedded.

I am running from the XLE because of the leather seats. I want fabric seat

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by mammanbawa: 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
They're the same just different production year. They're all pre facelift models.
Differences between facelift and ore facelift first gen toyota sienna xl10 mpv; (1998-2000 & 2001-2003)
Headlamps of pre facelift aren't crystal clear like that of the facelift model and I think facelift headlights are bigger though the tail lamps can be used for either models cos of the size and all are mated to a 4 speed automatic transmission. The interior, front grille, the dashboard and instrument cluster are different in the two cars. Engine size is the same but the facelift has vvt-i and churns out more horsepower. I don't think any of the pre facelift models have side steps. Symphony edition was introduced in the facelift models rolling out with more options and a uniform colour (body colour all round). All cars harbour a v6 I think. Some of the pre facelift have 3 doors and none of the facelift models have 3 doors.

Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by paulRegina1: 5:42am On Jan 05, 2018
lonelydora:

Feel free to contact me should you need this 8 passenger/sitter 2004 sienna LE, perfect for your transportation business with front Dvd entertainment, thanks, if you send me an email that would be fine, thanks

Paulncharam@yahoo.com

Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by paulRegina1: 5:44am On Jan 05, 2018
More pictures, keep in mind this is an 8 sitter very clean, and excellently reliable

Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by lonelydora: 8:23am On Jan 05, 2018
paulRegina1:

Feel free to contact me should you need this 8 passenger/sitter 2004 sienna LE, perfect for your transportation business with front Dvd entertainment, thanks, if you send me an email that would be fine, thanks

Paulncharam@yahoo.com

how much
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by jixasi(m): 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
Please I urgently need a Toyota sienna for hire purchase.....

Am ready to go with your terms and conditions....

hire purchase for 200k permonth ready to buy it for 3m

Needed for transportation along the Lagos to Accra corridors..

Contact me on 08166591374 (whatsapp and calls) or jixaiesec@gmail.com..

Thanks alot

paulRegina1:

Paulncharam@yahoo.com
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by jixasi(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2018

Thanks alot

mammanbawa:
They're the same just different production year. They're all pre facelift models.
Differences between facelift and ore facelift first gen toyota sienna xl10 mpv; (1998-2000 & 2001-2003)
Headlamps of pre facelift aren't crystal clear like that of the facelift model and I think facelift headlights are bigger though the tail lamps can be used for either models cos of the size and all are mated to a 4 speed automatic transmission. The interior, front grille, the dashboard and instrument cluster are different in the two cars. Engine size is the same but the facelift has vvt-i and churns out more horsepower. I don't think any of the pre facelift models have side steps. Symphony edition was introduced in the facelift models rolling out with more options and a uniform colour (body colour all round). All cars harbour a v6 I think. Some of the pre facelift have 3 doors and none of the facelift models have 3 doors.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by mammanbawa: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
jixasi:

Thanks alot

Sorry to disappoint you sir, I'm not a car dealer and I have no experience with any of them here so I can't refer you.
Check the autos section.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 by anabinut1984: 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
The Toyota Sienna 2000 is one of the most popular cars in Nigeria, and for good reason. If you're looking to buy a used car in Nigeria, then the Sienna 2000 is definitely worth considering.

The Sienna 2000 is a great all-around car. The car also offers good fuel economy, with estimates of up to 31 mpg on the highway.

When it comes to safety, the Sienna 2000 is well-equipped.

Its 3.0-liter V6 engine provides plenty of power for everyday driving, and its four-speed automatic transmission makes it easy to drive in the city or on the highway. The comfortable interior provides plenty of space for passengers, and the car is surprisingly quiet on the road. It comes with standard dual front airbags, side-impact airbags, and anti-lock brakes.

The Toyota Sienna 2000 is also a great value for the money.

Overall, the Toyota Sienna 2000 is a great car for Nigerian drivers.

The car also comes with an electronic stability control system, which helps to keep the car stable in slippery conditions. It's relatively affordable and offers good resale value, making it a great option for those looking for a used car in Nigeria. It's reliable, economical, and offers good safety features. To learn more, read our in-depth review of the Toyota Sienna 2000 here: reviewradar_42web_io/2023/06/12/toyota-sienna-2000-an-in-depth-review-of-cars-in-nigeria/..

It's reliable, economical, and offers good safety features. To learn more, read our in-depth review of the Toyota Sienna 2000 here: reviewradar_42web_io/2023/06/12/toyota-sienna-2000-an-in-depth-review-of-cars-in-nigeria/..

To learn more, read our in-depth review of the Toyota Sienna 2000 here: reviewradar_42web_io/2023/06/12/toyota-sienna-2000-an-in-depth-review-of-cars-in-nigeria/..

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Production Of Vehicles Hit 45,000 Units Per Annum / Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions / Black Exhaust Smoke From Toyota Sienna Le 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.