Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm (70375 Views)

How To Get Best Hybrid Plantain Sucker/ Plantain Farm Management in Nigeria / Ogbomoso Plantain Farm Estate:Your Fastlane To Making Millions And Wealth / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Harvesting Period
are you interested in buying plantain in bunches?

we sell plantain bunches in dozen, our plantains are big if you are not ready to buy big one, don't call us.

Also for those who intend to start his/her own plantain plantation in next coning year should contact us for hybrid plantain sucker

for detail call us or visit our site

08065987831, www.plantainsucker..com

You can send us email : msg4lekan@gmail.com

You can also send whatsapp message to above mentioned mobile Number

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
Propping
For the farmers who have not harvest his or her plantain or those who retain certain portion of his plantain to enable it mature a bit. I will like to share this idea with you below. You need to take this precaution in order to avoid total loss. This is call Propping.

Propping. What is propping? This is process of providing external support to your crops against strong winds, nematodes , stem borer and many more.

This is dry season, plants are generally weak during this period, strong winds, nematodes and stem borer also increase the rate of loss for this reason plant need support from one or two wooden props, which is mostly made of bamboo.

How to uses:
if a pieces of bamboo is used, the support is placed along side the plant and the top of the plant is tied to the bamboo. A lateral branch at the top of the bamboo prop sometimes forms a natural for which can be used to support the plantain without being tied to it.

Please don't over look this stages because if your plantain pseudo step break that is us the end of such plant, while it fruit may not be matured enough to sell.

you can visit our blog for detail and for your hybrid plantain suckers also for your consultant on plantain farming..... call 08065987831
email us: msg4lekan@gmail.com

Also you can send whatsapp message via above mobile number
www.plantainsuckers..com

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by TemiGrace77(f): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
etrader:
Are you intending to set up plantain farming?

Are you thinking of the soil for planting of plantain?

Are you thinking of where to get plantain suckers?

Are you thinking how to sell it and market profit margin?

If all these are your challenges, feel free to call this mobile 08065987831 or chat with us on whatsapp or send your inquiries to msg4lekan@gmail.com

Before I go I will like to introduce some critical stages involve in plantain farming, these are:

v Selecting the site
v Preparing the field
v Spacing
v Selecting cultivar
v Preparing sucker
v Planting
v Choosing the time to plant
v Mulching
v Fertilizing
v Control weed
v Intercropping
v Propping
v Harvesting

Click the link below and see how to set up plantain farming without consultant, I call it do it by yourself.

http://plantainsuckers..com.ng/

We are ready to supply you hybrid sucker that will give you high yield plantain.

You can chat with us on whatsapp: 08065987831 or send us email; msg4lekan@gmail.com
i am planning to go into plantain plantation this year. Here is my add: apexgrace77@gmail.com. Thanks as i await your mail. God bless you sir.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2017
Plantain Plantation setting up process

Selecting the site

The best way to expand production of plantain is to grow it on Plantation field that a distance from village. in side forest where you can see cheap land, fertile soil and security for your crops.

what you need to observe is loamy soil, to identify a loamy soil for a lay man, just look at the soil make sure is black soil, and ensure that it is not molding when you hold it. Also make sure that the soil should be well drained but not too sleepy slope. The land must not be flooded.

After you have certify with this quality the next is to prepare the land for planting.

for more information on how to set up plantain plantation visit our blog www. plantainsuckers. . com
or you can call us on 08065987831 or you send whatsapp message or email us :msg4lekan@gmail.com

You can call us for your hybrid plantain sucker
for your maximum out put this year

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Mustack: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
thanks
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
clearing is d next step
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by funstufz: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Kindly send me a copy of the pdf on Plantain Cultivation.

Am also frequent in Ibadan, maybe we could arrange one weekend to visit your farm and if possible help me secure a farmland too.

Will be back on Nairaland to share my feedback.

Thank you.

tman13:
[color=#990000][/color]

Just theory how will u plant 900 suckers on an acre of land too much. I have 3 acres with 2100 which sud be maximum. I have a pdf copy of full explanation on Plantain cultivation. If u are interested u can call me 07038122984. I also have Plantain suckers for sale my farm is not far from Iwo Road. It is around Papa
Note; the pdf is free I can to ur WhatsApp .

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
attention tman13

you said is a lie I strongly advise you to visit my farm, I think you believe in seen is belief.

Also don't use my post as a medium to advertise your products, you can create your own post is free. Thank to Seun who created this platform.

I have 12 acres of farm land for the pass 5years I have been into business of farming after I voluntary resign from Sanford group. if you need proof I will give it to u.

Username Tman13, if you don't know how to set up a farm and you insert over 900 stands of Sucker in an acre, please come for free lesson in my farm, my farm is locate in Lagos.

you can call me for detail
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
Attention username : funstufz

You don't drop your email or your mobile I can't send it on this platform due to PDF copy you requested for.

You can meet me privately on whatsapp, email or phone number stated below. My farm is in Lagos and I am ready to visit your if need be, you too can also visit my farm at any suitable time.

Nigeria is one of country that produce plantain but we are not exporting it why?

msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
Land preparation / clearing of land
We are now in dry season all we have to do now is to prepare the land we intend to use for cultivation of plantain plantation.

This can be done in two ways.
1. mechanical method
2. manual method

Mechanical method is the process where by mechanical device such as Bulldozer is been use to clear the farm for planting. This machine tamper with the top soil, and this will affect the grow of Plantain you intend to cultivate on the land.

For proper clarification if you have been to a farm where mechanical device is been use to clear the farm. The top soil will dump in one side of the farm while the major part of the field will be a table land. After planting have been done on such field you can now compare crops planted on the where the bulldozer dump the rubble and the cleared field.

You will notice that the crop at dumping side were growing better than cleared field.

Than simple show that all the Top soil which contain essential minerals that are needful for the crops have been pack into one side of the farm.

As a result is this I strongly advise you to make use of manual clearing method.

Manual clearing method is method where by crude equipments are using such as Hoe, cutlass and many more are use. Although the method is stressful but you should try to apply it. You can hire Cotonou Boys or Egede, ogoja boys. if you hire Aboki or Yoruba boys

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Mustack: 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
etrader:
Land preparation / clearing of land
We are now in dry season all we have to do now is to prepare the land we intend to use for cultivation of plantain plantation.

This can be done in two ways.
1. mechanical method
2. manual method

Mechanical method is the process where by mechanical device such as Bulldozer is been use to clear the farm for planting. This machine tamper with the top soil, and this will affect the grow of Plantain you intend to cultivate on the land. For proper clarification if you have been to a farm where mechanical device is been use to clear the farm. The top soil will dump in one side of the farm while the major part of the field will be a table land. After planting have been done on such field you can now compare crops plant on the where the bulldozer dump the soil and the cleared field. You will notice that the crop at dumping side were growing better than cleared field.

Than simple show that all the Top soil which contain essential minerals that are needful for the crops have been pack into one side of the farm.

As a result is this I strongly advise you to make use of manual clearing method.

Thank you
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 10:05am On Jan 27, 2017
Manual Clearing Method

This method involve use of crude equipment such as Hoe, cutlass and many more. Although this method is stressful but it is the best practice method for clearing. You can hire Cotonou boys, Egede boys or Ogoja boys. They will do the job for you perfectly but if you hired Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa boys to do the clearing for you, be prepared for war. lol sorry na joke i dey joke ooooo. I dont spoil your business but am talk from experience.

If you are planting on large scale of land, you need to hired as many as you can to do the job for you on specific period of time. This because as you are progressing in clearing, those place already will start growing weed again, if care is not taken this can lead into double work for you.That is why you need to hire as many as possible able men to do the job for you in a specific period of time.

Similarly, you can apply clearing and planting method. This mean as you are progressing in planting some of your men are do the planting too.

With this method you archived your goal. The next is to prepare for Spacing your field for planting.

For your well treated Hybrid Plantain sucker feel free to call below mobile or send email to email stated below.

msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Mustack: 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
etrader:
Manual Clearing Method

This method involve use of crude equipment such as Hoe, cutlass and many more. Although this method is stressful but it is the best practice method for clearing. You can hire Cotonou boys, Egede boys or Ogoja boys. They will do the job for you perfectly but if you hired Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa boys to do the clearing for you, be prepared for war. lol sorry na joke i dey joke ooooo. I dont spoil your business but am talk from experience.

If you are planting on large scale of land, you need to hired as many as you can to do the job for you on specific period of time. This because as you are progressing in clearing, those place already will start growing weed again, if care is not taken this can lead into double work for you.That is why you need to hire as many as possible able men to do the job for you in a specific period of time.

Similarly, you can apply clearing and planting method. This mean as you are progressing in planting some of your men are do the planting too.

With this method you archived your goal. The next is to prepare for Spacing your field for planting.

For your well treated Hybrid Plantain sucker feel free to call below mobile or send email to email stated below.

msg4lekan@gmail.com

IN LIEU TO THIS HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF CLEARING ONE ACRE OF LAND....
ILL EMAIL YOU FOR MORE DISCUSSION.. THANKS
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2017
the price are variable and that depend on your ability to negotiate with your workers. But in my area they charge 4-5k, while in some part of ogun 3000

you can send your email too
msg4lekan@gmail.com

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
Happy weekend to you who are farmers already, intend farmers and those who seating at the fence & happy new month. The month of February is month we start preparing our land. Clearing it burn it if need be and many more regard clearing. This is because we are going to have minimum or no rainfall. This will give us opportunity to burn it if we need to do so.

I don't not mean you cant clear your farm at anytime of the year, but this is more better time.

As you are design your budget for this year try and invest in agro business especially plantain plantation I promise you better return at end of the day.

There is no thought that we are larger producer of plantain but we are not an exporter of it. Some countries who does not have production capacity than us are using plantain /banana as foreign exchange earner . You can check out plantain, orange and banana you buy from shoprite ,they are imported.

Like I said invest in agro business today. With #100k to #200k you can have a return turn to million after 9 months.

You can call me for detail on how to set your plantain plantation and purchase of Hybrid Plantain suckers that give you good out put.

You can contact below mobile or visit our blog .

msg4lekan@gmail.com
www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2017
field clearing

we are still continued in area of clearing this is because we are in the period of clearing .

Clearing can also be done by use of Chemical herbicide. This can be achieve if your farm is not bush. When the weed still between 30-50 cm night .

The type of herbicide to apply depend on the type of weed that grow in your farm. in my farm I make use of Paraforce or Gramozone within 3 min after apply theses chemical you start see the effect on weed. if you don't notice any effect that mean the chemical is not the best for your crops.

Similarly, If you notice termite in your farm field, don't take it lightly with this pest. They can destroy any crop you plant on the farm. so before you plant you can apply pesticide like Termiclor 200EC Chlorpyrifos 20% .

This chemical good for clearing of termite or any pest in your farm.

You can contact us for more info on how to apply chemical method of clearing your farm land and further administrative method on how to set up plantain plantations.

You are free to visit our farm we coach you on how to set up your own plantain plantations.
call below mobile or send message to below email for your hybrid plantain sucker

msg4lekan@gmail
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by samsus(m): 5:41am On Feb 11, 2017
thanks so much sir... never knew plantain farming is a this lucrative ....... need u to help me feel up my questionnaire sir ... am presently working on plantain n I need u to put thru somtynz sir.... will call u today sir tanx n Godbless
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2017
CLEARING BY FIRE

Clearing by fire has been heavily attacked for destronging the soil. Here, in less technical term I will spell advantages and disadvantage of burning your farm land by fire.

Advantage:
- Nutrients like Phosphorus (P), Potassium (K) and Cassium (Ca ) are made available in soluble form which stimulates the growth of plant during the early growing period.

If you want to prove this, after you have clear some portion of your farm land plant on where you burn the rubbish and observe the rate of germination of the crop you plant there and compare it to the part of the farm which is not burn.

Disadvantage:
-- The carbon, nitrogen and sulphur in the fallow and litter are loss in the burn (but not the amounts in the soil humus)

-- fire also demages tree like oil palm, raffia palm and many more.

As a result of these I don't think is was so bad to burn firm land by fire when compare with advantage and disadvantage.

I used fire clearing method in my farm and I got the result.

I also recommend any farmers or intending farmers to do so.

You can contact me on set up of your plantain plantation and supply of hybrid plantain suckers as many as you want.

Call below mobile or email. You can also chat on WhatsApp with the same mobile .

msg4lekan@gmail

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
What are the reasons why I should invest my hard earning on plantain farming?

Like how much would I realized at end of the harvest?

I want to invest into agro or plantain plantation but I don't have the idea or experience on farming, where would I start?

These and some of these questions will be bothering your mind and you need quick answer to them.

I am ready to assist you to provide answer to them as much I can.

∆ in the 1st place why should I invest in plantain farming out of all crops.
The reason is simple you are investing on plantain to make good return at end of harvest.

Also if you invest in buy plantain sucker in this planting season, in next planting season you don't need to invest on plantain sucker again. All you need to do is maintanace.

Similarly, you are contribute to GDP of this country and you are also feed the nation and world at large.

2ndly, in term of profit making after.

As a business man or capitalist, you are after profit making from your investment.

I can assure you that if you follow all my lay down instructions you can return of over 400% of your investment withing 8-9 months. Can you imagine, is far beyond mmm profit. Lolz....

3rdly, if you have no idea of farming or plantain farming all you need is to join me on WhatsApp and ready to coach from a-z and I promise that you will not regrets invest in it.

For your Hybrid plantain suckers and for more info on

Call or chat with me on WhatsApp mobile below and email :

msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:26am On Feb 18, 2017
Land spacing

The next we discuss now is spacing of our farm land.

After you have been cleared your farm land the next is to measure the field and space it in appropriate proportion.

The first thing to do is to measure all area covered by your land. This can be done through the help of the surveyor if you are buying the land newly. You can also make use of measure tape to do the work. This can be measure in Ft or M. In my own case I make use of ft. 10ft =3m.

With this measure the farm in plot or in acre. 6plots will give you 1acre. Let this be at back of your mind. Also measure are very from one region to another. In south west a plot is measures 60×120ft per plot but in south east a plot is 50×100ft.

To determine where your cultivars will be dig into, you have to be very careful at this stage this is because this will determined your profit. If you are make use of different dimension at this stage you get different result. For example some people we say you should make it 10ft ×10ft to enable your crops to have space. If you follow this step you are going to have less than or equal to 600 stand of plantain on 1 acre of land.

But if you make use 8×6ft on one acre you have 900-100 stand of plantain in your farm.

When you compare the profit from 600 too 1000 they are not the same . also there will be enough space between then.

Remember you are to spend equal amount of money to clear the weed, on 600 stands and 1000 stands. If you are buy chemical you buy the same chemical and you also pay the sprayer the same amount you pay for 600 and 1000 stands.

A good stand spacing is also good farm management .

I strongly advice you to make use of 8×6 ft when you are spacing your farm land for planting.

For more info call me, send WhatsApp msg or send me email on mobile below.

msg4lekan@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by ommo(m): 11:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
following with keen interest

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Environmental Factors / Conditions that affecting the yied of Plantain Fruits

If you buy your Hybrid Plantain Suckers from us you must have 8-9 months of growing for the plant to produce Fruits. Unless one of this environmental conditions occurs. These are: Cold, Shade and Drought.

Cold weather prevents the growth of Plantain. The entire period of growing of plantain must be frost free. Plantain plant in chillier countries such as Russia, Canada and many more, experience chilling injury which could include a failure of fruiting portion to emerge. As a result of this, the growth of fruit may be delay till condition become favourable.

Shade, as a tropical plant, plantain prefer full sunlight. Growing plantain in partial shade is not recommended because not enough sun may lengthen the time it takes before the plantain produce fruit.
So if you have big trees inside your farm, I strongly advise you to cut it down or not to plant under it.

Drought:
Drought conditions are hard on plantain plant extreme drought may keep the fruit from appearing on the the plant. This condition is also call choking condition we observed this in dry weather. It is important to keep watering your plantain regularly.

Let take advantage of weather condition in Europe and America for not able to have plantain in large quantities and plant this crops in large quantities and export it to serve as foreign exchange earning for this country.

For your Hybrid plantain suckers

Call below mobile, chat with us on WhatsApp with the same mobile or send email to us on :
msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
Planting Period

What exert stage are you now?

Hope you have done with your land Procurement?

Have you finished land clearing and anticipate the 1st rain of the year?

If you are still on tract and want to follow your plan to invest in farming for this year. You should be now be able to done with your land paper work and clearing of your farm land. This is because planting period and harvesting period are among best planting good farm management.

Although you can plant plantain any period of the year, so farm you can make irrigation available in your during dry season.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
Selection of Plantain sucker

This is a planting period, like I always said you can plant plantain round the year so far you can provide all what is necessary for it. if you chose to plant during the dry season you should be make provision for water. This is because plantain is a water loving crop.

The best time to plant is to plant immediately end of dry season. For a good farming management you should be done with your land preparation by now.

The next is to search for where to see the best plantain sucker that will give you big bunches and ready for harvest in few months after planting.

if this is the stage you are think of, you don't need to worry yourself, you are now at right site. I am plantain farmer with over 5years practical experience. You can order for your Cameroon Giant hybrid plantain suckers. Before you place your order I strongly advise you to have a visit to my farm and see things by yourself .

we are not only sell suckers and plantains we also coach any intend farmers on how to step up plantain farming till your first harvest.

if you need more information on how to secure a hybrid plantain suckers and how to set up plantain plantation feel free to call, chat or send email to me on :08065987831 (WhatsApp/Telegram). msg4lekan@gmail.com
or visit our blog: www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 7:16pm On May 06, 2017
This is planting period every farmer goes to farm and plant on cleared field.

As you know during the planting of plantain Plantain Suckers is essential, you can not over ride plantain suckers. This sucker will determine the kind of plantain you will be expected.

Before you book or order for your Hybrid Plantain suckers i will advise you to visit my farm and see plantain plantation by yourself. You see the kind of fruit you should be expected by the time you will harvest your own. Also it will enable you to understand what is call Hybrid or None Hybrid.

You can visit my blog or call, email or chat with us on whatsapp.

08065987831. msg4lekan@gmail.com
www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Genrev: 10:23am On May 18, 2017
I am pursing getting into planting of plantain suckers on some plots of land. I probably made a mistake of getting an excavator through someone ignorant like me to do the clearing. The work was half done but now I want to use manual labour to get this sorted as advised in one of the trends. How can I go about getting those that can do this right? I want to believe that there are skilled guys that can move in and take the headache of supervision and preparation of land. Location is Agboowa, Ikorodu axis of Lagos State. My contact details - genrev_ng@yahoo.com and SMS only to 08035201415
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:52pm On May 29, 2017
Your email address is not valid kindly resend me your active email or try to reach me via this mobile whatsap 08065987831. I am ready to assist yin anything you need concern plantain suckers or plantain plantaion.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
[color=#006600][/color] WHY YOU NEED TO INVEST IN PLANTAIN PLANTATION

Plantain farming is money spinning machine. You cannot believe this not until you invest in it.

Before you invest your hard earning money on any business you need to find out how lucrative the business you intend to invest to. You find out how possible you make you make your invest capital and make more profit at end of the day. Before you invest in plantain plantation you need to go to nearby market where farm produces are selling. Go to plantain section and ask how much they are selling dozen of plantain suckers and compare it assume you are the farmer that produces such plantains.

This time around dozen of plantain sold between N15,000.00 and N35,000.00 depend on size of the plantain. Now let assume you have 900 stands of plantain in your farm, that mean you have 75 dozens of plantain of plantain bunches. This can be achieve on one acre of land.

Let assume you sell one dozen for N25,000 which is average cost as at today. You multiply this with total numbers of bunches you have that will give you approximately N1.8M.

To achieve this you need to coaching which we are ready to coach free of charge.

You can visit OLAMI FARM by calling this mobile below or visit our blog.

Mobile 08065987831
email. msg4lekan@gmail.com
www.plantainsuckers..com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

This Is The Biggest Cat Fish I've Ever Seen / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now / PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.