Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm (70232 Views)

How To Get Best Hybrid Plantain Sucker/ Plantain Farm Management in Nigeria / Ogbomoso Plantain Farm Estate:Your Fastlane To Making Millions And Wealth / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Dry Season Farming
in case you visited your farm recently and you are not impressed with growth of your crops, don't be disturbed this is how it will be during this this period . Dry season is just a few months I am very sure there will be rain once or twice by February and by March there will be improvement in term of rainfall.

But in case you have financial muscle to irrigate your farm I will advise you to go ahead and do it. Objective of irrigation is to bring water into your crops either drop irrigation or rain-gun. You can contact your plumber to give you best deal of how to bring water into your crops. see pictures below of different kind of irrigating method

Feel free to call below mobile for more info and procurement of hybrid plantain suckers

Tel; +2348065987831
email; msg4lekan@gmail.com
blog: www.plantainsuckers..com

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2020
Boss, pls when its best period period to start planting plantain this year.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
You can plant at any month in a year it depend on soil....if you are planting on swamp land you can start planting by August brake ...if it is upland you can plant by Feb.

Agronomically you start by ending of dry season and beging of rain season....

if you clear your land during dry season or December and set I on fire by February and you plant it by February. By February there will be rain once or twice this is enough for growing of sucker. remember sucker also have some little quantity of water to enable it grow before rain will start fully by March /April

For procurement of Hybrid Plantain Suckers feel free to call below mobile......
we are not sell suckers we coach you on how to set up your Plantain till you harvest.

Tel; +2348065987831
email: msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
5 reason why you need to invest in
plantain plantation
Apart from contribution to growth of country GDP and creating employee and you empower yourself, some of these are benefit of investing in plantain planation..

1. 9-10 months after planting you harvest your plantain and sell it raw. This will bring raw cash to you and sell it pay as you go. You collect your money immediately. Plantain farmers are not on credit.

2. You can process your plantain. As you know when you process your product you are adding value to that product. More value more money. You can process it into plantain flour , Plantain chips and many more. The money you will realize from processing Plantain is more than money make from selling raw, this is undisput fact

3. Few months after planting you will start notice that some suckers are growing round your plantain. These suckers can be extracted and sell and serve as income to you. You are going to make more money by doing this.

4. 6-7 months after harvesting you come back and harvest again on the same spot you harvest earlier. By doing so you are making more money...

5. Next planting season, extract suckers from parent one, you don't need to use money to buy suckers or planting input again. This will save you cost during your farm expansion.

These are many more benefit on investing on plantain plantation.

For inquiry and for procurement of Hybrid plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or chat with me via WhatsApp on the same mobile

Tel: +2348065987831
Email: msg4lekan@gmail.com
Blog; www.plantainsuckers..com

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 4:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
hello sir, can you arrange your team to help me to plant .....I hardly find workers in my farm location

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2020
You can call me via below contact for further discussion....
Tel. 08065987831 email: msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
Effect of Bulldozer On Your crop....

in case you intend to cultivate on large hectares of land and you are planning to make use of Bulldozer to clear the land for you in other to make work easier and faster. Yes it will make work easier and faster for you but agronomically it is not advisable. This is because Bulldozer will clear all the top soil which contains large amount of nutrients for the growth of your crops to one side of the farm and this will have negative effect on your crops.

if you planted Plantain on land cleared with bulldozer, the plant will growth to some certain stage and stop growing at certain stage. it will not grow to the stage that it will produce fruit for you.

if you plant on area where the debris were dropped and you plant plantain on it, it will grow faster on that side where you design for planting will not produce fruit for you.
I will advise you not make use of Bulldozer to clear the land. You can make use of manual mean or old school method to clear the land.

You can clear and plant. You can clear small and plant it

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
How to Procure farm land

someone called me from Ajah I Lagos the he is interested in Plantain plantation and Land is major challenge that he can't afford the cost of buying land in Ajah and environment for cultivation of Plantain. what i told his is to move away from that are and go to near by village or neighboring state and talk to village cheif ( Baale) he should tell them he is intention that he need some piece of land for lease or outright sales. i am very sure he will be allocated. if you are reside in a city, you hardly got a land suitable for farm in a city you need to go extra mile away from city to search for land.

cost of renting farm land withing Ogun state and Oyo state is between 10,000 to 15,000 naira per acre. You will need to buy Dry Gin (baba apari) a bottle is ok for them.

in term of workers, they too can be of help or you hire by yourself.

for more info on where to procure your Hybrid Plantain suckers and to secure good farm land feel free to call below mobile

P.S I dont involve in land matter and I don't have any to rent or lease I can only advise on how to get it by yourself.

Tel; +2348065987831
WhatsApp message on the same mobile
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Olowo2020: 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2020
How can I identify good land for cultivation of Plantain and best time to plant...I have 10 acres of land °& I will like to plant on all, how many suckers would I need?...

Pls this is urgent
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Olowo2020: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2020
Pls olami farm I am still anticipate your response ....thanks
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2020
sorry for took some days before I reply you, in case you have urgent inquiry in respect of plantain farming, kindly send your request to my WhatsApp mobile I will reply you in time.

As per your request, you can plant at any time of the year. Agronomically the best time is immediately after dry season while economy during dry season.

To identify the kind of land good for plantain cultivation see pictures below.

for more info on where to procure your plantain suckers and for free coaching on how to set up your plantain plantation feel free to call below mobile ....

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
pls which herbicide can I use to clear weed in my farm and can I apply herbicide during dry season...
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 10:47am On Feb 17, 2020
Don't waste your money to buy herbicide during dry season, this is because grass or weeds are already dry off. Only few are yet to dry off. I will advise you to clear the farm with help of cutlass....if need be you can set it on fire. Pls don't set your already set up plantation on fire.

And be cautious not to allow the fire to reach another person farm. Make sure you wait till the fire off completely before you leave your farm.

For more info, on where to procure your Hybrid Plantain sucker feel free to call below mobile.
Tell: 08065987831
Email; msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
BOLD ATTEMPT

A bold attempt is half success, take bold attemt today by invest in any sector of farming togetherness let left Nigeria to a greater hight.

For more information on where to procure your plantain suckers and how to set up your plantain plantation by yourself, feel free to call below mobile or send us email at email address below

Tell; +2348065987831
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 9:04am On Feb 23, 2020
The Best Climatic Condition For Plantain Plantation

plantain required a hot and humid environ, ideally the average air temperature should be above 30°c and rainfall at lease 100mm per month. Rainfall should be well distributed throughout the year and dry season should be short as possible. I will advise irrigation if you are planning for commercial purpose. in case you are subsidence Farmer you can plant around river bank or swamp area.

Plantain doesn't doing well on water logging area. if there is too much deposit of water the water can kill your plantain. Therefore the land you intend to you for cultivation of plantain should be well selected, don't think because plantain is water loving crop and you should plant your crop inside water deposit area.
if rainfall is well distribute round the year, Plantain does well on upland rather than swamp area.

for more info on where to procure your curtiva feel free to call below mobile or email us.

Tell; 08065987831
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Treated Plantain Suckers

After you have done with land clearing the next is to procure your Plantain suckers. You will need to transport your suckers from my farm to yours. Plantain suckers can be dump on the ground without planting between period of 2-3 weeks after extracted from parent. If you allow it to be more than this before Planting, the sucker will be weak which will affect the produce at end of day.

See below image of well treated Plantain suckers below.

For procurement of your Hybrid Plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or send WhatsApp message to the same mobile Number. You can also visit my blog and drop your message on any topic we have discussed earlier.

Tell: +2348065987831
Blog..www.plantainsuckers..com

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 6:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
Hello Boss, it was raining on my farm today, can I go ahead and start planting or I should wait? Pls advise.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:41pm On Mar 03, 2020
Yes, you can start planting now, you are so lucky not everybody have observe rainfall on there farm. You can go ahead and start planting. Hope you don't make use of Bulldozer to cleared your farm. if you make use of Bulldozer don't expect to make any significant harvest at end of the day.

Feel free to call me in respect of plantain suckers on below mobile no; +2348065987831
You can send me WhatsApp message on the same mobile.....
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
SETTING YOUR DEBRIS ON FIRE
After you have done with clearing of your weeds the next is to set it on fire by doing this you are reduce the soil pH which is best for the crop. The ashy also serve as source of nutrients for the crop.
if you want to proof this, anywhere you have large deposit of ashy on your farm, plant there and compare the growth rate of crops you plantain on large deposit of Ash and those crops you plant on where there is no ash. You will find out that the one you plant on ash deposit area are growing faster than where there is no ash.

As a result of this I will advise you set your farm on fire, but you need to be careful when you are burning your farm so that it doesn't affect any other person farm which can lead into trouble.

For more information on where to procure your Hybrid Plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile. or visit my blog below.

Tell: +2348065987831
blog...www.plantainsuckers..com

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
pls which irrigation system should I use, or I should use hose because cost rain gun is costly for me
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
it all depend on your financial status, if you know that you don't have enough finance to arrange drip and others comfortable method of irrigation, you can make us of hose as you suggest. But you need someone to do the wetting for you manually.
Make sure that you drop large deposit of water on each stand. if your farm is large it doesn't mean that you wet all d farm in a day. Make sure you don't wet during high intensity sun.

Ant mean of irrigation you use there is no problem, you objective is to ensure that water get to the crop.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Olowo2020: 9:49am On Mar 17, 2020
Hello sir, rainfall on my farm last week, can I start planting plantain corn, because I will like to mix corn with plantain on my farm....pls I need your advise, thanks.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
U can start Planting your Plantain now, but you need to plant your corn few days after rainfall...if you notice that the soil has dried few days after rainfall, don't plant your corn because possibility of the corn to germinate is narrow. You can only plant corn when the soil is wet.

For more information on where to take procure your Hybrid plantain suckers, feel free to call below mobile....

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2020
Do you have plantain now? If you have plantain now I will advise you to move it to near by market buyers are waiting for you.

Yesterday I intend to sell my plantain at Mile 12 market market (owode elede) in Lagos, you can't believe it the rate stopping me along the road, they want to buy plantain. In short I don't bother to reach mile 12 market more, I just call any amount i feel like and the buyer pay.

I am very surprised for the 8 years I have been cultivating plantain demand has not reach this level, where people will demand for Plantain and buy it exorbitant price like d one I sold yesterday.

This doesn't just occurs, the dry season is too long and must farmers don't practice irrigating farming as a result of dry season many farmers will loss their produce to dry season. As a smart farmer you need to engage yourself on irrigation and make sure that your crops is wet round the year. You will definitely got good results at end of the day.

This is different between white farmers and Black farmers. White man irrigates his farmer while Black man wait for rainfall, white man has produce round the year while Black man has produce once in a year.
At end of the day who will be richer, you too can provide d answer.

You can call us for procurement of your Hybrid Plantain suckers, we don't just sell plantain suckers we coach our clients or intend farmers on how to cultivate their plantain farming for maximum produce.

Call below mobile , send email to us or send WhatsApp message to the same mobile...
Tel; +2348065987831
msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2020
Marketing

Before you embark on any business you need to think of how to sell or market it. This is where you will recover your investment back.

Before you procure your land or farm field you need to be sure that it is not too far from main market you intend to sell your farm produce. This is because transport should not consume large portion of your profit.

You need to put this at back of your mind that all farm produces has scarcity and glutting period. So you need to arrange your self and think of which of the season you want to harvest and you plan toward that period.

Glutting period, most farmers in Nigeria depend on rainfall, so they plant at the same time and harvest at the same time this will lead to flooding of markets with farm produces and force the price down. But if you plan against scarcity period, although you will go extra mile to get the job done, by the time you got it you will make more money than your expectations.

Another major factor to consider is which can I move my produce to. If you can go extra mile by moving your products to up country where they lack these products, you will make more money than you think off.

Lagos market is well organized, I don't know about other state farm produce markets. It is a win win situation for buyers and sellers. It is not a fix price market. The price will determine by demand and supply principle. The more produces come to market that day the less the price. If you have less produces in market and too much demand for the product the price will definitely sky rocket. It is not a rocket science, just normal things.
Also you don't need to engage with your buyer, there are standby agents popularly call "OLOBE"
They will sell it on your behalf, if you are not certified with the price you will tell them and you will wait for another buyers. I tell you can't spend more than 3-4hours in market before you are done with selling your produce.

For more information and for procurement of your Hybrid Plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile contact or send me email via below email contact address.

WhatsApp msg to above mobile number
Our blog: www.plantainsuckers..com

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fire Disasters on Plantain Plantation

In case you are a victim of fire Disaster on your plantain plantation or fire enter your farm accidentally and destroy your Plantain Plantation don't loss hope or commits suicide. Don't let this give you a shock that can lead into increase in your B.P. All you need to do is to pray for rainfall, once rain fall on your farm the rest is past. It will recover back within months and you will definitely harvest on the same farm.

This is one of major reason why you should cultivate Plantain Plantation, if it cassava or corn plantation that is the end, you need to start over again.

For more info and where to procure your Hybrid Plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or send email msg to below address...
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
How To identify Best soil For Cultivation Plantain

Every year I often lay emphasis on this topic because it constitude 80% of your total out put. As a result of this you need to give attention it deserves before you embark cultivation of any crops, especially plantain.

To identify Best soil as a novice, most of land in southern Nigeria are very good but you still need to go for the best. A virgin land or forest is best to cultivate plantain. The land must consist of trees, big tress or small trees. Both kind of lands are ok, but the one that consist of big trees is the best. This is because the land would have been protected from direct sunlight for very long time. Died leaves would have been decay for a very long time. Several animal would have dead and decompose for a very long time. This will help the soil.

Look at the first image you will see the that front there is forest that consist of big trees. if you cultivate on this kind of forest you will definitely got the results. There will be no need to apply fertilizer on the crops, within 9 months your plantain is ready for harvest.

On the same first image, you will see a land dry one without trees, you will see that this kind land if you cultivate on this land you will need to enrich the soil upon that you can't compare your produce with the 1st land I show you. Also time for the maturity will be far than the first one.

Another major steps you need to put into consideration is color of the soil, please make sure it black colour. Look at second image this is very important.

If you put all these together with my breed of Suckers you will definitely get good results.

For procurement of Plantain suckers and guild on how to set up your plantain plantation feel free to call below mobile...

WhatsApp message to the same mobile
Our blog.....
www.plantainsuckers..com.ng

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2020
What about clay soil, its suitable for cultivation of plantain too? Pls advise because some part of my farm consist of clay soil, for now I just abandon the land, I want to know if I can make use of that side too
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
It yellow clay soil or black clay, if it black clay it good but if yellow clay I can't advise you to use that ....

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by excanny: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Which SW state is best for plantain farming?
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
Lagos, Osun, Ogun, Ondo and some part of oyo and Ekiti are also good. But the best among them is Ogun and Info state
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2020
How is rain in your side? Here the rain just started...can I start planting cocoyam with my plantain. Can I go ahead? this lockdown really delay me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Checkout All-Black Chicken That Sells For $6000 (Pics, Video) / This Is The Biggest Cat Fish I've Ever Seen / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.