Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan (1989 Views)

Terry G At Slot HQ, Lagos, Stages A Huge Comeback / Drop A Tribute To Micheal Jackson Here / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2009

Michael Jackson could earn more than $400m (£283m) from a comeback deal involving new music and movies as well as concerts, his promoter has revealed.

The pop superstar has announced 10 gigs at the O2 arena in London this summer.

Randy Phillips, head of AEG Live, which is staging the gigs, said they had a wider deal that could cover a world tour and a 3D film based on Thriller.

He also said: "We're talking to him about helping him figure a new plan for the release of singles, new music."

Last tour

Jackson appeared at the London venue on Thursday to announce his comeback concerts.

He billed them as "the final curtain call" and "my final show performances in London".

Speaking afterwards, Mr Phillips said: "These will be the last shows in London. Whether he will go on from here around the world, this will be his last tour.

"All he's agreed to are the London shows at this point."

He said AEG Live had a "broader relationship" with Jackson.

"We have a film development deal that's part of this to do a film, Thriller 3D," he said.

It would be a new film that could star Jackson himself, he said.

Asked how much Jackson could earn from the ventures, Mr Phillips replied: "If we complete the full three-and-a-half year plan, he could gross over $400m in that time. London could be north of $50m (£35m)."

The star made a five-minute appearance in front of hundreds of screaming fans on Thursday to announce the 10 London dates.

I'll be performing the songs my fans want to hear - this is the final curtain call
Michael Jackson

Is the King of Pop still a thriller?

His first words to fans were: "I love you so much.

"This will be it. When I say this is it, it really means this is it," he added.

"I'll be performing the songs my fans want to hear."

Jackson had been expected to appear at the 02 arena at 1600 GMT, but arrived an hour and a half late for the announcement.

The first concert at the 20,000-capacity venue will be on 8 July, with tickets costing between £50 and £75. They go on general sale on 13 March.

Jackson last toured 12 years ago. In 2006, he performed at the World Music Awards in London, but disappointed fans by singing just a few lines of We Are The World.

I hope he pulls this one off and get back on his fit.
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by spikedcylinder: 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2009
He needs this.
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2009
if the ticket like make e be £1m I go buy that ticket.
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by SeanT21(f): 1:12am On Mar 07, 2009
I pray he does.I love MICHAEL!!
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by lucabrasi(m): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2009
@post
do you have any link for where to get the tickets?heard people are already registering for the o2 gigs,
intrigued to see where his career is heading and what he s doing next,cant wait to hear him do thriller tho,my all time fav!
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by JJYOU: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2009
why cant you people remember the poor in the society as some of you always advocate on other threads. just wondering.
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by mujahid1339(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
but he's dead? undecided
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by falcon01: 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
mujahid1339:
but he's dead? undecided
that was 2009 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by Softorgasm(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by Kobicove(m): 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
Who resurrected this thread? undecided
Re: Micheal Jackson Eyes $400m Comeback Plan by Denique(f): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
LIFE!!!

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo(Real Madrid) Dates Kim Kardashian / Kate Henshaw Nuttal Clocks 40 / PHOTOS: MTN Project Fame Winners Receive Car Prizes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.