Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,900 members, 7,806,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) (21873 Views)

Bauchi Police Command Announces Interception Of Eight Missing Goats / EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash / NDLEA Intercepts Man Moving $2.1million To Abuja (exclusive Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by mencade5(m): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2015
bbh
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by berrystunn(m): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2015
Am sure a banker did this...
this is how they pass information to kidnappers and armed robber
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by rattlesnake(m): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2015
Lies trending
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2015
ok
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Karleb(m): 7:36am On Jul 09, 2015
I thought NDLEA deals with drugs, where was EFCC?
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by fF01(m): 7:36am On Jul 09, 2015
ehen! i bin reason am sef. y NDLEA go leave drugs dey touchlight money mata? gud 1 dia. gat brainz!
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by ShenTeh(m): 7:36am On Jul 09, 2015
No way!
Walahi I ain't swallowing zhat buullshhit.
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by tinuolababy(f): 7:36am On Jul 09, 2015
Okay
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2015
Damscrob:
Front page again
Dedicate this to all Engineers on this page...
What are you dedicating ?
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2015
[url=Decryptor]OP[/url] thank you for this dissection of facts. This site needs more like you to counter all the fake news that hit frontpage daily.
Now you've done the needful I don't need to bother reading the story as you've already seperated fact from fiction.

1 Like

Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by emamos: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2015
sahara deserter
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2015
The "NK" on that banner is LIKELY to be an insignia of the word "BANK" meaning that the photograph was taken in a bank.

You are right it's a bank.
But where do you think agencies deposit the money they seize? In a bank of course. And the suspect has to be there for the money to be counted in their presence, officers of the intercepting agency and bank officials.
The money is deposited in a bank pending the time it is transferred to the appropriate agency i.e. EFCC. A document is signed by the suspect and witnesses to that effect.
This usually happens if the money cannot be transferred on the same day it is intercepted.
And during the transfer, the money is counted again to ensure it's complete.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by eliwa47(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2015
Gbam, great observations. but let keep our fingers n legs crossed! Lolz
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 09, 2015
ifeanyi83:
I learnt a long time ago to always verify any news I read that has sahara reporters as it's source. I just wonder the style of journalism they practice....

Gonzo journalism
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 09, 2015
Decryptor:
A story made headlines on Nairaland about the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency intercepting $2.1m here https://www.nairaland.com/2437137/ndlea-intercepts-man-moving-2.1million

Well, unfortunately the story is not true. Take a look at the points illustrated on the following pictures

The "NK" on that banner is LIKELY to be an insignia of the word "BANK" meaning that the photograph was taken in a bank.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2607074_saharalies_jpeg5dad639e42be48a10b6f824610f0e4a6

Secondly, the counting machine on the table near the said Dollars is used mostly in banks and other institutions.
What in the world will a counting machine be used for in the NDLEA for? Counting marijuana leaves??

The composure and relaxed gait on the face of the "suspect"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606709_cjz0fnjwcaap2b2_jpeg12e832fd90ea0ad57f9c718fe20eacb7

You can see that the face of the man is so relaxed as he is absolutely under no pressure or tension at all. This man has the expression of someone who was just told to pose for a photo just for leisure

The said "suspect" has no name: As i noticed, no name was given to the suspect. At least, we all know that when criminals are apprehended, their names and where they come from is usually the first thing to grace the news.

NDLEA is not an agency that checkmates money laundering: Since when did the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement become saddled with the responsibility to intercept cash instead of narcotics? Secondly, Sahara Reporters did not clearly state what intent the money was being transported by the suspect. Was it the proceeds of a drug sale or evidence from a drug bust?

Finally, no other REPUTABLE Newspaper Online carried the news: I ran a check and found out that the news was not carried by notable online tabloids like Vanguard, The Sun News Online, Punch Online etc but only Sahara and other blogging sites. This shows the authenticity of that story is questionable.

Sahara Reports is known to be serving fake headlines which have been swallowed ignorantly by gullible Nigerians. For them to post this kind of story can be damaging to this man and he could take serious legal action against them.

The story is absolutely false and should be disregarded!
thank you Op for a job well done, I have never taken that news media call Sahara reporters any Inch seriously... may your wisdom never grow dim. goodmrn

2 Likes

Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Nuhusky: 7:38am On Jul 09, 2015
Chai! Abi na part of the $20 billion stolen money one of d barawo take style return
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Isoni(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2015
Waiting patiently for my share
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by ojemglo(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2015
wow too gud i made fp oooooooooo
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Damscrob(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
lol who no like frontpage abi you no like am ?

i love am die
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Damscrob(m): 7:40am On Jul 09, 2015
neoapocalypse:

What are you dedicating ?
to enter front page is seemingly an herculean task..
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Sugarpot(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2015
Good observation OP.
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by wonda26(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2015
Decryptor:
A story made headlines on Nairaland about the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency intercepting $2.1m here https://www.nairaland.com/2437137/ndlea-intercepts-man-moving-2.1million

Well, unfortunately the story is not true. Take a look at the points illustrated on the following pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2607074_saharalies_jpeg5dad639e42be48a10b6f824610f0e4a6

Secondly, the counting machine on the table near the said Dollars is used mostly in banks and other institutions.
What in the world will a counting machine be used for in the NDLEA for? Counting marijuana leaves??

The composure and relaxed gait on the face of the "suspect"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606709_cjz0fnjwcaap2b2_jpeg12e832fd90ea0ad57f9c718fe20eacb7

You can see that the face of the man is so relaxed as he is absolutely under no pressure or tension at all. This man has the expression of someone who was just told to pose for a photo just for leisure

The said "suspect" has no name: As i noticed, no name was given to the suspect. At least, we all know that when criminals are apprehended, their names and where they come from is usually the first thing to grace the news.

NDLEA is not an agency that checkmates money laundering: Since when did the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement become saddled with the responsibility to intercept cash instead of narcotics? Secondly, Sahara Reporters did not clearly state what intent the money was being transported by the suspect. Was it the proceeds of a drug sale or evidence from a drug bust?

Finally, no other REPUTABLE Newspaper Online carried the news: I ran a check and found out that the news was not carried by notable online tabloids like Vanguard, The Sun News Online, Punch Online etc but only Sahara and other blogging sites. This shows the authenticity of that story is questionable.

Sahara Reports is known to be serving fake headlines which have been swallowed ignorantly by gullible Nigerians. For them to post this kind of story can be damaging to this man and he could take serious legal action against them.

The story is absolutely false and should be disregarded!

Bros, you forgot to mention the curtain behind the man in the portrait. Shey na for ndlea parlour dem snap am ni? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by holyeye1989(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2015
OMO HEAR GRAMMA ...OO...NDLEA HAS JURISDITION grin grin angry grin grin grin grin....U CORRECT OOOO grin grin grin angry grin grin
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2015
obo389:

vey gud observation and Weldon. d currency looks fake like what they use in shooting musical videos.
those are the new 100 dollar bills
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by mrkings84(m): 7:43am On Jul 09, 2015
The leaves of d dollars are too large even. Abi na Nigerian dollars?
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by holyeye1989(m): 7:44am On Jul 09, 2015
E BI LIKE SAY I DEY EVEN SEE DEPOSIT SLIP..ON TOP THE MONEY NI

2 Likes

Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 09, 2015
Edited pix
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 09, 2015
Hmmm

Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by danowena: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2015
meenagiggs:
You are right it's a bank.
But where do you think agencies deposit the money they seize? In a bank of course. And the suspect has to be there for the money to be counted in their presence, officers of the intercepting agency and bank officials.
The money is deposited in a bank pending the time it is transferred to the appropriate agency i.e. EFCC. A document is signed by the suspect and witnesses to that effect.
This usually happens if the money cannot be transferred on the same day it is intercepted.
And during the transfer, the money is counted again to ensure it's complete.

Makes sense for a counter.
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by no2fuks(m): 7:51am On Jul 09, 2015
nice one op this ppl go just dey dish out stupid stories
Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by erasokafor(m): 7:51am On Jul 09, 2015
Decryptor:

Not at all but i have noticed that most stories posted by Sahara Reporters reeks nothing but falsehood and this is very wrong especially for a very popular media platform like theirs. Imagine what it could do to his reputation and even his safety?

What if the man is into Forex or he was sent by his employers to cash or deposit that money hence his presence in that bank and now this damaging report? It could put him in danger.

45-year old Lawrence Agbe (pictured above) was yesterday July 7th arrested by security officials at the Muritala mohammed international airport ikeja
Lagos while trying to transport fake dollar bills totaling $2.1 million from Lagos to Abuja. 

While speaking on the arrest, the Commissioner of Police for the command, Mr. Fredrick Lakanu, said during interrogation Lawrence said the fake dollar bills were owned by one Steve.
"After further interrogation, the suspect mentioned one Steve residing in Abuja as the owner of the said €1.25m. But Steve is at large.”CP Lakanu said
.So bro he has a name.I think u shld hv read this part too. I'm not saying ur observation is wrong but I'm giving u more facts frm the news to do more research.u may be wrong after all or right but dig deeper,becos he could hv been taken to a bank to use their machine to recount d money. Just do more reasearch n get bak to us

2 Likes

Re: Sahara's NDLEA Interception Of $2.1m In Abuja (demystifying The Facts) by KingsleyA2(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2015
wake up man.......even AIT and Tabloids carried dis news. it is true jor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50 People Arrested With 48 Bags Of Drugs In Lagos(photos) / Who Said Oshole And Money Ritual Is Not Real?? / Adeherself: EFCC Present First Witness As She Pleads Not Guilty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.