Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. (3092 Views)

Lady Shares Photo Of Herself And Sister Kissing In A Car, Sparks Outrage On IG / Photo Of Mother Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day That Got People / Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by babypipsy: 3:28am On Jul 09, 2015
A Nigerian born taxi driver in Canada has had his licence suspended for discriminating against a gay couple kissing in his taxi. Full details of the report is in the Calgary Herald in the link below.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/calgary-cab-driver-suspended-after-gay-man-says-he-was-called-disgusting
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 09, 2015
When you leave your matter and put mouth in another person matter.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by babypipsy: 3:51am On Jul 09, 2015
He just started work 3months ago. He didn't mind his business in another man's country. He could have ignored them. I hope he gets his licence back in good time. Jobs are very scarce these days.
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by emilyone(f): 5:43am On Jul 09, 2015
Hmmm Nigerians with their holier than thou attitude angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 09, 2015
nawa for him..
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by tttmar(f): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
I am very sure that people on top are gay

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Adaezeagu(f): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
But really, it's his taxi na undecided

So even if straight people want to have sex or smooch in your taxi, you should allow them? They should enter their house biko....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
What's fair and just about depriving someone their rights to protect someone else's?
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Richy4(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:

So even if straight people want to have sex or smooch in your taxi, you should allow them? They should enter their house biko....

No. I don't think the taxi was his. All taxi belong to the union or organization. But the drivers are hired/ roasted to work certain hours in a day.
except uber taxi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:

I tire o. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
Richy4:

No. I don't think the taxi was his. All taxi belong to the union or organization. But the drivers are hired/ roasted to work certain hours in a day.
except uber taxi
Isn't he accountable for the taxi? It's his for all I care..

So when you rent a house, you ain't accountable for your flat? Anyone can come and do anything cos it isn't yours? undecided... It's yours but maybe a liability cos you'll pay bk within a given period. ...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Richy4(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Isn't he accountable for the taxi? It's his for all I care..

So when you rent a house, you ain't accountable for your flat? Anyone can come and do anything cos it isn't yours? undecided... It's yours but maybe a liability cos you'll pay bk within a given period. ...

No man it doesn't work like that abroad at least not where i am.

Ok let me make it a bit clearer. Example a celebrity hired a driver to drive his or her car. Does it mean the driver own the car?

No single entity own a taxi abroad.just the way it work in Nigeria is quite different. An organization will buy cars and hired qualified drivers to drive them...

Except as i said earlier, Uber taxi which was privately owned but you have to register with that organization because it is technologically operated.
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by efemenaslectura: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
babypipsy:
He just started work 3months ago. He didn't mind his business in another man's country. He could have ignored them. I hope he gets his licence back in good time. Jobs are very scarce these days.
exactly
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by TV01(m): 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
It's actually not an easy one. The forceful mainstreaming of homosexuality is going to cause all kinds of conflict.

Presumably he drives a vehicle owned/operated by a cab firm. He can't deny them a fare due to their "orientation", but I can appreciate how he would have taken offence when their homosexuality "was in view" and he was now somehow party to it - that's where I personally draw the line.

But he can't ask them to get out, moreso if they haven't violated the cab firms policy. Would he have acted likewise with a normal couple who were perhaps unmarried? Or even married sef??

He may have to decide if it's something his conscience can bear, or simply find other employment. I donlt see how htey'll be able ot make any accomodation for his objection at work. Canada is really heavy-handed on non-compliance with the prevailing homorthodoxy, so he may yet suffer further for his actions. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit.

TV
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by ladygogo: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
It's possible he just immigrated to Canada.
He needs to go study the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. grin

No be to carry face and collect your money at the end of the day? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by cococandy(f): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:

they don't do it that way here. If someone rents your cab, even if they are having sex in the backseat, na to face front they drive.

Na so we see am my sister.
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by dinachi(m): 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
This is a very strong lesson to countries like Nigeria and the rest who have not yet bowed down to the despicable lifestyle. This homosexuals are not just content with being tolerated they want to be very loud about it pushing it into peoples faces and crossing boundaries and woe betide you if you think otherwise.

It is an evil agenda to make this civilization a mockery.
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Oh... lawd!!! what a horrible scenario,

two MEN kissing and squeezing them self silly undecided

in the presence of a STRAIGHT DUDE embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
cococandy:
they don't do it that way here. If someone rents your cab, even if they are having sex in the backseat, na to face front they drive.

Na so we see am my sister.
hmmm, this kind freedom don pass boundary. .

Any act relating to sex should be kept out of the public view because the act could be disgusting to some people. ..

Na them sabi shaa..
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by dinachi(m): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
Tomfrench:
Oh... lawd!!! what a horrible scenario,

two MEN kissing and squeezing them self silly undecided

in the presence of a STRAIGHT DUDE embarassed
It is their way of torturing us for rejecting their evil lifestyle. They throw it in our faces defiantly to increase our disgust.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by jmoore(m): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
Homosexuality = Insanity.

Foolish folks, why bring their foolishness inside the taxi?
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
jmoore:
Homosexuality = Insanity.

Foolish folks, why bring their foolishness inside the taxi?

Been long i saw your teamzipup campaign. tongue
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by jmoore(m): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Been long i saw your teamzipup campaign. tongue
I am still waving the zipup flag . smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
jmoore:
I am still waving the zipup flag . smiley

You are the only guy i take serious not adulterous ones that claim to be polygamous in nature and still hypocritically condemn another sin. smiley
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by jmoore(m): 10:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
VictoriaBee:

You are the only guy i take serious not adulterous ones that claim to be polygamous in nature and still hypocritically condemn another sin. smiley
Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by cococandy(f): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:
hmmm, this kind freedom don pass boundary. .

Any act relating to sex should be kept out of the public view because the act could be disgusting to some people. ..

Na them sabi shaa..

I guess inside a rented taxi does equate to private space.

Inside a transit bus might be something else altogether.
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by cococandy(f): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
dinachi:

It is their way of torturing us for rejecting their evil lifestyle. They throw it in our faces defiantly to increase our disgust.
Some truth here. I agree with you.

They've been rejected too long. their victory is still fresh.
It is not Until nobody pays too much attention to the topic again that they will calm the exhibitionism down.
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by lilmax(m): 11:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
Smh, a place where you dump stupid reasons for being gay and its accepted in the shadow of live and let's live
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by KanwuliaJara: 1:41am On Jul 10, 2015
Only suspend? undecided
He should be FIRED for LIFE!!!! angry
Bush man!!! embarassed
Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 10, 2015
the photos of the victims

Re: Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 10, 2015
some nigerians & displaying their barbarism. The taxi driver didn't watch the news abi? It's legal!!! If u can't stand it then come back home. cus here u fit burn dem alive if u want

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Is The Best Cook / Deleted! / Couple Who Broke Internet With Wakanda-themed Baby Bump Shoot Welcome Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.