Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Jailed For Drinking In Minna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jailed For Drinking In Minna (1330 Views)

Photo Of Army's Fuel Station In Minna / Dieziani Allison-Madueke Visits Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna / 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jailed For Drinking In Minna by Odeku(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2006
Don't Go To Minna

Rtd Army Capt., 2 Others jailed for drinking Liquor. and this are the same people trying to rule Nigeria. How can you jail someone for drinking wehat happen to freedom to associate? this Sharia law is radical and absurd

http://www.nasarawastate.org/newsday/news/nasara06/NewArticle271.html
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by GNature(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2006
Odeku:

this Sharia law is radical and absurd

@odeku

Please don't say that. The people from the North (the majority anyway) don't have a problem with Sharia, it is its implementation that is very worrisome. You have to try and be sensitive in your wordings when trying to make
your point, please.
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:43am On Sep 24, 2006
<Many people in the north (if you include the middle-belt), do oppose Sharia law>
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by dolliepie(f): 2:04am On Sep 24, 2006
im so sorry but i wonder if u do anyother thing part frm seaching for nigeria news on d internet,ure just like orinkinla hes on d computer 24\7, posts bout 10 topics a day(interesting topics tho) dont u guys ever get tired?
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by Seun(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2006
dolly-pie: If you do not have what it takes to conribute meaningfully to the topic, then please don't bother posting.
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by mamaput(f): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2006
The police then took them to a magistrate court

I read the link and this is what caught my eye.
They were taken to a Magistrate court and not a Sharia court.
When in Rome do as the romans weather Rome is good or bad. If not do not go there.
Some people think they are above the law and do what they want with this "do you know who i am attitude
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by iice(f): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2006
mamaput:

I read the link and this is what caught my eye.
They were taken to a Magistrate court and not a Sharia court.
When in Rome do as the romans weather Rome is good or bad. If not do not go there.
Some people think they are above the law and do what they want with this "do you know who i am attitude

Took the words out of my mouth. We all know the Sharia law is present in the North, while drinking did the person temporarily forget about that?
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by mamaput(f): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2006
dollie-pie:

im so sorry but i wonder if u do anyother thing part frm seaching for nigeria news on d internet,ure just like orinkinla hes on d computer 24\7, posts bout 10 topics a day(interesting topics tho) don't u guys ever get tired?

We are in the Politics section here and there is something here for everyone. I am here to have fun and gossip ,thats why you hardly find me here.
But some people are here to keep up to date with what is going on.
I am very happy that some people go to the news Jungle and bring some good info here to us.
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by Seun(m): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2006
This person was not jailed for drinking. He was jailed for being caught! cheesy
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by BlackMamba(m): 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2006
According to the magistrate, they were convicted for drinking alcohol in public. I hope it's legal to drink as much as you want in the privacy of your home and private functions.
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2006
Seun:

This person was not jailed for drinking. He was jailed for being caught! cheesy

Yes Seun, you raise an interesting point. One can be intoxicated, but it is the actual action that will get him in trouble !
If they had not been caught they could have gotten away scotch free
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by mamaput(f): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2006
Like everyother person gets away with it.
Maybe it was a set up
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2006
Maybe, but i know that in Sharia law one can be basterdly intoxicated
But it is the action that will get him in trouble. Not the being actually drunk part
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by iice(f): 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2006
Yes he must have temporarily forgot while drinking to be on the look out or maybe hin dey public place
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2006
alcohol is known to make you forget things , and remember other things (ususally emotional things)
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by iice(f): 6:35am On Sep 25, 2006
Oya he forgot to plan before drinking (sorry slow brain here tongue)
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by EmemJU(f): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2006
Where did he do the drinking? I know in Minna and other places in the north where sharia is practiced, drinking is done in the barracks.
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by Odeku(m): 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2006
But wont it be wise if you want to enforce the law Ban alcohol in the state. why take a kid a candy and tell them you cant drink? so I guess not freedom of speech and association in Niger?
Re: Jailed For Drinking In Minna by ishmael(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2006
So people can no longer drink beer in minna again?? Na wa for muslims and this their sharia oo. How am i sure they dont tell them the type of food to be eating in minna sef?? But in kaduna you can drink and die sef no body cares; after all they have 2 giant breweries there. But why minna??

(1) (Reply)

I Wanna Contest As Councilor But: / Talk Of Priorities:Dress Code Bill Is Being Deliberated By The National Assembly / 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.