Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events (39988 Views)

Photos Of Buhari With APC And PDP Governors And Aisha Buhari In London / Wike Mocks 5 APC Governors And Amaechi At Campaign / Excess Crude Account Now $2.26bn – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by joseph1832(m): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2015
Mogidi:

You accuse the fed govt of settling out of court with the governors, then I asked you why shouldn't the fed govt settle with the governors.
The money was being kept as an insurance against raining days, if the governors went as far as going to court to challenge the decision, why shouldn't the fed govt settle? Would Buhari do otherwise?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/110715-governors-demand-release-of-one-billion-dollars-from-excess-crude-account.html
Why should they settle out of court in the first-place? The money being kept is meant for 'a' rainy day, the governors saying they should share the money and the FG obliging without so much as a fight shows there is something amiss here.

If you ask me, I will say its all the basic PDP mantra of "share the money". The ground that the ECA was meant for 'a' rainy day would have suffice in court should the FG held their ground.

I'll like to see these present crop of governors demand to share the ECA now that we have a PMB as president. grin let's see if it will be business as usual.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 09, 2015
MabraO:

So u mean to tell me Nigeria only generated $4billion in 3years even wen d price of crude was sold for over $150 per barrel

Make una surfree dey lie Abeg
As at August 2010 the ECA was meagre N450 million (N70billion). Where do you think the N6.21 trillion shared between 2011 and 2014 came from? Where do yu think the $2billion used for subsidy and balance $2billion come from? How can you say GEJ didn't generate then? Na common sense thing... How much did Yar'adua remain $6.5 billion which is just slightly above N1trillion. Common sense should tell you that all the N6.21trillion was generated by GEJ in addition to the $2billion leftover and $2billion used for subsidy.

Perhaps the N6.21trillion that was shared was generated by Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by anonimi: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2015

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Mogidi: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Why should they settle out of court in the first-place? The money being kept is meant for 'a' rainy day, the governors saying they should share the money and the FG obliging without so much as a fight shows there is something amiss here.

If you ask me, I will say its all the basic PDP mantra of "share the money". The ground that the ECA was meant for 'a' rainy day would have suffice in court should the FG held their ground.

I'll like to see these present crop of governors demand to share the ECA now that we have a PMB as president. grin let's see if it will be business as usual.

PMB would do the same, he's already started sharing money instead of asking the governors what they did with their allocation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by anonimi: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:
As at August 2010 the ECA was meagre N450 million (N70billion). Where do you think the N6.21 trillion shared between 2011 and 2014 came from? Where do yu think the $2billion used for subsidy and balance $2billion come from? How can you say GEJ didn't generate then? Na common sense thing... How much did Yar'adua remain $6.5 billion which is just slightly above N1trillion. Common sense should tell you that all the N6.21trillion was generated by GEJ in addition to the $2billion leftover and $2billion used for subsidy.

To buttress the share, share, share jamboree that went on with the 36 state governors.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2578022_iweala_jpeg0858fd35c7757170d8155dae6623e1c2

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by joseph1832(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Their cup of mandarin tea then.
I could care less whether they read or not.
They should stop taking Nigerians for a ride and get down to the real business of governance.

Hmm. I hope you no miss road?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2015
buhari should stop these oil marketers payment thing...its swallowing money like the whale swallowed Jonah...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by joseph1832(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2015
Mogidi:

PMB would do the same, he's already started sharing money instead of asking the governors what they did with their allocation.
Oh kay give me details as to the money shared between PMB(FG) and the state governors. And please don't mention the ECA fund disburse by the FG to help the state governors pay salaries because that act done by PMB is really saving for 'a rainy day'.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by anonimi: 9:34am On Jul 09, 2015
Mogidi:
Can you provide any link to their objection pre MAY29th?

I hope that PassingShot will not tarry before providing the link.
Abi we go wait till the fullness of time ni? grin grin

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by anonimi: 9:35am On Jul 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh kay give me details as to the money shared between PMB(FG) and the state governors. And please don't mention the ECA fund disburse by the FG to help the state governors pay salaries because that act done by PMB is really saving for 'a rainy day'.

Are you not confusing yourself with the above

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 09, 2015
anonimi:

To buttress the share, share, share jamboree that went on with the 36 state governors.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2578022_iweala_jpeg0858fd35c7757170d8155dae6623e1c2
Make everybody ask their Governors wetin dem do with their own share of ECA.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Mogidi: 9:39am On Jul 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh kay give me details as to the money shared between PMB(FG) and the state governors. [size=13pt]And please don't mention the ECA fund disburse by the FG to help the state governors pay salaries because that act done by PMB is really saving for 'a rainy day'.[/size]

Your hypocrisy didn't go unnoticed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by MizMyColi(f): 9:39am On Jul 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Hmm. I hope you no miss road?

No, I'm on a thread created by Barcanista.
Why are you concerned?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:

Your analyses are nice, but are filled with half-truths; the salient points raised therein were tainted by your intent to hide the monumental corrupt practices perpetrated by the last administration. You appear as an intellectual, but your allegiance to PDP tends to make you biased.

As far as I'm concerned, APC and PDP have many negative traits in common: they lack political ideology, and their politicians -most of them- care not about the Nigerian populace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 09, 2015
There was a time when the ECA was built up to 9 billion dollars by the Gej govt, around 2013. You didn't capture it in your article

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Why are you concerned?
Mycoli how you de? That one own na to de move from thread to thread de misyarn angry

The day I go see Joseph1832 I go buy 3 bottles of beer for am. After him finish the beer, I go come break the bottles for him head grin. When I'm done, I go carry am go hospital for Daura for treatment and apologise thereafter. grin grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by 99100(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2015
Mogidi:

"Better reputation" shouldn't be used in the same sentence when referring to Oshiomhole.
NOI is a world renowned economist of world bank fame.
Her services are sought for worldwide, Oshiomhole on the other hand is a glorified NURTW activist turned governor.

Pls educate d mugu.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by anonimi: 9:46am On Jul 09, 2015
gensteejay:

Your analyses are nice, but are filled with half-truths; the salient points raised therein were tainted by your intent to hide the monumental corrupt practices perpetrated by the last administration.

What do you mean by monumental given the following factual evaluation of our corruption improvement over time

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2486128_gejourhero_jpeg1f6adb3de4b2a14e2917369752b3e176

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Jesusloveyou: 9:48am On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:
Which law was broken? Oga NO law was broken and it appears like you have comprehension issues. There was nothing like "illegal" withdrawal, I challenge you to state the relevant laws that was broken. Did all that happen in one day? Were the Governors smoking weed when about a billion was withdrawn in November and another in December? Were they in Limbo when it was announced in January? Payment of subsidy claims isn't a secret deal...The Ministry of Finance, Petroleum and CBN have the documents. Buhari should ask the Permament Secretaries and CBN Gov. If your Governors are unsatisfied they should Go To Court
by d time NOI wil be throw into jail for stealing for gej, u wil be d one to be crying of witch hunting, beside op must be on weed when u were typing this trash. Clap for urself for this rubbish write-up with d aid of google. Firstly, from $6.5b to when saraki share d last $3b, so in 2011 how did d acc increase to $4b,and depleted again,by transfering d last $1b into swf acc, and in nov 2014 another $4b resurrected, share $2b in that nov, another $2b in dec according to you, in jan 2015 ECA was use to fund subsidy with d remaining bal of $2b,how did u arrive at $8b within 3months,because in nov $2b,dec $2b was share,jan 2015, another $2b for subsidy and as of today bal $2.1b that is total of $8b within 3months. so either u are contradicting google or google is contradicting you. My main concern is not in ur contradiction, but d point is that d acc bal was $10b according to osho, and with d increase in oil price according to osho, d ECA should be $30b in that acc, and osho also mention $20b in swf, no need to go into that of swf acc now.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by adadadon(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:
It won't be bad to brush your comprehension and understanding skills. I said the FAAC was pre-informed that the Government is to withdraw $2b in early Nov. The FAAC was also informed in Early december when about $1billion was withdrawn and again informed in early January after another $1billion was withdrawn. Did anyone tell you that the FAAC "approved"?. Nobody needed their "approval".
You lack respect or courtesy cant you make a statement without being abusive or unruly. It would do your behaviour some good. understandably you want to make a point but no need to go uncouth about that....
because the FAAC was notified does it make IT LEGAL
And no red herrings like most of your arguments opinionate

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Mogidi: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2015
There are "two guest" on this thread.
@Femi and @Garba, bros good morning and welcome to barcanista thread, try and log in and please indicate your Nairaland monikers so we accord you your respect.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Mogidi: 9:56am On Jul 09, 2015
[s]
Jesusloveyou:
by d time NOI wil be throw into jail for stealing for gej, u wil be d one to be crying of witch hunting, beside op must be on weed when u were typing this trash. Clap for urself for this rubbish write-up with d aid of google. Firstly, from $6.5b to when saraki share d last $3b, so in 2011 how did d acc increase to $4b,and depleted again,by transfering d last $1b into swf acc, and in nov 2014 another $4b resurrected, share $2b in that nov, another $2b in dec according to you, in jan 2015 ECA was use to fund subsidy with d remaining bal of $2b,how did u arrive at $8b within 3months,because in nov $2b,dec $2b was share,jan 2015, another $2b for subsidy and as of today bal $2.1b that is total of $8b within 3months. so either u are contradicting google or google is contradicting you. My main concern is not in ur contradiction, but d point is that d acc bal was $10b according to osho, and with d increase in oil price according to osho, d ECA should be $30b in that acc, and osho also mention $20b in swf, no need to go into that of swf acc now.
[/s]

Get someone to translate your meaningless rant to understandable English.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2015
adadadon:

How does this change the fact that Okonjo Iweala did not follow due process/Formal procedure or receive authorization while withdrawing the money to pay for subsidy ??
[b]Finance commissioners from the 36 states of the federation have denied granting approval for the withdrawal of $2 billion from the Excess Crude Account (ECA) as alleged the former minister of finance and coordinating minister of the economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
Okonjo-Iweala had last week said that the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) approved the withdrawal of $2 billion from the ECA.
However, the Forum of Commissioners of Finance, a body comprising finance commissioners from the 36 states who are members of the FAAC, in a statement yesterday, said it was unaware of such approval, adding that the FAAC does not have powers to grant such approval.

“We wish to state unequivocally that the FAAC does not have the authority to approve withdrawals from the ECA and therefore could not have approved the withdrawal of the sum of $2 billion from the Excess Crude (Foreign) Account. According to the law setting up the FAAC, which pre-dates the ECA, it cannot approve withdrawal and has not done so in the past. If anything the FAAC, as records of it meetings indicate, had often queried the activities on the ECA, and therefore did not decide any withdrawal,” the statement reads in part.

The commissioners stated that “indeed, the FAAC noted and observed accordingly the withdrawal from the ECA of a total sum of $2 billion in December.
“The then minister of finance and chairman of the FAAC when asked during the plenary of the FAAC meetings of the respective months explained that the former president gave approval for the withdrawals from the ECA to pay oil marketers subsidy claims as they had threaten to stop importing petroleum products. [size=32pt]According to her, he further explained that this action will be ratified by NECe]”b]
http://www.punchng.com/news/eca-faac-faults-okonjo-iweala-denies-approving-2bn-withdrawal/

1)You're too childish for running down write ups by others...what stops you from making your point without such stuupid act...grow up boy...

2)Kindly state the due process here taking cognizance of the constitutional powers of NEC...and how any law was breached here...

3)Kindly show too if FAAC had the constitutional right to sanction withdrawals from ECA...and to what extent such law was broken by Jonathan/NOI...

4)From which source is subsidy funds gotten?...Was NEC informed about the withdrawal from ECA pre-buhari term?...what was the stance then?...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2015
anonimi:

What do you mean by monumental given the following factual evaluation of our corruption improvement over time

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2486128_gejourhero_jpeg1f6adb3de4b2a14e2917369752b3e176
I beg to disagree. During the Jonathan's dispensation, the agencies - EFCC and ICPC- charged to curtail corrupt practices in the nation, were reduced to toothless bulldogs; most charges, bordering on misappropriation of funds, against some politicians didn't see the light of the day. I don't know the criteria that were used to do that ranking, but I don't believe in its candor.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by joseph1832(m): 10:01am On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:
Mycoli how you de? That one own na to de move from thread to thread de misyarn angry

The day I go see Joseph.1832 I go buy 3 bottles of beer for am. After him finish the beer, I go come break the bottles for him head grin. When I'm done, I go carry am go hospital for Daura for treatment and apologise thereafter. grin grin
Misyan? Bros abeg provide the case file number to those cases abeg no dey deviate, I no no when you turn deviant, tongue.

Beside, na you won break bottle for my head? Guy fear no let you oh. cheesygrintongue

MizMyColi:

Why are you concerned?
I'm not concern I just want to call your attention to the fact that barcanista threads are usually in politics section, not romance. tongue

Mogidi:

Your hypocrisy didn't go unnoticed.
And your lying tenets is well received!.

anonimi:

Are you not confusing yourself with the above
Nope am not. I just want to know the rainy day that prompted the FG to share the ECA during the era of Yar'Adua and GEJ. Is that too much to ask?.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by ShineuEye: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2015
Mogidi:
@barcanista
I think your threads should be moved to pay per view, Seun would make a killing. grin grin grin

grin grin grin
good idea to stop kids from viewing and comenting on barcanuista thread.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
There was a time when the ECA was built up to 9 billion dollars by the Gej govt, around 2013. You didn't capture it in your article
Thanks my oga. I just did that. Long time

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:07am On Jul 09, 2015
keyzid:
I dey laugh in Swahili. Nigeria Governors don't know more than "Share it, share this, share that, share them" wetin sef" This was the share saga they were heating up till it was approved only to come back to accuse the past gov't of leaving an empty treasury! I hope they don't end up sharing the whole nation wealth. Selfish selfless mindless I.diots with no tangible and futile agenda to offer to the nation. Pres. Buhari, I hope you have seen sha you are into now. Share it ooo and share it all, all your propaganda act before you were elected are already coming down to hunt for you.
1. 5000naira/ month for Jobless youths
2. Free Lunch meal for primary schools.
3. $1=#1
4. Regulation of oil price.
5. Public declaration of asset.
6. Corruption fighting
7. End of BokoHaram terror reign with in 2months..... The list is just too endless.....
You made every Nigerian believe the past ADM doesn't even exist at all... Politicized the nation's development out of self gains...
I tell you, if PDP is a corrupt party, APC is no better... Rather, they are worst. Coz who you should fair the most is the green serpent under green grass. It's about time their real self started unveiling....

~IG@KHAYZEED.

Part of those who enjoyed the oil windfall was Rochas of Imo state...what has he to show for such?...Absolutely NOTHING... and to imagine that amidst such wealth, he led his state to bankruptcy and were subsequently declared insolvent by CBN...and with loads of salary arrears... and you see him too shamelessly saying empty treasury and bailout...and people like abagworo, beremx etc cheer him on while the state is dying or even dead....He even threw to dustbin court injunction in favour of LGA chairmen and went to cause confusion by forming what he called fourth tier government...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 09, 2015
Oga are y you Okay? You no hear say the EcA rose to $9billion as at December 2012? How you think say money de take enta ECA? Pls no de ask mumu question jare www.cp-africa.com/2012/12/03/nigerias-excess-crude-account-eca-more-than-doubles-in-one-year-as-it-rises-to-about-9-billion/

Mogidi abeg help me explain to this our brother.
Jesusloveyou:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2015
Truth234:
The analysis you did just show the level of misappropriation of past administration but before I get to that I have these questions how was Obasanjo administration able to saved $20 billion in ECA and yet all Yar'adua led Jonathan administration was doing is depletion of the ECA without replenishing?

Your analysis emphasized how the $6.5 billion ECA left by Yar'adua administration was shared you didn't mention how much was generated in revenue during GEJ administration, all you did was analysis how they shared what was left of Yar'adua administration. You said you will be objective and critical of the situation, please I will like to know why was GEJ administration sharing what was left of our ECA when oil price peaked above $100 for the first time?

Why not do your own analysis in a new thread if you think his is defective...

Why doing same take cognizance of increased minimum wage from 7500 to 18000....and note expenditures thanks to war against insurgency...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by anonimi: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Nope am not. I just want to know the rainy day that prompted the FG to share the ECA during the era of Yar'Adua and GEJ. Is that too much to ask?.

See response below.

Sincere9gerian:

Hereunder before the 36 states GANGED up and exercised their constitutional rights as JOINT owners of the Federation Account to decide how it should be SHARED:

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Mogidi: 10:14am On Jul 09, 2015
gensteejay:

I beg to disagree. During the Jonathan's dispensation, the agencies - EFCC and ICPC- charged to curtail corrupt practices in the nation, were reduced to toothless bulldogs; most charges, bordering on misappropriation of funds, against some politicians didn't see the light of the day. I don't know the criteria that were used to do that ranking, but I don't believe in its candor.

Are corrupt people not going scot free lately, the likes of FFK and Timipre comes to mind.

You forgot the inherent problems in our judiciary, FFK and Timpre walked free under this administration. Is Buhari going to jail people with decrees or is he going to use our present jurisprudence?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Group Donates Campaign Vehicles To Obi's Presidential Campaign (Pictures) / Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To Onochie's Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Mahmood Yakubu Speaking On No Election Postponement Vs The Postponement (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.