Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events (40005 Views)

Photos Of Buhari With APC And PDP Governors And Aisha Buhari In London / Wike Mocks 5 APC Governors And Amaechi At Campaign / Excess Crude Account Now $2.26bn – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by dustydee: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:
Please how much was the total amount accruable to the ECA during GEJs tenure?
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by nduchucks: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2015
DeGenius3:

please did you really understand what the OP wrote?

seriously, i think you need to really comprehend what he
wrote up there.

just saying though.

Oga, I don't need to read or comprehend the thrash which attempts to defend blatant fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 09, 2015
kaycid77:

The real FOO.L here is you, you have refused to decipher all he has explained.... if NASS agree with FG that the subsidy Bugdet be 300 billion, and by omission and commission it increase to 500 billion as the case has always been where do you think the executive will get the money to balance then extra...ECA of course nama
My brother abeg help me tell them o.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by PassingShot(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2015
[s]
Whynotthetruth:

[b]Whenever I see a lost soul, I remember that you're among...and have refused sheepishly to look the side of reason...That you come from a lineage of corrupt people doesn't mean that you call and see others as corrupt too...

$2billion was withdrawn for national emergency... Was any law broken?...Kindly state it here...so how is it fraud?...or is subsidy payment now fraud?...then that means in mere 30days according to Punch newspapers, buhari has looted over 56billionundecided

Constitutionally, NEC is for economic planning not money sharing as you sheepishly say here...While FAAC is for revenue sharing from federation account...ECA is not known to any law in Nigeria...

Were these co-owners duly informed of withdrawals for such national emergencies? YES...did they protest?...No...why the sudden alarm?...to still keep such half smart pathetic souls like you in their pocket...

How come Jonathan was able to pay workers 1800 while Obj and co paid less(7500)...Was the money from where?...In prosecuting the war against your Muslim colleagues, wasn't it money that was going?...If Jonathan wanted to loot like your local leaders, would he has funded SWF?...Even ECA too?...Buhari government would be the person enjoying the dividends of SWF by 2017 while the initiator is receiving insult from his cows like you[/b]...
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 09, 2015
StOla:

The same OBJ regime paid off a $12B debt after getting a n $18B debt waiver, and still saved more in the bank.
The economic achievements of OBJ is yet to be rivalled, despite a higher government income.

NO, paris club helped pay(forgive) the dept Nigeria, only pay 2 billion USD was paid by OBJ, and immediate OBJ also borrow $3 billion from the same club...SMH
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by hush15: 11:50am On Jul 09, 2015
socialmediaman:
Mr Barcanista, keep looking for gullible people to deceive, okay? Thank you.

The Table below shows the average oil price average sale in Nigeria since 1999 when Obasanjo became president, till 2014 with Jonathan as President.

Obasanjo's government even with a peak oil sale of about $72 per barrel was able to save $20 billion dollars in the ECA with about $43 billion in the Foreign Reserve. This external reserve peaked to an all time high of $62 billion in 2008 during Yaradua's government, but fall to an all time low of $29 billion in March this year during Jonathan's government.

So tell me, with an average inflation rate of about 12% from 1999 till date, what did Jonathan's government achieve with the highest average oil sale recorded in Nigeria since 1999? Jonathan could not save a dime, he even further depleted Nigeria's Foreign Reserve. He also earned himself the noble dishonourable title of "King of Nigeria's Corruption Empire" for wasting Nigeria's income generation through multiple leakages at the NNPC, FIRS etc.

Nigeria's average Crude oil sales since 1999:

Obasanjo
1999 $23.42
2000 $37.54
2001 $30.68
2002 $29.92
2003 $35.55
2004 $47.04
2005 $60.44
2006 $68.27
2007 $72.98

Yaradua
2008 $100.00
2009 $58.75

Jonathan
2010 $77.10
2011 $91.37
2012 $88.93
2013 $92.40
2014 $85.34

Sources:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/inflation-cpi

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Historical_Oil_Prices_Table.asp

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/excess-crude-account-and-the-controversy-lingers/

This figures reflect actual sales, not benchmark. The difference between sales and benchmark gives what you call excess crude sales.

what actually happens is that budget is built around expected or what we call projected sales which in turns is what is used to derive the benchmark price.

It is possible that Obasanjo saved more cos his bench is somehow much lower than the actual sales. The excess is saved in the ECA account since it is not touch as the benchmark sales already covered the budget with a little extra already. We all know that the cost of governance has increased in the last 10 years plus

For Jonathan, the margin between the benchmark price and the actual price may not be much depending on the budget proposed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by glogirl(f): 11:50am On Jul 09, 2015
Barcanista,
You make it sound like the governors got the entire funds. The sharing formula of 53% to FG, 26% to the 36 states and 21% to all local goverments still applies to all funds withdrawn from the ECA.
It does appear that the federal government will gladly acceed to share the money IMHO.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 09, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)Some of you are just so dumb that you're sometimes better off ignored...

2)Your screen grabbing of barca chats and storing same shows how much of meaning your life has...and what a significant role barcanista plays in your life...

3)Is subsidy payment one off thing

4)Which of the Obas accepted he was given money?...Don't you know that by implication you're saying that your Obas has no moral stance as they can be bought over hence their subjects can't be better too...

5)Common sense is still a tall dream with folks like you...

You are nothing but an empty shell of pumpkin.

Barcanista is a serial traitor & betrayer who has no moral justification to defend anybody whatsoever, let alone; Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - with her panel-beated & puff-puff face.

The question is; did Jonathan bribe each of the Obas with $250,000 or not?

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-rains-dollars-on-south-west-obas/

If yes; then explain the source of the money rather than ranting like a tortured & sodomized bastard.

If your father had a common sense; he would have atleast applied the withdrawal method while pounding on your mother's ruptured & overflogged c.unt, even if he couldn't afford a pack of condom to avoid giving birth to a nonentity like you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2015
PassingShot:

What did FG do with her own share of the money during the crude windfall (peaked at $130)? Is it not disheartening that FG had to borrow to pay salaries in March and April?

You remember that Oil price peaked under Jonathan and NEVER remember minimum wage peaked too under him by over 150% increase...and he had to confront your terrorist Muslim brothersundecided...
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by PassingShot(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2015
[s]
Whynotthetruth:

You remember that Oil price peaked under Jonathan and NEVER remember minimum wage peaked too under him by over 150% increase...and he had to confront your terrorist Muslim brothersundecided...
[/s]
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2015
dustydee:

Please how much was the total amount accruable to the ECA during GEJs tenure?
We will have to do plus and minus to get that. If the FG and states shared N6.21trn, and the FG still spend $2bilion and left $2billion in savings, that should tell how much was saved by GEJ's government between 2011 and 2014 (until the drop in oil price).

Remember as at August 2010 the ECA was meagre $450m
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by StOla: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2015
kaycid77:

NO, paris club helped pay(forgive) the dept Nigeria, only pay 2 billion USD was paid by OBJ, and immediate OBJ also borrow $3 billion from the same club...SMH

No!

They pardoned $18B and Nigeria paid $12B lump sum.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2015
PassingShot:

@ emboldened, the FG opted to settle out of court so that they could continue to operate the illegal accounts as a means to continue their looting of the money there. It's simple and straight-forward. Had they not settled out of court, the accounts would have been ordered closed and all monies shared once and for all. That way, no future money will be kept there and that means no future money to steal.

Since buhari didn't scrap the unconstitutional account(ECA & SWF); it all means from your logic that he's planning too to steal, loot and siphon funds from it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by dammytosh: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2015
Zoharariel:
Barcanista; I know u're suffering from chronic attention seeking personality disorder.

Y then did the petroleum marketers hold the entire Country to ransom over their unpaid subsidy claims?

Give us the breakdown analysis of where & how Jonathan got the $250,000 given to each of the Obas during the pre presidential election.

I am aware of that conversation .

That is the reason i don't give any credence to the TOWN CRIER . HIS LONG POST and HIS GULLIBLE SUPPORTERS who knows nothing about his antecedence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:
Thanks my oga. I just did that. Long time
My dear, I dey o. I just dey watch as the so called govt of "change" don transform to govt of confusion.
Meanwhile, we're enjoying your handwork. Well done!
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Who has left out governors out of this? The issue at hand now is that of FG. That of governors continue to receive attention as well and it is more up to each state's successor to probe his predecessor.

GEJ, NOI, Madueke and their cohorts are criminals. Pure and simple!

Show me any evidence where you have opened a thread to criticize Ajumobi or Tinubu?...pathetic liar like you

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
glogirl:
Barcanista,
You make it sound like the governors got the entire funds. The sharing formula of 53% to FG, 26% to the 36 states and 21% to all local goverments still applies to all funds withdrawn from the ECA.
It does appear that the federal government will gladly acceed to share the money IMHO.
Who went to court repeatedly? Governors!
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by AZeD1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:
Oga read the article again (and again) you will understand. Which law did GEJ and NOI breach? Can you point out the law? Did the GEJ and NOI use the money to buy "akara" or they used it for subsidy on behalf of Nigerians? Anyway, which law was breached?
The current revenue formula has the federal government getting over 52 per cent of all revenue; the 36 states get over 21 per cent, while the 774 local governments get the remaining.

It did not say pay subsidy. GEJ and NOI had no right to decide what each state and local government would do with their share.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by PassingShot(m): 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
[s]
Whynotthetruth:

Show me any evidence where you have opened a thread to criticize Ajumobi or Tinubu?...pathetic liar like you
[/s]
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by sammhi(m): 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
Zoharariel:
Barcanista; I know u're suffering from chronic attention seeking personality disorder.

Y then did the petroleum marketers hold the entire Country to ransom over their unpaid subsidy claims?

Give us the breakdown analysis of where & how Jonathan got the $250,000 given to each of the Obas during the pre presidential election.
can you provide proof that GEJ gave the obas $250,00 or you are just quoting these 'beer parlour gist'. give your proof of the money ? to include names of the obas...
Barcanista has given you explanations with proof..one fool was asking how did the ECA went from 20 to 6.5..he just told you with proof that the govs hoodwink Yardua to spilt the 15bn $.....
maybe you are politician...if not I pity you..politicians are thieves and liars. Don't just follow what they tell you.....investigate and know why they are saying what they say..most times for selfish gains
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by idu1(m): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Mogidi:

The article is for "discerning minds"
smh..

I hope you ll follow iweala to defend herself when is facing prosecuting panels?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by dustydee: 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:
We will have to do plus and minus to get that. If the FG and states shared N6.21trn, and the FG still spend $2bilion and left $2billion in savings, that should tell how much was saved by GEJ's government between 2011 and 2014 (until the drop in oil price).

That's roughly $42B at the rate of N160 to the $. shocked
This is besides the actual revenue accruable to the government from oil and other sources. I personally can't point to anything tangible done by the state and Federal governments with all the money.

Also, you keep referring to $450m left by Yaradua as if President Jonathan was not part of that government. You asked what Oshiomole and other governors said or did to prevent withdrawals from the ECA, now I ask, what did GEJ do to prevent withdrawals form the ECA as the then VP? He was the head of the National Economic council so he was very influential.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by PassingShot(m): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
[s]
Whynotthetruth:

Since buhari didn't scrap the unconstitutional account(ECA & SWF); it all means from your logic that he's planning too to steal, loot and siphon funds from it...
[/s]
You must have been sleeping all this while not to know that the president has directed all remittances to be sent to a single FG's account.

When you make small sense, I will oblige you. When you don't, you know the treatment you will get.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by sammhi(m): 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
the truth is ECA is an illegal account..the FG KNOWS HENCE THEY USUSALLY OPT OUT OF COURT...so they can share some and keep some ...
ECA is not in the constitution ...it was created buy OBJ for the purpose of cajoling Nigerians to give him third term...he had plans not to use the money for Nigerians but for his own selfish gain..if not , why would any sane ruler keep 20bn $ in an illegal account and yet we lack some of the most basic infrastructure... people are dying of hunger etc
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
sammhi:

can you provide proof that GEJ gave the obas $250,00 or you are just quoting these 'beer parlour gist'. give your proof of the money ? to include names of the obas...
Barcanista has given you explanations with proof..one fool was asking how did the ECA went from 20 to 6.5..he just told you with proof that the govs hoodwink Yardua to spilt the 15bn $.....
maybe you are politician...if not I pity you..politicians are thieves and liars. Don't just follow what they tell you.....investigate and know why they are saying what they say..most times for selfish gains

Town Crier, open & digest the link below & shut the f.uck up!

Stop portraying Jonathan as a saint - Asshole!

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-rains-dollars-on-south-west-obas/
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by socialmediaman: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
hush15:

This figures reflect actual sales, not benchmark. The difference between sales and benchmark gives what you call excess crude sales.

what actually happens is that budget is built around expected or what we call projected sales which in turns is what is used to derive the benchmark price.

It is possible that Obasanjo saved more cos his bench is somehow much lower than the actual sales. The excess is saved in the ECA account since it is not touch as the benchmark sales already covered the budget with a little extra already. We all know that the cost of governance has increased in the last 10 years plus

For Jonathan, the margin between the benchmark price and the actual price may not be much depending on the budget proposed.

Nigeria earned a huge $61.7 billion (about N12.3 trillion) in four years as excess crude oil money, the finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said Saturday. According to the minister, Nigeria earned about $18.14 billion in 2011; $18.16 billion in 2012; $15.19 billion in 2013; $8.01 billion in 2014, and $2.17 billion in 2015.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/183667-nigeria-earned-n12-3-trillion-as-excess-crude-oil-money-in-4-years-okonjo-iweala.html

This did not take into account the severe leakages existing in our corrupt administration system which, in my prediction, and from sources, is almost equal to the realized revenue
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Jesusloveyou: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
kaycid77:

But you forgot that there was no railway system working , now good roads, no new industries, no power generation, no agricultural development, more youth unemployment, no new universities etc...the only thing boast of is GSM that even the operators pay to have licence
where is d industry ur hero created,where is d power he generate, ur hero met 4800mw and left us with less than 2,000mw. No need to reply ur trash, u are clueless like gej.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by obailala(m): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
kaycid77:

But you forgot that there was no railway system working , now good roads, no new industries, no power generation, no agricultural development, more youth unemployment, no new universities etc...the only thing boast of is GSM that even the operators pay to have licence
Oh my God!.. not again!.... Did you say Railway system?... refurbished 1960 trains is what you call a working rail system?.. How does refurbishing 1960 rail tracks account for the monumental drop in foreign reserves and other funds when the country experienced massive oil boom?

Good roads where?... Benin Ore road?... Where were you before 1999 before Obj came to power?... Are you aware that that same road was fixed all the way from Warri up to Okada (after Benin) before Obj handed over?... Are you aware that OBj even built the 'brand new' Benin by-pass which helps travellers to totally avoid the massive traffic they experience inside benin city?... Jonathan fixed a stretch of the road on the approach to Ore and this was commissioned as a massive achievement, meanwhile it was someone else who built the entire road in the past.

Or is it the Abuja roads or the east-west road?.. kindly mention the road that was started or completed by GEJ in the entire nation for him to claim that he gave Nigerians good roads?... Propaganda is such a terrible brainwasher and a destroyer of minds. It still surprises me that the juju placed on Nigerians in terms of believing GEJ did plenty roads has still not cleared up till now from the eyes of some people. angry

No new industries?... Are you aware of the massive employment created by the telecommunications and the banking industry under OBJ?... Are you aware that OBJ single handedly gave Nigeria a middle class?.... If only OBJ decided to deceive himself and advertise his achievements with half the kind of media and publicity GEJ employed, we would have still had billboards of his endless achievements still mounted on Mars.

As for Power generation, can you mention how many megawatts of electricity GEJ added to Nigeria in his entire 5 years?.... And also, can you please name a single power plant which was started by GEJ?... Are you aware that even up till 2015, all the power plants commissioned by GEJ are actually projects started by OBJ and progressed to an advanced stage before they were abandoned by their contractors who looted the remaining monies?... Are you aware that those projects were funded by the same $16billion dollars we accuse OBJ of squandering?... Now this may be a big one, are you aware that GEJ spent more than the $16billion which OBj spent for power, but this was even after the power plants were all privatised but still yet, we could not still get up to an additional 1000mw in his entire tenure... and this my friend is what you want to compare to OBJ?... How can people so easily allow themselves to be deceived by these senseless lies?... Tell me please, what did GEJ do for power generation? angry angry angry

You say GEJ built 12 new universities but are you aware it was mainly more of 'upgrades' and not necessarily new institutions?... They convert polytechnics, college of educations etc to universities, all that was done was a change of name and I am still yet to understand how that accounts for the several billions of dollars lost from our foreign reserves at a period of unprecedented economic boom when we should have had increases in our reserves.

I just still cannot fathom how any one at all can still think that GEJ was a good or a better president than OBJ even with all the shortcomings which are very obvious. In terms of handling the economy and increasing GDP, OBJ beat GEJ (remember it is the telecommunications industry of OBJ that led to Nigeria overtaking SA in terms of GDP). In terms of job creation, OBJ beat GEJ totally. In terms of adding to our power generation, OBJ beat GEJ hands down (how I wish a similar power probe will be instituted to expose the monumental waste in the power sector in the last 5 years). The only area GEJ may have beaten OBJ is in agriculture and lest I forget, in the proliferation of corruption - GEJ was weak and indecisive and for this reason, everyone under and around him kept looting Nigeria blind without GEJ batting an eyelid or probing a single person.

I just pray God opens your eyes to see this one day.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by dBard: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Thanks for behaving like a gentleman and I will address you same way...

1)NO LAW allows for Jonathan to obtain approval from FAAC before withdrawals from ECA...if anything at all, ECA is alien to the constitution... it is not known to that document hence governors always use court to blackmail presidents into sharing such funds in ECA...It is a morally justified account but unconstitutional too...thanks bro

Tnx..just trying to understand both sides.
Point taken, but if that is so, what stops the president using it as his personal 'go to' account Cos, this is where I n probably a lot of odas have issues.
If d FAAC was set up to checkmate this n yet money(s) are withdrawn without their approval, then what's d justification in that? And d burden of proof lies on her t prove d payments.
Appreciate d response.
Cc: barcanista
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by sammhi(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
barcanista:

No responsible govt saves money.....especially a developing nation like ours...how much did fasola saved for Ambode...nil but left debt for him
govt is not a company ..where by end of the year...you begin to check how much profit was made etc the money govt makes is for spending on infrastructure , welfare and security. period. what should ask for is that it should be used judiciously..if OBJ had used that money to revive most of our dead industries....or roads or railways...or mass housing for poor people etc ..it is better..why keep money in an illegal account?
it makes no sense
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Demdem(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
kaycid77:

The real FOO.L here is you, you have refused to decipher all he has explained.... if NASS agree with FG that the subsidy Bugdet be 300 billion, and by omission and commission it increase to 500 billion as the case has always been where do you think the executive will get the money to balance then extra...ECA of course nama

Fool, u sound daft like the goon u are trying so hard to support. Who told u that it must come from ECA? Does the NASS itself has power over the ECA at all? The ECA belongs to the FG, States and LG. If the estimate exceeds what it was envisaged to be, a supplementary budget will have to be raised in that regard and alternate sources will be looked for and not ECA. Was ECA designed to be paying Fuel subsidy?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

2023: President Buhari In Strategic Close Door Meeting With Tinubu (Photos) / President Buhari Breaks The Ramadan Fast Alongside Permanent Secretaries / Nnamdi Kanu And His Mumu Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.