Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal (1050 Views)

N15bn Cash: NIA Chiefs Disown Suspended DG / EFCC Act Makes It Compulsory To Expose The Owner Of The Ikoyi N15bn Flat / Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by anonimi: 9:02am On Jul 09, 2015
09 Jul 2015

The Aba Integrated Power Project (Aba IPP), scheduled for commissioning in November, has entered into a new Transaction Implementation Agreement with its sponsors and creditors pursuant to which Afrigem Integrated Utilities Limited becomes a core investor in the power project.

Afrigem, a West African focused development and investment company with a 720mw pipeline of energy solutions project in the region, is expected to inject N15 billion into the project, making Geometric Power one of the most capitalised private sector driven power companies in the sub-region.

A statement explained that the agreement signing ceremony which was hosted by Diamond Bank Plc, provides Afrigem the milestones for the restructuring of the existing debt stock of Geometric Power’s project companies, recapitalisation and also, the restructuring of the company. These, it explained, were expected to help fast-track the inauguration of the plant.

“Geometric Power led the sponsors of Aba IPP while the creditors include Diamond Bank Plc, Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) and Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc. In its 3-year growth plan, the Sponsors and Afrigem expect to increase the plant capacity from 141MW to 341MW by 2018,” it stated.

According to the parties, the capital restructuring agreement will also ensure that the project companies: Geometric Power Aba Limited and APL Electric Limited have the required capital to deliver reliable power. It will also bring on board the expertise of Afrigem’s team in the operations and management of the Aba IPP while the new capital will be applied towards the commissioning of the project and part payment to creditors with enough left to run the company.

Chairman of Geometric Power Limited, Professor Bart Nnaji, led the signing on behalf of the project sponsors while the Vice Chairman of Afrigem, Mallam Samaila Zubairu, led the signing on behalf of Afrigem Integrated Utilities Limited at the ceremony attended by energy consultants, top bank executives and representatives of the various professional parties.

Speaking at the event, Deputy Managing Director and Chief Risk Officer of Diamond Bank Plc, Caroline Anyanwu, stated that the new agreement signalled a huge economic leap in the generation and distribution of electricity energy in Nigeria.

According to her, Diamond Bank was very passionate about the project because of the economic ripple effect that uninterrupted electricity power supply would bring to the numerous Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) operators in Abia State and the country generally.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/diamond-bank-geometric-others-seal-n15bn-power-deal/214190/
Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by asha80(m): 9:06am On Jul 09, 2015
The only thing I want to know is if the issue with eedc over aba has been resolved
Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by anonimi: 9:10am On Jul 09, 2015
asha80:
The only thing I want to know is if the issue with eedc over aba has been resolved

What was the issue?
Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by LoveMachine(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2015
Not seeing any European names in this article makes me far less skeptical than I would usually be. May this be beneficial for us all.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by anonimi: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2015
LoveMachine:
Not seeing any European names in this article makes me far less skeptical than I would usually be. May this be beneficial for us all.

I say a loud Amen. Moreover let us be on our guards that the new megida in Aso Villa will not CANCEL these progressive initiatives by Jonathan. shocked
Obviously good things are happening in the electricity sector with the recent vacancies on NL from the DISCOS and the increasing private sector investments, such as this one here. It is like 2000/2001 when GSM companies started roll out in our country.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2112223_b9j5wbscuai7qxi_jpeg0421f5e4a6e29a5c286df4fefbd17978

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2077628_BNGI782FMSI1G20150108171624_jpge5bb24791334f05106b071c3170d959d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2472012_political_jpeg159c20bce885539ba1c0f382a90b89ce

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836
Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by asha80(m): 9:17am On Jul 09, 2015
anonimi:

What was the issue?
aba was supposed to be carved out from the eastern bloc for the geometric power to supply constant uninterrupted power..that was what it was supposed to be when the geometric power was built..when nnaji became power minister it was supposed to be cemented until he was removed and power privatization was done..emela offor won the bid for Enugu disco but somehow with his connection to sambo aba district was included in the Enugu disco division which meant that geometric power already built became redundant

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by anonimi: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2015
asha80:
aba was supposed to be carved out from the eastern bloc for the geometric power to supply constant uninterrupted power..that was what it was supposed to be when the geometric power was built..when nnaji became power minister it was supposed to be cemented until he was removed and power privatization was done..emela offor won the bid for Enugu disco but somehow with his connection to sambo aba district was included in the Enugu disco division which meant that geometric power already built became redundant

Thanks for the details.
I hope they will sort it out amicably or through the law courts depending on what commitments were made and can be enforced.
Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by aieromon(m): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank, Geometric, Others Seal N15bn Power Deal by anonimi: 9:36am On Jul 09, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Brave Naval Officer Ensured He Died Alone After Discovering Landmine While Fight / 'Muhd Namadi Sambo Way' In An Obscure Location Of Abuja:Photo / APC, PDP Senators Team Up Against Saraki, Say EFCC Probe Breaches Senate Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.