Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,144 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu (3940 Views)

Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt / See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) / Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by limpopo: 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
please am a yoruba Corper serving in one of the south eastern and I would like if anybody can put me through how I can cook a LOW cost egusi soup dat has ugwu inside... with fish ooooo..

tanx in anticipation.
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by hawk05(m): 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ndo
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by Cutehector(m): 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Abeg make person no go cook spell say na soup...
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by DOOSNAS(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Pls call ur mother, she will be pls to help u..
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by limpopo: 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
DOOSNAS:
Pls call ur mother, she will be pls to help u..
I no want make she use me laff and moreover we no dey stay together for house sef
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by aydelicious: 12:18am On Jul 10, 2015
limpopo:
please am a yoruba Corper serving in one of the south eastern and I would like if anybody can put me through how I can cook a LOW cost egusi soup dat has ugwu inside... with fish ooooo..

tanx in anticipation.
okay, let us believed that we have 150 Naira and we need to Cook Egusi soup
what we need to do is to plane on that money,by list things you need to buy to cook the egushi soup.
now let us now start to plane on the money,
we will buy =>ugwu 50 Naira
we still buy=>palm oil 35 Naira
you will now slice your ugwu down and wash down
we now buy =>egushi of tinmilk of 40 Naira
we will still buy one cube of maggi 5 Naira
we still need to buy camenrum pepper 10 Naira
we now need to buy grafish 10 Naira
we now need two levels of teaspoons of salt
you will also need 35cl of water
For you to start cooking,you must grounding all the camenroom pepper, egusi, graifish together
when you have grounded it,then sock the egusi you have grounded with 35cl of water and then add 2level of teaspoons of salt Let it sock with about 15 minutes,
now place your pot on cooking gas and add your palm oil to heat about 3 minutes then use your service spoon to turn the egusi together then add it to the palm oil then cover it about 7 or 10 minutes after the minutes, use your service spoon to stir it then now spinging a cube of maggi, cover it about 2 minutes open it to add ugwu now Cover it again about 4 or 5 minutes to cook after that it is now the egusi soup is ready.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by emekachimek: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2015
Cooking with Ugwu(mountain)? Sorry I can't help you
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by Coolsmile20(f): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2015

tanx in anticipation.

Ingredient for egusi soup with fish
1. Ground Egusi (1 tin milk cup)
2. Sliced Ugwu (#50)
3. Pepper (rodo) #50 or ground pepper #10
4. Fish (ur choice)
5. Palm oil 1/4 bottle (that is, ilarin igo)
6. Maggi 1 cube
7. Salt (to ur taste)
8. Stock fish #50 (optional)
9. Onions

Preparation
Cook ur stock fish till it is tender n put aside on a plate
Grate ur pepper n onions with blender n put aside in a plate
Pour ur palm oil in a dry pot n put on d stove to heat for few seconds
Add ur grated pepper n onions
Add maggi n salt then leave for about 10-15 minutes
Pour ur melon(egusi) in a plate n add a little water. Mix d egusi with ur finger tip till it mold n cut in balls into d stew on d stove
Add ur stock fish if use and wait for about 10-15 minutes
Wash ur sliced ugwu n add to d egusi on d stove
Wait for like 10 minutes
Add ur fish and leave for about 15 minutes
Ur egusi soup is ready to eat

NOTE: if u are using ground pepper u will cook in another method

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by Coolsmile20(f): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]

for ground pepper
Same ingredient but different method of preparation
PREPARATION using ground pepper
Put a cup of water in a pot n place it on d stove
Add palm oil, ground pepper, salt n maggi and leave to boil
Add ur egusi (same way and timing as d 1st recipe)
Add ur ugwu ( same way and timing as d 1st recipe)
Add ur fish (same procedure with d one above)
Ur egusi is ready to eat

Hope that helps
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by limpopo: 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
aydelicious:

okay, let us believed that we have 150 Naira and we need to Cook Egusi soup
what we need to do is to plane on that money,by list things you need to buy to cook the egushi soup.
now let us now start to plane on the money,
we will buy =>ugwu 50 Naira
we still buy=>palm oil 35 Naira
you will now slice your ugwu down and wash down
we now buy =>egushi of tinmilk of 40 Naira
we will still buy one cube of maggi 5 Naira
we still need to buy camenrum pepper 10 Naira
we now need to buy grafish 10 Naira
we now need two levels of teaspoons of salt
you will also need 35cl of water
For you to start cooking,you must grounding all the camenroom pepper, egusi, graifish together
when you have grounded it,then sock the egusi you have grounded with 35cl of water and then add 2level of teaspoons of salt Let it sock with about 15 minutes,
now place your pot on cooking gas and add your palm oil to heat about 3 minutes then use your service spoon to turn the egusi together then add it to the palm oil then cover it about 7 or 10 minutes after the minutes, use your service spoon to stir it then now spinging a cube of maggi, cover it about 2 minutes open it to add ugwu now Cover it again about 4 or 5 minutes to cook after that it is now the egusi soup is ready.

hmmmmm... funniest post of the year....
do u think am dat worst when its comes to cooking... I only created the thread for creation sake..
Lol.... @35cl of water.. very funny and thanks for atleast replying
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by limpopo: 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
Coolsmile20:
[color=#006600][/color]

for ground pepper
Same ingredient but different method of preparation
PREPARATION using ground pepper
Put a cup of water in a pot n place it on d stove
Add palm oil, ground pepper, salt n maggi and leave to boil
Add ur egusi (same way and timing as d 1st recipe)
Add ur ugwu ( same way and timing as d 1st recipe)
Add ur fish (same procedure with d one above)
Ur egusi is ready to eat

Hope that helps

I remembered dis method... one of my guy back when I was in school dey use dis method
ata gigun,grinded crayfish, onions, palm oil all together pour inside d pot... but then he uses dis black smoke fish... hmm good old days
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by Coolsmile20(f): 2:06am On Jul 12, 2015
limpopo:

I remembered dis method... one of my guy back when I was in school dey use dis method
ata gigun,grinded crayfish, onions, palm oil all together pour inside d pot... but then he uses dis black smoke fish... hmm good old days
alright
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by aydelicious: 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
limpopo:

hmmmmm... funniest post of the year....
do u think am dat worst when its comes to cooking... I only created the thread for creation sake..
Lol.... @35cl of water.. very funny and thanks for atleast replying
alright oooooo
Re: Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu by saiprojects(f): 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is A Bag Of Pure Water In Your Area / 4 Burner Korea Gas Cooker For Sale.. / Wara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.