Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,437 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. (11479 Views)

SIWES: Who Else Got This Invitation From NLNG? / Nlng November 2016 Siwes Application Is Now Open. / Job Seekers Cvs On The Floor Of The Entrance To The NLNG HQ Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by SirLegal(m): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good day my People.
This one happened to me yesterday. Though it was all on the phone. As a student looking for Internship, i have been hustling the best that i can in other to get a placement. I have followed/joined many online job sites like jobberman, jobrapido, ngcareers, jobble etc just to be updated about any Internship vacancies.
So I logged Into my account at yesterday where i found an ad of NLNG MASS EMPLOYMENT. I was thrilled cause i have applied so many times through written letters and online stuff but to no avail. So i wrote to the man who posted the ad if the do take students on Internship basis which he responded by giving me dis number(08065447517) to call saying that was the phone no of their P.R.O.

"Wow!!! My luck don shine", i said to myself. So immediately, i picked up my phone and dialled the number. This was the convo with the scammer.
ME: Gudday sir, my name is ........., am i unto the PRO of NLNG Port harcourt?
SCAMMER: (In an accent that looked british) yes gudday hw may i help You?
ME: (surprised by the accent) Sir i saw your ad on a site by name, in which you people have some vacancies to be filled. Sir, am a student looking for Internship just for six months and am able to work very well for your company cause i know am gud.
SCAMMERsadChuckles) You said you are able and ready to work?
ME: (very happy now) yes sir very ready to work.
SCAMMER: How old are you?
ME: i am 20+ sir.
SCAMMER: ok ok. Do you know the requirements? Do you know about the forms?
ME: form ke No Sir from the information i got, their was no form to be(he cut me off)
SCAMMER: Young man, are you sure you are ready for this job?
ME: (panicking) yes sir, am ready. so Sir how do i get the forms?
SCAMMER: The forms are sold at a price of #2250. Though it is very limited due to the unemployment rate in the country we have sold out a huge amount of them. Are you Okay with the price?
ME: I will see what i can do sir. But sir, how do i get the forms?
SCAMMER: very easy we have our website but since You are in a haste to get it I can give you the hard copy.
ME: Sir your website is it that of NLNG.com?
SCAMMER: seems like you don't need this job. You can get the forms through me. I can get my secretary to fill ur data which you will send to me. then you Pay me by sending MTN airtime of #2200 to me. Its not that i need your money its just that my driver is very far away and i need to recharge his phone for him. So, can you send the airtime now?
MEsadi have already understood what was happenning, so i decided to play along) But Sir, it is raining heavily over here, hw about if i send you the airtime lets say an hour's time.
SCAMMER: Will the rain prevent you from getting Internship over here?
ME: No sir.
SCAMMER: then run along and get me the airtime and be very fast about that.
ME: Ok sir.

I dropped the call. Immediately i logged unto NLNG.com, and followed their twitter handle. Their on twitter, I found one of their handlers who twitted about their company and the money the gave to FG. I replied him by asking if the were engaging on MASS EMPLOYMENT, to which he answered a resounding NO and further added that for any recruitment the do, its always seen on their website, twitter handle, and also on National Dailies.

MORAL
DON'T BE TOO DESPERATE WHEN LOOKING FOR A JOB IN THIS COUNTRY OF OURS. YES I DIDN'T FALL A VICTIM AND HOPE YOU WON'T.
SCAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by hawk05(m): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by obinna2nv(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Its always like that..
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by donholy28(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
op u be real bad market

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
donholy28:
op u be real bad market

Lol.

That got me laughing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by CHM11: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nigeria LNG of all companies...That scammer must be very stupid oh.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Melahou(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
if you are yet to send the airtime you can quickly sent it to me now cos is remaining the last form...
else no Internship for you
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by stepo707: 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
kennygee:

Lol.

That got me laughing.

yea cracked me up too

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by admax(m): 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
Most of those scammers are even unemployed too

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ok
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by eleko1: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
sad VickYrotex,Dosht make una come see
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Titto93(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
It's good you managed to escape...
For this type of payments, if it's not in the bank with account number of the valid company in question, my dear, have a rethink.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by NJPot(m): 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
you for enter one chance
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Lyndylove: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
Interesting read it is.

COMING SOON!
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!
JULY 15TH!!!

[Music] LYNDY _ MY HERO [A TRIBUTE TO DR
GOODLUCK JONATHAN]

My hero is a tribute to Dr Goodluck Jonathan
appreciating his achievements and efforts towards making Nigeria great, for being true democrat and for preserving our peace and unity.

IT DROPS ON JULY 15TH!!!
YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THIS!!!
Follow on twitter: @ Lyndymk

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
admax:
Most of those scammers are even unemployed too
Its only in Nigeria the unemployed try to "employ" the unemployed.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by promisechild(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
thank God you didn't fall for it you for turn maga direct
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by promisechild(m): 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ontarget:
H
space booker continue god dey watch u for 3D
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by promisechild(m): 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
be warned this land is not for sale
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Surejobsng(m): 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ok..Thank u cheesy
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by SirLegal(m): 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
donholy28:
op u be real bad market

My brother, the man(scammer) knack hand for tipper wey carry enough sand.
No one gives what he doesn't have.
Anaghi acho na akpa onye na acho acho.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Lyndylove:
Interesting read it is.

COMING SOON!
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!
JULY 15TH!!!

[Music] LYNDY _ MY HERO [A TRIBUTE TO DR
GOODLUCK JONATHAN]

My hero is a tribute to Dr Goodluck Jonathan
appreciating his achievements and efforts towards making Nigeria great, for being true democrat and for preserving our peace and unity.

IT DROPS ON JULY 15TH!!!
YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THIS!!!
Follow on twitter: @ Lyndymk
Your song. Is badluck

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by SirLegal(m): 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ontarget:

Lol... True talk bro.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by solastan: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
You want to collect the remaining dollars GEJ is using to tour round the world.Cos I know is all about what u want to make from this man.
OLEEEEEEE
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Chukwuemeka007(m): 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hmmmmmmm Mr. Six this is getting serious o. When did this happen?
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by donholy28(m): 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
SirLegal:

My brother, the man(scammer) knack hand for tipper wey carry enough sand. No one gives what he doesn't have. Anaghi acho na akpa onye na acho acho.
nwokem ibu nwa afo

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by generaliy07(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
https://samueliyanu./2015/07/08/the-gods-are-not-now-to-blame/

WHEN THE SCAMMERS ARE APPREHENDED AND MADE TO ROT IN PRISON, THEY CAN DO THE ABOVE, BLAME GOD
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by solastan: 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
My bro,GEJ don dash out all the dollars to southwest Obas ooo.No more dollar for u o if u even call him the father ,grandfather and grea-grandfather of the world democrazy.U are allow to sing let ur sisters and brothers buy the album.
U be OOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEEE
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Abugab(m): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
You are lucky op.
For those of you who can download applications, I always advice them to have true caller app on their mobiles to verify suspicious numbers in other not to fall for some scammer especially those ones seeking job opportunities.
The number you called is actually registered as 'Cleaning Equip' on true caller verification. Maybe some guys working with a PSP waste managers forming NLNG or dealing on cleaning equipment.
Never give in to desperation as it is one major weakness that scammers use to defraud people.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by admax(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
You are right! lol
Ontarget:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mainstreet Bank Calling For Assessment. / Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? / NAR Recruitment.interview/test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.