Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Are Network Marketers Really Scammers? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Network Marketers Really Scammers? (489 Views)

Scammers New Tactics (pic) / 5 Annoying Characteristics Of Nigerian Network Marketers-shogat Mccoy / Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Network Marketers Really Scammers? by toys2seven(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
So I got a text without a company name saying I have been invited for an interview somewhere in Lagos. The text included date and time and something that looked like a code – a referral code. Since I actually applied to some job adverts online, I thought it was one of them and I prepared and made sure I made it in time to the venue of the interview on the said date. We wrote the test, then we had a supposed HR come to talk to us on the core values of the organization and after what I must say was a really inspiring talk, but too long, the CEO was introduced. A fair young lady, small in stature, probably in her late twenties or early thirties most likely the former and she also kind of took off from where the HR left off. She talked about one of my favourite authors Robert Kiyosaki and Richard Templar, compared Wole Soyinka (eduaction) to Dangote (Wealth), how changing our mentality can change our financial status… and all and all.
In my mind, I knew this wasn’t the regular job interview since they had already discredited our qualifications and CVs. And to confirm my suspicion, suddenly people started leaving on their own accord. One person here, another person over there but I sat there glued to my seat. At last the CEO said what suddenly reduced our number from like 40 to around half. “If you know you want to work with us, you’ll pay so so amount of money”. It was like a synonym for “Pls half of you guys should walk out”. I sat there although I wasn’t convinced enough to part with the 2k I had on me. I called my elder bro who I was staying with, immediately he sounded like I just told him one of my kidneys was about to be stolen. “Leave there! Leave there bro!!... It’s those people again. They are Scammers!!!”

I didn’t leave; I only found a way to hold a conversation with the beautiful young CEO lady. We talked for about 10minutes, a time which was enough for me to know that although there were some things these people weren’t saying, they aren’t scammers. I went back home, didn’t pay the fee even though some did but I was too meticulous to jump into a river I know little or nothing about. I began making researches about these supposed SCAMMERS. I spoke to some open minded business people I know, checked some books, went to research online via websites and Nairaland forum. I found out that these people are instead NETWORK MARKETERS.

Then why do people dread them like a plague if what I heard and read about them making so much money is really true? Why are they tagged scammers? Why don’t they divulge very little about themselves? Why do their offices look like nothing much is happening there? These were the logical questions wandering my inquisitive mind and these are the answers I got from my various mediums of researches, mainly books and conversations.

On the contrary to what we all think, these people are not scammers cos if they were, at least one of them would’ve been behind bars. They are infact people who what I’ll call “Odd Marketing” they sell products, most times health products but they purchase people. I mean they build a team of sales rep and the more people they get the more the company who’s product their marketing pays them.

I’m just saying we could simply delete their texts when we get them, since we already know it’s network marketers text instead of criticising a system we don’t fully understand. They are not scammers. They are marketers doing what desperate marketers do.Some bank marketers I know sleep with married rich men to hit targets so instead of giving them harsh tags and bad names, we could just turn the blind side. These people do what most people don’t have the guts to and the people are those who abuse them the most. I don’t know why, probably to pour cold water on their burning spirit.

I’m probably looking to join a network marketing group in future and I don’t know if anyone knows the best one with a really interesting compensation plan in Nigeria.
Thanks.
P.S. Pls don’t start your sermons here. Just people who know they can be straightforward, precise and meaningful cos from my research, most people in the biz don’t even understand fully the structure and their compensation plan chart. This is absurd to me though.

www.maturemindstalk.com
Re: Are Network Marketers Really Scammers? by samusonite: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
Lets talk on whatsapp
my company site is www.goldmineliberty.com
it's the best thing happening at the moment
Re: Are Network Marketers Really Scammers? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
My dear, network marketing is not a scam and network marketers are not scammers.
You can indeed make unlimited income in the industry is your company's product and compensation plan are great.
Scammers take advantage of the 'people' nature of the business to trick people. I trust you are educated enough so try not to fall into their hands, others join a company just to get a better chance to scam.
Join a Great company with a great product, build a great team the RIGHT WAY. Learn from the BEST. Goodluck and avoid those scammers.
Re: Are Network Marketers Really Scammers? by Tundenoni(m): 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nigeria network marketers are criminals, liars etc.
They may tell u to bring your cv, that there is recruitment going on. If u believe them u are on ur own....
Re: Are Network Marketers Really Scammers? by success2sure29(m): 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
@toys2seven do you know that not all network marketing is a scam there are some that are genuine MLM and their compensation plan are good.due to am not allow to promote MLM site I would send you the one am into but for beta info about the one am doing,we don't sell product we market life support service.
seiki4dare@yahoo.com or success2sure29@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Who Wants To Retire In His/her 30s Or 40s? / I Need Someone That Can Be Supplying Me Kernels / t

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.