Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? (8775 Views)

Joy Odama's Death: Usman Adamu Invites Girls To His House For Sex - Cook / Nigerian Pays 15-Year-Old Girl For Sex, Collects Money Back At Gunpoint In US / Prostitute Injures Man Who Offered To Pay For Sex With Egg (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Freemanan:
It scares me the kinda ideas some people nurture, especially people here on NL...

Now to the topic, a country like USA will most likely work with a far lesser age than this region (NIGERIA) because let's face reality they are exposed and matured than us...
But this should not make us lose the focus of the theme... Consent at a tender age may leads to lotta things, kids will start doing jail time and abortion won't be monitored and the likes... Catastrophe beckons.

What exactly scares you? What kind of ideas are being nutured?
What do u think should be the age of consent? Is 18 too young or too old?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
I read something on this thread about a 10 year old who gave birth with her and her child both healthy. I forget who posted it and l don't have time to look for it.
I just wamt to say I personally don't support underage marrige and such.

BTW, didn't prophet Muhammad (PBUH) marry a six year old girl?
Any muslems in the house? Is it true?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
architez:

What exactly scares you? What kind of ideas are being nutured?
What do u think should be the age of consent? Is 18 too young or too old?
The idea that no matter How young, once a lady freely allows him to use her, he will and there is nothing wrong with it... Such thoughts scares me...

18 is Okay.

1 Like

Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by DoctorChuks: 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
architez:
I read something on this thread about a 10 year old who gave birth with her and her child both healthy. I forget who posted it and l don't have time to look for it.

I'm not a muslem, but I can authoritatively tell u that Muhammed married a girl named Aisha when she was 6 years old and started having sex with her when she was 9 (by her own account). This is the basis for old men muslems marrying children - they are mandated to follow Muhammed's examples.

As a doctor, I know it is not not good for a very young girl to have a baby. But as for sex itself, I'm not quite sure what to think.
in Nigeria I've had an 11 year old girl reluctantly tell me that sometimes she found it hard to sleep without having sex!!!
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
Freemanan:

The idea that no matter How young, once a lady freely allows him to use her, he will and there is nothing wrong with it... Such thoughts scares me...

18 is Okay.

It scares u? But our people existed and did quite fine without such laws until fairly recently. There was no such thing as age of consent in our land until fairly recently with the coming of the whites.

1 Like

Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by jaycool1970: 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
architez:

I never said u r a pedophile. I said you SOUND like a pedophile IF you give no reasons. But now u have given reasons, u come across more reasonable.

But I don't agree with u. I think 14 is too young. 16? Maybe.

I dey joke o. For me age of consent supose be 21.
Anythin less u go kirikiri.

1 Like

Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
There should be no age for dat, why am I saying so?cos d bible said flee fornication, but in dis our world, people can't just flee fornication, I can't go against God's word nd say,dis is d right age for sex, if a man nd a woman are joined in holy matrimony den its d right time to have sex ..... Tnx
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
There should be no age for dat, why am I saying so?cos d bible said flee fornication, but in dis our world, people can't just flee fornication, I can't go against God's word nd say,dis is d right age for sex, if a man nd a woman are joined in holy matrimony den its d right time to have sex ..... Tnx

You know, u r absolutely right, now I think about it. There really is no age of consent in the bible. There are laws against all sorts of things in the bible, but there are no laws against marrying children (or am I wrong?). That seems strange, doesn't it?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
architez:

You know, u r absolutely right, now I think about it. There really is no age of consent in the bible. There are laws against all sorts of things in the bible, but there are no laws against marrying children (or am I wrong?). That seems strange, doesn't it?
my dear ur correct,I haven't seen any law regarding a child, but any right thinking human being shouldn't wait for a law to know what is right or wrong, in my opinion no man or woman should have carnal knowledge of any child , jah bless....
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by Demmzy15(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
architez:

He married her at 6, then she moved to his home when she was 9years.
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by Demmzy15(m): 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
DoctorChuks:

I'm not a muslem, but I can authoritatively tell u that Muhammed married a girl named Aisha when she was 6 years old and started having sex with her when she was 9 (by her own account). This is the basis for old men muslems marrying children - they are mandated to follow Muhammed's examples.

As a doctor, I know it is not not good for a very young girl to have a baby. But as for sex itself, I'm not quite sure what to think.
in Nigeria I've had an 11 year old girl reluctantly tell me that sometimes she found it hard to sleep without having sex!!!
What are you saying like this now?! undecided
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 12:26am On Jul 13, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
my dear ur correct,I haven't seen any law regarding a child, but any right thinking human being shouldn't wait for a law to know what is right or wrong, in my opinion no man or woman should have carnal knowledge of any child , jah bless....

Exactly, married or not. If u insist on marrying her, then u have to wait till she is of age to bleep her.
Actually, no... I think the best thing is to have a law against marrying children.
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 12:29am On Jul 13, 2015
architez:

Exactly, married or not. If u insist on marrying her, then u have to wait till she is of age.
Actually, no... I think the best thing is to have a law against marrying children.
u r very correct,I love ur level of reasoning, nice one .....
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Demmzy15:

He married her at 6, then she moved to his home when she was 9years.

But we r not talking about moving into his house, we r talking about bleeping. When did he start bleeping her?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by Demmzy15(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
architez:

But we r not talking about moving into his house, we r talking about bleeping. When did he start bleeping her?
So you think marriage is all about sex right?!
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Demmzy15:

So you think marriage is all about sex right?!

No, it's not all about sex, but sex is HUGE part of it.
Think about it, the ONLY difference between your wife and every other woman in the world is that u can have sex with her and it is sanctioned by God, government, etc. She is the ONLY woman in the world u can bleep that way.

Look, I'm not on either side of this. As a prophet, whatever Muhammad (PBUH) did was meant as an example to us.
If he was sleeping with her at 9, then it is a sanctioned behaviour. Or am l wrong?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by zanga420: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
barcanista:
All these punishment because of wetin na? grin
I've a concern about this, in laws like this what happens to a minor who's 15 n claims to be 19 so s/he can shag someone s/he admires? Or should people ask for birth certificate b4 they make out? To me if a girl/boy lies to person so they can make out (as the above anderson case pointed out), the penalty on the adult should be lesser. I've seen similar cases like this both on males n females. Not 2talk of those their body develops more than their age.
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by Demmzy15(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
architez:

No, it's not all about sex, but sex is HUGE part of it.
Think about it, the ONLY difference between your wife and every other woman in the world is that u can have sex with her and it is sanctioned by God, government, etc. She is the ONLY woman in the world u can bleep that way.

Look, I'm not on either side of this. As a prophet, whatever Muhammad (PBUH) did was meant as an example to us.
If he was sleeping with her at 9, then it is a sanctioned behaviour. Or am l wrong?
You're making it sound as if we as Muslims should marry 9year old and immediately start having sex with her. He didn't marry for lust but it was a divine intervention, he had much older wives before her with his first wife 15years older. There are things as a Prophet that he did that weren't ordinary and it's not advisable for us to do them.

This event happened 1400years ago when no cared about the age as far the wife is matured enough she's ready for marriage. To my greatest surprise I discovered that Mary married Joseph at 12years and Joseph himself was 90years.
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by DoctorChuks: 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
Demmzy15:

What are you saying like this now?! undecided

I am saying that Muhammed was a Pedophile with capital P.
See how hard you find it to admit he was sleeping with her AT NINE, while he was in his 50's!!!
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by Demmzy15(m): 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
DoctorChuks:

See how hard you find it to admit he was sleeping with her AT NINE, while he was in his 50's!!!
Lemme ask you, who's a pedophile and what are signs that show a person is a pedophile?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 3:56am On Jul 14, 2015
zanga420:
I've a concern about this, in laws like this what happens to a minor who's 15 n claims to be 17 so s/he can shag someone s/he admires? Or should people ask for birth certificate b4 they make out? To me if a girl/boy lies to person so they can make out (as the above anderson case pointed out), the penalty on the adult should be lesser. I've seen similar cases like this both on males n females. Not 2talk of those their body develops more than their age.

I totally agree with you. But what do u think the punishment should be? 6 months? 20 years?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 4:05am On Jul 14, 2015
DoctorChuks:

Bros, please no vex, but try not to use such language on this thread. A pedophile is an adult attracted to children.
There is no evidence that Muhammad was attracted to children. Unless there is such thing as a one-time pedophile.

BTW, there is a saying that most men are pedophiles. How true do u folks think that is?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 4:36am On Jul 14, 2015
Demmzy15:

You're making it sound as if we as Muslims should marry 9year old and immediately start having sex with her. He didn't marry for lust but it was a divine intervention, he had much older wives before her with his first wife 15years older. There are things as a Prophet that he did that weren't ordinary and it's not advisable for us to do them.

This event happened 1400years ago when no cared about the age as far the wife is matured enough she's ready for marriage. To my greatest surprise I discovered that Mary married Joseph at 12years and Joseph himself was 90years.

Very good write-up. Except for one thing, there is NOTHING the little girl could not have done for him outside marriage, except for one thing: SEX. Prophet Muhammad (PUBH) could have used her in every way in the world except one: SEX. Only marriage would make that possible.
And Allah sanctioned that marriage, which means He santioned such sex. And there is no place He says He santioned it only for the Prophet or only for that era.
(BTW, what do u make of the saying that most men are pdophiles).

Christians don't follow Joseph. Whatever he did is irrelevant to Christianity. He was a sinner like David and Moses and us all. Christians don't follow any of them.

Muslims, on the other hand, are mandated to follow Muhammed's example.
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by zanga420: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
architez:

I totally agree with you. But what do u think the punishment should be? 6 months? 20 years?
a situation in which, if u're aware that ur partner is underage n u stl go ahead to have carnal knowledge of them = maximum punishment. If u're been lied to/deceived that ur partner is underage = very lesser punishment. Then 4d underage that inflate their age to enjoy sexual pleasure maybe sending them to rehab or documenting their fingerprint for future reference, since they cant go jail or something like that for being minors. My 2cents
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
zanga420:
a situation in which, if u're aware that ur partner is underage n u stl go ahead to have carnal knowledge of them = maximum punishment. If u're been lied to/deceived that ur partner is underage = very lesser punishment. Then 4d underage that inflate their age to enjoy sexual pleasure maybe sending them to rehab or documenting their fingerprint for future reference, since they cant go jail or something like that for being minors. My 2cents

I think there should be grades of pedophiles, depending on the age they r attracted to and there should be different names for them. To some who r attracted to 14 year olds, attraction to a 9 or 6 year old may be quite repulsive.

1 to 6
6 to 9
9 to 12
12 to 14
They all should be different categories.
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by sukachia(m): 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
jaycool1970:

I say no quote me u still quote me.

na my opinion, finish.

I no be pedophile o. I no like small small picken at all

This girls here don sabi wetin be nack by the time them don reach 14 or 15 and them body don develop

If them give u, make u chop. That na my own
u are a very bad shap guy
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by AprokoMan: 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nice
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by zanga420: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
architez:

I think there should be grades of pedophiles, depending on the age they r attracted to and there should be different names for them. To some who r attracted to 14 year olds, attraction to a 9 or 6 year old may be quite repulsive.

1 to 6
6 to 9
9 to 12
12 to 14
They all should be different categories.
yeah, thats a good one also but not as important as the anderson case the op pointed out. For teenagers, adolescents n those in the early 20's, theirs no mark on their foreheads indicating their ages, so its a matter of verbal statement. Which d minor can inflate when s/he admirers the adult.
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 3:20am On Jul 15, 2015
zanga420:
yeah, thats a good one also but not as important as the anderson case the op pointed out. For teenagers, adolescents n those in the early 20's, theirs no mark on their foreheads indicating their ages, so its a matter of verbal statement. Which d minor can inflate when s/he admirers the adult.

Very true. And they even forge birth certificates these days. So even if they show u a false birth certificate, you will still go to jail.
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 3:43am On Jul 15, 2015
UnknownT:
So what are you advocating? For the age to be increased or reduced? Btw, just like everything, does the age of consent work in the country? What is the current age of consent to sex in Nigeria?

I think there should be grades of pedophiles, depending on the age they r attracted to and there should be different names for them and different penalties. If the molester is within 2 years of the victim, the penalty should be left to the judge's discretion.

1 to 6  - class A pedo - life in prison without possibility of parole.

6 to 9 - class B pedo - 1st offences 20 years, 2nd offense, life.

9 to 12 - class C pedo - 20 years

12 to 13 - class D pedo - 1st offense 5 years, 2nd offense, 20 years

14 - class E pedo - 2 years

What do you folks think?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 3:45am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
All these punishment because of wetin na? grin

I think there should be grades of pedophiles, depending on the age they r attracted to and there should be different names for them and different penalties. If the molester is within 2 years of the victim, the penalty should be left to the judge's discretion.

What do you folks think?
Re: Age Of Consent For Sex : Is This What We Want? by architez: 3:47am On Jul 15, 2015
innocentii:
I think Age of consent should be 15. we are in the 21st century where the whole system is fast developing, even kids nowadays attain puberty at 10-13 due to the stuffs they feed on. You will agree with me that some well fed young teen of today who attain puberty early do have bigger bosom and booobs than some adult and looks very fertile. donno if you have read about the youngest mother who gave birth naturally at 10 in Spain some years back. Even The bible said be fruitful and multiply without age restriction. I will say as long as the opposite sex is financially capable and mentally fertile enough, it should be considered a bigdeal.

What do you folks think?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Epic Photos Of ''FBI'' Leading A Nigerian Criminal To Prison In The US / Police Rescue 7 Abducted Travelers In Osun / Council Boss Rescues Abducted Girl In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.