Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. (17024 Views)

Gov. Wike Renames Port Harcourt Polytechnic As Elechi Amadi Polytechnic / How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal / Governor Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by fatdon2(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has renamed the State Polytechnic, Bori, after the late author and environmental rights activist from Ogoniland, Ken Saro- Wiwa. Wike explained that renaming of the institution, located in Bori, Khana Local Government Area, Ken Saro- Wiwa Polytechnic was in honour of the late activist’s achievements and legacies. The governor, who disclosed this in a
statement issued in Port Harcourt on Thursday, said Saro-Wiwa fought selflessly for the good of the society and humanity. He explained that the former Ogoni leader and his achievement should not be consigned to oblivion, saying Saro-Wiwa was known and revered beyond the shores of Nigeria. “In honour of his monumental achievements and legacies, the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has renamed the Rivers State Polytechnic in Bori as Ken Ule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic. “The memories of avatars like the late Saro-Wiwa, who fought selflessly for the betterment of society and humanity should not be consigned to oblivion, more so, when such personalities are revered beyond the shores of the country,” Wike said in the statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Sir, Opunabo Inko-Tariah.
www.punchng.com/news/wike-renames-rivers-poly-after-saro-wiwa/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
cc: lalasticlala

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by INTROVERT(f): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
When someone renamed UNILAG after a hero, they refused saying that heros name is not worthy to be attached to the university. Now another university polytechnic has bèn renamed after another hero. grin

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Emekamex(m): 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nice one

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by chudidonas(m): 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
That our Heroes long gone shall never be forgotten... Good move by Wike

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
ken saro-wiwa, the great ogoni activist.
his golden memories worth more...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by solarview(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
The impacts this man (Wike) is making is somewhat surpassing that of our Baba at the top grin grin

Anyway that's nice of him...I was watching Arise TV UK, interviewing the late heroe's son(Mr Ken Saro-Wiwa Jrn) last week. I got to know how greatly this man tried to protect his people's interest then.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by luvinhubby(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
Honour well deserved for an activists slaughtered by Abacha to sustain the western countries exploitation of Nigeria's richest oil resources & meagerly feed the rest of the contraption called Nigeria.

Kudos !

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by countsparrow: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by tunwumi: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
School name for politics is no no for me. Can't he establish a new one and give the name to it? Is rivers saturated with schools?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by belamour(m): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
Bam Implementation
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by UnknownT: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good Morning. It's a good one though

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by atlwireles: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
"Harder yet may be the fight;
right may often yield to might.

Satan’s cause may seem to gain.
But there’s a God that rules above
with hand of power and heart of love;
and if I’m right, he’ll fight my battle.

I shall have peace someday".

Charles Albert Tindley

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by jantofubu(m): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
Yimu
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by elobyobi: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
chai. students be like "I attend KUBS Poly" grin
and which kind name be Beeson? im palee dey sell honey?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
Jklm...
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by obinna2nv(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
That's a good move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by steffans(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
we don hear...

But, Na Only Wike be the only Governor in dis country

Others are working but they dont hit FP all the time..

Just Saying!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Cooljoe1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
smileyThe labour of our Heroes past shall never be in vain

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by loadedmax(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
Why not rename the state university in ph instead of the polytechnich in Bori?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by laurel03(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nice one from wike

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by kalufelix(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
Bam governor...

2 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Hemanwel(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nice move Mr Wike.You sure rock!I know your administration will silence alot of doubting Thomases about your capability to govern Rivers state.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by skyface00(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
U can't woo ppl with all these lols
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by kevinhacker(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
GOOOD JOB ! WIKE NYESOM

2 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Aigbehis(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
what i want to say is that i dont even have what to say.
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by esantex(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
T
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good move by Wike....RIP Wiwa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by aminho(m): 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
MUMU
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by brixton: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
Plenty members of association of nairaland space bookers de here
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
INTROVERT:
When someone renamed UNILAG after a hero, they refused saying that heros name is not worthy to be attached to the university. Now another university polytechnic has bèn renamed after another hero. grin

You just sound like a idi.ot.

No offense.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar / 2017 UTME: How To Confirm Your JAMB UTME 2017 Registration / UNILAG SSANU, NASU Protest Against Strike Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.