Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? (9162 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / How Old Was Mary When Jesus Was Born / Was Jesus Being Rude To Mary When He Referred To Her As "Woman" In John 2:4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
you never say anything meaningful, you only fill the thread with pictures and throwing insult.

Fine. Youll be happy to know EzioAuditore has officially retired from this nonsense.

If I ever offended you in anyway please, forgive me. My sins are enough for me, I don't need to go around dragging the sins of others.

My parting advice is, please whatever you do, take a page out of scholar8200 s book, try not to insult muslims or the prophet (pbuh), maybe then people will listen to what you have to say.

Live long and prosper.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by DJ2HOT(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=RagnarLodbrok post=35758644][/quote]

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=DJ2HOT post=35800486][/quote]

Someone asked you who you are and your response is you don't give a fucck grin

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by DJ2HOT(m): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Someone asked you who you are and your response is you don't give a fucck grin
............well if ""WHO THE F*CK ARE YOU"" is the best nd polite way to ask someone who he is(to you ooo) then my response is simply a matching one for it........peace!!
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
DJ2HOT:
............well if ""WHO THE F*CK ARE YOU"" is the best nd polite way to ask someone who he is(to you ooo) then my response is simply a matching one for it........peace!!

Lol! And that's how you see what just transpired here?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by DJ2HOT(m): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Lol! And that's how you see what just transpired here?
well bro I don't know your intent in the first place, was just trying to match up for what you dashed me......well I wish you well.......just that sarcasm usage @times doesn't make u get the point if you're been straight forward or been sarcastic ....like the yoruba adage that says ""Pele lako Pele labo" incase you're not a yoruba it means sarcastically saying sorry doesn't have the same meaning as sorry with a remorse ......one love bro no homo wink nd your signature tho!!! 217?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
DJ2HOT:
well bro I don't know your intent in the first place, was just trying to match up for what you dashed me......well I wish you well.......just that sarcasm usage @times doesn't make u get the point if you're been straight forward or been sarcastic ....like the yoruba adage that says ""Pele lako Pele labo" incase you're not a yoruba it means sarcastically saying sorry doesn't have the same meaning as sorry with a remorse ......one love bro no homo wink nd your signature tho!!! 217?

Alright brother!

Live long and prosper.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
https://www.nairaland.com/2447805/quran-states-god-cannot-son

So we go there, type a few points, copy and paste a few points, to what end? Insanity according to Albert Einstein is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I am not insane malvis.

Like I said, I have decided to retire indefinitely from this nonsense.

Live long and prosper!
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

So we go there, type a few points, copy and paste a few points, to what end? Insanity according to Albert Einstein is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I am not insane malvis.

Like I said, I have decided to retire indefinitely from this nonsense.

Live long and prosper!
you have nothing to say bro.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
you have nothing to say bro.

Ok.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by mustymatic(m): 1:03am On Jul 14, 2015
plainbibletruth:

Indeed this is one of the several areas in the book that is said to have descended from heaven and still has the original in heaven; where well known historical facts were muddled up. 

Mary is said In sura 3:35-41 to be the sister of Aaron; having been given birth to by Amram's (Imram) wife who is the mother of Aaron and Moses. This is a disaster to Islam. Aaron and Moses his brother died over 1,000 years before Mary the mother of Jesus was born! 

The truth of the matter is that whoever wrote this part of the Quran mixed up the "Miriam" or "Mariam" sister of Aaron and Moses with the "Mary" the mother of Jesus whose name can also be called "Mariam". 

So, who made the mistake, Allah or Mohammed? This is a big question that awaits answers. 

Also, the Quran says Mary and Zachariah were present in the sanctuary when the prophecy about John was given. The truth is that:    
1. Mary and Zachariah did not live in the same town. 
2. Zachariah received the message about John and his wife was already pregnant for six months before Mary heard about it at all. 
3. It was after this that Mary visited Zachariah's house in Judah to spend 3 months with his wife, Elizabeth who was Mary's relative. 
4. Mary had already conceived before this trip to Zachariah's house. 

The Quran even contradicts itself as to how many angels visited Zachariah/Mary. Was it one or many? Sura 3:35-42 says "angels" but sura 19:17 says "our angel" (singular) appeared before Mary "as a man in all respects". 

Actually, one Jewish book of fables - The Protevangelion's James the Lesser -written before Mohammed around third century A. D. had all these tales. But Jews and Christians could differentiate between their scripture and folktales. Apparently the writer of this part of the Quran couldn't. This is one of the calamities of the book. 
HOW MANY MEN OF YOUR NAME DO YOU KNOW?
CLEARLY NOT THAT AARON.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Scholar8200(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2015
mustymatic:

HOW MANY MEN OF YOUR NAME DO YOU KNOW?
CLEARLY NOT THAT AARON.
Alright you mean the Aaron whose sister was Mary is not the same Aaron brother of Moses?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by mustymatic(m): 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
Scholar8200:
Alright you mean the Aaron whose sister was Mary is not the same Aaron brother of Moses?
I heard a scholar talked about it. And I think that's the possible explanation.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2015
plainbibletruth:

Indeed this is one of the several areas in the book that is said to have descended from heaven and still has the original in heaven; where well known historical facts were muddled up. 

Mary is said In sura 3:35-41 to be the sister of Aaron; having been given birth to by Amram's (Imram) wife who is the mother of Aaron and Moses. This is a disaster to Islam. Aaron and Moses his brother died over 1,000 years before Mary the mother of Jesus was born! 

The truth of the matter is that whoever wrote this part of the Quran mixed up the "Miriam" or "Mariam" sister of Aaron and Moses with the "Mary" the mother of Jesus whose name can also be called "Mariam". 

So, who made the mistake, Allah or Mohammed? This is a big question that awaits answers. 

Also, the Quran says Mary and Zachariah were present in the sanctuary when the prophecy about John was given. The truth is that:    
1. Mary and Zachariah did not live in the same town. 
2. Zachariah received the message about John and his wife was already pregnant for six months before Mary heard about it at all. 
3. It was after this that Mary visited Zachariah's house in Judah to spend 3 months with his wife, Elizabeth who was Mary's relative. 
4. Mary had already conceived before this trip to Zachariah's house. 

The Quran even contradicts itself as to how many angels visited Zachariah/Mary. Was it one or many? Sura 3:35-42 says "angels" but sura 19:17 says "our angel" (singular) appeared before Mary "as a man in all respects". 

Actually, one Jewish book of fables - The Protevangelion's James the Lesser -written before Mohammed around third century A. D. had all these tales. But Jews and Christians could differentiate between their scripture and folktales. Apparently the writer of this part of the Quran couldn't. This is one of the calamities of the book. 
my thread title "the quran say God cannot have a son without a consort " has been deleted , they cannot answer the question being ask instead they reported me and the mod removed it. They see how deceitful muhammed is but they cannot question his teaching. No be delete? The moderator go delete my thread tire because there are many thread I will open , it will exposed islam.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by ypeace: 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
@ RagnarLodbrok, assalam alaikum Bro. Your reply are really educative. May Allah increase you in knowledge. Please, do well not to use abusive words like clown again Bro. Your reply is not only to correct the Christians but it also strengthen and remind Muslims about the deception of the kufar. Jazakumllahu khairan.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Scholar8200(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
mustymatic:

I heard a scholar talked about it. And I think that's the possible explanation.
Are you implying that Ragnarlodbrok's explanations are not correct? His posts are all based on the view that Mary was a descendant of Aaron.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
Are you implying that Ragnarlodbrok's explanations are not correct? His posts are all based on the view that Mary was a descendant of Aaron.

INDIRECT DESCENDANT.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
The Bible gives a good idea but not an
exact number of years on how old Mary
was when she gave birth to Jesus. the
onset of menstruation - during her
teenage years, and the wording in the
Bible points to this range:

Luke 1:26-34
"Now in the sixth month the angel
Gabriel was sent by God to a city of
Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin
BETROTHED TO A MAN whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The
virgin’s name was Mary. And having
come in, the angel said to her,
“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord
is with you; blessed are you AMONG
WOMEN!” But when she saw him, she
was troubled at his saying, and
considered what manner of greeting
this was. Then the angel said to her,
“Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have
found favor with God. And behold, you
will conceive in your womb and bring
forth a Son, and shall call His name
Jesus. He will be great, and will be
called the Son of the Highest; and the
Lord God will give Him the throne of
His father David. And He will reign
over the house of Jacob forever, and of
His kingdom there will be no end.”
Then Mary said to the angel, “How can
this be, since I do NOT KNOW A MAN?”

She is called a "VIRGIN," but also "AMONG WOMEN." When Gabriel announces her impending conception, she already is "BETROTHED TO A MAN " and expresses knowledge of the need for sexual intercourse to conceive: “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
According to the Bible, Mary was a teenager.

But according to the Quran, Mary was about 1,500 years old.

Quran 19:27-28
"Then she brought [Jesus] to her people, carrying him. They said, "O Mary, you have certainly done a thing unprecedented. O SISTER OF ARRON, your father was not a man of evil, nor was your mother unchaste." -

Quran 66:12
"And Mary, the DAUGHTER OF IMRAN , who guarded her chastity, and We breathed into (her body) of our spirit; and she believed in the words of her Lord and of His revelations, and was of the devoutly obedient."

But the Mary who is the "daughter of
Imran" (spelled "Amram" in the Bible)
and the "sister of Aaron" was the sister
of Moses who lived in the 15th century
BC:

Numbers 26:59
"The name of Amram's wife was
Jochebed the daughter of Levi, who
was born to Levi in Egypt; and to
Amram she bore Aaron and Moses and
their sister Miriam."

Therefore, unless Mary was 1,500 years
old when she had Jesus - indeed, unless
Joseph married a 1,500 year old virgin -
Muhammad mistook two different
women in the Bible as the same.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 7:06am On Jun 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
ezeauditore . What do you have to say here ?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 7:36am On Jul 17, 2016
malvisguy212:
the quran is a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Is 4EVERGOD, AKA NAIJADEYHIA? The Guy Who Said He has Raised The Dead. / This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN / Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.