Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) (43054 Views)

Kano Buys Hilux Vehicles, Tricycle Ambulances For Effective Health Care / LASTMA Official Slumps On Traffic Duty (PHOTO) / What's Your Excuse For Not Making It In Life (photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by dre11(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
A female tricycle operator in Lagos, Remi Johnson, is currently fighting for her life at the Federal Road Safety Commission hospital at Ojodu, Lagos following an attack by a LASTMA official.
P.M.NEWS gathered that Johnson, a widow and mother of two, was attacked by an official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority for pleading on behalf of her brother, Smart Ofariko, who was arrested at Ogba-Ojodu road for obstructing traffic.
Investigations revealed that Ofariko was arrested by LASTMA officials for parking his tricycle at Aguda Bus Stop to receive a phone call.
Narrating the incident to P.M.NEWS, Ofariko explained that he called Johnson when he was asked to pay N5,000 by the LASTMA officials. He denied obstructing traffic, saying that he parked his tricycle at a bus stop to receive his call.

When Johnson arrived, one of the LASTMA officials identified as Mr. Raimi Odukoya attached to Ojodu zone, asked her not to intervene in the matter and allegedly pushed her and she fell down, hitting her head on the floor.
She passed out and was rushed to the FRSC hospital along Ojodu-Berger Road by the LASTMA officials.

“My sister would have died but I thank God that the nurses on duty saved her life,” Ofariko stated during a visit to the hospital with our correspondent.
When contacted, Head of Public Relations Unit of LASTMA, Bola Ajao, said Johnson was not pushed or attacked by LASTMA officials as alleged.
She explained that Johnson collapsed when she was asked to pay a certain amount of money before her impounded tricycle would be released to her for preventing LASTMA officials from performing their duty.

“When I called LASTMA officers at Ojodu-Berger, they told me that Mrs. Johnson was not pushed but collapsed after being told to pay a certain amount of money before she could collect her impounded tricycle,” Ajao explained on phone.
Reacting to the incident, Chairman, Duact Accord Business Limited, the franchise operator for tricycle operators in Ojodu, Akeem Adebeso, expressed shock over the manner the widow was treated by LASTMA officials.
“We have reported the matter at the Ojodu Police Station. We can no longer tolerate the excesses of LASTMA officials in Ojodu. We want Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to intervene in this matter. Our members are always harassed by LASTMA officials and it is time to stop it,” he said.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/10/lastma-attack-female-tricycle-operator-battles-for-life/

cc lalasticlala

Picture of Mrs Remi Johnson still on hospital bed

1 Share

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by hawk05(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Shiwoooo!! Ndi mmadu

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by carzola(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
its tinubu that introduced this touts to society.

22 Likes

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by INTROVERT(f): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
Too bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by INTROVERT(f): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
hawk05:
Shiwoooo!! Ndi mmadu

See ya life

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by ArchEnemy(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
People hardly get sued for stuffs like this in Nigeria

So the menace is gonna continue

17 Likes

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by dre11(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Head of Public Relations Unit of LASTMA, Bola Ajao, said Johnson was not pushed or attacked by LASTMA officials as alleged.
She explained that Johnson collapsed when she was asked to pay a certain amount of money

How is it possible for someone to just collapse because you ask her to pay 5,000 naira

This LASTMA official is just lying

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by DahtzFestjayz: 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by hawk05(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:

See ya life
hehehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by wachakuta(m): 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
Delete d LATSMA guy shap shap

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by ZACHIE: 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is no small joke.
It should be a litmus test of whatever decency remains in us as a people if the victims should go to court.
What law has the brother contravened?
Is packing to receive phone calls an infraction of any known law in Nigeria, including Fashola.s draconian laws?
And what absurdity with the claim that the struggling lady passed out because of a supposed fine, what crass opprobious absurdity !!
Even if she bashed a Ferrari is it enough to make her pass out?
Lastma just stepped on a snakes tail.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by ijustdey: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
LASTMA and their wahala......

they always acts like they are the kings of the road with all this transport service operators
some transporters have abandoned their vehicle and tricycle just because of their excesses
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by lekjons(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
if the guy na Warri boy(streetwise)..(that moment when u have the ego to shakara a security official* Guy:do u want to kill ma sista, are u mad?!, LASTMA:take it easy sir, i only... Guy:shut the f**k up!! LASTMA:yessir!!) the guy don get free bail walahi gringrin

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by kullozone(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
kai!!

This is ridiculous....sometimes I wish I can be invincible anytime I want.Wetin I go take all these people eyes see ehn!!

And the other ediot denied everything.He doesn't even know how to lie sef.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by UnknownT: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Civilians can be more brutal and wicked than Military personnels when given "Paramilitary" power. Check Lastma, Kai, Timariv, and some of our local vigilante members. Its annoying angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by DrSage(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
I pray it doesnt end up being tragedic. LASTMA has done more harm than good to our society.
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by Thallyheart(f): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lord have mercy
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by gbaskiboy: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
I thought they are train to control and to direct traffic, shey taekwando is part of their training

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by luckyboss(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
waoooo this world is not easy ooooo
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by kestolove95(m): 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ma catch any lastma first
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by kamez(m): 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
seriously this LASTMA guys are thorn in the flesh.

I almost exchanged blows with one of them last week Thursday but when I saw some military guys patrolling the area, I just kukuma respect myself follow them go office..

had to bail my car with the money I had already reserved for weekend grooving. it wasn't funny at all

but I Don mark that guy face sha.. anyday I catch am one on one for Festac, him own Don finish be dat

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by adebayo201: 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Everybody just dey show power all around... BH, police now LASTMA ...

but wait oh... is it possible to faint mere asking of money
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by goodlifehyd(m): 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by loadedmax(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
We no get respect for human life thats why we dey muscle anybody we strong pass. Must She collapse in presence of people with reputation for violence? They better pray She gets better oo
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by priscaoge(f): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
These niggas can shaa lie for Africa angry angry angry... She fainted because she was asked to pay #5000?? Ohhh puuuuulllllease angry angry I wish u quick recovery Ma'am
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by Segadem(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
That's why they are called LAST MAN I'm still waiting for a day they will be reckon with as FIRST MAN .
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by Segadem(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
loadedmax:
We no get respect for human life thats why we dey muscle anybody we strong pass. Must She collapse in presence of people with reputation for violence? They better pray She gets better oo
I didn't get u.
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by admax(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
LASTMA... you guys should have stopped all this harassment, why pushing people because of ordinary traffic offence? Nonsense.
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by ekmike(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
lies lies lies...poor woman! speedy recovery
Re: LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
LASTMA is lying!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others / Man Dies Hours Before His Flight To The UK For His Masters Programme / Preserve Your Sperm & Eggs For Future - Gynecologist Advises Career Ladies, Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.