Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,389 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:40 PM

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy (45300 Views)

Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) / Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy / Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Mopolchi: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by wearerelated: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
UK embassey officers can be very annoying.

They sit there and make judgments that are way off the truth and they hold on to their conclusion like some gods.

Get your lawyer and hit back with your facts.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by jorel1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
Can Nigerian embassy abroad seized a foreigners passport?

4 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by DEngineer(m): 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
You need to know that they must have evidence to drive home their point. Secondly, if you are certain you are right about ur defence, then get a good lawyer.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
raayah:
Was the stamp legally obtained?
Can you prove that flight to Nigeria with airline tickets?

Contact Nigerian Immigration Services and also the Nigerian airport that you landed in and the Airline you travelled with. It might be a fake stamp but maybe its not your fault.

Request a letter/proof showing that you were in Nigeria at that period. If possible show pictures , luggage tags e.t.c.

This should help.
Best advice, he already said it all

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by olapluto(m): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
The passport is actually a property of the Federal republic of Nigeria. You can demand it back.

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by nonslike: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
You funny one

So you are new here and want us to ask you any hard questions abi?

1. How come you are just coming to NL after all the time you have been alive ?
oyiduman01:
I,m a new member here...pls ask me any hard question on canada or uk visit visa...n also open to new idear too.

10 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by eaglechild: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Does the British embassy have a right to seize a foreigner's passport based on an alleged crime committed outside the UK?

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Bongiboy83: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
Your travel itinerary should establish if you came to Nigeria at the time you claimed. There should be a record of your trip to Nigeria and back to the UK, either with the airlines or any other professional services you used. Your bank statement can also show your location through your spending during these period. I believe that you can gather the information, put it together and write to the UK Embassy, not only establishing your presence in Nigeria but also demanding a formal apology from the UK Visa Authorities for the poor treatment you have received and the malicious lies against your person.

Like I said, if you actually came back like you said.

4 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by MadCow1: 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Dear OP,

Stamp fraud is as old as it gets and is perpetuated by most third world nation's with lax immigrations officials.
Many nation's have caught on and are now taking steps to tackle this issue. What obtains now is that people over stay on their Visas and then leave the country at their own time and then back date the entry stamp on arrival against their next trip to make it appear like they actually abided by the time on the Visa. I know this first hand and I have even done it a couple of times before myself.

However my curiosity got the better of me and I investigated how foolproof this system is and found that it's easy for the immigrations to bust this scam. You will remember that their is the self check in machine at the airport where you input your passport and get your boarding pass from, that infomation is shared between the airlines and immigrations. The airports that don't have it still send flight manifests to the immigrations services. Now if an immigrations official chooses to query your application, they simply pull your details and cross check it against flight manifests for the day in question that you claimed to have left.

my advice to you is that you either query it if your claims Are genuine or just let it slide if they are right. It's one or the other. They UK can't size a valid Nigerian passport without reason.

check yourself.

14 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by uracocksucker: 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
anonymousone:
Hi guys,
I was recently denied a UK visa by the british embassy for allegedly fraudulently obtaining an immigration stamp on my passport. The said passport has also been impounded. i'll summarize the main part of the story below
I had gotten into UK from another country(legal residence here), spent a couple of weeks, came down to nigeria, spent a month, went back to the UK spent a few days before returning to that country. These events happened over 2 yrs ago
However my refusal is based on the premise that i never made that trip to nigeria. that i had instead spent the entire time in the uk before that return trip to that country. It claims that the Nigerian entry immigration stamp as such was fraudulently obtained.They have therefore denied me visa on this basis and seized my passport as a result.
It should be noted i had been granted Visa after those trips by the UK embassy but was applying for a renewal.

Any ideas what to do next would be very helpful.

apply for AN APPEAL or a JUDICIAL REVIEW that's all you can do BUT lets get things straight if you dont have a genuine case you might end up making things worse for yourself ..I honestly dont think you have one but hey, what do i KNOW

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by MadCow1: 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
olapluto:
The passport is actually a property of the Federal republic of Nigeria. You can demand it back.

The passport can be sized if they believe it's being used to commit a crime. It would later be returned to the Nigerian Immigrations Service afterwards.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by aril: 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
tociano009:
Fake visa is on your passport

You are spot on.

Regardless of those pple given her hope here about how to recover her passport back. Her being band isn't a one consular decision and her file had gone through scrutiny before a band was given.

If her lawyer is working on it why is she seeking comfort here. She better don't do anything funny again otherwise she may get a jail term and a life time band as well.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by danla44(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
Sue them, I will be willing to represent you....
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Nuhusky: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hahahaha u dnt follow due process UK Visa is not like Nigeria Visa wey if u get money u will hav it follow the process one after the other no short cut
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by andyanders: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
anonymousone:

Thanks guys for the response. I'm a frequent traveller and was even in the uk as recently as early this year, i would not jeopardize my travel chances by doing something as flimsy as that. and Yes i made the trip to nigeria. I even had some official stuffs done during that period. My problem is the consular officer obviously did not take the pain to obviously look through my passport to see a re-entry stamp into UK after the trip to nigeria. There's no reason to come to this forum and lie about my situation. Its even alien to me that people would actually get stamps and all that. Ive never heard that before .

You were been asked if you did obtain any Immigration stamp through the back door or you gave someone to have them stamped.Answer this aspect of the question.
If you did not, then you have to seek for legal redress in order to have them return your passport because they do not commit any offence in their country or here.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by omonnakoda: 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
Honestly you seem evasive and not straightforward when asked very simple and direct questions.

What dates did you travel
With Which airline
How did you pay,credit card /Bank Card?
Have you got proof of payment
Did you retain your boarding cards
If you booked online you will have some email confirmation
If you booked with a travel agency contact them
Too much talk na lie dey inside

IF you have evidence of you travel then tender it

If those are the ONLY grounds for their action then I expect them to reverse themselves

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Damalex4luv(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
aril:

You are spot on.

Regardless of those pple given her hope here about how to recover her passport back. Her being band isn't a one consular decision and her file had gone through scrutiny before a band was given.

If her lawyer is working on it why is she seeking comfort here. She better don't do anything funny again otherwise she may get a jail term and a life time band as well.

Banned not band

7 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by guiddoti: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
eluquenson:
Your passport will be sent to Abuja Immigration office, act fast by getting a good lawyer or else you land in Kirikiri cos it happened to my friend's cousin whereby he had to pay up to 80k for destruction of the passport at immigration office.
He was alleged that the Ghana stamp on the passport was fake
Your post had answer my worries. I imagine if it is legal for UK to seized another person's national identity. The said passport should be sent to the country's high commission in UK just as you have said.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Lakeland4321: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
eaglechild:
Does the British embassy have a right to seize a foreigner's passport based on an alleged crime committed outside the UK?

the embassy premises is 'britain' so you are assumed to have 'lied' to a consul officer on british soil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by erico2k2(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
eaglechild:
Yes they do but they will ha e to return the passport to the Imigration office of the country to whom the passport belongs to.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by erico2k2(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
omonnakoda:
Honestly you seem evasive and not straightforward when asked very simple and direct questions.

What dates did you travel
With Which airline
How did you pay,credit card /Bank Card?
Have you got proof of payment
Did you retain your boarding cards
If you booked online you will have some email confirmation
If you booked with a travel agency contact them
Too much talk na lie dey inside

IF you have evidence of you travel then tender it

If those are the ONLY grounds for their action then I expect them to reverse themselves
we know the score bro.he knows what he did hence no answers to them basic questions..those officials ain't stupid. They. Can check an airline manifesto
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tociano009(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
aril:

You are spot on.

Tell him pls
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by guiddoti: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
shalomm:

but na true him yan na. are we all lawyers? abi you go dey ask mechanic how to treat cancer? Pls let us be reasonable and logical. God bless you and have a wonderful day.
did you mean mechanic has blocked head as you. An idea from mechanic can save doctor's helpless estate bro. dont rank yourself too low. Add value
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by dhorlipizzu(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
I think i have something to say here. Most of the time, i always watch and read posts only. Getting those documents like previous travel tickets, calling or contacting NIS(Nigeria Immigration Service), getting Police Clearance etc, cannot solve the issue. I am sure these person has been banned already, i mean, he must have been banned together with the passport seizure by the British Embassy. These events has been unfolding for a while now, not very long, i think the UK embassy started these crazy steps late last year. Such happened to someone too. She and her husband are frequent travellers to the UK, and already had two years on their passport. I applied for their renewal but seperately. We applied first for the wife, then later the husband's. Unfortunately there was a delay of more than a month before the consular took a decision and withheld her old passport which contains the UK visas. Then they released the new passport she attached to it. She was also banned for ten years, with an option to appeal. Several applicants were also banned even elderly people and very rich people. We met them @ the VFS at Ikeja complaining about their passport seizure and ban. One VFS officer told us its a new crazy trend by the UK embassy. so i was really sad and started making deep enquiries. It was later that she told me the truth that actually she applied to spend 3 weeks in London, but everytime she spends more than that, she used to tip the Immigration officers @ the airport with some dollar so as to back stamp the date for her! I immediately cancel her husband's appointment & applied for his refund. So if you are among those people that do back stamp @ d airport, well you are most likely to face such dilema. just forget your passport!

Bro good point.... would love to ask ya more about the visa stuff as am a first timer... got a whitey girlfriend and I was asked to come over, the worst is I don't even have passport for now buh I wanna start applying... she's a native of u.k

So can you tell me the documents I need to make available for the visa application?
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by omonnakoda: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
erico2k2:

we know the score bro.he knows what he did hence no answers to them basic questions..those officials ain't stupid. They. Can check an airline manifesto
So why not just keep quiet instead of creating a stupid thread

The only advise I would give is when you are being questioned be sure you have not been cautioned because in some countries if you lie under caution you are playing with up to 5 years in prison.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by bayulll01(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
oyiduman01:
I,m a new member here...pls ask me any hard question on canada or uk visit visa...n also open to new idear too.

What do u know about semi-skilled immigration canadian program,and how can someone apply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by aril: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
MadCow1:
Dear OP,

Stamp fraud is as old as it gets and is perpetuated by most third world nation's with lax immigrations officials.
Many nation's have caught on and are now taking steps to tackle this issue. What obtains now is that people over stay on their Visas and then leave the country at their own time and then back date the entry stamp on arrival against their next trip to make it appear like they actually abided by the time on the Visa. I know this first hand and I have even done it a couple of times before myself.

However my curiosity got the better of me and I investigated how foolproof this system is and found that it's easy for the immigrations to bust this scam. You will remember that their is the self check in machine at the airport where you input your passport and get your boarding pass from, that infomation is shared between the airlines and immigrations. The airports that don't have it still send flight manifests to the immigrations services. Now if an immigrations official chooses to query your application, they simply pull your details and cross check it against flight manifests for the day in question that you claimed to have left.

my advice to you is that you either query it if your claims Are genuine or just let it slide if they are right. It's one or the other. They UK can't size a valid Nigerian passport without reason.

check yourself.

Madcow1 I couldn't agree with you more. She thought she hasn't been checked. Now her lawyer will just be collecting unecessary charges from her.

Again... I am not expecting any other counter argument from her. Folks shouldn't encourage her such tht she will be thinking their is still hope to get her hand on the passport back.

Madcow1 thumbs up for u again.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by eaglechild: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lakeland4321:

the embassy premises is 'britain' so you are assumed to have 'lied' to a consul officer on british soil

Yes I know it is British soil.

I guess I didn't consider the lying aspect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure / Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) / Anambra Int'l Airport: Passengers Picking Their Luggages From Carousel: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.