Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy (45359 Views)

Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) / Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy / Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by omonnakoda: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
eaglechild:
Does the British embassy have a right to seize a foreigner's passport based on an alleged crime committed outside the UK?
Potentially there are many crimes here of which Conspiracy comes readily to mind I am sure they can come up with otherr counts such as lying or failing to disclose relevant information when questioned etc all of which would fall within their jurisdiction. Some Nigerians think they are clever not realizing the reason the house owner ignores the cockroach sometimes is because it is not edible

3 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by madridsta007(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
J
anonymousone:
Hi guys,
I was recently denied a UK visa by the british embassy for allegedly fraudulently obtaining an immigration stamp on my passport. The said passport has also been impounded. i'll summarize the main part of the story below
I had gotten into UK from another country(legal residence here), spent a couple of weeks, came down to nigeria, spent a month, went back to the UK spent a few days before returning to that country. These events happened over 2 yrs ago
However my refusal is based on the premise that i never made that trip to nigeria. that i had instead spent the entire time in the uk before that return trip to that country. It claims that the Nigerian entry immigration stamp as such was fraudulently obtained.They have therefore denied me visa on this basis and seized my passport as a result.
It should be noted i had been granted Visa after those trips by the UK embassy but was applying for a renewal.

Any ideas what to do next would be very helpful.

You can only obtain back your passport and get the ban reversed if you are able to prove them wrong with respect to the issues why the ban was made.

I suggest that you be very honest with them.

The following can help; flight iteniary, photos on that day, text messages to friends of your trip, receipts- if you got anything on the airplane or airport or if you used a taxi- call logs they could listen to, signed statement from your contacts indicating that you did travel and the reason for the trip- literally everything and anything.

If you have a good immigration record, state it in a cover letter to them. And clean police record. They consider such things.

With these you should be fine.

If you did not make that trip, it would be a risk appealing.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by oluwarantimi(f): 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
shalomm:

but na true him yan na. are we all lawyers? abi you go dey ask mechanic how to treat cancer? Pls let us be reasonable and logical. God bless you and have a wonderful day.
you don't have to comment if you don't have anything to say its has simple as that. The Op didnt force anyone to make a comment.

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by aril: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
Damalex4luv:

Banned not band

thanks for the correction. na my phone autocorrect they change am to band ja re. I no get time to dey edit, abi na me dey inside passport wahala ni.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by opeyemi361: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
First of all, do you have your boarding pass? If you don't have, then your case is a bit difficult. Don't think they are stupid. Before leaving the UK, there is a gate with which you can open with your burden pass. It will record your information. Maybe you used it and back dated when you got to Nigeria. If you have your boarding pass, forget pictures, pictures can't prove anything, there is nothing Nigerian Immigration candidate do, it's only your pass, that's all. then let your lawyer fight the case for you. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by chuose: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
It is wrong for them to seize a Nigerian Passport because it's Nigeria Property not theirs.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by ZUBY77(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
raayah:
Was the stamp legally obtained?
Can you prove that flight to Nigeria with airline tickets?

Contact Nigerian Immigration Services and also the Nigerian airport that you landed in and the Airline you travelled with. It might be a fake stamp but maybe its not your fault.

Request a letter/proof showing that you were in Nigeria at that period. If possible show pictures , luggage tags e.t.c.

This should help.

There is no need advising him here. He didn't come to Nigeria at all.
I did something like this back in Europe.
Portuguese resident permit and I obtained Slovakia visa in Berlin germany.
When I returned to Nigeria, I went to Slovakia embassy in Abuja, thinking that since I have their visa, it would be easy to obtain a new one but no...

So the op is not telling us something here. Trust me.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Hakagure: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Do the right thing.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by raayah(f): 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
ZUBY77:

There is no need advising him here. He didn't come to Nigeria at all.
I did something like this back in Europe.
Portuguese resident permit and I obtained Slovakia visa in Berlin germany.
When I returned to Nigeria, I went to Slovakia embassy in Abuja, thinking that since I have their visa, it would be easy to obtain a new one but no...

So the op is not telling us something here. Trust me.
You make sense!

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Emmahunk(m): 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
There are several reasons why renewal of a visa could be denied ranging from their claim of illegaly obtained entry /departure endorsements (stamp) to unsatisfactory travel history.
Howeve , the fact that your Passport was seized points to the fact that they are convinced that fraud has taken place, in this case, the entry or departure endorsement.
Your passport can however, be recovered on application from the office of the Comptroller passport, Immigration hqts, Suaka Village, Airport Road Abuja.
Guy, make sure say your hands are clean ooo before you Waka reach there

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by helovesme(f): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
back dating an entry or exit stamp is mere stupiidity. threats of terrorism has led to more data sharing between airlines and government/security agencies, logging of information at entry/exit points, automated boarding gates, etc, so it's virtually impossible.

4 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Hostermipo(m): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
anonymousone:

On their refusal letter, it states that the decision is not up for appeal or administrative review. Should i also add that they still have my passport as well
what I will advice you to do is to get in touch with the Nigeria High Commission in UK, I don't think things can work by doing it alone. inform the Nigeria High commission as soon as possible, that is your country in Uk
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Guillotine(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=opeyemi361 post=35812859]First of all, do you have your burden pass? If you don't have, then your case is a bit difficult. Don't think they are stupid. Before leaving the UK, there is a gate with which you can open with your burden pass. It will record your information. Maybe you used it and back dated when you got to Nigeria. If you have your burden pass, forget pictures, pictures can't prove anything, there is nothing Nigerian Immigration candidate do, it's only your pass, that's all. then let your lawyer fight the case for you. Goodluck [/quote

Boarding pass and not "burden pass"
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by rafcrown(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
THEY are really acting funny nowadays.Even some leagal marriages they turn them into Sham Mariages.If you have not done anything wrong and they just miscarry justice,YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND YOU WILL WIN.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by bettercreature(m): 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
It's called chop in,chop out,you don't need to tell us the truth because it's obvious
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tdmoggy: 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
The British High Commission has no right to seize a Nigerian Passport in the first place.
If you can prove that you indeed entered Nigeria and left UK. Put your evidence together and sue them in the UK court.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by bettercreature(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
tdmoggy:
The British High Commission has no right to seize a Nigerian Passport in the first place.
If you can prove that you indeed entered Nigeria and left UK. Put your evidence together and sue them in the UK court.
He can not prove it,he is just trying to make mockery of their data base,these people are not fool they have checked his data and they have found out he didnt pass through their immigration check point in the uk,we dont need to argue over this because am sure the OP knows the truth

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by harveyspec: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
MadCow1:
Dear OP,

Stamp fraud is as old as it gets and is perpetuated by most third world nation's with lax immigrations officials.
Many nation's have caught on and are now taking steps to tackle this issue. What obtains now is that people over stay on their Visas and then leave the country at their own time and then back date the entry stamp on arrival against their next trip to make it appear like they actually abided by the time on the Visa. I know this first hand and I have even done it a couple of times before myself.

However my curiosity got the better of me and I investigated how foolproof this system is and found that it's easy for the immigrations to bust this scam. You will remember that their is the self check in machine at the airport where you input your passport and get your boarding pass from, that infomation is shared between the airlines and immigrations. The airports that don't have it still send flight manifests to the immigrations services. Now if an immigrations official chooses to query your application, they simply pull your details and cross check it against flight manifests for the day in question that you claimed to have left.

my advice to you is that you either query it if your claims Are genuine or just let it slide if they are right. It's one or the other. They UK can't size a valid Nigerian passport without reason.

check yourself.

I thought when you are exiting a country, there will be an exit stamp by that country & when you land in your destination, there will be an entry stamp

So how can one back date any?

If I leave the Uk today & arrive US tomorrow & then Nigeria next week, how can Nigerian immigration backdate my entry stamp last week, when There is an exit stamp by US on my passport

Pls Can you throw more light on this

3 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tdmoggy: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
On the Nigeria front:
Try and get official confirmation from Nigeria that you did enter / leave UK
Get airline information (boarding pass etc.)
Get personal statements from people that you did work /functions with when you came to Nigeria
Pictures if any

On your home front:
Get Written statement from your wife / friends / Acquaintances in your base, confirming your absence and travel itinerary as far as they are knowledgeable about it.
Any information and or evidence when you travelled to UK Airport (e.g. taxi receipts etc.) into the UK and Out of the UK.

Gather all the evidence you can substantiating your position. Then put together a letter (with the help of a lawyer) and give the British High Commission a set time to review and reverse their decision, failing which you will take legal action.
If they do not acquiesce and your evidence is correct, then consider suing them in the UK courts.

I must add that you must make sure you are genuinely honest and telling the truth,. DO NOT FABRICATE ANY EVIDENCE as it will backfire

Good luck

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by helovesme(f): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
harveyspec:

I thought when you are exiting a country, there will be an exit stamp by that country & when you land in your destination, there will be an entry stamp

If I leave the Uk today & arrive US tomorrow & then Nigeria next week, how can Nigerian immigration backdate my entry stamp last week, when There is an exit stamp by US on my passport

Not all countries stamp a passport on departure and UK is one of them. It requires more staff at the border and as part of cost saving/cost cutting measures, they do not have staff at their airports doing this.

Except things have changed though.

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by sule4: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
They UK can't size a valid Nigerian passport without reason.

check yourself.
[/quote]
In that sense, yes she can can! Seize is not the right way of looking at it, though. They're in possession of it for......... You feel in the gap for what you did or didn't do. Ask em if you can pick it up at the Niger cons. They do it to Americans a lot, and ask you to pick it up later or in Newyork.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Damalex4luv(m): 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
aril:

thanks for the correction. na my phone autocorrect they change am to band ja re. I no get time to dey edit, abi na me dey inside passport wahala ni.
Good! You have manners had it been some other girls they would have resulted to abusing me. Have a nice day

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by fpeter(f): 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
on this thread i have seen words spelt terribly or wrongly used...

people using BEEN instead of BEING
SIZE instead of SEIZE

SIZED instead of SEIZED... cry

3 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by conyema12(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
dhorlipizzu:

Bro good point.... would love to ask ya more about the visa stuff as am a first timer... got a whitey girlfriend and I was asked to come over, the worst is I don't even have passport for now buh I wanna start applying... she's a native of u.k

So can you tell me the documents I need to make available for the visa application?

How are you sure she is who you claim she is...Naija guys Abeg no go carry 75yr old woman oooololool grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by erico2k2(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hostermipo:
what I will advice you to do is to get in touch with the Nigeria High Commission in UK, I don't think things can work by doing it alone. inform the Nigeria High commission as soon as possible, that is your country in Uk
I think it's the embassy in Nigeria.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by erico2k2(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
fpeter:
on this thread i have seen words spelt terribly or wrongly used...

people using BEEN instead of BEING
SIZE instead of SEIZE

SIZED instead of SEIZED... cry
it's called text type.u do not expect me to proof read my message typed on mobile phone wen it's nt a Job interview and don't earn scores or reward.wen we gt to English class then Yeh until then izallgood grin
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tpiander: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
I think something is probably going on or about to start with immigration and the op wants to see if there's a loophole that can be exploited.

My opinion.

There's some fingerprint altering stuff on another thread.

Maybe terrorist things being planned, hope I'm wrong.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by lima10: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
Just like yesterday!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by dhorlipizzu(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
conyema12:

How are you sure she is who you claim she is...Naija guys Abeg no go carry 75yr old woman oooololool grin grin grin grin

Bros I no care... am going over to make that bread... and moreover we do talk steady video messages and many more... trust me... just update me about the visa stuff... tanx sir
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tpiander: 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
lima10:
Just like yesterday!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by muzeze77: 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
Can a country legally seize the passport of another country?can they try that with an American citizen
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by MadCow1: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
harveyspec:

Most European, AMERICAN and Canadian Airports have no immigration stand at the departure terminals..

Reason being they are more interested in stopping people entering illegally than leaving.

So NO, you don't get an exit stamp when leaving the UK by Air or even rail.. (Atleast I am sure of those 2). Same for the United States and Canada as well. Infact most European Nation's too.

So the only stamps you get on your passport are the entry stamp into the European or American or Canadian Airport and the exit stamp you get is the arrival stamp at the destination country (in this case Nigeria).

So what people do is that when they arrive Nigeria, they will pally with the immigrations guys and they will walk them through the check in counter and just hand them their passports unstamped or stamped with a pre-season date depending on the type of scam you are running. It does not hurt Nigeria per se as you can't be deported from your home nation, but it affects the Country you are scamming.

It's an old trick but I researched it and found out that the scam is very weak and when it shows, it ends up not being worth it as you lose your Visa, get banned and sometimes deported and your opportunity of ever entering that country again diminishes greatly. Sometimes in the case of the EU, you may never enter Europe again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) / Man Who Rode Bicycle From Denmark To Nigeria Received In Calabar. Photos / UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.