Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy (45358 Views)

Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) / Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy / Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Bode69(m): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
oyiduman01:
I,m a new member here...pls ask me any hard question on canada or uk visit visa...n also open to new idear too.
please I need your contact concerning visa processing.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by babseg(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
TO EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE

DO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT SO SEIZE OTHER COUNTRY'S TRAVEL DOCUMENT(PASSPORT)?
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
If you obtained a legal stamp, then you are a big boy.

Please don't bother begging or explaining to them. Get a human rights lawyer and sue for damages.

Guy share the money ooo. Lol.

Of course be sure you got a genuine Stamp.

Enjoy the money.

anonymousone:

Thanks guys for the response. I'm a frequent traveller and was even in the uk as recently as early this year, i would not jeopardize my travel chances by doing something as flimsy as that. and Yes i made the trip to nigeria. I even had some official stuffs done during that period. My problem is the consular officer obviously did not take the pain to obviously look through my passport to see a re-entry stamp into UK after the trip to nigeria. There's no reason to come to this forum and lie about my situation. Its even alien to me that people would actually get stamps and all that. Ive never heard that before .
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by fpeter(f): 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
erico2k2:

it's called text type.u do not expect me to proof read my message typed on mobile phone wen it's nt a Job interview and don't earn scores or reward.wen we gt to English class then Yeh until then izallgood grin

but i no call u nah grin
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by patpeypey: 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Tr
anonymousone:
Hi guys,
I was recently denied a UK visa by the british embassy for allegedly fraudulently obtaining an immigration stamp on my passport. The said passport has also been impounded. i'll summarize the main part of the story below
I had gotten into UK from another country(legal residence here), spent a couple of weeks, came down to nigeria, spent a month, went back to the UK spent a few days before returning to that country. These events happened over 2 yrs ago
However my refusal is based on the premise that i never made that trip to nigeria. that i had instead spent the entire time in the uk before that return trip to that country. It claims that the Nigerian entry immigration stamp as such was fraudulently obtained.They have therefore denied me visa on this basis and seized my passport as a result.
It should be noted i had been granted Visa after those trips by the UK embassy but was applying for a renewal.

Any ideas what to do next would be very helpful.

1. The UK High commission has actually determined a case of fraud and unfortunately the protocol is to ban you for a minimum of 10yrs and seize your passport.
2. Your passport would be sent to the Nigerian Immigration where they would do their own investigation and invite you to their office.
3.'depending on what they find you could pay a fine ooo land in jail.
4. I do recommend that you get an immigration lawyer in the UK mot help you.
5.'get a Nigerian lawyer for immigration here.
6. Keep all your documents that support your case especially your ticket. Or flight itinerary
7. Make sure there is NO EVIDENCE OF YOU BEING IN THE UK WHILE YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BE IN NIGERIA. ATM withdrawals, bank withdrawals , purchases or interviews all point to you being in the UK.
8. Pray
9. Wish you best of luck.

5 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by omooba969(m): 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
jorel1:
Can Nigerian embassy abroad seized a foreigners passport?

The seizing of fraudulent passports might av bin a working agreement btw d 2 immigration services i.e 9ja & UK, d consular officers of d UK embassy ( I believe ) is acting within his official powers.

If 9ja were to av such working agreement wit any country they will do likewise but foreigners can be sure dat wit little egunje their passports will be returned hale&hearty. grin

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by omooba969(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
dhorlipizzu:

Bro good point.... would love to ask ya more about the visa stuff as am a first timer... got a whitey girlfriend and I was asked to come over, the worst is I don't even have passport for now buh I wanna start applying... she's a native of u.k

So can you tell me the documents I need to make available for the visa application?

Go online & inquire, do ur research more so there r guidelines online & FAQs wud also help in some ways. Dnt try to follow d lead of ppl who r not qualified to collate visa requirement documents. They DO NOT Knw anything ! cool
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
anonymousone:

Thanks for your concern, well they admitted to using cunning ways because they know they did. except you telling me to admit what i did not do. I maintain it was a human error on the part of the consular. My lawyer is handling it. i would hope they'll be humble enough to admit a mistake on their part.

Ok, giving u the benefit of doubt, as I usually do,
Personally, for aesthetic reasons, I keep my airline boarding passes. Probably cus I haven't traveled enough and still excited about them.
But anyways, in your case, if you are squeaky clean as u have said, then this is a no-brainer.
The airline will fish out your record and you can sue! I know I will sue! God, I will sue! I don't care about any country messing me up if I didn't mess up, cus I'm gonna mess them up too.
I will file a case in the office of the public offender and it will be on record, except they agree to a pay-off and reinstatement of my rights and damages, otherwise, I will sue, whether I win or lose, and it will be documented.
But u love the U.K too much, so, just take it easy, ok. You'll be just fine.

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by harveyspec: 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
MadCow1:

Most European, AMERICAN and Canadian Airports have no immigration stand at the departure terminals..

Reason being they are more interested in stopping people entering illegally than leaving.

So NO, you don't get an exit stamp when leaving the UK by Air or even rail.. (Atleast I am sure of those 2). Same for the United States and Canada as well. Infact most European Nation's too.

So the only stamps you get on your passport are the entry stamp into the European or American or Canadian Airport and the exit stamp you get is the arrival stamp at the destination country (in this case Nigeria).

So what people do is that when they arrive Nigeria, they will pally with the immigrations guys and they will walk them through the check in counter and just hand them their passports unstamped or stamped with a pre-season date depending on the type of scam you are running. It does not hurt Nigeria per se as you can't be deported from your home nation, but it affects the Country you are scamming.

It's an old trick but I researched it and found out that the scam is very weak and when it shows, it ends up not being worth it as you lose your Visa, get banned and sometimes deported and your opportunity of ever entering that country again diminishes greatly. Sometimes in the case of the EU, you may never enter Europe again.

Thanks, now I get it

So I over stay & when I get to Nigeria, I will back date the stamp to make it look like I stayed within the stipulated time

why engage in such gamble in this infotech age, now I understand why the penalty is banning

How do you account for your airline tickets, boarding pass for that date

I hope he will brief the house on the outcome of his appeal
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by badesco(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
I am of the opinion that you did not return to nigeria as claimed but only send your pp to somebody at home to assist for stamping. This is a normal practice in the past but not applicable any longer. You will need real proof to get out of this. wish you luck.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tuscani: 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
if want genuine help send me a mail
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
MadCow1:

Most European, AMERICAN and Canadian Airports have no immigration stand at the departure terminals..

Reason being they are more interested in stopping people entering illegally than leaving.

So NO, you don't get an exit stamp when leaving the UK by Air or even rail.. (Atleast I am sure of those 2). Same for the United States and Canada as well. Infact most European Nation's too.

So the only stamps you get on your passport are the entry stamp into the European or American or Canadian Airport and the exit stamp you get is the arrival stamp at the destination country (in this case Nigeria).

So what people do is that when they arrive Nigeria, they will pally with the immigrations guys and they will walk them through the check in counter and just hand them their passports unstamped or stamped with a pre-season date depending on the type of scam you are running. It does not hurt Nigeria per se as you can't be deported from your home nation, but it affects the Country you are scamming.

It's an old trick but I researched it and found out that the scam is very weak and when it shows, it ends up not being worth it as you lose your Visa, get banned and sometimes deported and your opportunity of ever entering that country again diminishes greatly. Sometimes in the case of the EU, you may never enter Europe again.
No Bro, you get an exit stamp when you leave the UK. I got severally.
@OP, plz in God's Name, do not go near the NIS office for that passport if you know you did something wrong, knowingly or not. (Ignorance is no excuse).
I am pretty sure your Passport would have been delivered to them with 72 hrs according to immigration rules.
And one more thing, relocate to a new environment and change ur name if possible.
Our NIS guys are CCRRAAZZZYYY these days

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by otiigba1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
I suspect fowl play
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by gmemdee(m): 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=Guillotine post=35814622][/quote]
Oga you sure are pedantic smiley.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by ManTiger(m): 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
Seize my kpali for Wetin? Na dia money I use collect am?

At OP, lemme teach you something.

Get some jobless youth, you might need a politician in your ward to get those boys, buy placard for them with many inscriptions and storm their High Commission.

Bring Back Our Passport go do. cheesy
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by leonshom(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
I think i have something to say here. Most of the time, i always watch and read posts only. Getting those documents like previous travel tickets, calling or contacting NIS(Nigeria Immigration Service), getting Police Clearance etc, cannot solve the issue. I am sure these person has been banned already, i mean, he must have been banned together with the passport seizure by the British Embassy. These events has been unfolding for a while now, not very long, i think the UK embassy started these crazy steps late last year. Such happened to someone too. She and her husband are frequent travellers to the UK, and already had two years on their passport. I applied for their renewal but seperately. We applied first for the wife, then later the husband's. Unfortunately there was a delay of more than a month before the consular took a decision and withheld her old passport which contains the UK visas. Then they released the new passport she attached to it. She was also banned for ten years, with an option to appeal. Several applicants were also banned even elderly people and very rich people. We met them @ the VFS at Ikeja complaining about their passport seizure and ban. One VFS officer told us its a new crazy trend by the UK embassy. so i was really sad and started making deep enquiries. It was later that she told me the truth that actually she applied to spend 3 weeks in London, but everytime she spends more than that, she used to tip the Immigration officers @ the airport with some dollar so as to back stamp the date for her! I immediately cancel her husband's appointment & applied for his refund. So if you are among those people that do back stamp @ d airport, well you are most likely to face such dilema. just forget your passport!
Not just last year, Uk embassy av bin doing such long ago, i witnessed same case in 2011 at Abuja, following d seizure of a frequent traveller's passport as she claimed. But, one thing i know a out the white is that, if there's no good reason, they wouldn't av seized it, d worst is to refuse u d visa.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by donugapi(m): 9:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
You do not get an exit stamp when you leave the UK nowadays. At least in the past 5 years, i've never had my passport stamped when leaving... If you did, the Embassy would have seen this on his passport and he wouldn't be having this problem...

Gabbysky:

@OP, plz in God's Name, do not go near the NIS office for that passport if you know you did something wrong, knowingly or not. (Ignorance is no excuse).
I am pretty sure your Passport would have been delivered to them with 72 hrs according to immigration rules.
And one more thing, relocate to a new environment and change ur name if possible.

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by OOLUSOGA(m): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
i think with some meaningful contributions from this trend, the effort of your lawyer and with the support of GOD things shall work out in your FAVOUR. goodluck
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by TruthSpeaker: 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
You don't sound genuine, I'm convinced you are being economical with the full truth. In as much as you fail to be really explicit, I don't wish you good luck in your current travail. It's your type that tarnish Nigeria image.
Sorry to say so, but hard luck!!!
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by oyiduman01(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
The Admin of this site should be aware...not ever1 cme here to advertise visa but, to share n gain one or two things..needless to be too obsess or conservative about things.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by MadCow1: 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
Gabbysky:

Where did you get the exit stamp from?

What year?

Who stamped your exit?

What port of exit? Heathrow or Gatwick or where?

I have travelled to the UK by Air, road and by rail and only got an entry stamp.

Same for the US and Canada.

I don't remember France too well but I doubt I got an exit stamp either.

When leaving these countries, you only get to meet the airline officials after using the self check in machine to obtain your boarding pass and scan the info page of your passport. You don't get to meet any immigrations officials at any point during your exit so I wonder where you met them and they stamped your passport..

I am truly perplexed by your claim.

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by justwise(m): 12:36am On Jul 14, 2015
MadCow1:

They do now.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by oyiduman01(m): 12:51am On Jul 14, 2015
Uk can't refuse n seized a passport without a reason...infact, they know nija more than any western country..so, get a lawyer n stay away from any invitation.

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by erico2k2(m): 1:23am On Jul 14, 2015
fpeter:

but i no call u nah grin
I no need invite, Im in anyhow izallgood grin grin
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by erico2k2(m): 1:26am On Jul 14, 2015
leonshom:

Not just last year, Uk embassy av bin doing such long ago, i witnessed same case in 2011 at Abuja, following d seizure of a frequent traveller's passport as she claimed. But, one thing i know a out the white is that, if there's no good reason, they wouldn't av seized it, d worst is to refuse u d visa.
Just an update, there are not just white people in the UK, it could have been a black man that made the decision.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tpiadotcom: 2:33am On Jul 14, 2015
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tpiadotcom: 2:34am On Jul 14, 2015
erico2k2:

Just an update, there are not just white people in the UK, it could have been a black man that made the decision.

the op sef could be white or working at immigration even if not.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by dhorlipizzu(m): 5:04am On Jul 14, 2015
omooba969:

Go online & inquire, do ur research more so there r guidelines online & FAQs wud also help in some ways. Dnt try to follow d lead of ppl who r not qualified to collate visa requirement documents. They DO NOT Knw anything ! cool

Owk tanx
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by MadCow1: 8:02am On Jul 14, 2015
justwise:

They do now.

As much as I have not been to Europe in recent past, I still can't find any information to support your claim online either.

It's common knowledge that they don't have outbound/exit control.

Provide me with proof if you have one.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jul 14, 2015
MadCow1:

As much as I have not been to Europe in recent past, I still can't find any information to support your claim online either.

It's common knowledge that they don't have outbound/exit control.

Provide me with proof if you have one.

They announced the trial couple of months ago using Eurotunnel and ferry ports, that it will be rolled out to other exit points if successful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11404131/New-passport-checks-could-bring-new-queues-at-the-border.html
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by omonnakoda: 8:29am On Jul 14, 2015
Gabbysky:

Really tell us more please.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by omonnakoda: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2015
MadCow1:

Where did you get the exit stamp from?

What year?

Who stamped your exit?

What port of exit? Heathrow or Gatwick or where?

I have travelled to the UK by Air, road and by rail and only got an entry stamp.

Same for the US and Canada.

I don't remember France too well but I doubt I got an exit stamp either.

When leaving these countries, you only get to meet the airline officials after using the self check in machine to obtain your boarding pass and scan the info page of your passport. You don't get to meet any immigrations officials at any point during your exit so I wonder where you met them and they stamped your passport..

I am truly perplexed by your claim.
Just an idiotic liar

The government have been making plans for exit CHECKS and this started in a way in April 2015 the checks entail scanning and storing data but do not involve stamps which are outdated in this IT age. There is no need for stamps as they can be easily forged.

Prior to April 2015 there were no exit checks and right now they cover about 10% of exits mainly the Channel Tunnel and Ferries and not yet airports

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) / Man Who Rode Bicycle From Denmark To Nigeria Received In Calabar. Photos / UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.