Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? (13931 Views)

The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. / 'how To Answer The Question, "How Much Do We Pay You?"' / Best Approach To Networking -go Add Value! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Tbillz(m): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2015
I have read online about this very questions but i will appreciate nairaland with practical experience, who has been confronted with this very question to pls shed light on it. Thank you guys

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by abumeinben(m): 8:14am On Jul 11, 2015
Tbillz:
I have read online about this very questions but i will appreciate nairaland with practical experience, who has been confronted with this very question to pls shed light on it. Thank you guys

Handling pressure is kinda normal for me at work....it depends on the environment though..

For me....multitasking is a good skill. You have multiple requests at the same time, go with priority, the most important and while these requests are coming in, acknowledge the requstetee grin. That would keep them in check.

This is what I do

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by YerYer: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2015
You handle pressure by being prepared for it. You need to tell yourself "you cannot please everyone" but you will try your best to handle whatever comes your way. You handle pressure by being very organized and improve your time management skills. Good luck OP

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by onosprince(m): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Kingbilo(m): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2015
I was asked this question once or twice .. And what I always say is,

" I'm not one to make quick/rash decisions because somebody says so. I would rather do it right the first time. Maybe my slow methodical nature might be frowned upon for a moment but mistakes last much longer and usually have more severe effects."

And that's the truth.. In the long run. Diligence is always remembered and rewarded over speed. I'm saying this not just for what you should answer in your interview but for what you should do in real life too.

I'll give you a practical example. I had an assessment for training at my workplace. It was dealing with highly sensitive and expensive equipment. My instructor was trying to rush me because he wanted us to finish before 12pm and there were several ppl after me.. I simply looked him and asked him if he wanted this done right.. He cannot say no to that.. He kept quiet and i took my time and did all the steps correctly. The next guy after me came and the instructor tried to rush him.. The guy started rushing and made several silly mistakes. The instructor started shouting and was pissed. The instructor was like "why can't you take your time and do it like @kingbilo" grin

That my friend is how it works in the workplace.. If you carry someone else's pressure on your head, you carry the risk also

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Jeel: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2015
Pray in tongues consistently
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Armaggedon: 11:13am On Jul 11, 2015
Just answer 'i give up'

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by loadedmax(m): 11:13am On Jul 11, 2015
Dope naa. Any one can uplift ur spirit
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by boolet: 11:14am On Jul 11, 2015
Breathing exercise.
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 11, 2015
By confronting with pressure
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by DankemzI(m): 11:15am On Jul 11, 2015
Calm down, breath slowly, then start work.
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Samneer: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2015
All I do is shut up, and think. I Dont talk whilst under pressure as this may cause me spitting fire. I do what I'm expected to do

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by 20bc(m): 11:15am On Jul 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Benfaco: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2015
To handle pressure well, you must develop a good multi-tasking skills (start working on different stuffs at the same time interval). You must also note that people who are good at mult-tasking are also great in planning.

So here is my advice. Before the next day make a full detailed plan of what you have to do and achieve and how you are going to go about it. By so doing you already know what is ahead of you(it reduces the pressure greatly). Planning at night is usually better.

Lastly commit it to God (without this the rest useless)

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2015
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by YelGold(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2015
This is tough though. Yelgolddotcom

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Richie0974: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2015
If you ask me na who I go ask...
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by loadedvibes: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2015
Best answer is to reply with another question do not start sweating.

Just ask a counter question and the questionnaire would feel ya confidence.

But then again is it ya pressure ??
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by alfredjay: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2015
As a guy u go into the bathroom calm urself and W. A. N. K grin
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2015
Hmmm
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Nihilist: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2015
I assume that this a question you've been asked by an interviewer so I'll answer it like that:

1. Assessment:

You need to do something called an RCA(Root Cause Analysis)
a:Where is the pressure coming from?
b:What is the cause of the pressure?
c:Can this pressure be mitigated?
d:What steps can be taken to mitigate this pressure?

2. Requirement Gathering:

a:What materials,tools,expertise are required to mitigate this pressure?
b:Where can they be found?
c: What are the cost implications in terms of finances, time, or man hours?

3: Planning

a: Based on the steps taken above, implement a plan to mitigate pressure
b: Test/Model intended solution iteratively where possible.
c: Create use case model/UML diagrams to document plans
b: Create an RFC(Request for Change document)

3: Communication:

a:Communicate with all stakeholders to assess their grieviances,aims/objectives, etc.
b:Present documentation on how you intend to mitigate the pressure
c: Manage stakeholder expectations -Under-Promise and Over-Deliver

4: Implementation.

a: Implement your plan.
b: Ensure stakeholder satisfaction to the best of your ability.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by PunterTim(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2015
Jus Jega It
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Bratking(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2015
abumeinben:

Handling pressure is kinda normal for me at work....it depends on the environment though..

For me....multitasking is a good skill. You have multiple requests at the same time, go with priority, the most important and while these requests are coming in, acknowledge the requstetee grin. That would keep them in check.

This is what I do

How do you determine the ones that should take priorities?
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by holluwai(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2015
Give it to God.... Kosi pressure!
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by itzWarner(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2015
I smoke weed and everything becomes small and simple grin

#shikena

4 Likes

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by jrupa(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2015
forceĆ·area or f/a
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Raypawer(m): 11:20am On Jul 11, 2015
Prioritise the request as it comes in
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by abumeinben(m): 11:20am On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

How do you determine the ones that should take priorities?

I could be based on oga, urgency, time to handle,

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 11, 2015
I escape from reality into my imaginary world then its from that world i gets d idea of how to handle d pressure
Cos in my imaginary world i get to put mysef in all possible positions relating to the pressure and boom i snap out of it and bck to action
And i handle it well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Verification Officer Recruitment At Cardinalstone / Jumia Group April 2018 Fresh Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.