Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. (6655 Views)

Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN / Buhari's Claim That Boko Haram Is ‘Not Holding Any Territory’ Exaggerated / Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 11, 2015
This thread is in response to President Buhari's recent comment that Boko Haram are not true Muslims and that Islam is a religion of peace.

According to President Buhari and the legion of Taqiyya promoters, "extremists" like Boko Haram are taking the violent passages from the Koran out of context and Islam is really a religion of peace. 

Just recently in Kano, 9 Muslims were recently condemned to death by a Sharia court for blasphemy. It behoves one to think that Muslims are quick to condemn other Muslims for their utterances but will rather play to the gallery when their fellow Muslims actually commit barbaric acts that are sanctioned in the Koran and reduce the burden of reigning in these terrorists to others by claiming they are not true Muslims. 

Emir Sanusi has attributed the madness in the northeast as a result of systematic and wide spread ignorance and has adviced that Muslim youths to desist from listening to ignorant Islamic clerics.

If misreading Islamic doctrine was the actual cause of the world's Islam problem, the solution would be helping Muslims read the Koran and the rest of Islamic doctrine and understand it correctly. Or perhaps we could simply rely on basic human decency and treat Muslims well and they will reciprocate and we can all live in peace. But Islamic extremism is not a response to injustice meted Muslims or neither does it stem from alienation of Muslims but rather Islamic groups like Boko Haram have always drawn first blood.

Those of us who are acquainted with Islamic doctrine understand that the main fuel stoking Islamic violence has its roots in  the core values and principles of Islamic doctrine itself which include clear and unequivocal commands for Muslims to set aside their human compassion and force the rest of the world to submit to Islamic rule.

Helping Muslims read and understand their doctrines better would make the situation drastically worse. Even more Muslims would then become aware of their obligation to wage jihad on the non-Muslim world.

And given that Muslims consider their doctrine as perfect, reformation is totally out of the question. Even President Buhari was and still remains a staunch advocate for universal adoption of Sharia law across our polity. Sharia law, we must be reminded , was first introduced and viciously enforced by Mohammed in a distant medieval Arab society which most of us (about50%) do not share or want to share any cultural affinity to especially in the 21st century.

So,  President Buhari the problem with Boko Haram can never be separated from its core principles and ideology which wants to set up an Islamic Caliphate inspired from Islamic history and doctrine.

You can't after all take out "Islam" from The Islamic State.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by ELTON123(m): 8:50am On Jul 11, 2015
Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by amaben2020(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2015
I wish a war would ensue, let's place these Northern bigots and Islamic extremists where they belong

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by abduljabbar4(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2015
amaben2020:
I wish a war would ensue, let's place these Northern bigots and Islamic extremists where they belong
You think you bastards can defeat muslims? Try it and see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Typical

10 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:04am On Jul 11, 2015
WombRaiders:
This thread is in response to President Muhammadu recent comment that Boko Haram are not true Muslims and that Islam is a religion of peace.

Where in the Qur'an did you read that muslims should force others to accept Islam? And please there's nothing hard to understand in the Qur'an. Somebody like shekau who claimed to be talking with Allah CANNOT be regarded as a muslim. Take a look at this quote

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
— trans. Yusuf Ali, Quran 2:256

9 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by lyntiffany(f): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2015
amaben2020:
Man don't wish for war not advisable, you can only pray for peace.

2 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Where in the Qur'an did you read that muslims should force others to accept Islam? And please there's nothing hard to understand in the Qur'an. Somebody like shekau who claimed to be talking with Allah CANNOT be regarded as a muslim. Take a look at this quote

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
— trans. Yusuf Ali, Quran 2:256

I am very familiar with the abrogation method in interpreting the Koran.

There are verses that will later appear in the Koran that have since abrogated the vers above.

Let me dig it up.

5 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2015
WombRaiders:

Typical
First person that brought the issue of war is right I guess. Meanwhile who are those that fought the WW1 and 2? Who are those that released atomic bombs on mostly innocent civilians twice?

2 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2015
No propaganda will stop the spread of Islam in the world. After 9/11 they tried to tarnish the Image of Islam but more people accepted Islam after researching about the true teaching of Islam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:09am On Jul 11, 2015
WombRaiders:

I am very familiar with the abrogation method in interpreting the Koran.

There are verses that will later appear in the Koran that have since abrogated the vers above.

Let me dig it up.
Go and dig it up let me see.
Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2015
Elmuaz:
No propaganda will stop the spread of Islam in the world. After 9/11 they tried to tarnish the Image of Islam but more people accepted Islam after researching about the true teaching of Islam
They did everything possible to do. Why do you think most of them insult muslims anyhow? Its because of frustration. They keep on failing and failing and failing

1 Like

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Change2015(m): 9:12am On Jul 11, 2015
Another childish thread launched by cut and paste!

1 Like

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Go and dig it up let me see.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

10 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Abba999(f): 9:15am On Jul 11, 2015
Please let us give Muslems their Caliphate up north and divide this Nigeria peacefully according to choice. Then free millions of Souls tormenting our land since 1940 & save the millions of us still awaiting deaths & pains of today's terror. cry
Why are we so stubborn to this clear and simple solution? Is this too much to ask? Is our long suffering independence better than our lives? cry

4 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 11, 2015
Change2015:
Another childish thread launched by cut and paste!

Where is the copy pasta here?

I guess you mean these verses I have taken from the words of your Prophet

9:5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them.

9:6 Those who submit and convert to Islam will be treated well. (Those who don't submit will be killed. See previous verse.)

9:7-9 Don't make treaties with non-Muslims. They are all evildoers and should not be trusted.

9:11 Treat converts to Islam well, but kill those who refuse to convert (see 9:5).

9:12-14 Fight the disbelievers! Allah is on your side; he will give you victory.

9:23 Don't make friends with your disbelieving family members. Those who do so are wrong-doers.

9:29 Fight against Christians and Jews "until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

9:33 The "Religion of Truth" (Islam) must prevail, by force if necessary, over all other religions.

9:41 Fight for Allah with your wealth and whatever weapons are available to you.

9:42 Those who refuse to fight for Allah (claiming they are unable) are liars who have destroyed their souls.

9:73 Fight the disbelievers and hypocrites. Be harsh with them. They are all going to hell anyway.

9:81-83 Those who refuse to give their wealth and lives to Allah will face the fire of hell.

9:85 Those who refuse to fight for Allah will be treated (along with their children) as unbelievers.

9:111 Believers must fight for Allah. They must kill and be killed. Allah will reward them for it.

9:123 Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you.

8 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 11, 2015
crap n rubbish
Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by kay1one2(m): 9:22am On Jul 11, 2015
Islam is a sin!

7 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2015
Abba999:
Please let us give Muslems their Caliphate up north and divide this Nigeria peacefully according to choice. Then free millions of Souls tormenting our land since 1940 & save the millions of us still awaiting deaths & pains of today's terror. cry
Why are we so stubborn to this clear and simple solution? Is this too much to ask? Is our long suffering independence better than our lives? cry

It's not that simple.

Muslims have been ordered to spread Islam to every corner of the world.

They believe that there are only two divides in the world . The House of Peace which represents the Islamic State and the House of War which represents non Muslim Nations. And they have been mandated to maintain constant war on other non Muslim nations.

Allowing the North to go full Sharia and independent will only lead to war on us in the south. They will strive for the next 1,000 yrs to conquer us just as they have been doing in South Kaduna and Jos with their relentless Jihad.

Once they get their independent Islamic State they will be in a better state to wage unrelentless jihad. The only solution to stop this madness is for Islam to disappear completely.

Don't get me wrong I want nothing to do with the north . I wish they will decide to form their own independent Islamic State and that is why I am silentling supporting Boko Haram who most of them Muslims tacitly support.

But make no mistake, once an independent Caliphate is formed up north we in the south will have to brace up for relentless attacks just as what Israel faces on a daily basis.

It thus means that we will have to be proactive, vigilant, militant and very much aware of the Islamic threat from the north and the soon to be conqured southwest.

6 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by BIGERBOY1: 9:25am On Jul 11, 2015
WombRaiders:

9:6 Those who submit and convert to Islam will be treated well. (Those who don't submit will be killed. See previous verse.)

9:7-9 Don't make treaties with non-Muslims. They are all evildoers and should not be trusted.

9:11 Treat converts to Islam well, but kill those who refuse to convert (see 9:5).

9:12-14 Fight the disbelievers! Allah is on your side; he will give you victory.

9:23 Don't make friends with your disbelieving family members. Those who do so are wrong-doers.

9:29 Fight against Christians and Jews "until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

9:33 The "Religion of Truth" (Islam) must prevail, by force if necessary, over all other religions.

9:41 Fight for Allah with your wealth and whatever weapons are available to you.

9:42 Those who refuse to fight for Allah (claiming they are unable) are liars who have destroyed their souls.

9:73 Fight the disbelievers and hypocrites. Be harsh with them. They are all going to hell anyway.

9:81-83 Those who refuse to give their wealth and lives to Allah will face the fire of hell.

9:85 Those who refuse to fight for Allah will be treated (along with their children) as unbelievers.

9:111 Believers must fight for Allah. They must kill and be killed. Allah will reward them for it.

9:123 Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you.

It is extremists like you on the other side that fuel and give legitimacy to IS/BH/other terrorists. This guys are attention seeking, blood sucking, sociopathic monsters who have killed more Muslims than any other faith and instead of isolation and condemnation sadist like you celebrate them by granting them the attention they seek.

There are close to 2billion Muslims in the world (that's a quarter of humanity) how many BH terrorists are there? Say a million! ( that's still less than zero percent 0%) yet people like you want to impose this negligible heretics on the majority of Muslims. Well your choice.

Islam as peaceful as it is isn't pacifist religion, military action are granted in limited context, and mark that the word context. Given that approval rules of engagement need to be spelt out. Insincere persons like you take quotes out of context or outrightly and criminally misquote verses to support your deviant motives (what difference is there between u and BH then).

The first verse that that talk of war in the Quran in its current chronology and which you conveniently omitted States "and fight against those who fight against you and do not transgress, for indeed Allah do not like transgressors" qur'an chapter 2. Verse 190

3 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 11, 2015
IbnSultaan:
crap n rubbish

That's how the truth always tastes like

2 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by waldigit: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
both of you are disappointment. The issue at hand is too serious than the way you irresposibly reacted to it

2 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:29am On Jul 11, 2015
WombRaiders:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" 
that will be on judgement day. What I want you to do is to show me where it was stated that muslims should carry arms and destroy mosques, children, women and non-believers. According to your view, muslims are supposed to kill mostly muslims. Who are you decieving?

Behold! how they invent a lie against Allah! but that by itself is a manifest sin! [The Holy Quran,4:50]
And He says:
Who does more wrong than those who invent a lie against Allah? They will be turned back to the presence of their Lord, and the witnesses will say, "These are the ones who lied against their Lord! Behold! The curse of Allah is on those who do wrong! [The Holy Quran,11:18]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by carinmom(f): 9:30am On Jul 11, 2015
Op i think u are a lunatic. Mtchwwww! Useless thread from an ignorant bigot

1 Like

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by razfad10(m): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2015
WombRaiders:

from which hadith u gathered all this?
Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2015
1. Terrorism is above all murder. Murder is strictly forbidden in the Qur’an. Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted).
Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by naijanaso: 9:39am On Jul 11, 2015
NL Mods, what are you still waiting for to close this thread? Does this in any way try to solve the already imminent thrash we have found ourselves in as Nigerians? Use your brains pls.

I HEREBY DECLARE THIS THREAD CLOSED.
Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
that will be on judgement day. What I want you to do is to show me where it was stated that muslims should carry arms and destroy mosques, children, women and non-believers. According to your view, muslims are supposed to kill mostly muslims. Who are you decieving?

Behold! how they invent a lie against Allah! but that by itself is a manifest sin! [The Holy Quran,4:50]
And He says:
Who does more wrong than those who invent a lie against Allah? They will be turned back to the presence of their Lord, and the witnesses will say, "These are the ones who lied against their Lord! Behold! The curse of Allah is on those who do wrong! [The Holy Quran,11:18]

Before Boko Haram began bombing mosques in what was a deliberate attempt to instigate sectarian violence in the north and thus usher in anarchy and an excuse to have a military coup overthrow Jonathan who were their main targets? Was it not Churches, Christians and southerners?

Also if we take what is happening in ISIS, Sunni Muslims have been engrossed in an inter-sectarian war against Shiites before including ethnic Kurds then targetting Yazidis before then turning on Christians. What is going on in Iraq and Syria where ISIS holds sway is not a jihad per-se but rather reformation of a Muslim dominated society towards Sunni brand of Islam.

Or how will we describe the crisis in Libya were Muslim fighters have forgotten their cause in overthrowing a long standing despot but have now turned their guns on each other over whose religious interpretation are best?

In my first post I pointed out that Muslims have no problem killing each other as can be seen with the 9 condemned by a sharia court for blasphemy.

How about the situation in Yemen which is strictly a sectarian conflict between Sunnis and Houthi Shiites?

Islam promotes war and instability even were a common enemy (Jews, Christians, Hindus) are not present, Allah has a way of collecting his blood levies from among you Muslims even if that means killing yourselves to appease his blood lust appetite.

5 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:41am On Jul 11, 2015
The killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, ‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies:
“I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)
Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:41am On Jul 11, 2015
Islam is a Cancer.

3 Likes

Re: Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2015
razfad10:
from which hadith u gathered all this?

The final Ultimatum in the Koran and not Hadith!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Socio-cultural Group Endorsed Labaran Maku For Nasarawa Governor / 6 Nigerian Cities You Never Knew Existed (no. 4 Will Surprise You Most) / Adulterated Petrol: No Sanctions For NNPC, Importers, Say Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.