Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience (30875 Views)

Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Dindondin(m): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
400billionman:
Story. Story...

By the time Dangote fulfills his 2014 promise of selling cement at N1,000 per bag, then will I start taking him seriously.

For now, every smart businessman i see is a scammer.
that was the biggest lie in 2014.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by sonnie10: 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
The clause should be 400000km or three years which ever one comes first. Then, some people may forgo other things and hit that 400000 mark in about a year. 400000km on a heavy duty truck is not bad.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by princejenks(m): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
grandstar:
Free the man! Is he the Red Cross? Is it his business to create jobs?

The government is the one that you should attack and not him!

It is the duty of the government to create the enabling environment so that the private sector can thrive and create plenty of jobs.

If government simply brings down lending rate to single digits i.e less than 10%, there will be an investment boom.

It will be cheap for people to borrow and buy properties. Industrialist will borrow and set up factories. Miners will be able to borrow and buy massive machinery to mine big time. All these investments will create jobs.

PHCN is not the country's major Achilles heel. Its the cost of borrowing. Its too high.
you made some sense in certain aspects but not in others. Like you rightly observed,in a capitalist system govt plays more of a regulatory role while entrepreneurs actually provide the jobs. Saying power is not the issue makes a mockery of your articulation of thoughts cos a detailed research of goings on in our economy shows otherwise. If we get our power issue right it would trickle down to other areas. There is also another issue,most of the people who have excess funds(looted and all what not) hardly go into industry but would rather go into commerce or some other fast business. We need to change our orientation as a country if we must move forward. On the dangote ish,lets call a spade what it is,this is pure exploitation on his part and we should speak out against such.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Brytawon(m): 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Dangote; your days are numbered...
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by adconline(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nigerians always want freebies! A unit of that truck with attached trailer is about N20million=$87,000 and u get to keep it after 3 yrs if u stick to the terms of ur job agreement . No pain no gain! The only people who owe you a job are your parents!
Btw, your grammatical errors are too much for a university graduate.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by ADO21212(m): 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
Dagote u better stop liar,The land u establishmen ur business how any indigen in that state given job to :PDagote u better stop liar,The land u establishmen ur business how any indigen in that state given job to
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Atk1nson(m): 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
EduRegard:
No Job, We Complain Of Unemployment | There Were Jobs, Now We Are Complaining - Though the terms of the employment might be somehow uneasy, but I bet with you, there are some people out there that got their lives changed for better with this same opportunity. Everyone was not meant to be comfortable with the conditions of the job. But for every employment opportunity, let's thank God.

I think d issue is dat d guy overhyped these things. He claimed to be helping graduate and d country when he did d last graduate driver scheme and the 1000 per bag cement thing with so much media hype.
Only for him to disengage this guy's and revert d cement prices subtlety without bringing it to d media.
He does most of these things as propaganda to garner support for his profile as a big - hearted biz man
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by grandstar(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
princejenks:
you made some sense in certain aspects but not in others. Like you rightly observed,in a capitalist system govt plays more of a regulatory role while entrepreneurs actually provide the jobs. Saying power is not the issue makes a mockery of your articulation of thoughts cos a detailed research of goings on in our economy shows otherwise. If we get our power issue right it would trickle down to other areas. There is also another issue,most of the people who have excess funds(looted and all what not) hardly go into industry but would rather go into commerce or some other fast business. We need to change our orientation as a country if we must move forward. On the dangote ish,lets call a spade what it is,this is pure exploitation on his part and we should speak out against such.

i 100% agree with you.

In my article, I said that high cost of borrowing was the major Achilles heel. I never said power was not a problem.

That of high lending rate can quickly be solved unlike power which is long term in nature.

Funds are expensive because the oil receipts which are paid in dollars is paid in naira to the 3 tiers of government monthly swelling the money supply and stoking inflation.

In order to reduce inflation and the excess money, the CBN starts a currency mop up by increasing interest rates.

Experts have advocated that the allocations be paid in dollars so that there wont be any more excess naira monthly. Soludo attempted it but the governors cried out that they were not used to it and preferred the devil they knew. Yar'Adua supported them and the policy stopped.

If lending rates were like 6 or 7%, the property market will sizzling for instance, PHCN or no PHCN. There will be a construction boom. Just as poeple now are taking loans to buy new cars, so it will in the housing market if mortgage rates were low. You can see what car loans did to the new car market.

In India which is poorer than Nigeria, the average age of home buyers is 32years of age. Despite their awful infrastructure and red tape, there was a time capacity utilisation in factories was 84%. In Nigeria its 51%.

This is India where the combined deficits of state and FG is not more than 2% of GDP . India its about 10%!

Low interet rates will mitigate a lot of the effect of lousy infrastructure in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Alexisu: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
The bourgeoisies have been scamming the proletariats since time immemorial.

May Almighty God help us the youth of this nation cos our so called leaders have nothing to offer us.

NLs, please I am in dire need of a job. I am a graduate resident in Lagos. 08151784095(whatsapp).
Thanks in anticipation of a positive response from you.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by princejenks(m): 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
grandstar:

i 100% agree with you.

In my article, I said that high cost of borrowing was the major Achilles heel. I never said power was not a problem.

That of high lending rate can quickly be solved unlike power which is long term in nature.

Funds are expensive because the oil receipts which are paid in dollars is paid in naira to the 3 tiers of government monthly swelling the money supply and stoking inflation.

In order to reduce inflation and the excess money, the CBN starts a currency mop up by increasing interest rates.

Experts have advocated that the allocations be paid in dollars so that there wont be any more excess naira monthly. Soludo attempted it but the governors cried out that they were not used to it and preferred the devil they knew. Yar'Adua supported them and the policy stopped.

If lending rates were like 6 or 7%, the property market will sizzling for instance, PHCN or no PHCN. There will be a construction boom. Just as poeple now are taking loans to buy new cars, so it will in the housing market if mortgage rates were low. You can see what car loans did to the new car market.

In India which is poorer than Nigeria, the average age of home buyers is 32years of age. Despite their awful infrastructure and red tape, there was a time capacity utilisation in factories was 84%. In Nigeria its 51%.

This is India where the combined deficits of state and FG is not more than 2% of GDP . India its about 10%!

Low interet rates will mitigate a lot of the effect of lousy infrastructure in Nigeria

The real problem of nigeria is actually corruption which has pervaded all spheres of our lives. Reducing interest rates without access to funds would still not stimulate business. Am aware special funds through some special banks like bank of industry and federal mortgage banks as well as smedan didn't quite solve the problem as the monies couldn't be easily accessed by those it was meant for.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by princejenks(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
adconline:
Nigerians always want freebies! A unit of that truck with attached trailer is about N20million=$87,000 and u get to keep it after 3 yrs if u stick to the terms of ur job agreement . No pain no gain! The only people who owe you a job are your parents!
"The only people who owe you a job are your parents!" Really?
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by JohnsonEmma(m): 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
May God deliver my country Nigeria from the hands of those who don't have our interest at heart.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by arabbunkum: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
He is simply taking undue advantage of the unemployment situation in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by arabbunkum: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
You must be a bloody liar! Stop misleading the youths!!
ShakurM:
First of all, I can only commend what my role model ,Aliko Dangote is doing, he's doing what the government is failing and has failed to do.
((((((I did my research, with an estimated salary around 200k - 300k and sole owner of the truck after covering 400,000kmh.))))))) Don't u dare think the job is below standard! because you have a Masters degree in such n such.To a smart graduate, an opportunity. Swallow ur pride.

Better to work than steal as there is dignity in labour.

I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. It took me thirty years to get to where I am today. Youths of today aspire to be like me but they want to achieve it overnight. It’s not going to work. To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” - Alhaji Aliko Dangote
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by enomakos(m): 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
sonnyudoh:
Na yahoo sure pass ni
i ask u before where you get ur 30m from now i know it is through yahooze

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
ShakurM:
First of all, I can only commend what my role model ,Aliko Dangote is doing, he's doing what the government is failing and has failed to do.
I did my research, with an estimated salary around 200k - 300k and sole owner of the truck after covering 400,000kmh. Don't u dare think the job is below standard! because you have a Masters degree in such n such.To a smart graduate, an opportunity. Swallow ur pride.

I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. It took me thirty years to get to where I am today. Youths of today aspire to be like me but they want to achieve it overnight. It’s not going to work. To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” - Alhaji Aliko Dangote
u did ur research, op was personally at d training and he heard d terms nd condition which doesnt include 200k per month....

plus, did he take a job to b d richest blackman? av u seen any employee on d list of "richest pple"
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by NobleG1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Dangote is a known crook who enslave people in his factories to make billions of dollars.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by NobleG1(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
Dangote is a known crook who enslave people in his factories to make billions of dollars.
In a developed society his would be heavily fined or his businesses shut for enslaving people.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by adconline(m): 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
princejenks:
"The only people who owe you a job are your parents!" Really?
Yes cos u aren't entitled to any job, you have to work hard and earn it!
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by bookface: 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
tunery004:

As a capitalist, the company was looking for a way to enslave graduates with a promise of giving them a truck which efficiency would have worn out over the years a travelling Nigerian roads.

Another graduate with self entitlement and delusions of grandeur. The fact that you went through the walls of a university does not imply that the world owes you a living. Labour jobs are not the sole preserve of the uneducated - neither does a university education exempt you from getting your hands dirty. You do not only sound rude, the manner in which you berate a job that many would have gladly accepted - but for lack of opportunity - leaves one with nothing but dismay.

How does Dangote enslave you by offering you a job - which pays, at least (i assume) the national minimum wage - and concludes with other offers such as the opportunity to take the truck with you after a set period of time? You had the right to say no - you did so - well done, move on and let someone else take the job if they wanted to - where exactly is the enslavement part? Here in the UK, there are PHD grads who work at the bar and earn the minimum wage - there's no shame in doing a honest work, if it provides you a living.

I bet many of you treat your maids/security guards to much worse offers.

4. The company want you to bear any risk and pay for damages hereby freeing them from excess damages paid to victim of accidents when the insurance company had failed to pay due to the negligence of the drivers.

The company is not happy to bear risk? You don't say - tell me who is? While in principle, this is not ethically right, it is not the company's responsibility to regulate itself. The company's sole preserve is bottom line profits - it is in its interest to cut down its cost, insurance claims, expenses - as much as possible. In a capitalist economy, the company is expected to do so, even if that meant exploiting the weak labour laws of the country. This is why as a citizen, you should vote representatives whose responsibilities will be to improve existing laws to make working conditions fairer for their electorates.

Another way to see this - if the company were to account for insurance costs for all its drivers, it would either have to hire less people ( which implies that you probably wouldn't have had the opportunity in the first place) or it will have to pass the cost on to consumers, which will somehow affect your wallet nonetheless.

5. The company want to determine you life and they would plan it for you, they decide when you travel, where you go, when you rest without prior knowledge.

Every company wants to determine your life, why single out Dangote? There are those in 9-5 jobs who spend up to 2 hours travelling in between - In the end, they spend their whole day working for the company and all that is left is the weekends and public holidays.
This is a tough job - you can take it or you can take a hike.

8. The company should learn and hire professionals for each sector not someone who can't compose a good text message.

Is composing a good text message necessary to do the job? There are several jobs where the main requirement is a good work ethic and the good ol' common sense.

Finally Dangote and his coy should please spare us the insult on every graduate and please think out ever proposal before coming to the public with it. After travelling for over six hours the company couldn't deem it fit to entertain, or pay for all expenses of the trip knowing fully well where we were all invited from.

"insult on every graduate" - so you went to a school eh? and you think you are first of your kind eh? or you think you are now somewhat smarter than those who didn't?

Here's a bit of an advise for you - there are three ways to get by

a) If you have a skill set - either through formal or informal education - then sell it to the highest bidder and demand a premium for your skill

b) If no one is willing to pay enough for your skill, then roll the dice, monetize your skill set - set up your own business and see where the night takes you

c) If like any other "graduate" - your skill set is not unique or you cannot monetize it - then nothing makes you special really. You have to start really low like every one else and then work your way to the top, looking out for opportunities as they come your way.

I personally would likely hire a Dangonte driver - who tells me about his experience on the job, and the times he has had to make difficult decisions. To me, this person is likely very trainable, and will bring some soft skills -like negotiation, decision making - etc to my company. I would take this person any day, over someone else who spent the last three years of their lives- after graduation - doing nothing because they are too "cushy" for a driver job.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
adconline:

Mr brighter grammar thanks for the observations, but I would have prefer you correct dos mistakes. Even if the truck cost 300 billion dollars, I care less, have only expressed my views on the program and I think am entitled to that, and I do have a job so am not desperate. I bet u are from Ghana cos u said we like freebies? I didn't beg Dangote for money so I wonder were am asking for freebies, that I dont agree to the terms of the job doesn't mean am lazy or want everything on a platter of gold, its my choice. Mtcheeewww

3 Likes

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
bookface:

Another graduate with self entitlement and delusions of grandeur. The fact that you went through the walls of a university does not imply that the world owes you a living. Labour jobs are not the sole preserve of the uneducated - neither does a university education exempt you from getting your hands dirty. You do not only sound rude, the manner in which you berate a job that many would have gladly accepted - but for lack of opportunity - leaves one with nothing but dismay.

How does Dangote enslave you by offering you a job - which pays, at least (i assume) the national minimum wage - and concludes with other offers such as the opportunity to take the truck with you after a set period of time? You had the right to say no - you did so - well done, move on and let someone else take the job if they wanted to - where exactly is the enslavement part? Here in the UK, there are PHD grads who work at the bar and earn the minimum wage - there's no shame in doing a honest work, if it provides you a living.

I bet many of you treat your maids/security guards to much worse offers.

The company is not happy to bear risk? You don't say - tell me who is? While in principle, this is not ethically right, it is not the company's responsibility to regulate itself. The company's sole preserve is bottom line profits - it is in its interest to cut down its cost, insurance claims, expenses - as much as possible. In a capitalist economy, the company is expected to do so, even if that meant exploiting the weak labour laws of the country. This is why as a citizen, you should vote representatives whose responsibilities will be to improve existing laws to make working conditions fairer for their electorates.

Another way to see this - if the company were to account for insurance costs for all its drivers, it would either have to hire less people ( which implies that you probably wouldn't have had the opportunity in the first place) or it will have to pass the cost on to consumers, which will somehow affect your wallet nonetheless.

Every company wants to determine your life, why single out Dangote? There are those in 9-5 jobs who spend up to 2 hours travelling in between - In the end, they spend their whole day working for the company and all that is left is the weekends and public holidays.
This is a tough job - you can take it or you can take a hike.

Is composing a good text message necessary to do the job? There are several jobs where the main requirement is a good work ethic and the good ol' common sense.

"insult on every graduate" - so you went to a school eh? and you think you are first of your kind eh? or you think you are now somewhat smarter than those who didn't?

Here's a bit of an advise for you - there are three ways to get by

a) If you have a skill set - either through formal or informal education - then sell it to the highest bidder and demand a premium for your skill

b) If no one is willing to pay enough for your skill, then roll the dice, monetize your skill set - set up your own business and see where the night takes you

c) If like any other "graduate" - your skill set is not unique or you cannot monetize it - then nothing makes you special really. You have to start really low like every one else and then work your way to the top, looking out for opportunities as they come your way.

I personally would likely hire a Dangonte driver - who tells me about his experience on the job, and the times he has had to make difficult decisions. To me, this person is likely very trainable, and will bring some soft skills -like negotiation, decision making - etc to my company. I would take this person any day, over someone else who spent the last three years of their lives- after graduation - doing nothing because they are too "cushy" for a driver job.

Well said sir, u really did a good job breaking things down and trashing them one after the other. I can't argue with u, but the job is not a driver job, its a motor boy job. Just ask about the rate of accidents involving trucks on Nigerian roads. The risk outweighs the benefit. The north is not a safe place and trucks travel at night. Lemme just stop here. Pls if u no dey naija, u can't understand the situation.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by grandstar(m): 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
princejenks:
The real problem of nigeria is actually corruption which has pervaded all spheres of our lives. Reducing interest rates without access to funds would still not stimulate business. Am aware special funds through some special banks like bank of industry and federal mortgage banks as well as smedan didn't quite solve the problem as the monies couldn't be easily accessed by those it was meant for.

Corruption is a problem but not the major one. There are many corrupt countries like Thailand and Cambodia that are doing well..

Also special funds like the sought you mentioned are not the solution.

In Matthew 23:23, Jesus lampooned the scribes and Pharisees stating that they focused on secondary things and ignored the weightier matters of the Law, that these things they were bound to do.

If interest rates from banks were low(Things that are binding on them), there will be no need for intervention funds(Secondary things).
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Donpizzle(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
EduRegard:
No Job, We Complain Of Unemployment | There Were Jobs, Now We Are Complaining - Though the terms of the employment might be somehow uneasy, but I bet with you, there are some people out there that got their lives changed for better with this same opportunity. Everyone was not meant to be comfortable with the conditions of the job. But for every employment opportunity, let's thank God.

Never ever under-estimate HAPPINESS derived from your work place. Its better to earn less money and be happy than earn more while ur not happy.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by judeiria(m): 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
miqos02:
hmmmmmn
where is ur location?
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
ShakurM:
I did my research, with an estimated salary around 200k - 300k and sole owner of the truck after covering 400,000kmh. Don't u dare think the job is below standard! because you have a Masters degree in such n such.To a smart graduate, an opportunity. Swallow ur pride.

Fresh air!
A thousand kisses for those words.
#trueentrepreneur

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by ShakurM(m): 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
zoelife:

Fresh air!
A thousand kisses for those words.
#trueentrepreneur
thanks man, everybody wants 2 be the next richest man forgetting they would have 2 dig deep, hit rock bottom n put in a lot of sacrifices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
Let me complete it for you,if they dnt accept christ as Lord,yonu must be very ignorant.
gidjah:
my bro, that is gd question o, but may be you can take that to the religious section,Gods principle works with laws,if an unbeliever obeys it, and stay with it diligently, it will work for him, if a believer practices the covenant law and stay diligently with it , it will show in his life too, there's no special law for the saints and non saved, except that they might never make heaven if.....
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by adconline(m): 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
tunery004:

Mr brighter grammar thanks for the observations, but I would have prefer you correct dos mistakes. Even if the truck cost 300 billion dollars, I care less, have only expressed my views on the program and I think am entitled to that, and I do have a job so am not desperate. I bet u are from Ghana cos u said we like freebies? I didn't beg Dangote for money so I wonder were am asking for freebies, that I dont agree to the terms of the job doesn't mean am lazy or want everything on a platter of gold, its my choice. Mtcheeewww

Corrections - I would have preferred not prefer. . The truck costs not cost ... I'm or I am not am.. Where not were... You are going to self- destruct if you don't change your choice or attitude.
Let me put N20m in perspective for you. It takes someone saving N555,555k every month , 36 months to save N20m, so the diffrence
betwn the person who took that job without whining and you in over 500k every month. It might intrest u to Google " sweat equity".
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
ShakurM:
thanks man, everybody wants 2 be the next richest man forgetting they would have 2 dig deep, hit rock bottom n put in a lot of sacrifices

True that.

Entrepreneurship is clearly not for the majority.

And, uhm, I'm a she. Lol
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
adconline:

Corrections - I would have preferred not prefer. . The truck costs not cost ... I'm or I am not am.. Where not were... You are going to self- destruct if you don't change your choice or attitude.
Let me put N20m in perspective for you. It takes someone saving N555,555k every month , 36 months to save N20m, so the diffrence
betwn the person who took that job without whining and you in over 500k every month. It might intrest u to Google " sweat equity".

Thanks for the corrections, next time I will becos of people like u proof read b4 posting. It easy to seat in front of ur computer and point out mistakes, everyone can do that it doesn't require any special skill. I don't need u putting anything in perspective, its my choice and that's why every offer has its own terms and condition. Am not good with the conditions and I walked away, go back to my post, u will see where I wrote that this is my opinion based on my emotions, way of life and more. So please spare me the details. Not every offer is for me, I make my choices and what u think doesn't count. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It / SBC (Seven-up Bottling Company) Graduate Trainee Interview Session / SIWES: Who Else Got This Invitation From NLNG?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.