Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce (2026 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Man Seek Divorce From Wife Because She Has Lost Her Beauty And Figure / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by unfaded(m): 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2009
wot do you think of this?
A man is asking a court to retrive his[b] kidney[/b] which he donated to his wife 10 years ago or award him over $1m,because she wants a divorce.
the reason the wife wants to annule the marriage is unknown.
The arguement is :
1.the man must have loved his wife&his marriage so much to have given his kidney to her.wot could have gone wrong?
2.does he still have right to the kidney?
3.isn't the wifean ingrate to want a divorce?
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Encomium(m): 6:42pm On Mar 07, 2009
The man should know that he can't eat his cake and have it. The good deed was an act of charity.
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by liftedone(f): 8:24pm On Mar 07, 2009
I saw this guy with his lawyer on Larry King Live and I was gobsmacked. I thought it was some huge joke. I could only imagine that the guy and his lawyer may just be looking for some cheap publicity or how else can you explain such absurdity?

The things that men do ( I mean men as in mankind o, before the guys on nairaland will decend on me).
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Pimples(m): 8:41pm On Mar 07, 2009
I only borrowed her d kidneys b'cos of Love.

Since there is no more love, why can't I take it back?
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by MrCrackles(m): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2009
Very unfair and petty!
What is he going to do with the bloody kidney?!
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by minute(f): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2009
Its illegal to donate organs and gain anything from it here so hes getting nothing.
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2009
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Amigoz(f): 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2009
Irreversible,

Let him live with one kidney,

Waste of Taxpayer's money. shocked
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by unfaded(m): 11:09pm On Mar 07, 2009
the question thats baffles me is,why would the wife want a divorce?
the man obviously is heart broken and wants to keep his marriage
thats why he want the kidney back
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by doyin13(m): 11:58pm On Mar 07, 2009
Amigoz:

Waste of Taxpayer's money. shocked

my friend. . .come on gerraway.

people dey talk about tax, naija person sef put mouth

shior
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Outstrip(f): 2:25am On Mar 08, 2009
The man risked his life for her because he assumed that they would spend the rest of their lives together. It was risky. There was a chance that both of them could have died and left the children as orphans. The woman was having an affair while the guy was in surgery having his kidney chopped off. He will obviously not get the kidney back but imagine if that one kidney that he has fails in the future. She goes on with her life and the man has to be on dialysis while he waits for someone to give him a kidney or even worse he dies
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by dayokanu(m): 2:38am On Mar 08, 2009
The woman is so ungrateful. She should go and meet her new lover for the kidney. The guy gave him his kidney and she still went on to blatantly cheat on him.

He should get his kidney back or she can buy it for $1 million
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by biina: 2:40am On Mar 08, 2009
While I don't agree with his actions, the man has a right to his kidney. If the woman had asked for a divorce less than a year after the transplant, less people would be sympathetic of her position.
The man is probably trying to get leverage in the divorce ptroceedings, and whether he gets his kidney back or not will be more of legal proceedings than morality.
After all if it was a material item, there would be less of an uproar.
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by dayokanu(m): 2:48am On Mar 08, 2009
The kidney belongs to the guy, He gave her and now he wants it back. why the problem?
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by kkkossy(m): 10:40am On Mar 08, 2009
Dis situation reminds me of d tv show 'lost' where john locke donated his kidney 2 his fake dad n den fighting 2 take it bk lol
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by MrCrackles(m): 10:41am On Mar 08, 2009
dayokanu:

The kidney belongs to the guy, He gave her and now he wants it back. why the problem?

Regardless, i still dont think it is nice!
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by yme1(f): 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2009
the man should forget about the kidney
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Amigoz(f): 5:12pm On Mar 08, 2009
doyin13:

my friend. . .come on gerraway.

people dey talk about tax, naija person sef put mouth

shior

Do I blame you, if u werent so clouded by all the rust in ur eyes whilst u are backpacking in God knows where, u will see that moi is in the UK. Anyhoos just cos u are ignorant of the fact that some peeps actually pays taxes in Nigeria doesnt look good 4 u.

So next time u have something unconstructive to say about ma comment,

Vent it it on ur notepad, at least u wont be wasting ma time!! undecided
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Czarskit(m): 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2009
She wants to live without him but with his kidney?! That's one lucky bi*ch! If it were me, I'd rip her open & get my kidney BY MYSELF! Ingrates are increasing by the day. . .
I borrow u my kidney finish & u wan run. . . tongue
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by oluwafemi113(m): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2009
Czarskit:

She wants to live without him but with his kidney?! That's one lucky bi*ch! If it were me, I'd rip her open & get my kidney BY MYSELF! Ingrates are increasing by the day. . .
I borrow u my kidney finish & u wan run. . . tongue

i they feel you man
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 09, 2009
the man is a fool and all the people who think that you can buy love are fools too.
this guy, who by the way is a SURGEON, gave his kidney to his wife when she needed it but it doesn't mean that she will love him forever or that she has no right to divorce him in the future. now the man said she cheated etc. they are getting a divorce and he wants to include the "supposed"cost of the kidney as asset/property when they will finalize the divorce (just a way of giving her less money) but a kidney is NOT a marital asset/property so therefore you can't put a price on it. the husband doesn't regret giving her the kidney, he is only mad because she is now dating other men(they have been separated for more than 3yrs)

the people who thinks that she should stay with him JUST BECAUSE HE GAVE HER HIS KIDNEY are living in jungleland.
YES, the gesture is a true sign of love but it is not an insurance for life that this marriage will last. he knew that before going under the knife. it's like the many mumus around the world buying boob job for their wives/gfs only to be pissed when she want to stop the relationship (and ask for the boobs back) GROW UP!!!!
it was done in time of love and therefore he has no claims to the kidney.
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Czarskit(m): 3:22am On Mar 09, 2009
I no fit giff u my kidney finish then u come talk say u no dey do again oh! I'll kill!

Me can't give out ma kidney sha, u beta die on tym cos if we're in loff u'll want me to av my kidneys to myself. . .

Hmmn. . . C ruff play.
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Outstrip(f): 3:32am On Mar 09, 2009
MrBrownJ you miss the point. He would not have given the kidney of he knew that she was dating someone else. She got the kidney deceitfully. That was wrong. Of course he will not get the kidney back but he has a right to be upset not that she has to stay with him because he gave her a kidney but because she lied to get the kidney
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by oluwafemi113(m): 7:40am On Mar 09, 2009
make him collect am fast
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 09, 2009
Outstrip:

MrBrownJ you miss the point. He would not have given the kidney of he knew that she was dating someone else. She got the kidney deceitfully. That was wrong. Of course he will not get the kidney back but he has a right to be upset not that she has to stay with him because he gave her a kidney but because she lied to get the kidney

no no, this is NOT the case. the guy said that she supposedly "cheated" with her physical therapist about 3/4 YEARS after the transplant so therefore when she got the kidney, she had truthful intentions, something happened AFTER and she decided to go for divorce (she got his kidney in 2001, filed for divorce in 2005).
the marriage was on the rock before the transplant due to 2 prior failed kidney transplant that were putting strain on the marriage and the husband thought giving her his kidney will "fix" the marital problems. he knew well before giving her his kidney that it was not 100% sure to fix the marital problems.
This man is only doing this for spite and to try to give his wife as less money as possible.($1.5million less if he can prove that the kidney is family property/asset, FAILED!!!)
in the states, organ donation is a gift and cannot be legally exchange for anything of value. the husband is shit out of luck!
check your sources!!!!
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by unfaded(m): 9:24am On Mar 09, 2009
you guys are getting it all wrong
forget about the semantics,logically the guy cannot win
this is just a classics case of betrayal
ironically, normally its mostly the other way round
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by oluwafemi113(m): 9:34am On Mar 09, 2009
pray to God
grin
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Outstrip(f): 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2009
Ok if that is the case then I will agree with you but I will see if I can find the news article where it was said that she was cheated on him the whole time without him knowing. She failed to say that because she wanted the kidney.
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by unfaded(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2009
@outstrip, would you give out your kidney to ur lover, if you have one
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by Outstrip(f): 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2009
I might give it to my "husband" if it makes sense. Removing the kidney has risks just like every other surgical procedure. People have died in the process of donating organs. For a lover when I have children probably not. Giving a kidney is not going to the store and picking it off a shelf. It is a big deal.
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by CrazyMan(m): 7:26pm On Mar 09, 2009
That man has every right to collect back his kidney. After all, the marriage has crashed so there's nothing going on between them. If I were in his shoes, I'd rather do the same thing
Re: Man Wants Kidney Back From Wife After She Filled For Divorce by unfaded(m): 10:17am On Mar 13, 2009
the man has being told the kidney was a gift, wot a pity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Royalroy!!! / Please How Do I Handle A Case Of Scam On Instagram / Gov’s Wife Gifts Blue-eyed Lady’s Family New Accommodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.