Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband (72978 Views)

8 Professions In Nigeria That May Be About To Disappear / Professions That Harbor Secrets The Most / 10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
There are some professions which may deprive ladies from finding that right person to tie the knot. This is due to our societal belief, prejudice, ethics, and stereotypical belief.

These professions are listed below;

1. Strippers

This is a profession ladies do at expensive lounges and bars where they display almost all the glory of their body for viewers discretion to enjoy. They say don't judge a book by its cover but opposite is the case when men spot ladies in these areas.
However most guys will not consider these category of ladies for serious relationship let alone marriage.

2. Prostitution

People often say that getting acquitted to a prostitute is not a bad idea, but the truth is, how many men can keep their eyes wide open and take such a decision. Ladies who go into prostitution find it very difficult to find husband unless they hide under the canopy of born again, just as we see in churches.

3. Marketers

Most men believe that ladies who are into marketing are promiscuous in nature due to the unrealistic target set by some organization. These are category of ladies you see in financial institution with deflated bosom as if "Olympus has fallen". grin grin

4. Acting/Modelling

Most actresses live exorbitant lifestyles that can chase guys away. Men often bash female actress and modellers because they believe that they always offer their body to producers in a bid to get famous.

5. Weight Lifters

Few weeks ago, one of our super mods (name withheld) uploaded the picture of a lady (body builder), and you need to see the way Agarawu23, dharay99 and co made it seem like she was not of God's creation. Many were like "I no fit marry woman wey go dey beat me for house"

6. Paramilitary and Military Force

As a single lady if you join a paramilitary or military force, the chances to getting a husband may be slim because guys will assume such ladies will possess arrogant behaviour.

7. Alcoholic Drinks Sellers

Ladies who sell alcoholic drinks stand the chance of being molested by drunkards. A guy hearing his girlfriend was sexually embarrassed by a drunkard may dump her.

8. Offshore job

Life at offshore is not easy because the workers face harsh weather condition like cold, etc even though their monthly take home is huge. Ladies who fall under this category of profession seldom have time for social life as there may be delay in getting husband.

36 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by tosyne2much(m): 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
9. Awon Omo Alata

They are seen as being classless and worthless and are discriminated by the educated ones

10. Ladies Who Sell Jedi, Orijin and Schnapps

Ladies who sell these stuffs are total turn off for me. Even if Buhari offers me N10m to marry them, I would still reject the offer

Quote me to say thrash and I will show you why missionary style is the most pleasurable style

53 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by donholy28(m): 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
But whatever job a man does as long money dey he go marry

16 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Mikeyjoe(m): 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
u did not include nursing

10 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by stam101(m): 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Who told u prostitutes and strippers want to get married?besides who woud want such as a life time partner?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by OmaBliss: 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
So wristwatch don turn to wristbangle cheesy cheesy

Abeg which day stripper, prostitutes cum turn profession? grin

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Welrez(m): 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
On the marketing, it reminds me of Ebi whose relationship with me faltered for lack of time.

BTW, those above me have supersonic browsers.

1 Like

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lawyers

Most men have this belief that female lawyers won't make good wives. They say that they won't be submissive in the house and would always want to prove that they are right just like they do in court. Also some men get scared of approaching a lady who is a lawyer as they feel she would be arrogant and might embarrass them.
I know for a fact that most female lawyers often aspire to get married or at least be in a very serious relationship before they are called to the bar because after they are called, the 'market' or demand for them diminishes rapidly.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Young03(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
I was thinking I wud c bankers, lawyers,

11 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by sharonnnn(f): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
is stripping and prostitution a profession? shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
adeaks:
Lawyers too

Lol. Lawyers get husband easily na

4 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
sharonnnn:

Actually some ladies may a living out of it @ lagos, PHC and FCT. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
OmaBliss:
So wristwatch don turn to wristbangle cheesy cheesy

Abeg which day stripper, prostitutes cum turn profession? grin

Before. No be wetin some babes dey take pay their bills be that? cheesy

Besides who is wristwatch?

1 Like

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
sharonnnn:

Yep. They are full time jobs for some ladies. They even have their own union lipsrsealed tongue

2 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
I thought I was going to see engineer or biochemist on that list.

I was preparing a funlord style bashing for the op. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
adeaks:
Lawyers

Most men have this belief that female lawyers won't make good wives. They say that they won't be submissive in the house and would always want to prove that they are right just like they do in court. Also some men get scared of approaching a lady who is a lawyer as they feel she would be arrogant and might embarrass them.
I know for a fact that most female lawyers often aspire to get married or at least be in a very serious relationship before they are called to the bar because after they are called, the 'market' or demand for them diminishes rapidly.

Well said sir. I could have dated a loving lady who is a lawyer called to bar but due to tribal difference, we parted ways.
Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by sharonnnn(f): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
wristbangle:

Actually some ladies may a living out of it @ lagos, PHC and FCT. cheesy cheesy

still doesn't make it a profession. they can't boldly tell people what they do. or can they? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Phikom(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
So stripping and prostitution is now a profession?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
Weight lifters? shocked shocked
I reserve my commentlipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
sharonnnn:

still doesn't make it a profession. they can't boldly tell people what they do. or can they? cheesy

But they can tell people they earned money from bar business.
Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
After all these they will eventually get married if they want to

Anything is possible in la la land. tongue

3 Likes

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Erukumakanaki: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
wristbangle:

Bros, abeg if u face ban from the mentioned monikers, no come beg me oo. cheesy cheesy
heaven knows i didn't call their names nor did they get the mentions! angry
Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
tosyne2much:
9. Awon Omo Alata

They are being discriminated by men because they are seen as being classless and worthless

10. Ladies Who Sell Orijin and Schnapps

Ladies who sell these stuffs are total turn off for me. Even if they are being offered for free, I would still zoom off

Quote me and I will show you why missionary style is the most pleasurable style

Professor 10 list is here. Hahahaha @ point 9. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by sharonnnn(f): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
wristbangle:

But they can tell people they earned money from bar business.
true talk
Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nneka123:
After all these they will eventually get married if they want to

Anything is possible in la la land. tongue

Yes after resorting to TB joshua church for spiritual help. tongue

1 Like

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
adeh39:
Weight lifters? shocked shocked

I reserve my commentlipsrsealed
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by sigidporte(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Some are true, not all
Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by wristbangle: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Erukumakanaki:

heaven knows i didn't call their names nor did they get the mentions! angry

Ishilove dey come 4 u now. U hear!
Re: 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband by Erukumakanaki: 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
wristbangle:

Ishilove dey come 4 u now. U hear!

bro. . . Is she the only Mod on Nairaland ? undecided

i laugh in Spanish hermano grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest / Photos Of The Youngest Officer In The Nigerian Army / Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.