Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue (32578 Views)

Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by tunde1200(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dear Dr,

I took my time to read all the post from Nlanders and your response are wonderful and meaningful to me and every one i think.

my issues are I get easily distracted by irrelevant sights and sounds, i forgot things from my parlour to my room alone and remember what i was going to do in the room in less than 2 3 minutes instantly most time.

Is this a problem or not there are some i cant really remember now may be few question from you might help.

Thanks and regards.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Dinocarex(m): 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello Doc. I'm a 24 years old Male. While as a kid, I used to experience some issues while sleeping like a swollen head and everything around me start getting bigger. I overcame that in my teen years and I developed another bad thing which is palm and feet sweating. The amount of sweat my palm and feet produces a day is so enormous. Recently, like 2 years, my hands starts shaking. I can't barely hold something without someone noticing the shaking. Although, it has not affected my writing because I have a good hand writing still.
I also notice burning sensation on my skin and movement of some stuffs sometimes on my arm. Sometimes, I forget things I'm doing when I change an act.
I want to know what's wrong with me.. If its something serious my email is rolandsuccess1@gmail.com
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dinocarex,
A few complaints you mentioned excessive sweating, tremors, Burning sensations...
These are serious medical complaints you should seek urgent help for
Have /are you been on any medications?
I would advise that you see a neurologist first for proper assessment.
There is also a need haematological investigations to rule out endocrine disorders like thyroid problems.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Tunde1200,
How old are You?
How long have you been experiencing these Symptoms?
Have your symptoms progressive Worsened?
Do u have problems registering new Informations?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by tunde1200(m): 6:29am On Sep 22, 2015
I'm 40years now.
I can't really say how but I started experiencing it less that 2 years now.
Registering new infomations is not my problem.

NayaNdupu:
Tunde1200,
How old are You?
How long have you been experiencing these Symptoms?
Have your symptoms progressive Worsened?
Do u have problems registering new Informations?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Dinocarex(m): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2015
I'm not on any medication... Thanks for the advice.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by tunde1200(m): 2:37am On Sep 24, 2015
why are you like this now.

[quote author=weightloss30 post=38287591][/quote]
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 7:38am On Sep 24, 2015
Tunde1200,
Good morning n my apologies once again.
Having concentration difficulty could be due to inattention, intrusive thoughts, overactivity, impulsiveness, difficulty staying awake...
Easy distractibility may be due to first simple things like everyday stress.
When we are under stress we may forget things easily
other times our sensory organs become hypersensitive
Beyond that, we need to rule out other possible causes such as medical, psychological and cognitive causes
Such as psychoactive substance use, changes in sleep Pattern, anxiety, depression....
At your age, I won't be worried if you don't have above listed and other associated symptoms.
My advise: try focusing at one thing at a time, multitasking may not work for you, you could also have a to do list handy.

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by tunde1200(m): 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
Thanks very much.

NayaNdupu:
Tunde1200,
Good morning n my apologies once again.
Having concentration difficulty could be due to inattention, intrusive thoughts, overactivity, impulsiveness, difficulty staying awake...
Easy distractibility may be due to first simple things like everyday stress.
When we are under stress we may forget things easily
other times our sensory organs become hypersensitive
Beyond that, we need to rule out other possible causes such as medical, psychological and cognitive causes
Such as psychoactive substance use, changes in sleep Pattern, anxiety, depression....
At your age, I won't be worried if you don't have above listed and other associated symptoms.
My advise: try focusing at one thing at a time, multitasking may not work for you, you could also have a to do list handy.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by IkwuhMufasa(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2015
Hello doc,am Kinda addicted to codiene,it all started when i had cough,it was severe tho..Someone told me to use IBOGAINE to induce withdrawal.How safe is ibogaine?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
doc please answer this very important

I am having this issue after a attack on my head of which is believe to be spiritual that day I almost run mad but God save me but then my blood pressure was high that day I keep moving and couldn't stay one place I either touch my nose or my ear I was really scared after some prayer my blood came down but my head start to pain me..

since then i am having sharp stabbing pain in the head deferent places it keep moving from one place to another. movement that is shocking in the head like electric sometimes. sometimes i feels mental issues although my sense is still intact and some move in body. sometimes constant noise from the head only me can hear.

I went to psychiatric the drugs they gave me I think zipdose it almost made me mad as it increase the pain.

went to central hospital the first visit they gave me snipha and one other drug.

so far the only drug that give me relief rather that cure is snipha talen. which is my first visit to Central hospital.

I can't sleep. my eyes are open all through the nights. if I manage to sleep 10 minute I will awake. tried several sleeping drugs non move me to sleep. its coming from the brain.

my second visit i met deferent doc who recommend another drugs but this has no effect if i should use it is not working. I still use snipha which is my relief

it comes with fever I take load of paracetamol all along.

my worried now is that I have me using snipha for more than 2 months now. scared of side effect. went to two separate spiritual pastors who told me it a spiritual attack. I want my head back please help me.

I have a test result from psychiatric if you can help me read it. I can't understand it says nil in all the things

protein
glucose
nitrites
ketone
they are nil

and then
unbilinogen
bilirubin
blood
leucolyle
ascorbic acid
they are all nil

and then
appearance - clear
colour - amber
pH - 6.5
speafic gravity - 1.015

I also recommend test from Central hospital in second visit the lady said what kind of test I should use the drugs she gave me first but I am not feeling it I had to use the old drug. the one she gave is ocovite 02 and amitriptyline.

it feels like my enemy want to mad. please experience doctor advice before some commit subside.

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ikwumufasa,
how long have you been on codeine?
What quantity do u use daily and Weekly?
You know that codeine n heroine are family members Right?
Ibogaine is also a family member but a different grade.
how long have you been on It?
What's your route of administration?
In Nigeria, for opioid addiction, we take in for proper rehabilitation by that I mean is a secluded environment cos of the withdrawal symptoms but in advanced countries, they in addition to above mentioned, they offer substitution therapy which safer and less toxic drugs.
What you are doing is substitution therapy with another drug equally problematic.
Ibogaine has a range of adverse effects n the major one I worry about is ataxia which is movement difficulty.
If you continue that use, you place yourself at a risk of this and other adverse effects.
If attempts to stop codeine has failed, seek proper professional help which may offer admission or close outpatient monitoring.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
Joel3,
Please no one needs to commit suicide cos there is still light at the end if the tunnel.
Try and communicate your complaints better cos it would help.
Could explain what you mean by an Attack?
Did you have any Trauma to your Head?
Is it just noises you Hear?
This stabbing pain your head, what triggers it and what relieves It?
These movement on your body can be best described as what? Crawling or peppery Sensations?
Beyond the urine tests have u done an encephalography Scan?
What is the generic name for snipha? Am not familiar with that name.
The result added shows that your urine urinalysis was done n it was normal.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
@NayaNdupu

start up history.

the attack was madness which didn't stay which I thank God, it made attempt to deaf my ear and blank my brain to lose consciousness and take control of my body several time, I keep praying blood of Jesus. when it stop it leave me with serious pain on my head. its was painful as at the time of the attacked. like compressing as if I am carrying load on my head. when the compressing stop it feel like they use hammer to panel beat my head.

then I start to have sharp pain on my head. the spot of the sharp pain keep changing. today it will be at the top maybe the next day it will be the corner near ear.

there are some things I don't know how to explain.
something with electric vibration will move to my forehead sometimes to my nose and ear. touching my head alone with a drop of water will feel like hammer. if am walking and my head shakes as I put my feet on the ground I get a painful vibration on the head. except I put hand on my head to support while walking. the will help stop it from shaking and vibration pain sensation.

please google snipha talen it will help you know the drug. attach is picture

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
swipha talen is bromazepam

and the drug that made me to sleep a little what they wrote on it is daltil 100.

I need total cure please sir help me.

I have not done any scan
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
Joel3,
what Dose of amytriptiline are you On?
That drug snipha talen how do u use It?
you can't be on it for too long cos it's an anxiolytic n may have dependence effect on you.
There is a need to see a neurologist nearby cos that appears to be a typical of headache with somatic symptoms
There are other drug treatment options for your complaints
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
your post is hidden. supermod seun come to rescue
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
NayaNdupu you get a pm. reply the pm by mail thanks.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 7:26am On Sep 26, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Joel3,
what Dose of amytriptiline are you On?
That drug snipha talen how do u use It?
you can't be on it for too long cos it's an anxiolytic n may have dependence effect on you.
There us a need to see a neurologist nearby cos that appears to be a typical of headache with somatic symptoms
There are other drug treatment options for your complaints

its 25mg.

the swipha talen is up to two month now. actually when I was given the doc told me to come back in two week time but I didn't go I continue to buy it from pharmacy.

as at when went back in two month time they give me amitriptyline and to come back in two weeks amitriptyline is one at night but I am having problems during the day and that why I still use swipha talen in the day.

sometimes it feels like it want to go sometimes it come back. is this from the brain or nervous, or blood!? the part I don't understand is that it comes with fever.

what drug do you recommend.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2015
Joel3,
I would suggest you go and see your doctors.
There is a reason for regular follow up after first visit.
Follow up enables you to express your complaints about earlier medications.
Compliance in medicine should include follow up and medications.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Perpetual459: 11:47am On Sep 28, 2015
hello doctor,
kudos for the good work u're doing here.my 27 yr old sister had been having severe headache for the past 2 months.infact she had to defer her 1st semester exam last month cos of the headache. she had been in and out of the hospital for months.she was in the hospital this morning again and d doctor prescribed Alaxin for treatment of malaria that was treated 2 wks ago.please help me out,she's languishing in pain
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by ambient: 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
hello dr nayandupui really dont know what is wrong with me ever since i was attacked in our family house by arm robber i hardly sleep.once it is midnight i get scared even when i hear the slightest noise......am always anxious and can stay awake till early morning when am sure there wont be an attack.ihardly go home to my family house because idont think i can sleep there again and its creating a lot of tension because i cant tell them.am always jumpy.what should i do please?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
Perpetual459
There are several causes n types of headaches
Headaches are best managed by neurologist
So I would suggest she sees one
Meanwhile, You didn't really give me details about the headache such as:
Onset
Duration
Aggravating or relieving factors
Location of ache in the head
Type of Ache? Stabbing, throbbing, constricting .....
Associated symptoms such as eye ache, eye redness, tearing of the eyes, vomiting, nausea, reaction to light...
Drug treatments for it in the past.
any respond to drugs if yes which drugs
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
Perpetual459:
hello doctor,
kudos for the good work u're doing here.my 27 yr old sister had been having severe headache for the past 2 months.infact she had to defer her 1st semester exam last month cos of the headache. she had been in and out of the hospital for months.she was in the hospital this morning again and d doctor prescribed Alaxin for treatment of malaria that was treated 2 wks ago.please help me out,she's languishing in pain
sound like anxiety. which I am currently going through.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
NayaNdupu ,

my research shows that one-third of people with anxiety get treatment. the fact its a treatable illness.

I am still looking at possible cure totally not some random thing.

also learnt that the brain is not responding with the right chemicals so thee are inbalance of chemical.

I am just too tired.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ambient,
when people experience Trauma of any kind, some people never remain same because their system becomes hyper aroused and some developed a type of anxiety disorder called PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
Which is what is happening to you now
You more like start re-living the event and other symptoms includes
Become hyper aroused at d slightest provocation
Irritable
Have exaggerated startle response to other situations
Difficulty falling or staying asleep
Difficulty concentrating.
Treatment is psychological but if anxiety and other listed symptoms are severe,then drug treatment can be added to relieve them.
About 50% of affected persons recover in 1 year with the above treatment whole a few progresses to a chronic condition.

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
Joel3
You are very right.
Majority of psychological disorders have an underlying biochemical changes which explains why we use drugs for their management in addition to psychological treatments.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by ambient: 6:29am On Sep 29, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Ambient,
when people experience Trauma of any kind, some people never remain same because their system becomes hyper aroused and some developed a type of anxiety disorder called PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
Which is what is happening to you now
You more like start re-living the event and other symptoms includes
Become hyper aroused at d slightest provocation
Irritable
Have exaggerated startle response to other situations
Difficulty falling or staying asleep
Difficulty concentrating.
Treatment is psychological but if anxiety and other listed symptoms are severe,then drug treatment can be added to relieve them.
About 50% of affected persons recover in 1 year with the above treatment whole a few progresses to a chronic condition.
please who should i meet because its been going on for 2 years now..
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 6:55am On Sep 29, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Joel3
You are very right.
Majority of psychological disorders have an underlying biochemical changes which explains why we use drugs for their management in addition to psychological treatments.
I am really scared if this can be corrected again and for how long. I am too tired. I need help seriously not some random drugs.

is it OK to continue from a particular drugs or changing.

I am dying its a serious trouble
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2015
GOOD MORNING PEOPLE
JOIN ME AS I DISCUSS " SLEEP DISORDERS" LIVE ON 95.1FM WAZOBIA TODAY 29th Sept 2015 AT 11AM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

COVID-19: Unilag Produces Ambuvalent Ventilator / #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji / #RipMayowa Trends As Nigerians Mourn Mayowa Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.