Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue (32573 Views)

Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
DrAdeolu
Any decline in ur functioning or academics?
When alone, what do u do mostly?
Any low mood or loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities?
Any other change on appetite or mood?
Sometimes do u have this feeling of unreal experiences?
Any decline in personal hygiene?
Any major life event preceeding this complaints?
Tell me more about your dreams
Day dreams or night?
By hallucinatory experiences I mean smelling, hearing, seeing things occasionally which no other person experiences.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by DarkRider: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Darkrider,
.medical conditions both acute or chronic can cause psychiatric problems. Examples of acute medications include infections like severe malaria, typhoid etc but these diagnosis is usually suspected and made in d presence of signs like fever in addition to a laboratory investigation to confirm an on going infection.

What symptoms did ur brother present with in d first episode and this current episode?
How long did it last b4 he got treatment?

For patients like this, they may behave irrationally or appear disoriented / confused and also have other medical symptoms.
It not very common to always have a repeat of such episode like what ur brother is experiencing. There must be a positive laboratory result to support this claim. Sometimes, rather than say a patient have a clear psychiatric illness n type, some hospitals hide under that umbrella of malaria and typhoid induced psychosis just may be very misleading.
I would advise that he is properly assessed n managed cos he may be at a risk of future relapses if not we'll handled.
It started in August, he complained of body weakness one morning, he later started acting strangely and then attempted to run out of the house. He was taken to hospital where a lab test showed hw had typhoid of around 340 I don't really know what that means. He was treated for some time am not sure how long, I school in another state. After that the typhoid dropped to 180 ; he started behaving normally again and was discharged. He was okay for a week or two, and then it started again around the middle of October, that's when he was admitted again
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
Those values are high for widal titre and they could explain his presentation.
Once the acute infection is addressed, d psychotic symptoms should clear if that's d cause.
He would recover faster and may not need to be on treatment afterwards.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 5:45am On Nov 05, 2015
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH, FEEL FREE TO VISIT www.drnayandupu.com
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Theflint1(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2015
NayaNdupu:
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH, FEEL FREE TO VISIT www.drnayandupu.com
Good morning doctor, what brand name is adderall sold and how much does it cost? I have ADD symptoms and I've tried working on it without resorting to drugs and it hasn't worked. Thanks.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
Theflint1,
Ritalin tablets
Not sure of d cost.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Theflint1(m): 7:29am On Nov 13, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Theflint1,
Ritalin tablets
Not sure of d cost.
thanks sir
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by PrinceCEE(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hi doc, am in dilemma now about myself. I think a lot to the extent that I can spend like 3hrs having imaginations of some kinda meaningful fantasies and mostly about having sex. I've been having insomnia for too long now and it's really disturbing me. My right eyelid frequently shakes and it's gone down to the right side of my neck. The vibration of my right neck pisses me so greatly almost whenever I remember it, it'll happen. Please can u please tell me what the cause and problem is and also help me with the possible solution so as to stop this on time
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
PrinceCEE,
How old are you and how did all these complaints start?
Can I have a list of medications you have been using to treat yourself for these complaints.
Explain this insomnia better.
Is it difficulty falling asleep or difficulty in sustaining sleep or waking up earlier than usual?
The vibration on ur right side of your neck, is it obvious to others or only You?
This complaints appear to be localised only on ur Right?
What else is happening on ur Right?
These shakes occurring on ur eyelids, are they tremors? Any other shaking on other parts if your Body?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by PrinceCEE(m): 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
NayaNdupu:
PrinceCEE,
How old are you and how did all these complaints start?
Can I have a list of medications you have been using to treat yourself for these complaints.
Explain this insomnia better.
Is it difficulty falling asleep or difficulty in sustaining sleep or waking up earlier than usual?
The vibration on ur right side of your neck, is it obvious to others or only You?
This complaints appear to be localised only on ur Right?
What else is happening on ur Right?
These shakes occurring on ur eyelids, are they tremors? Any other shaking on other parts if your Body?

am 22 years. In 2010, I had a problem which was called partial stroke. My lips tilted and I couldn't eat perfectly cos I would hold my lips before I could eat. I took some drugs but not many and after some days, I came back to normal. Lately or earlier this year, I started having the vibrations of my eyelid accompanied with my hands shaking a times whenever I hold or lift something heavy. Although I was really traumatized last year and I suffered obsessive compulsive disorder. I equally noticed that my right eye don't usually close swiftly as will my left eye and it always seems like it's dry. Whenever I eat, tears comes out of my right eye and a times, I develop runny nose whenever I eat. The most irritating one that bothered me much is the vibration of the right side of my neck which started about last month. Since 2010 till date, I've not been on any medication whatsoever predominantly being that I hate drugs or that I thought that what's happening to me isn't much a big deal till the neck stuff.
About the insomnia, I find it so difficult to sleep anytime I want to except at nights. I can sleep soundly without hitch and have nice dreams but at afternoons, I find it so difficult to sleep cos I'll spend about 2-3hrs trying to sleep but it won't happen.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 3:28am On Nov 14, 2015
A few things I have thot about you cld be incomplete recovery from the partial stroke.
U need to first see you cardiologist for another review.
Another possibility cld be what is called Bell's palsy but u need a physical examination to confirm This? You may require a neurologist review.
Meanwhile, U may require d services of a physiotherapist to help you with exercise therapy on that right side.
I won't worry over midday sleep. You shld worry more if u cant sleep at night that's insomnia. No big deals about afternoon naps really.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by PrinceCEE(m): 7:11am On Nov 14, 2015
NayaNdupu:
A few things I have thot about you cld be incomplete recovery from the partial stroke.
U need to first see you cardiologist for another review.
Another possibility cld be what is called Bell's palsy but u need a physical examination to confirm This? You may require a neurologist review.
Meanwhile, U may require d services of a physiotherapist to help you with exercise therapy on that right side.
I won't worry over midday sleep. You shld worry more if u cant sleep at night that's insomnia. No big deals about afternoon naps really.

thanks...

but is there any drugs I can take for now which will subside it a little?

cos I'll be travelling to Ibadan soon cos I just got admitted into UI, so I want do the rest at UCH, Ibadan.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 10:10am On Nov 14, 2015
It's ethnically wrong to just prescribe drugs without seeing a patient or property physical examination.
I have mentioned possible differential diagnosis.
U shld follow it up from there Rather than ask for prescription.
Failure to get a proper assessment may worsen your condition.
Meanwhile visit a physiotherapist as earlier advised.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
hello doc, NayaNdupu...
my recovery is on a slow paste, although I have seen very much improvement if I flash back to what it use to me. and I found out that the swipha talen which I took earlier before i was able to stop it finally months ago through the help from amitriptyline was the culprit to what prolonged my problems. it tooks a lot of time before I start seeing improvements from amitriptyline.

last week Saturday I skip the dose which I normally takes once a day at night to test run staying off medication. I find out that my eyes where open almost all through the night. at about 3 o'clock or so it happens I only know about it when I woke up at 4. then through out to morning my eyes were open even when I tried so hard to sleep back. in the afternoon when I returned from church around 12 i took sleeping drugs so I can sleep the sleep i didn't sleep at night but till now nothing happens.

I will go back to the drugs now so that I can sleep well to night.

aside of that I think I have head zapp or some kind of electric current shock feelings today which i believe might be a withdrawal effect like bringing back the symptoms of a miss medication from last dose.

aside of that again i experience minor symptoms not as threatened the way it was previously. I also have eye side effect from the prolonged intake of the drugs like for night my eye will be forming something scaring from the dark which will only end up been a pieces of clothes. especially when I newly woke up in the middle of the night. it will take some minutes before my sight get clearer I was worried if this is some kind of threat?

thank you very much.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by just2okworld(f): 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
Joel3:
hello doc, NayaNdupu...
my recovery is on a slow paste, although I have seen very much improvement if I flash back to what it use to me. and I found out that the swipha talen which I took earlier before i was able to stop it finally months ago through the help from amitriptyline was the culprit to what prolonged my problems. it tooks a lot of time before I start seeing improvements from amitriptyline.

last week Saturday I skip the dose which I normally takes once a day at night to test run staying off medication. I find out that my eyes where open almost all through the night. at about 3 o'clock or so it happens I only know about it when I woke up at 4. then through out to morning my eyes were open even when I tried so hard to sleep back. in the afternoon when I returned from church around 12 i took sleeping drugs so I can sleep the sleep i didn't sleep at night but till now nothing happens.

I will go back to the drugs now so that I can sleep well to night.

aside of that I think I have head zapp or some kind of electric current shock feelings today which i believe might be a withdrawal effect like bringing back the symptoms of a miss medication from last dose.

aside of that again i experience minor symptoms not as threatened the way it was previously. I also have eye side effect from the prolonged intake of the drugs like for night my eye will be forming something scaring from the dark which will only end up been a pieces of clothes. especially when I newly woke up in the middle of the night. it will take some minutes before my sight get clearer I was worried if this is some kind of threat?

thank you very much.
Hello,who prescribed amytryptyline for you?
Withdrawal from that drug could be deadly,except if your psychiatrist tells you to do so...
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 5:54am On Nov 16, 2015
Joel3,
Am glad to hear that you have seen improvement in your condition.
I agree completely that recovery is usually a gradual process.
It's too early to try stopping d medications cos you may have rebound and worse symptoms.
My advise for you is this, continue with d medication despite d progress made.
After about 6 - 12 months of regular use (ie complete drug compliance) and d advise of your drs, you need to be guided thru the process of medication discontinuation.
Such strong prescription drugs are not discontinued that way.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by just2okworld(f): 8:47am On Nov 16, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Joel3,
Am glad to hear that you have seen improvement in your condition.
I agree completely that recovery is usually a gradual process.
It's too early to try stopping d medications cos you may have rebound and worse symptoms.
My advise for you is this, continue with d medication despite d progress made.
After about 6 - 12 months of regular use (ie complete drug compliance) and d advise of your drs, you need to be guided thru the process of medication discontinuation.
Such strong prescription drugs are not discontinued that way.
My friend has stopped taking hers',she didn't use it up toa month,now she's always feeling suicidal,any help?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
Just2okworld,
There was a good reason why your friend who placed on the medications in the first place.
Like I have said earlier, our diagnosis are managed for a long period.
There is a need to be on the medication for a longer period
If d medications are causing intolerable side effects, they need to be reviewed and patient placed on something much more acceptable.
The drugs couldn't have made her suicidal rather she must have been placed on them cos she was suicidal or had related symptoms.
Being suicidal is VERY SERIOUS
please ensure she sees her doctors urgently.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by just2okworld(f): 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Just2okworld,
There was a good reason why your friend who placed on the medications in the first place.
Like I have said earlier, our diagnosis are managed for a long period.
There is a need to be on the medication for a longer period
If d medications are causing intolerable side effects, they need to be reviewed and patient placed on something much more acceptable.
The drugs couldn't have made her suicidal rather she must have been placed on them cos she was suicidal or had related symptoms.
Being suicidal is VERY SERIOUS
please ensure she sees her doctors urgently.
Ok thanks for your prompt response,please can I have your whatsapp number or bbm pin sir?so we can discuss further...thanks
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 1:26am On Nov 19, 2015
GOOD MENTAL HEALTH
There is more to mental well-being than simply being without mental illness.
Good mental health entails:
* Positive emotions
* Emotional stability
* Being able to bounce back in the face of adversity
* Feeling positive about your life and future
* Positive feelings about yourself
* Taking an interest in your work and activities
* Knowing that what you do in life is valuable and worthwhile
* Knowing that what you do gives you sense of accomplishment and makes you competent
* Having people in your life that you care about and who also cares for you.
Healthy mental state is something to strive for.
For more on mental health visit www.drnayandupu.com
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 1:58am On Nov 19, 2015
NayaNdupu , please help me oh. my eye, there is problem with my eye oh.

each time I wake up from sleep my vision is not clear oh. I am seeing another thing entirely. something scaring. it takes some seconds before it clear. I told the doctor 2 days ago my appointment date but he said it will go after some time. my next appointment is a month time. but I am troubled and really scared. please help me. my next appointment is far. what can I do.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 2:20am On Nov 19, 2015
Joel3, you can call me between 11am and 2pm tomorrow so we can discuss this eye complain better.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 2:31am On Nov 19, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Joel3, you can call me between 11am and 2pm tomorrow so we can discuss this eye complain better.
OK thanks. you mean today I guess.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 2:42am On Nov 19, 2015
NayaNdupu

one thing I need to say, before I was transfered to a permanent doctor to handle it. I used to see deferent doctor on shift. the first doc that recommend me amitriptyline added ocuvite to it. but When I got home i did a search on ocuvite and found out it was for eye vitamins I was like what is this, this doc don't know what I complain for and she is giving me eye treatment instead of the actual complained I did. when i was transfered to this permanent doctor handling it, this doc did not add ocuvite or any other to it.

now I am beginning to think maybe this was the reason the lady doc added that ocuvite and if I should just go and buy the ocuvite now myself please help me and advice
i will call u later.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by shindarayo(f): 7:09am On Nov 19, 2015
Doctor,can u pls tell me d cause of lower back pain,slight headache once.in a while,frequent urination,been hypochondric(dont know ifbi got d spellimg)all dis is d symptoms my younger sis.complained abt.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 8:40am On Nov 20, 2015
please read my last post it was hiding initially. I just resolved it with the mod. no need to quote it you will be banned by spam bot.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 3:23am On Nov 21, 2015
Shindarayo
Your sister has symptoms all over the place .
Low back ache cld be due to bad sitting postures, musculoskeletal conditions, referred pains....
Frequent urination maybe be a sign if urinary infections, diabetes etc
Headaches is usually associated with other medical conditions raging from malaria, typhoid, neurological disorders....
How did you arrive at a diagnosis of hypochrondriasis?
By the way, how old is your sister?
How long have this complains been on?
She shld start by seeing her doctor so the above complaints be investigated first.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 5:58am On Nov 21, 2015
I also took one ocuvite yesterday with Apple fruit and I think it is better now, so no cause for alarm.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
hello. I found out that anytime I eat anything sugar including bourvnvita tea it has a reaction on me in just few minutes. this also applicable to beer. please help me with the list of no eating Nigeria food.? also I got itching body after every sponge bath.
please. thanks.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
BEATING CHRISTMAS ANXIETIES
The holidays are here again...
Christmas is a challenging time for our stress levels and it could be harder on those already with mental ill health.
While Christmas is meant to bring the peace it preaches, for some people, it leaves them broken and in pieces because while others share love, some have no one to share with or what to share. Sometimes Christmas period comes with memories of lost loved ones.
Other reasons why Christmas maybe stressful for many people include the financial stress/ burden, increased family contact and conflicts, losses ....
If you have the tendency get anxious or stressed during Christmas, here are some useful tips on coping
* Avoid unrealistic seasonal influences
* Set Christmas budgets and stick to it
* Be grateful for what you have and focus less on what you don't have
* Avoid excessive rumination about your life and situation
* Show kindness
* Connect with family and friends
* Drink in moderation if you must
* Eat healthy
* Exercise and Keep fit
* Focus your thoughts on all the good about Christmas
* Connect to the true essence of Christmas
* If you think you suffer from anxiety during periods like this, seek help from a mental health professional
FINALLY, I WISH YOU ALL A PEACEFUL AND BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 5:55am On Dec 15, 2015
dear nayandupu,

I think I finally find the name to what I am experiencing and told you about. and not blurred vision as you have said, it is "hallucinations" I was able to dig this out from my research online. when I woke up at night it only happens in the dark. I see things entirely deferent (scaring moving images from things around in the dark) and it only get cleared after some several seconds or if I put on the light. it less or increases from days to days, it improve sometimes or increase some times, though not knowing its due to with light in or light out. another thing is that light shone as i can't look it or look close to it directly with my eye if newly woke up.

and I also figured out that the doc reduce the drugs from previous two at night to one at night from last visit. initially for a week I was taking two until I saw that it was now written 1 at night instead of the usual two. so I then shift to one at night.

today is my appointment day. I will be going there and also to explain. during this period of taking one a day. sometimes it felt like the headache is gradually coming back with some of it past sensation or feeling. I am getting tired of it complications as I can't just wait till this whole things goes away if out all it will. I will be the happiest dude cause it feel to just end the life at times.

my fear is this will ever goes away. and what time exactly the drug already producing side effect. getting irritating and annoyed especially the buzzing nose and leg sensation and head zap.

I am just too tired

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

#SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji / COVID-19: Unilag Produces Ambuvalent Ventilator / #RipMayowa Trends As Nigerians Mourn Mayowa Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.