Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,959 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict (22371 Views)

8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone / V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / 20 Weird Things You Might Do If You Are A Smartphone Addict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by arixsto2(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2015
true

Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by gozmok1(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2015
OKNkanu:
I am guilty!!....What's the cure??
troway ur phone away
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by omoadeleye(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2015
No.need of talking i concured
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Slimmos(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2015
1,3 and 5, i cant do without
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by chaxking(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2015
Guilty grin
kingstylo01:
The invention of smartphones has gone a long way to improving our life style and making things easier for us. But as the saying goes, too much of everything is too bad and everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage. This is not different with smartphones either. We are here to give you some funny but realistic signs that make you a smartphone addict.

1. YOU TAKE YOUR ARGUMENTS TO GOOGLE FOR FINAL PROOF
Today, with the help of Google, information reaches our finger tips easily unlike before. Let’s say you are in class with some friends, an issue just aroused that caused disagreement; the first thing you do is to bring out your smartphone and Google the answer, putting an end to the discussion. This tends to settle arguments quickly unlike back in the days when Google was not that popular making you guys will argue and argue, each person sticking to his opinion.
If you have an attitude of putting questions forward to Google in any argument just like the example above, then it’s a sign that you’re addicted to smartphone.

2. ALWAYS TAKING SELFIES
I know ladies are guilty of this! If you are the type that loves taking selfies everywhere, on the street, in classroom, in the kitchen, everywhere, then you may be categorized among those addicted to their smartphones.

3. YOU GO TO THE TOILET WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE
Toilets are strictly made for privacy, that’s why there are locks on the doors so as to make one comfortable and have maximum privacy, disconnecting us from the outside world. Some folks however will take their smartphone to the toilet, despite the fact that toilets aren’t made for texting. Operating mobile phones in the toilet is bad habit and a sign of a smartphone addict.
Have you ever been pressed and ran to the toilet only to find out that you are not with your smartphone then rushes back to get it? If yes, then consider yourself addicted to your smart phone.

4. YOU BUMP INTO A VEHICLE OR ITEM WHILE ON THE STREET
“Oh! Let me see what the latest gist is," you say to yourself, chatting as you walk maybe in a lonely street, then you mistakenly bump into a pole wire or into someone. Many of young folks are guilty of this! If you bump into objects on the street while operating your device, it is a sure sign that you are addicted. If you are among this set, then believe me you, you are a smart phone addict.
All over the world, there are reports of accidents caused by smartphones, and its increasing day by day. This has become so serious that in places like Nevada, police are on the watch for those that text while walking, ready to fine them.

5. YOU USE YOUR PHONE IN BED
On a final note, if you are always checking your smartphone enthusiastically before you sleep, then it’s a sign that you are a smart phone addict. There are several studies which show how using smartphones before sleeping greatly affects our sleep. In Norway, a recent study shows that using your smartphone an hour before sleep doubles the risk of getting poor sleep.
Although we might have come across different reports saying that operating smartphone before sleeping is bad, many of us can’t just do without our smartphones before sleeping. If you are reading this now and are about going to bed, then don’t deny it, you are a smartphone addict.
If you fall among any of these categories listed here, then know that you are a smartphone addict. Almost all youngsters fall in at least one of the category listed above; true or false?

If you know any other sign that show you are addicted to your smartphone, feel free to drop it down here, using the comment box.

source: http://slytechspot..com/2015/07/sings-that-you-are-a-smartphone-addict.html
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Elxandre(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2015
Revolva:
I hate selfies
Are you ugly? grin
kidding. I hate selfies too, maybe only narcists enjoy taking them.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by sonnyudoh(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2015
U check nairaland.com while having sex
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by crespola: 11:10am On Jul 12, 2015
I no dey use n0. 1 joke o
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Lovexme(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2015
OP, I'm about to do number 3. Sue me!
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by crystalzoe: 11:11am On Jul 12, 2015
guilty as charged! pls be gentle Ur Honor.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by oyinbayode(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2015
God forgive me ai m guilty of all dose....listed above wen ll i be the FTC Nah......
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by creepsyme(f): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2015
am guilty ur honour!!!!
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Brytawon(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2015
So wah diff dos it mak
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by STEVENcrack(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2015
He must have a powerbank.

And he suffers random vibrational syndrome( he hears persistent chat Alerts when there's actually no pings)
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by StObaino1(m): 11:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Am guilty of 1,3,5.. so for now am yet to be an addict...
ohhh selfies sometime..lol
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Youngsage: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2015
Kreamie:
I shouldnt go to bed with my phone? What if theres an emergency?
statistics have shown that 99% of smartphone users are guilty of that @ no. 5.
I sleep off while working with mine almost everyday. Smh for myself
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by otabuko(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2015
And i am an addict.....
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Guilty of all except number 4
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by kenoz(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
I do all except no. 2.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by mikron(m): 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
3 and 5
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by just2endowed: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
If u are in the habit of flashing custom roms all the time and always buying any latest phone . I think that person is an addict
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by 1boylikevhis(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
OMG,I'm an Addict!!!
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Olypeppy(f): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
And my love for Nairaland isn't helping matters....Always checking on new topics
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by OsoDupe(f): 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
All except 4
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Haywhymido(m): 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
guilt of two out of dem all, d 1st n d last one
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by abercrombie(m): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
Tolzeal:
I'M GUILTY OF ALL

Pass me your JUDGMENT.
ure sentence to 15yrz ban with hard labour.....#No_Homo
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by wtfCode: 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
I'm guilty of no.1, 3 and 5.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by RapLawd(m): 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
Op with all this you mentioned,tell me who's not a smartphone addict?
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Moheat(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Guilty as charged! Court !! remind the suspect
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
No. 1 is so not true. That doesn't mean that u are addicted to ur phone, rather it is more of always trying to get an argument settled once and for all via a reputable source.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Kazrem(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
I am guilty of 3 and 5.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are A Smartphone Addict by Kazrem(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
OsoDupe:
All except 4
Almost everyone is guilty of that 3 and 5.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC / Download Aero Whatsapp Latest Version 8.22 For Android / BB Q10 Keeps On Restarting Displaying Error 'www.bberror.com/bb10-0020[SOLVED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.