Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) (38100 Views)

Help Please: How Do I Cure Too Much Sweating / Women's Health: How To Tackle Excessive Sweating Under Your Breast / How Can I Stop Profuse Sweating Out Of My Armpits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by shudi(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2015
Sweating keeps the body cool in hot weather but it becomes a problem when one perspires excessively. If
not controlled, it could lead to body odour. Here are
ways to manage sweating

1. Use antiperspirants

Deodorants only mask unpleasant smells, but antiperspirants stop sweating. Antiperspirants contain
aluminum salts, which plug the sweat glands and
reduce the amount of sweat that travels to the skin.

Men who sweat always should use extra-strength antiperspirants even for the groin. To apply on the groin, simply swipe the antiperspirant over the sweaty area. Discontinue immediately if there is any rash, burning sensation, or irritation on the skin.

2. Stay fresh

To sweat less, take extra measures to stay fresh.
Covered and hidden parts of the body like the armpits
and crotch area are prone to sweat more than other
areas. Bathing two or three times a day especially at
the periods when the body sweats the most, could
keep the body cool and reduce sweating. Also, applying talcum powder could help cool down the body.

3. Reduce caffeine intake

Caffeine, contained in hot coffee has a way of
stimulating the sweat glands and makes you sweat more. It stimulates the central nervous system, which
activates the sweat glands. If you have to drink coffee, be sure it is not too hot.

,4. Change your wardrobe

If it is likely that you will spend a lot of time outdoors,
opt for clothes with cool and breathable fabric like cotton or linen. Also, clothes that absorb sweat can also help you stay dry. Some colours, like black and other dark shades make people sweat more. Men who have sweaty feet should not go barefoot when wearing shoes. Damp feet are a perfect place for smelly bacteria and fungi to thrive. Opt for sandals for air circulation around the feet. If you have to wear shoes, wear with socks to absorb the sweat. Socks made of cotton are more effective.

5. Try Botox

Botox, used by most celebrities to smooth out wrinkles, has also been successful in treating excessive underarm sweat. It works by blocking chemical signals from nerves which trigger muscles of the sweat glands to open up and release sweat. The disadvantage is that it is not a permanent solution but its effect can last up to six or eight months. Also, they could be expensive and have side effects. Consult a doctor or dermatologist before receiving Botox injections.

6. Get medication

Not all cases of excessive sweating are ordinary;
some medical/health conditions could stimulate
excessive sweating from the sweat glands. When this
condition lingers for long, it is advisable to see a
doctor for diagnosis, prescription and treatment.

http://www.punchng.com/spice/for-men/sweat-less/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by neutrotoba(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2015
O Kaare

Been a while on FTC...

I'm using this medium to Promote my soon to be released track "Darling"

But in the mean time, you can download "Tired" here: http://www.tindeck.com/dl/omnp

Trust me, it's good!

#IloveNairaland

6 Likes

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by braine(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2015
Sweating is not a bad thing. It reduces the salt content of the body which is a good thing, especially for obese people. I'd rather suggest the person works out daily and sweat it all out before heading out.

24 Likes

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by shudi(m): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2015
braine:
Sweating is not a bad thing. It reduces the salt content of the body which is a good thing, especially for obese people. I'd rather suggest the person works out daily and sweat it all out before heading out.

Spot On!

4 Likes

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by msmon(m): 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
braine:
Though sweating can be embarrassing if not properly managed. Cc lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by jerflakes(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
No be small thing.

So person no fit sweat?

For naija again?

Abeg no make naija sun jam you.

Deodorant dey respect himself when naija sun dey shine.

19 Likes

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by sukkot: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
harvest
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by ShakurM(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
Carry handkerchief, hand fan or AC sef with u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by PStacks(m): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
cheesy change your wardrobe cheesy

I be senator ne wey dey receive wardrobe allowance?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
Seen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Afrocatalyst: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
OK. Obviously needed by active men
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by DworldsGM: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
didnt quite meet my expectation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
nyc one op,some people dey sweat as if say BH guys put knife for dia neck,eg one of my sec school class mates years ago Bose...choi..before you go to bed, there are things you shouldn't do,its bad for your health..see here http://yesreport..com/2015/07/10-do-nots-before-going-to-bed_12.html?m=0
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Adesiji77: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
Thanks
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by toluxa1(m): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
Thanks for the tips. What about those that don't sweat enough?

https://www.nairaland.com/2337074/new-audiobeats-rugby-design-wireless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by bekuo1: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
good one

1 Share

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Ewizard(m): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
useful..
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by jamex93(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
angry angry

na every guy dey collect wardrobe allowance ni
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Spaxon(f): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
grin
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by EMMYB0Y(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
keep body cool!!!!

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by eleko1: 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
sad

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by fratermathy(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Some of these sweating bouts can be a gift in disguise. Those who perspire more are less likely to get a terminal illness. They have a stronger immune system and are always active and smart. The downside is the irritation and discomfort of sweating and sometimes the embarrassment. However, I do not suggest that medications be taken for hyperperspiration except when it's either a medical condition or it becomes an issue that can't be tolerated.

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by architez: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
I am on FP for the 2nd time on NL. (BIG FAT HAIRY DEAL HUH?).

As for the topic, you'd find better answers on Google

I don't know why it's on FP.

Tell the Mods the topic below is what should be on FP because it relates to all the defilement happening now and really needs to be discussed.
Here is the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/2439827/age-consent-sex-what-want

cc: farano
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by allanphash7(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
This cant work in orile iganmu and ajegunle in Lagos

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
What of men that work under the sun 24/7
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Justicealh3(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
Like.
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by LEvuls(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
Poor man's writeup

Don't dare recommend this to a rich man

Though they sweat but absolutely not to the extent you imagine undecided

God punish poverty
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Mortiano(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
big thanks to all nairalanders dat help me to celebrate my day today

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Estimable(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
i hear u.......
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by tolexy007(m): 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
H
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Renciababy01: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: See How You Can Reduce Sweating (men) by Brytawon(m): 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
gringringrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have The Feeling To Urinate After Every One Hour, Please Help A Sister / Free At Last! Boy With Locked Arms Celebrate After Successful Surgery. Photos / Stop Breastfeeding Your Husbands, Breast Milk Is For Babies - Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.