Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. (168085 Views)

Stylish Oluwo Of Iwo Shows Off His Swags As He Strolls With Other Kings In Osun / List Of First Class Kings In Nigeria By ThisTrend / 9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by pupsyd: 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
BUT NOW KINGS ARE USELESS
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by rockafela(m): 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
Freemanan:

He is the OLU OF ITSEKIRIS who occupy the main Warri as it was known then occupied mainly by the Itsekiri folks... I agree with your opinion That's Why there is a slash there.... and Thanks for the full name... It hurts that Ovie of Uvwie can't make such list... King dey fall ma hand..
there's nothing like the Olu of Itsekiri...from inception it has been known and addressed as THE OLU OF WARRI. Take it or leave it

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by SammyO4real: 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
Alaketu ti ketu
Onigbongbo ti gbongo
Orompoto niyun
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by topazjosh(m): 7:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
Oba victor adesimbo kiladejo CFR,Osemawe of Ondo kingdom

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by deavicky(m): 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
The list cannot be complete without the ATTA of IGALA

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
rockafela:
there's nothing like the Olu of Itsekiri...from inception it has been known and addressed as THE OLU OF WARRI. Take it or leave it
Please ensure you are intellectually armed before meddling with my mentions.... Many have cried for lesser crime... Consult your history journals and get back to daddy...

1 Like

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by xtervaganza(m): 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
jantofubu:
bt d kings' king is jesus. Take it or leave it
if dem born your pastor well let him offend the gods. Only then you will know your Jesus has his limits
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Op. i don't agree with that no 1 spot...that should go to Sultan of Sokoto...ask any northerner that knows abt monarchy....they are ranked thus Sultan, Emir of Katsina, Emir of Kebbi, Emir of Bornu, Then Emir of Kano...i guess Kano being a commercial city and popularity made u gave her no 1.
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
deavicky:
The list cannot be complete without the ATTA of IGALA
Oh God
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by RJayson(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
Evribody dey fight for their own king.

1 Like

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by RJayson(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
Evribody dey fight for hin own king.
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by xreal: 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
Radoillo:
I wonder why the Etsu Nupe , the Ata Igala and the Shehu of Borno never make lists like this. Personally, I believe these three kings are more influential/powerful than some of the rulers on the list.

that's a King, a top one at that.

Emir of Songa..... hmmm. i comment my reserve on him, despite his high level of education.
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ever heard of the Emir of Zazzau. The Igwe of Nnewi
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by rexbuton: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Freemanan:
What is your question sir?
My questions have been resolved mate

1 Like

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by destinysaid(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
I never see the knig I want o..... What of oba-emir kilam shekau 1 of sambisa ?

1 Like

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Where is the Awujale of Ijebu?
How is he powerful?

1 Like

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by rexbuton: 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Freemanan:

1 Like

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
Fake list. Olu of WARRI is the best
We lord over warri

3 Likes

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by rexbuton: 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
Freemanan:

1 Like

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
RJayson:
Evribody dey fight for hin own king.
You dey mind them? King wey no send them.
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by rexbuton: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
Freemanan:
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Pigin1: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
This list can't be completed without the inclusion of the one and only HRH Abubakar Shekau of Sambisa land!!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by lakesidepapa(m): 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
10. THE OLUBADAN OF IBADAN. The title Olubadan means “Lord of Ibadan” and it is the royal title of the king of Ibadan land. It usually takes decades to groom an Olubadan for the mantle through stages of chieftaincy promotion, thus meaning that just about any male born title-holder of the metropolitan center is a potential king. Olubadans are usually appointed from the two ruling lines to the throne, Egbe Agba (civil) and Balogun (military) on rotational basis following the death of a monarch. The 11 high chiefs that formed the Olubadan-in- council, apart from the Seriki and Iyalode, are recognised as the traditional head of each of the 11 LGs in Ibadanland. They are appointed as presidents of customary courts, who are expected to adjudicate on matrimonial, land, boundary and other communal disputes. Oba Samuel Odulana, Odugade is the current Olubadan and although the position like many other monarchical positions is now largely symbolic, the Olubadan remains a prominent figure and has influence on matters of local politics as well as question political leaders on issues such as violence, corruption and lack of true democracy in the region.
Op u chop kulikuli ni? Abi u are high? U forgot to mention my town king. A whole Adimula and paramount ruler of Ijesha land. Oba. Dr.Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran.

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Why didn't you just say 10 most powerful kings in yoruba land. Mtcheew!
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
Brave86:
Ever heard of the Emir of Zazzau.
The Igwe of Nnewi
No
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
Freemanan:

Please ensure you are intellectually armed before meddling with my mentions.... Many have cried for lesser crime... Consult your history journals and get back to daddy...

Its Olu of WARRI.

Your hatred 4 itskeri will eat you up

1 Like

Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by etenyong(m): 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
Obong of Calabar should make the list
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
rockafela:

There hatred 4 us stink.
We all know that its OLU of WARRi. Even the great Awolowo recognized that.

We Lord OVER WArRi along side our urhobo brothers
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
henboy01:

Ogiameeeee!!!!!!! Suo!!!!!!!!
We Rock !!!!!!!!!!
Re u from Itsekiri too ?
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by RJayson(m): 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
blublahd:
You dey mind them? King wey no send them.
lol, naso bro.
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by engrjacuzzi: 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
nothing was said of obong of calabar. its unfair oooo. this is real tribalism
Re: Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
ogbonti:
Olu of Itsekiri indeed... please, he is the Olu of Warri, and it is an insult to call him by his birth name. His title is HIS MAJESTY, THE OLU OF WARRI, OGIAME ATUWATSE II. Afo were tse were! Ogbowuru!! Afomasin!!! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! / Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.