Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,569 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 (1744 Views)

Bayelsa: Ballot Papers Destroyed In Gbarantoru, SILGA (photos) / Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo / Photos: Jonathan's Campaign Banners Destroyed In Abuja By Unknown Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2009
The oppostion parties in Nigeria should come together and present a united front come 2011. Strong candidates should be fielded these are proven performers. Some of the strong candidates come 2011 are listed below. The name on the left is Presidential candidate and the one in the middle is VP, while the one on the left SFG

1. Soludo / Fashola / Umar (Major ) - this is a strong combination of very principled individuals if only all oppostion groups can come together and present a united front , but the Northerners might fill marginalised as Yaradua has not done his 2nd term and might want to support PDP. Obviously Soludo will have to step down from his current position and start to dissociate himself from PDP.

2. Soludo / Umar / Fashola - This combination will help with the marginalised Northereners, but they might not be contented knowing fully well that Baba (Obasanjo did his 2 terms ). If u notice the 1st 2 combination u will realise that Soludo been an Igbo man is at forefront in both. I am fully aware that the igbos has been marginalised in recent Nigeria history and needs to have a shot at it.

3. Umar / Souldo / Fashola - This might be the one that will kill off Yaradua, if only the Igbos can be patient enough to let Umar lead all opposition Group, the marginalised Northerners will come on board. The west will be happey, and PDP is already has started to disintegrate in some southern states.

4. Umar / Fashola / Soludo - Another strong presentation the igbos might not be too happy with this combination in that their man will be the SFG. But when you look at political experience you will have to agree that Soludo is the less experinece when it comes to being in goverment and actually been a Governor.

5. Fashola / Umar / Soludo - Millions of fashola fans will want him to run for the top job but it is just too early, it will be a disater for the opposition if they are to go for this combination. I have nothing against Fashola I just think its early days.

6.Ngozi Iweala / Umar / Fashola - Looks good on paper, but another disater if the oppositon goes for this combination. It will apeal to the Igbos thus.

7. Umar / Duke / Fashola - Here again the igbos are taken out of the equation, Duke will have to come off the PDP to stand a chance. He has nothing to lose if he so desire. All experienced ex Governors might actually be able to give Yaradua a run for his money.

8. Balarabe Musa / Fashola / Soludo - A concession candidate, although not too sure how old Balarabe is these days.

I am sure there are more stronger combinations out there NL Contribute, PDP must be destroyed at all cost come 2011
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by Afam4eva(m): 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2009
That's if they will agree to come together.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2009
We have 24 months to get the combinaton right, with the right combination there is nothing PDP can do it will just be like a wild fire, the Obama phenomena in America. The next part will be to push the right of combination to run as one and as a unifying force for the nation.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2009
Common Igbo brothers come up with proven leaders that will be able to stop Yaradua in his track come 2011. I seem to be struggling with with names that will be nationally accepted.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by otokx(m): 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2009
Why destroy PDP when they can be defeated?
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by DisGuy: 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2009
This combination will help with the marginalised Northereners

when did northerners start being marginalised in nigerian politics?

If you think its too early for Fashola, what about Soludo? i T hink he should start by being a Governor or SSG

Umar and Balarabe musa (is he still alive?) shouldnt not be in the frame anymore, (new)Ex governors or techonocrats will do

KnowAll:

Common Igbo brothers come up with proven leaders that will be able to stop Yaradua in his track come 2011. I seem to be struggling with with names that will be nationally accepted.
not that problem, someone from the SE who is not only 'famous' in his hometown- the solution is to search the private sector- them bukun for tha area
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by fegflu: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2009
duke should be remove from the equation. the PDP sTYLE OF doin tins still runs in his blood. he needs proper redemption first b4 been included.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2009
Yaradua / Goodluck / dont even who the SFG is these after the sacking of Kingibe.

This is a lame duck combination.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by ilaugh1: 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2009
who tell you, Poster?
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2009
baba go-slow / house boy / turai yaradua I heard she is the de facto SFG now

is not even lame duck, it is lamest duck, they have to rig big time come 2011.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2009
not that problem, someone from the SE who is not only 'famous' in his hometown- the solution is to search the private sector- them bukun for tha area,

Jim Ovia might be a concession candidate from the east, is he Igbo, and secondly he was arrested for question by EFCC that might have tainted his reputation.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2009
Why destroy PDP when they can be defeated?

Destroy in this context means massive defeat or landslide defeat

Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 11:15am On Mar 09, 2009
This VIP must be brought down

Vagabons In Power

A little story to make your day.

There are 5 couples with 5 kids, All 5 couples had $10.00 to spend a week. Then the following week they get another $10.00. 4 of the couples decided that they will give their kids $.50 a week dinner money. (Lunch is called dinner in the UK why I dont know ) This 4 couples also decided to spend $1.50 for themselves a week and save the rest. So each week 4 of these couples where saving $6.00 a week. The 5th couple decided to give each of his kids $1.50 each, spand another $2.00 on it self and save the rest for a raining day. The 5th couple could only save $.50 a week. The 5th couple is Nigeria and the 1st 4 couples are most western countries. Nigeria a poor country by western standard decides to pay its public servants 39% of its total income, this should not be allowed to go on anymore. we should throw this goverment out come 2011.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by lucabrasi(m): 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2009
pdp being destroyed is not as forlon as we might think,in the south west for instance in the last elections ac cleaned out and won convincingly but for inec and their machinations,evidence has shown that at least in lagos,osun,ekiti(ac) and ondo(labour/ac)ogun(anpp/labour ac)led with gbenga daniel coming behind.

in the east apga,ppa cleaned out and in the north anpp, rather than focus on anpp i think inec should be the main focus and all the spotlight should continue to be on iwu so he wont have a chance to perpetuate the fraud he did in 2007,i read somewhere that tinubu,oshiomoloe,akanda and other ac stalwarts are going to be party agents in the forthcoming re run in ekiti state to forestall any inec machinations, already in one of the wowns where the re run is taking place(ikole)some inec staffs and pdp agents have been caught and handed over to the police for removing the ac names in the electoral register leaving the pdp names
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by debosky(m): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2009
PDP cannot be destroyed by any of the permutations mentioned above.

Granted the PPA and APGA (if united) can claim that the PDP doesn't have a majority in the SE, but they remain dominant in most other zones, except for the North East where ANPP holds sway.

Popularity on pages of newspapers doesn't guarantee much these days. PDP has a formidable election winning machinery, and without a concerted effort, they cannot be defeated.

Soludo has some credibility, but with the banks struggling at the moment. he is on shaky ground. Umar? Ex-military man so soon after OBJ is certain to fail.

It would be pertinent to note that a number of the non-PDP parties have emerged from disgruntled PDP members who were denied opportunities to run for office. The fact is, with PDP trying to regain ground by re-integrating dissenting members, the task will be more difficult.

Luca is right in saying INEC's neutrality is the key problem. If this can be achieved, we will know how much on-the=ground popularity the PDP has and how much of it is manipulation.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2009
The strategy will be for the opposition parties to rally round each other and also to woo disgruntled PDP men into their fold, and speak with one voice.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2009
"Luca is right in saying INEC's neutrality is the key problem. If this can be achieved, we will know how much on-the=ground popularity the PDP has and how much of it is manipulation. "

INEC reminds me of a catoon that I read in a Nigerian newspaper more than 20 years ago. I will never forget that catoon, 2 teams where playing a football match and one of the teams scored a goal, the refree ran to the guy who scored the and lifted him up, celebrating with the team that scored the goal, the team at the receiving end were dumbfounded, they knew there is no way there winning this match.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by RichyBlacK(m): 1:00am On Mar 10, 2009
Are votes counted in Nigeria? undecided A failed state!
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by lucabrasi(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Are votes counted in Nigeria? undecided A failed state!

they are,and contrary to popular opinion,the fault isnt just with inec and corrupt politicians but the average nigerian voters as well collecting bags of rice and 1000naira notes to vote in elections, if you make me sell my house and other properties to give you bribes then you bet your behind the first thing ill do when i get to power is to recover my lost properties and some
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by DisGuy: 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2009
KnowAll:

The strategy will be for the opposition parties to rally round each other and also to woo disgruntled PDP men into their fold, and speak with one voice.

opposition cant rally together that easily, they can only do that in regions like in the South West; AC labour and co merging to form a stronger party , AC is not visible in the SE,North at all
In the South East its is very difficult to see any clear party dominating and the chances of smaller parties forming a coalition is next to none, the re-run election in Calabar, no one knew who was contesting against the PDPs Liyel Imoke

Another thing you have to remember is that most of those disgruntled PDP members are waiting for their opportunity to go back, their structure and spread is better than any other party in the country at the moment, some of the other parties are just one man show e.g pat utomi's party (what are they called again?) APGA, some dont even have representative in other states
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2009
We wait to see what happens in Ekiti State, Yaradua is not a dabbler like OBJ. Yaradua strikes me as a man that will stick with due process, if he loses he loses, he will accept his faith. I might be wrong, but thats how he comes across. If Fashoye does not support Oni, Oni has not get a chance, so we wait and see as things unfold in this re-run, it will be a precursor for 2011.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by walata44(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2009
It is so sad that we have to result to picking candidate to run for highest office in the land by looking at what part of the country the person is from. I am a Yoruba man, I challenge ordinary yoruba citizen that benefited from Obasanjo presidency. We need competent man for the job no matter where this person comes from in Nigeria.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2009
"It is so sad that we have to result to picking candidate to run for highest office in the land by looking at what part of the country the person is from. I am a Yoruba man, I challenge ordinary yoruba citizen that benefited from Obasanjo presidency. We need competent man for the job no matter where this person comes from in Nigeria."

Fashola would have been a brilliant be choice, but baba obj has reps the yourubas for 8 years, there are 399 other tribes that will fancy their own chances.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2009
Looks like PDP can fight back with what Bukola Sarak's is doing in Kwara state.

Lets see what the Permutions will be

Yaradua is not feeling too well, decides Bukola should run for presidency, Duke sees his chance decides to stay put with PDP,

Bukola / Duke / Ngozi Iweala - would the Northerners really accept Bukola as a true northerner ?

Bukola / Ngozi Iweala / Nuhu Ribadu - this is a tight combination and a match winner the opposition will have come up with something stronger.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2009
with Atiku romancing with everbody, we are not sure where the wind will eventually blow him either with pdp or the opposition, he seems to be courting both camps.

Lets see what permutations we have if eventually he decides to re-decamp with pdp if there is an expression like that.

Thats if Yardua throws in the towel and says enough is enough

Atiku Demiji Bankole Soludo this will not be a bad combination reps all 3 major tribes this will finish any opposition combination.

If on the other hand Atiku peaches his camp with the oppostion

Atiku Fashola  Duke ( thats if Duke becomes disillusioned with pdp )

Atiku Fashola Ngozi Iweala ( if Ngozi's is disillusioned with pdp )

Atiku Ngozi Iweala Fahola depends on what pdp puts out. this will be acceptable to all parts of Naija.

We will wait and see, this thread is a count down to 2011 and will be active till then, there will be sevral chops and changes along the way, it will be worthy of reading the various permutations before  2011.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by Becomrrich: 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2009
This is the way it would likely go with bukola saraki or fashola in the race. I advice yar adua, again and again. Remove Yorubas into the republic of Benin.

Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by Becomrrich: 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2009
With the Yorubas and bendle bayelsa area.

Yar adua wins.

Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by noetic(m): 12:40am On Mar 16, 2009
its amazing that d poster can only throw names around to run for president.
and what would they do wen they get to power?
same way nigerians vouched for an ill prepared yaradua.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by joobreel(m): 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2009
what is Soludo doing in these permutations. Abeg, lets field another igbo man.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by Becomrrich: 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2009
soludo is not into politics.
Dede, you people don’t get it. First of all igbos should not be upset over what I am going to say. But I love to speak the truth. It is not that people do not want to vote for the Igbos. It is just that the igbos do not have anyone at the moment that can win the 2011 election.

A candidate must cross ethnics line. The igbos do not have one. Orji kalu is seen as an igbo leader and not a Nigeria leader. I could assume Kalu is the most out spoken Igbo man around.

You see , you cant elect a person who is not in politics into power. I do not think Ngozi Iweala can win her state. Not to talk of president of Nigeria. Dora cant win her state too. You have to be able to win your state before you talk of President of Nigeria.

You look at Igbos , who have been governors or is still governor or you look at the senate. No igbos senator stand out to be president. President is a man with vision and idea. And no igbos stand at. And while you look at governors, No igbo governor have done any special thing. You have to stand out. People would not vote for ameachi and ameachi is for the oil companies.

The best the igbo could present is chimaroke nnamani apart from Orji Kalu. And he has a problem with EFCC. And Orji kalu would not win beyoud igboland So the igbos are out of the 2011 election.

Another point is you have Jonathan already in , so if you are talking about president from the south. South south would want Jonathan in as president in 2011. So the south south stand a better chances as president than Igbo.

And one issue igbos needs to know, is acceptability. And this is not a statement to verify, we all know this. Igbos tend not to be acceptable to 90% of Nigerian. Majority of Nigerian would not vote for an igboman , no matter how good he or she is.

The igboman on the street have planted wrong or negative information of who an igbo person is. Nearly every Nigerian has a story to tell about an igbo man. Most Nigerian do not trust igbos in business.

I think the igbos need to deal with the common igbo. I think the igbos have to rebrand who is an igboman in the mind of Nigerian first.

Is an igboman your friend, the one that rip you off in business 90% of the time. Is an igboman a drug dealer we see every day from country to country. This is where the igbos needs to take care of . I mean rebranding an igbo man. And then an igboman would be president. You have to clear from the mind set of other Nigerian that igbos can not be trusted. And it start by common igbos on the street been honest and stop cheating people in business. And that would take many years of doing. Trust me on this. Other Nigerian do not trust igbos.

This are factor why fashola is been consider by the opposition. The opposition believe fashola running for president would mean a win in 10 states. The only alternative to fashola for the opposition is Adam Oshimohole. And he is a new governor. So that is a disadvantage. Another alternative is David Mark changing party. Which would never happen.

If Yar Adua runs in 2011, Fashola must be present by AC candidate. Fashola running for president win or loss guarantee the AC about 16 states in the governorship election. That is assume yar adua runs or a northerner run.

While for the PDP. The PDP is looking for a win. A Bukola saraki brings three things to the table,

the middle belt vote,
His father influence in the north,
and the Yoruba vote.
The middle belt and the Yorubas vote is 16 states. Bukola saraki bring with him 16 states to the table.

That why everybody is saying the PDP should include his name. The alternative is to have for the PDP is Chief Bode George or governor Oyinlola. And have them run for president under the PDP while picking Isa Yuguda or Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari as vice president. This way . PDP would be able to carry 20 states. I think it would be wicked asking YAr Adua to run for office considering his health. His health should come first. This combination of Bode George or Oyinlola / Isa Yuguda or Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari give the PDP . Lagos, ogun, Oyo, osun, kwara, kogi, ekiti, ondo, edo, delta, bauchi, Gombe, Kebbi, Benue,Taraba,jigawa, Katsina, cross river, akwa Ibom, Niger

It is more of how many state will the PDP or AC be able to carry with a candidate . And an igbo candidate on the ticket have little or non impact on win.

Just look at the satellite pictures and you know what I am talking about. PDP needs Bode George or Oyinlola because of the larger vote in Lagos and Yorubaland and If not the opposition would destroy you in the international community. PDP or AC can not win the election without winning Yoruba. It is IMPOSSIBLE if you look at the satellite picture. NOONE can win an election with igboland.

And party is about winning, so the Igbos should not blame anyone. PDP and AC want to win and use their best people to win. It is call politics, it may look unfair. But no blame PDP or AC, they want power in 2011.

I have told the Igbos the best chance of the Igbos presidency is to have the Yorubas and bendle are and bayelsa out of Nigeria. This way the north have no other alternative than make an igboman president.

The choice for the PDP is to go with Either a Jonathan/Saraki or Saraki/Jonathan or Go with Bode George( Oyinlola) / Isa Yuguda( Usman dakingari) as vice president.

While for AC Fashola / Middle belt vice president . Or David Mark/Fashola
Or Adam Oshimohole/ Northerner muslim.

this are the only option for the 2011 win. Like I said it would wicked to ask Yar adua to run, when is health is very bad. He needs to take care of himself.

Look the igbos have to rebrand themselves. And deal withing themselves , and remove the negative mind set of Nigerian that igbos would cheat you. I know many igbos who would never cheat you but the bad one have destroy the names of the igbos. Which makes other Nigerian to have a negative mind set towards the igbo. That what the igbo need to rebrand. Is not that the igbos don’t have people. But even if Jesus Christ was igbos, in Nigerian politics no one would one to vote to him.

Rebranding the igbos is the answer.
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by muda1: 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2009
lol. grin
Re: Pdp Can Be Destroyed In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2009
"its amazing that d poster can only throw names around to run for president.
and what would they do wen they get to power?
same way nigerians vouched for an ill prepared yaradua."

If you think the names thrown here does not get to the ears of the individuals then u must be joking. Anybody at whatever political level they are operating at the moment we like the top job. The race to Aso rocks does not start 3 weeks to the election , but 2 to 3 years planning. When an Individual realise that Nigerians are naming him /her for the top job if he / she is really intrested in it he would start working on it by talking to the right people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller / Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible / Turai's Plot Her Secret Emails To El Rufai Revealed .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.