Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,839 members, 7,806,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? (9097 Views)

Tiwa Savage & Waje Without Make-up (PHOTO) / At What Age Can One Start Using Age-defying Formulas. / At What Age Can A Girl Start Wearing High Heels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by mamaput(f): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2006
I used them all: from the lip gloss, to the pancake, sweet16 powder eyeliner.

But it took long before I could wear them on the streets or in front of my mum.

Most of the time it was in boarding house after school (in prayer that no housemistress crosses your path).
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by iice(f): 10:49am On Sep 24, 2006
Hmmm my mother never lets just say restricted me from wearing makeup as a child. I was really young when i got my make-up kit at that time, i considered it a toy, you know to make up/paint a face as if you're doing some theatrical piece. But i always washed it off before leaving the house. As a kid i wasn't interested in makeup or fashion. When i got to secondary school, same thing i never really wore make up only thing i did was use eyepencil and that was only when i was at home.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by coker4all(m): 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2006
There is nothin as good as natural beauty,
learn to be urself
wink
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by donjazzie(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2006
mamaput:

I used them all: from the lip gloss, to the pancake, sweet16 powder eyeliner.

But it took long before I could wear them on the streets or in front of my mum.

Most of the time it was in boarding house after school (in prayer that no housemistress crosses your path).

ur first posting na people u dey mend.anyway welcome to nairaland
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by dennylove(m): 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2006
all this,SMALL girls of nowaday,dem no even dey wait for any age,b4they start to dey PAINT their FACES,but,na wa ooo,women with their trouble sef,pancake their face,lipstick their mouth,spray perfume for body odour,wear sanitary pad under that THIIIIIIIIIIING.
may God bless the women!!!!!!!!!can i hear somebody say amen?
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by donjazzie(m): 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2006
coker4all:

There is nothin as good as natural beauty,
learn to be yourself
wink

your first posting na people u dey mend.anyway welcome to nairaland

@ iice nor vex na person wey i arrow b dis coker of a person
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Memunah(f): 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2006
when you feel you are okay with it and your parent don't see anything bad in it.you can use it when you deem fit for yourself.Its a free world
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by kiki(f): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2006
is their got to be a specific time to wear make-up shocked
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by omogenaija(f): 12:25am On Sep 26, 2006
personally i dont want my daughther to use make-up. I think its expensive.
She can stick to lip-gloss until she gets a job and can afford to powder and the rest of that stuff by herself.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by popsonj(m): 12:51am On Sep 26, 2006
Girl's of this days are just what they want to be, you see them painting their lips and faces as long as they feel someone is looking at them.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by nico(m): 12:54am On Sep 26, 2006
I luv Girls that wears make-ups, I think they look beautiful. I don't think there should be age limit
Hopefully when I'm old enough to date.
I will like to date girls with lots of make-ups and dance on my B'day
My Best friend said I don't need to use condoms on fridays, he said that's when Aids is on Holiday
I can't see it anywhere in the textbooks
I don't know if he's telling me the truth cause I'm still a Virgin and I don't to want die young
I can't ask my family cause they say I'm too young to think about sex.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Steffi(f): 1:11am On Sep 26, 2006
Aids is never ever on Holiday please protect your young Life. Nico, Aids is not the only Thing you have to be carefull with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by hotangel2(f): 1:24am On Sep 26, 2006
A girl can start using make-up whenever she wants if her mother/father approves of it.

Personally, if im a parent, i won't stop my child from using make-up. Just teach that child the rules. Too much of everything is bad. A powder your skin color, and lip gloss is all you need. Got any special occasion, well once you are 13, u can use "eye shadow and mascara" to enlogate ur lashes. Ur mama is also guilty of having short eyelashes.

That's about it. Don't turn ur child into something else by saying "NO MAKE-UP". Just like mamaput said, once that child is out the house, she'll do whatever she wants to do. Infact she'll turn to a masqurade. You want your child to wear the 'natural' look? Okay then, Pour vegetable oil on her face, let her get to school, and get bullied by some kids who will bring her self esteem down.

Most guys that even say they love natural look: in fact ehn, lemme shut up.

Too much of everything is bad. Even for ladies, not just for girls.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by omogenaija(f): 1:26am On Sep 26, 2006
nico:

I love Girls that wears make-ups, I think they look beautiful. I don't think there should be age limit
My Best friend said I don't need to use condoms on fridays, he said that's when Aids is on Holiday
I don't know if he's telling me the truth cause I'm still a Virgin and I don't to want die young

when u say stuff like or believe stuff liek that then older ppl will think us teenagers r dumb, and they will start preaching. i know ur smarter than that so dont be guliable
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by omo(f): 1:27am On Sep 26, 2006
come on nico, stop soundin ignorant, how can u even reconsider dat there's no aids on fridays, dats for foolish pple, my dear, aids is evrywhere, evryday o, u gats ta be careful wink
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by iice(f): 3:38am On Sep 26, 2006
hot-angel:

Personally, if im a parent, i won't stop my child from using make-up. Just teach that child the rules. Too much of everything is bad.

True

hot-angel:

You want your child to wear the 'natural' look? Okay then, Pour vegetable oil on her face, let her get to school, and get bullied by some kids who will bring her self esteem down.

LMAO she no go even reach school before people start dey throw comments
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by kiki(f): 3:38am On Sep 26, 2006
nico:

I love Girls that wears make-ups, I think they look beautiful. I don't think there should be age limit

hahahahaha u is so funny and dumb grin grin grin grin
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by biomic(f): 3:41am On Sep 26, 2006
lol@kiki
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by kpofkpof: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2006
there really should not be any set age limit for agirl to waer make up. when i was in my teens, my mother being a deeper life woman wouldnt even allow me use even white powder, so when i get to school, a friend of mine use to have this powder called sweet16, i will borrow and apply, wear my earrings and u know kinda look good. i used to feel elated when the boys u know pass a comment to say how beatiful i was.
but then, after schhol, when i get close to my house i always stop by one woman who sells buns, i will buy buns of N5, after eating it, i will use the oil on my face so that she wouldnt notice, and i will get home with my face glittering.

all that is over now as i am a bigger babe
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by iice(f): 9:07am On Sep 26, 2006
LOL for real? you would put puff puff oil on your face. shocked shocked Men hope pimples no disturb you o tongue
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by kpofkpof: 9:26am On Sep 26, 2006
For real iice, iused buns oil on my face, and my hanky to clean excess oil and to clean the eye pencil. i had to look nice iice, my mum was so engrossed in this deeper life stuff, i couldnt even wear trousers. it was that bad., thank God, im grown up now. when i remeba those days i laugh my self to stupor
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by mamaput(f): 9:30am On Sep 26, 2006
I also used sweet sixteen . But when i used makeup at age 14 my mum said it looked ridicules at that age. She did not stop me ,but that comment did.
What i find funny is that we took what we could get.
But today the kids want to know if any whale had to die for that lipstick.
Some times when there was no money for lip gloss we use vaseline.
Come to think of it Puff puff makes a nice lipgloss. grin
But puff puff on the face mixed with sweet 16 OMG what a mess i hope you washed your face fast after that.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Julee(f): 10:55am On Sep 26, 2006
My mom allows it after you are through with your secondary school education. But I don't use them. I only use powder.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Analytical(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2006
Train up a child in the way (s)he should go; and when (s)he is old, (s)he will not depart from it. Prov. 22 vs 6 (emphasis mine)

The charge to train up a child is given primarily to parents and they set the rules and boundaries, and so determine at what time their kids can do certain things.  Leave it for the society to dictate and you've lost the child to the ills prevalent in the society.  Leave it to the kid and you've lost an important factor -discipline- in the development of the child.

Having said that, there is still what is called modesty in whatever you do.  You can't fault that.  Let all things be done in modesty, including make-ups!

I have spoken.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2006
Na wa, how on earth, can one use puff puff oil on her face. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i think its better to wear make up after your high school, because i cant imagine a secondary school girl with her face all made up and her hair permed. i dont think it would tell nice of her and her family (i.e in Naija o)
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by kkutecolo(f): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2006
nico:

hey nico, i knw ur type well enuf, y claim ignorance wen u are a prof at it?u use condoms on other days but u dont use on fridays cos ur guy said so.show me ur frnd and i ll knw whom u are, u dont av to tell us.yet claim u r a virgin, cmon.hw old are u,lad? undecided
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by CrazyMan(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2006
ugonna0071:

Na wa, how on earth, can one use puff puff oil on her face. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i think its better to wear make up after your high school, because i can't imagine a secondary school girl with her face all made up and her hair permed. i don't think it would tell nice of her and her family (i.e in Naija o)

Tell them oh!!
she would look more of a Prostitute than a
Secondary school girl. grin grin grin
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Mula(f): 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2006
@ Nico
your friend is lying and do not take any advice from him
please ask an adult, there is no harm in asking
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by mamaput(f): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2006
The Question was not if one should use it or not. But at what age one should start.
A child is still in a learning process and will never be able to paint like Prostitute highest like a masquerade
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by osteen(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2006
Make-up will only give u temporary beauty. Girl Go Natural and u will be appreciated more.

I really wont like to see a girl dat makes up heavily in the morning. grin
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by osteen(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2006
Ok then i guess when u are old enough to take responsible decisions would be a good time to start making up, cos guys are going to flok around u like a beehive.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by daintyopal: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2006
True beauty is not skin deep, but radiates from within! Teach your child this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Miss USA Crowned Miss Universe 2012 / Kylie Lipkit Available / Would You Ever Go Back To Natural Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.