Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? (9095 Views)

Tiwa Savage & Waje Without Make-up (PHOTO) / At What Age Can One Start Using Age-defying Formulas. / At What Age Can A Girl Start Wearing High Heels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Beautygyal(f): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2006
Thanx marlet01 and adeoba
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by comchi(f): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2006
i started using make up 3 yrs after sec sch.cos it made me look older.u see,am somone who believes in natural beauty thats why am always on ponytail since my natural hair is long.i decided to start using makeup because whenever i went for job interview,i am always rejected cos of my childish looks.i dont need to tell u the outcome of my applying makeup. i think a girl should start using makeup when she attains adulthood cos thats when her looks start to mature and i believe a girl should enjoy girlhood before becoming an adult cos one cannot go back to being a girl once that phase is passed.as a young girl,my mum apply makeup on me only when going for outings or pictures afterwards i clean it off.i also believe that makeup should be applied in moderation and with skill.u can imagine a day i was returning from school with my friends and we saw a dark complexioned woman that applied silver coloured lipstick on her lips.the effect was terrible and we laughed our hearts out immediately she was outside earshot.really,i see girls who are beautiful naturally with makeup and i wonder if they are blind cos the look awful wearing it
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by marlet01(m): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2006
hey beautygal wat's up
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Beautygyal(f): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2006
Hey marlet am kool u?
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by fab11: 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2006
maybe when she feels lyk having a boyfriend.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Radiant(f): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2006
fab #1:

maybe when she feels like having a boyfriend.

Where d hell did you come up with this? shocked lmao
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by marlet01(m): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2006
hey beautygyal am kool? never felt better.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by CrazyMan(m): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2006
comchi:

i started using make up 3 years after sec sch.because it made me look older.u see,am somone who believes in natural beauty thats why am always on ponytail since my natural hair is long.i decided to start using makeup because whenever i went for job interview,i am always rejected because of my childish looks.i don't need to tell u the outcome of my applying makeup. i think a girl should start using makeup when she attains adulthood because thats when her looks start to mature and i believe a girl should enjoy girlhood before becoming an adult because one cannot go back to being a girl once that phase is passed.as a young girl,my mum apply makeup on me only when going for outings or pictures afterwards i clean it off.i also believe that makeup should be applied in moderation and with skill.u can imagine a day i was returning from school with my friends and we saw a dark complexioned woman that applied silver coloured lipstick on her lips.the effect was terrible and we laughed our hearts out immediately she was outside earshot.really,i see girls who are beautiful naturally with makeup and i wonder if they are blind because the look awful wearing it
Nice thread smiley
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by holyvirus(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2006
If make-up is not necessary in ur case then its not. Gals should learn how to use make up properly and stop making themselves look irritating. Very light make-up would do or if any gal prefers the heavy make i would more than happy to hook them up wif a 2 years contract with Berger paint atleast wif this, drums of paint can be delivered at ur door step by morning.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by marlet01(m): 10:55am On Oct 21, 2006
Oh my gosh MAKEUP'S!!! well is not dat bad for a gal ey are free to use it anytime dey want
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Radiant(f): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2006
holyvirus:

If make-up is not necessary in your case then its not. Gals should learn how to use make up properly and stop making themselves look irritating. Very light make-up would do or if any girl prefers the heavy make i would more than happy to hook them up with a 2 years contract with Berger paint atleast with this, drums of paint can be delivered at your door step by morning.

You should have gone to post this 'ish in the "off point" section. undecided
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by marlet01(m): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2006
hnmm radiant you really serious on this one
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by aleos(f): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2006
its ok for a girl to use make up after her secondary school level,say 18years and above. i remember before i started using make up,i use to feel very fine with just my white powder and once in a while some form of gloss on my lips.i had heard that wen u start using make up,d day u forget to apply some u look and feel different like u r no more u.There were a lot of teasings wen i eventually started using it cos friends had tried to lure me into it but i was stil a shy little timid girl. My opinion now is that every lady shd try to wear a form of make up as it indeed enhances our beauty and shows a level of maturity, class and style
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by marlet01(m): 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2006
makeup's is okay for them in order to look descent. as for me it is okay to put it on at any age they feel like using it.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 25, 2006
twewnty
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by jaybaby(f): 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2006
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by yongbabe(f): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2007
Radiant (f)

Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up?
« #32 on: September 26, 2006, 07:59 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember when i was in high school, girls used to wear make up(though not much). I personally wore more make up in high school than now. I only wear powder and lip gloss now and I feel very good about myself. What this fuss about high school and family? You guys please. There's no particular age when to start wearing make up.Even if a 5 yr old girl walks up to me and asks me to make her up, I'll do it though will apply very little amount.I'll make her feel good. Age Family Geez!!!

Quote from: ugonna0071 on September 26, 2006, 11:44 AM
Na wa, how on earth, can one use puff puff oil on her face.

i think its better to wear make up after your high school, because i can't imagine a secondary school girl with her face all made up and her hair permed. i don't think it would tell nice of her and her family (i.e in Naija o)

No offense but do people like you still exist?

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree on evryfing u said.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by whiteNkem(f): 12:39pm On Jan 26, 2007
You can start using make-up anytime u want, but it's advisable u wait as long as possible and use it as little as u can, cuz no chemicals are good for ur skin.

The appropriate age though is around 15-16, cuz u start going out more, you belong to a certain social group, you wanna stand out etc. It's normal. Parent's should just guide you. Not to ban make-up but try to explain you what's wrong or not.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by kellorah: 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2007
i'd say 15/16,
but my 13 yr old sis makes up angry
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by bodegideon(m): 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2007
as soon as the girl knows her left hand to the right,then she can plan of using make-ups
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Beautygyal(f): 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2007
i say u can wear make up but u gotta learn to love yourself d way you r. wink
Coz 1 day d person u love mite c u widout ur make up and he'll b shocked
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by jaybaby(f): 9:28am On Feb 06, 2007
Wetin U dey yarn?
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by OmoEko1(f): 12:49am On Feb 07, 2007
wearing make-up in general is bad, i like people with natural face not all this fake thing you put on your face and by the end of the day your face is breaking out. but on the other hands, it's good if you wear it occasional not regularly
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by LadyT(f): 12:51am On Feb 07, 2007
Im no good with makeup I only wear a little bit when I have too. I often look like coco the clown if I try to make myself up. I have always vowed to go and have a make over thing to SHOW me how to put the crap on!
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by jgirl3: 12:55am On Feb 07, 2007
Yeah I only wear make up to make me look older like when i'm hanging out with older girls and when I want to look different. The other times, I would prefer lip balm and powder, everyday.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by neelsel(f): 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2007
personal choice, To each its own!!!!

I started using powder ( mostly to help keep that shine away) maybe around 10/11. I just hated the way my face would glow as if I had just finished eating a whole pig,

Even today, thank God for my pigmentation, I go very light on the makeup. Don't do foundations, instead I use Studio fix (which is a combination of loose and liquid). It is very light and doesn't make me resemble a corpse,
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Beautygyal(f): 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2007
lol gurl u make me luff cheesy
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by neelsel(f): 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2007
Beautygyal:

lol girl u make me luff cheesy

opps! sorry grin
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Beautygyal(f): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2007
Its aight loll grin
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Deleted: 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2007
i THiNK TH3 PROP3R AG3 FOR A YOUNG F3MAL3 TO START USiNG MAK3-UP iZ AROUND TH3 AG3 OF 15 OR 16 (3V3N THOUGH, i START3D USiNG MAK3-UP W3N i WAS 13) B3CAUS3 THATZ W3N U SHOULD B3 CONC3RN3D ABOUT UR LOOKZ, ANOTHR R3ASON iZ B3CAUS3 i START3D USiNG MAK3-UP AROUND TH3 AG3 OF 13 AND MY SKiN BROK3 OUT, SO YOU SHOULD WAiT AWiL3 B3FOR3 USiNG MAK3-UP CUZ U R3ALLY DON'T KNO WAT UR PUTTiNG ON YOUR SKiN.
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by Beautygyal(f): 11:57pm On Feb 12, 2007
Thas tru gurl!
Re: At What Age Can A Girl Start Using Make-up? by whiteNkem(f): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2007
the thing is, we should just live each age at a time; not worry about looking older cuz we WILL look old too, but when the time is right. this seems to be the trouble with all teenagers, they are in too much hurry to grow up, not cherishing the wonderful gift they have right now!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kylie Lipkit Available / Miss USA Crowned Miss Universe 2012 / Would You Ever Go Back To Natural Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.