Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. (697 Views)

Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) / 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / Serious About Your Spiritual Life? Then You Need To Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,

Please i need your advice on something that is really bothering my mind.

I happen to be a Christian by birth,and ever since i can say i can think for myself i have been trying hard to leave a very good Christian life,but no matter how hard i try,i find it just too difficult to do,i might make a decision but withing months i'm back into it again,maybe its because i'm just born a christian,we were not so much about by my parents,for example,we never had a family altar before,maybe that is why i find quiet time just too hard to do,we were not thought how to pray specifically,i grew up to learn how to pray in the little way i can all by myself,my parents are good christians but they just didnt give us how we would do it.

Now to the issue,i will be 21 by october and there is this female friend of mine whom i'm dating before(but no more). Since we broke up,she as really been doing well as we attend the same church,whenever i see her,i felt i should also change for better,it is at this point that my mind will be telling me that if i should change,it shouldn't be because of someone,the thought will be telling me that before i can change,God himself as to work on my and that,that is the reason why i find changing very difficult all this while.
It is this thought that will make me keep quiet hoping that i will change for better some day.

But the issue is,my friend is growing and i'm just stagnant.I really need to change.

Now,is it trully a bad thing to change because she did?

And,how do i just change for better,wether she did change or not,i just need to change.
Re: I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pray and read ur bible. Everyday.

People don't believe it but the bible has answers to everything. U don't know how to pray because u think God is some sort of supreme dictator,he's a father,ur father. When u pray,talk to him like ur father,with sincerity and ask for his grace to lead a good life. His grace is sufficient for u.
Re: I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
The Scripture brother read the Bible.... It's obviously clear you are born anew in Christ because you had repent. Satan is implanting thoughts to discourage you from following Christ... I will have giving you Scriptures that can help you.... but The Holy Spirit want you to give you a word of promise that will be your strength on the long run. Brother listen to the Holy Spirit by doing what he is instructing tonight through me...go and read the Scripture.. just anywhere you can find.

If you are on 2go you can add me up with Elijah6919
Re: I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by XavierBlue(m): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
The poster below might help undecided

XavierBlue
Re: I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The Scripture brother read the Bible.... It's obviously clear you are born anew in Christ because you had repent. Satan is implanting thoughts to discourage you from following Christ... I will have giving you Scriptures that can help you.... but The Holy Spirit want you to give you a word of promise that will be your strength on the long run. Brother listen to the Holy Spirit by doing what he is instructing tonight through me...go and read the Scripture.. just anywhere you can find.

If you are on 2go you can add me up with Elijah6919

I will add you sir.Thanks so much.
Re: I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
ahsekeena:
Pray and read ur bible. Everyday.

People don't believe it but the bible has answers to everything. U don't know how to pray because u think God is some sort of supreme dictator,he's a father,ur father. When u pray,talk to him like ur father,with sincerity and ask for his grace to lead a good life. His grace is sufficient for u.
Exactly my dear... The Scripture have answers to all things.... Like he said "His parents are not teaching them how to do it" if he read the Scripture he would have understand that "No one shall teach one another know the Lord for all shall be taught by the Lord". As you have rightly said Let him read the Bible.I had wanted to give him Scriptures to shut up the voice in his heart. but the Spirit says Let him go and read the Bible...So OP go and read the Bible.
Re: I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
SIRANT:

I will add you sir.Thanks so much.
alright bro
Re: I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by NnaNna4(m): 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
VERY SIMPLE

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron ; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of
his friend. ... from the King James

Get a serious christian youth like you as friend, join unit,participate in the home cell AND YOU WILL FLY
Re: I Need Your Advice On My Spiritual Life. by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 13, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Fails To Rise Up After Instructing Members To Bury Him Alive / The Etiquette And Rules Of The Masjid (mosque) / I Am Richer Than Bill Gates, Says Pastor Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.