Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria (98578 Views)

When We Say Dentistry And Dental Surgery........its Another Tougher Ministry / How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / Optometry, Dentistry And Pharmancy What Is The Duration Of Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Xandre: 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
edydamsel:
Please I am impress to get all this info here.thanks alot.please I have been researching on the university that accept !OND in science laboratory technology with 3.57GPA. For direct entry to dentistry.u can email me pls I need help
A B.Sc in any of the Basic Medical Science is needed for a DE into Dentistry.

ON.d isn't accepted
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by edydamsel(f): 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
[quote author=Xandre post=81570171]A B.Sc in any of the Basic Medical Science is needed for a DE into Dentistry.

ON.d isn't accepted

Owk! Thanks alot for the clearification
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by DrBeelal: 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
This place is not lively at all where are the bosses come and help your junior one's oo
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Bitnet(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
if a lion roars, dog barks whats does a goat do | Africa funny video | comedy | penzazotv
bringing you the best from Penzazo tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS3zbhf8UTE
please subscribe to our youtube channel. thanks
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Naijahotinfo: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2019
I must confess, this post is informative and as simple as it can be. I think I'm in love with this topic of yours Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria. Nice one dear. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2020
Pls dental students in the house should recommend textbooks for me. Am in 200 level dentistry from UNN. Pls I need recommendation
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
Julnan001:
Pls dental students in the house should recommend textbooks for me. Am in 200 level dentistry from UNN. Pls I need recommendation
hi

you're a 200L dental student from UNN
I'm sure you know who's this
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Sultan5(m): 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
Julnan001:

I think you will get more appropriate answers from your seniors in your school. As it's best to use the textbooks your lecturers use. There are many good books out there though.

For gross anatomy, I would recommend a mixture of Keith Moore(for clinical correlates mostly) and Vishram Singh. It goes without saying that you must use Atlas with these textbooks and also for Embryology too if you like.

Histology, Junqueira is really good or you can use Inderbir Singh

Embryology, Saddler is good or you can try Vishram Singh embryology, which really simplifies stuff.

Physiology, A mixture of Sembulingam and Guyton is perfection really. I personally don't recommend ganong. You can also try Fox Physiology, its very nice.

Biochemistry. Vasudevan is very good. Never really liked Harpers though. You could also try Satyanarayna, its really good.

Best of luck with 200lv, just be calm and consistent with reading; you will be fine. Reading one textbook is fine though, as long as you get what you really need from it. You can just have another one for quick comparison or to cover some of the lapses in your current textbook.

Like I mainly used Vishram Singh, but Keith Moore is unrivalled in my opinion when it comes to clinical correlates. Thats why I used both. Just ensure you are covering everything you need to. If one textbook doesn't have everything, you can look for one with the missing piece to help you complete the puzzle.

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
Sultan5:

I think you will get more appropriate answers from your seniors in your school. As it's best to use the textbooks your lecturers use. There are many good books out there though.

For gross anatomy, I would recommend a mixture of Keith Moore(for clinical correlates mostly) and Vishram Singh. It goes without saying that you must use Atlas with these textbooks and also for Embryology too if you like.

Histology, Junqueira is really good or you can use Inderbir Singh

Embryology, Saddler is good or you can try Vishram Singh embryology, which really simplifies stuff.

Physiology, A mixture of Sembulingam and Guyton is perfection really. I personally don't recommend ganong. You can also try Fox Physiology, its very nice.

Biochemistry. Vasudevan is very good. Never really liked Harpers though. You could also try Satyanarayna, its really good.

Best of luck with 200lv, just be calm and consistent with reading; you will be fine. Reading one textbook is fine though, as long as you get what you really need from it. You can just have another one for quick comparison or to cover some of the lapses in your current textbook.

Like I mainly used Vishram Singh, but Keith Moore is unrivalled in my opinion when it comes to clinical correlates. Thats why I used both. Just ensure you are covering everything you need to. If one textbook doesn't have everything, you can look for one with the missing piece to help you complete the puzzle.
thanks alot bro.

2 Likes

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
khingTony:

hi

you're a 200L dental student from UNN
I'm sure you know who's this
nope
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2020
Julnan001:
nope
did you come in through DE or Change of Degree?
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
khingTony:

none of the above
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Froshchuksswart(m): 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
Julnan001:
none of the above

Who are you then cause we don’t know you
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Froshchuksswart(m): 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Does ABU offer dentistry...?
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ejehijustice(m): 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
Froshchuksswart:
Does ABU offer dentistry...?
Yes it does
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by darwin66109: 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2020
khingTony:

Pls what the chance of de admission to unn dentistry with a 2.2 anatomy
4rm anambra
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ejehijustice(m): 7:16am On Apr 08, 2020
darwin66109:

Pls what the chance of de admission to unn dentistry with a 2.2 anatomy
4rm anambra
Check Jamb brochure... Most schools accept 2.2 in any of the basic medical sciences... I don't know about UNN. If they do your chances are pretty high, since Anambra is in UNN catchment area. Just prepare and ace the post DE exam

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 9:31am On Apr 09, 2020
darwin66109:

Pls what the chance of de admission to unn dentistry with a 2.2 anatomy 4rm anambra
I don't really know about it now, I'll get back to you,

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by darwin66109: 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
khingTony:

I don't really know about it now, I'll get back to you,

Thanks in advance man....am expecting
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
good day dental students i rep uniport
please i was going through some articles the other day and i saw family dentistry please id like to know if there is such a specialty as such cause i dont think i have heard of it in uniport though am not yet in clinical dentistry.
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ejehijustice(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
ChuksObiora:
good day dental students i rep uniport
please i was going through some articles the other day and i saw family dentistry please id like to know if there is such a specialty as such cause i dont think i have heard of it in uniport though am not yet in clinical dentistry.
I will like to find out somethings personally from you about Uniport dentistry... Please send me your whatsapp number via my email... Justiceomodiagbe@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
ejehijustice:

I will like to find out somethings personally from you about Uniport dentistry... Please send me your whatsapp number via my email... Justiceomodiagbe@gmail.com. Thanks
bro u can ask me your question
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by mathew4r: 8:01am On Apr 13, 2020
Hello fellow nairlanders. Can 190 in jamb get admission to study dentistry in unical if I work harder in post utme
Please I need answer
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ejehijustice(m): 8:47am On Apr 13, 2020
mathew4r:
Hello fellow nairlanders. Can 190 in jamb get admission to study dentistry in unical if I work harder in post utme
Please I need answer
Unical merit cut off mark for dentistry was around 260 last year and it is much lower if you are from catchment area or ELDS... If you can hit 320 and above in the post UTME consider yourself in.
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by mathew4r: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2020
Thank you very much
Yes I am from the catchment area , so if I can hit 300 in post ume I might get into with catchment area right
Please can you tell me how unical set their post ume questions for dentistry and how hard it is
Thanks
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ejehijustice(m): 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
mathew4r:
Thank you very much
Yes I am from the catchment area , so if I can hit 300 in post ume I might get into with catchment area right
Please can you tell me how unical set their post ume questions for dentistry and how hard it is
Thanks
The post UTME is 40 questions, English has about 20 questions, then the remaining questions are shared between physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics... Each question carriers 10 marks...
The questions are like normal Jamb questions though a little bit trickier
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by mathew4r: 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
Thank you bro for the information, they say information is power.
With this i know what to concentrate on
Are they going to allow Calculator ?
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ejehijustice(m): 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
mathew4r:
Thank you bro for the information, they say information is power.
With this i know what to concentrate on
Are they going to allow Calculator ?
No calculator, all the questions are easily solvable without calculator...
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Maid007: 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
mathew4r:
Please I need answer
To be frank with u, the score is too low, and coupled with the fact that they only admit a very limited number of people, It would be too competitive for u...I know someone that had 272 and wasn't given admission (none catchment though)...
My advice: study harder for the post UTME, change ur first choice to any of the basic medical sciences, try to hit at least 4.0 CGPA, then request for change of course to dentistry and dental surgery....
Meanwhile, brace up for next year's jamb and try to hit at least 270...
This is so that u don't put all ur eggs in one basket, as u would be having 2 options at the end of the day......

Wish u the best of luck...

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ejehijustice(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2020
Maid007:

To be frank with u, the score is too low, and coupled with the fact that they only admit a very limited number of people, It would be too competitive for u...I know someone that had 272 and wasn't given admission (none catchment though)...
My advice: study harder for the post UTME, change ur first choice to any of the basic medical sciences, try to hit at least 4.0 CGPA, then request for change of course to dentistry and dental surgery....
Meanwhile, brace up for next year's jamb and try to hit at least 270...
This is so that u don't put all ur eggs in one basket, as u would be having 2 options at the end of the day......

Wish u the best of luck...
Was 272 his average or his Jamb score, I would appreciate you elucidate more on this.
While his score is very low, I feel if he reach the average cut off mark irrespective of his Jamb score, he would be admitted. Based on the cut off mark of 260 last year... If he can make an average of 260 by scoring up to 320+ in post UTME, he would be in... The challenge is in hitting that high in post UTME.
Unical don't use Jamb score alone but average of both Jamb and post UTME.
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by mathew4r: 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Yes is it true that 260 was the merit cult off mark for dentistry last year . And I also found that 217 was given to my state as part of cachtment area for dentistry.
I need to hit at least 300 in Post ume (that is my challenge)
Thank you guys for the information stay safe.
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by pinnacletutors: 1:08am On Apr 14, 2020
PINNAKLE ACADEMY
“Stay at home” doesn’t mean, shutting yourself off academic activities.
“Stay at home” doesn’t mean, disengaging
From reading and post-utme preparation.
“Stay at home” means toiling morning and night, poring through numerous books, solving questions and being assessed regularly to ascertain your level of preparation for the forthcoming university of Ibadan post-unified tertiary matriculation exam.
We at pinnakle academy have the right mentality, qualified tutors and and appropriate academic materials to genuinely inspire, mentor and ensure that aspirants secure admission into their respective course of choice in the university of Ibadan. We have consistently produced high scoring candidates in utme and in the university of Ibadan post-utme over the years.
Join our free online tutorial and gain assess to pdf materials, mnemonics, teachings, recordings and be regularly assessed.
Send “PINNAKLE ACADEMY UI” to 07035083306 to join ( whatsapp only)
Don’t procrastinate!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / How Much Do Guinness World Record Holders Get Paid? / Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.