Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,471 members, 7,801,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria (98337 Views)

When We Say Dentistry And Dental Surgery........its Another Tougher Ministry / How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / Optometry, Dentistry And Pharmancy What Is The Duration Of Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by MrEgghead(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
raydboi:
Alryt
But Pls, Y is it that when federal Medical Institutions advertise for internship/housemanship placements, I never see Dentistry included among the rest? Where else do dentists have their internships bikonu?
Together with medical doctors, they are also referred to as house officers. Some health institutions make the disparity clear by using (medical and dental house officers). It's now left for the prospectives to make enquiries if there are slots for dental house officers when they see openings for 'house officers'

2 Likes

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
raydboi:
Alryt
But Pls, Y is it that when federal Medical Institutions advertise for internship/housemanship placements, I never see Dentistry included among the rest? Where else do dentists have their internships bikonu?
The normally say MBBS or equivalent degree.the equivalent degreee is BDS
I Have a whole lot of friends who did thier HJ at FMCs

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ISISs(m): 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
MrEgghead:
Together with medical doctors, they are also referred to as house officers. Some health institutions make the disparity clear by using (medical and dental house officers). It's now left for the prospectives to make enquiries if there are slots for dental house officers when they see openings for 'house officers'
Bro, which school are u in ?
BDS too?
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by olaorestephen(m): 3:21am On Apr 24, 2018
naetosmith:

ok thanks.. maybe i Will change my institution to oau...scored 283 in jamb, but this 2 ssce sittings stuff is my fear

You don't need to be afraid brother, I am a living witness.

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by olaorestephen(m): 3:24am On Apr 24, 2018
Shabib:

Thanks for the mention, boss.

It's exactly as Java said. Prepare for putme, pass it well and come join the IFUDSA family
Nice having Java, shabib, Bobola here, invite Jay, Big koli, Gbenga, Fiyin and co too..

2 Likes

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by naetosmith(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
olaorestephen:
You don't need to be afraid brother, I am a living witness.
ok tnx . wch sch are you?
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Bobola07(m): 11:50am On May 24, 2018
hi guys!!
been a while. how's studies?
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Ebithayo: 12:07am On Aug 03, 2018
I choose OAU Ile-Ife as mine first choice and dentistry as mine course, but some time today I received a massage from jamb and the massage reads "JAMB: Your first choice course did not receive accreditation. Login to your profile and change course/institution". Pls what do you guys make of this?
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Xandre: 1:14am On Aug 09, 2018
Ebithayo:
I choose OAU Ile-Ife as mine first choice and dentistry as mine course, but some time today I received a massage from jamb and the massage reads "JAMB: Your first choice course did not receive accreditation. Login to your profile and change course/institution". Pls what do you guys make of this?
they just lost accreditation for Dentistry
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by oceandivee(m): 3:41am On Aug 09, 2018
Ebithayo:

Ife dentistry just lost its accreditation, so I'll advice you to get your brochure and change your institution to any other school offering dentistry and that they have not written post utme, buh as for Uniben they have conducted their putme.

best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Bobola07(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dbrainiac01
Osahon07

Distinguished gentlemen, kindly spare us a few minutes of your time to list the Dental specialties we have and briefly enumerate what they are about..

Let's water this place a bit.. its getting dry

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
Dentists no dey Nairaland again ?
Why is this place like this?

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
Bobola07:
Dbrainiac01
Osahon07

Distinguished gentlemen, kindly spare us a few minutes of your time to list the Dental specialties we have and briefly enumerate what they are about..

Let's water this place a bit.. its getting dry
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Bobola07(m): 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
khingTony:
Dentists no dey Nairaland again ? . Why is this place like this?
lol dental students dey busy fa..

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Bobola07(m): 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
ISISs benjax
everybody come out oh
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ISISs(m): 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
Bobola07:
ISISs
benjax

everybody come out oh
grin grin
Wetin dey happen..
Boss benjax, where ur face?
Baba bobola, I dobale...unto the next one, oya...

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
Bobola07:

lol dental students dey busy fa..
some dey on break nah
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Benjax(m): 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
ISISs:

grin grin
Wetin dey happen..
Boss benjax, where ur face?
Baba bobola, I dobale...unto the next one, oya...

I'm here. Shout out to all!!!
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Benjax(m): 12:00am On Sep 06, 2018
All these while, I've been on the long walk to UNICAL BDS. I guess Baba God is about to pick my calls....

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Bobola07(m): 12:11am On Sep 06, 2018
ISISs:
grin grin Wetin dey happen.. Boss benjax, where ur face? Baba bobola, I dobale...unto the next one, oya...
lol
as everywhere silent nah.
tell us what you've been reading in moore
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
ISISs:
grin grin Wetin dey happen.. Boss benjax, where ur face? Baba bobola, I dobale...unto the next one, oya...
please can you list the course outline for 100L
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
ISISs:
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ISISs(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
Bobola07:

lol

as everywhere silent nah.

tell us what you've been reading in moore
Upper limb.
Major focus : The female's Breast.
Keith Moore is interesting walahi. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ISISs(m): 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
khingTony:

Guy, that one na work Ooo...I'll ask a friend to screenshot and send it to u...just Holla on WhatsApp.
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
ISISs:

Guy, that one na work Ooo...I'll ask a friend to screenshot and send it to u...just Holla on WhatsApp.
okay, thanks
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2018
ISISs:
Upper limb. Major focus : The female's Breast. Keith Moore is interesting walahi. grin
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by khingTony(m): 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
ISISs:
Upper limb. Major focus : The female's Breast. Keith Moore is interesting walahi. grin
grin
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ISISs(m): 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
khingTony:

grin
Kidding Oo.
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by Bobola07(m): 4:25am On Sep 16, 2018
ISISs:
Kidding Oo.
grin grin grin
Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by DayoAlpha: 4:58am On Sep 16, 2018
ISISs:
lol... but Moore no too talk about breast like that sha..

1 Like

Re: Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria by ISISs(m): 8:31am On Sep 16, 2018
DayoAlpha:
lol... but Moore no too talk about breast like that sha..
U no lie jharee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

JAMB Releases 2013 UTME Results, Withholds 12,110 Results / 5 Signs Your Boyfriend Is A Cultist by Excel Ajah / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.