Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. (51048 Views)

Bostwana Student Wears Towel To Campus (Photos) / Nigerian University With The Best Hostel Facilities? / State Universities With The Best Infrastructures And Facilities- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by cmt1(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
ocelot2006:
That's my uni
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
semitunde:
More
Africa's must beautiful campus.

1 Like

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by 123gist(m): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
myjobsfinder:

Ask them o. Shey you know say e get the kind class room where you go sit down make them teach you and you no go understand anything.

Chooiiii....... cheesy those kind class wey them dey use one yansh sit-down still open umbrella incase of sun and rain! grin if u enta library text-books page no de ever de complete

1 Like

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by cmt1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
ocelot2006:
Brunel University
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by mmrius(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
My kids must study abroad God willing. But then again, one begins to wonder what is wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians. Why can't we have structures like this and MAINTAIN them. The scraps we have here keeps deteriorating with no one to maintain them. Its truly a sad state in Nigeria.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
^ the weather is a key factor.

finances are another.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ligxy:

Silesian university, OP, why this one name come resemble your name naw? Una be family?

Did not even notice grin
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Whenever I went to the Africana section, I alway admired the transperent dome.

isn't it after the main entrance, through the hallway?

gosh, its been a while. . . . . . . . .

but I remember it sha.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiar:

fa fa fa fa foul.

explain yourself plz, maybe I'll agree with you.

Government funds too many schools.

Fact is....if you want first class...you pay for first class.

And right now...thanks to the drop in oil money....we do not have the cash for first class...oreven third class.

Yes I know...corruption.....but a good university with all those facilities you see.....they are made possible by 1) High fees 2) Universities over there being run as private concerns 3) High taxes. and 4) Situated in countries with diversified economies. If you want that kind of class....better be prepared to pay for it.Even if we eradicate corruption tomorrow....the govt does not have N3 trillion or even the N10 trillion needed for our universities.

And before you call me harsh.....I know.I hate what I have just said.If I had my way....students will pay N10000 per annum.But it is because they pay that amount of money....that we can not have high class facilities. (And during my parents time...they had everything. Also....the population of university students in Nigeria back then was less than the population of students in ABU or UI today.).

But overall....you are paying the price for living in a resource dependent economy. That is why Buhari better get us off oil dependency....or he gets out by 2019.Oil is a curse.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Government funds too many schools.

Fact is....if you want first class...you pay for first class.

And right now...thanks to the drop in oil money....we do not have the cash for first class...oreven third class.

Yes I know...corruption.....but a good university with all those facilities you see.....they are made possible by 1) High fees 2) Universities over there being run as private concerns 3) High taxes. and 4) Situated in countries with diversified economies. If you want that kind of class....better be prepared to pay for it.Even if we eradicate corruption tomorrow....the govt does not have N3 trillion or even the N10 trillion needed for our universities.

And before you call me harsh.....I know.I hate what I have just said.If I had my way....students will pay N10000 per annum.But it is because they pay that amount of money....that we can not have high class facilities. (And during my parents time...they had everything. Also....the population of university students in Nigeria back then was less than the population of students in ABU or UI today.).

some universities were built before the oil boom though.

maybe the recent ones can be privatized, if at all.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:

isn't it after the main entrance, through the hallway?

gosh, its been a while. . . . . . . . .

but I remember it sha.
The library has two wings, north and south, with an entrance each. They are linked with three walkways. The entrance of the north wing faces the Faculty of Education, but is no longer being used. The south wing which faces the Motion Ground, is the main entrance. The dome is in the north wing.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:

some universities were built before the oil boom though.

maybe the recent ones can be privatized, if at all.

Before the oil boom...we were earning lots of money from agriculture.

(ABU was built with agric money for example.)

Also,some universities took over existing facilities. (ABU took over NCAST,Zaria,IAR Zaria...and severalothers).

But most importantly.....the number of students entering unviersity was few. (Back then if you wanted to enter university....1) You had to pass O level...and at a certain level. No such thing as five credits). 2) Passing O level qulaifed you for two extra years in secondary school....A level...which you had to pass very well to enter university. ). By 1979...we just had 80000univeristy students....and six universities...with 3 in the pipeline. Now we have over 2million university students...with 50 govt owned universities (I have not mentioned poly).

So...you see the problem.

And all those universities need money.

World class universities like UCLA have budgets of $100BN (100 billion dollars). LASU has $55million. Why won't UCLA have world class...while LASU cannot even do third class research?

I know...corruption.Our universities have a lot of corruption.But even if we eradicate it....the only road to world class facilties is by what I ahve just outlined. And we have to also diversify. We have no choice.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
ABU was built with agric money for example

OAU was also built with agric money, likewise most of the older universities.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
By 1979...we just had 80000univeristy students....and six universities...with 3 in the pipeline. Now we have over 2million university students...with 50 govt owned universities (I have not mentioned poly).

50 universities shouldn't be too much to maintain, ideally.

2 million students though. Hope there's a corresponding number of jobs. . . .. . . .
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
semitunde:
More

Those are not cool angry
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
tongue

1 Like

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by GboyegaD(m): 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:
^ the weather is a key factor.

finances are another.

What weather? We don't have extreme weathers as some of these places yet, they maintain their buildings.
In my opinion, we lack responsibility and accountability.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
Insidous:

Those are cool cheesy
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
GboyegaD:

What weather? We don't have extreme weathers as some of these places yet, they maintain their buildings.
In my opinion, we lack responsibility and accountability.

the weather overseas is more conducive to building maintenance compared to the tropics. (This same factor would make the infrastructure less capital intensive).

unless they use materials which are resistant to humidity, weathering and the likes, this will always be a problem.

if somewhere is hot throughout the year, compared to areas which have more varied seasons, it plays a role in infrastructural hardiness.

lack of responsibility, etc is easier sometimes because of geography.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Sagamite(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiar:

kini problem e?

do you not like the person it was named after or what?

how many have you built?

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

How did you get the balls to ask me such moronic questions?
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
^ e be like like say your whip dey hungry to meet you. . . . . . ..

nbo lo ti jawa ti o lokun lorun?
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=tpiadotcom post=35827789][/quote]

Ode! They are not undecided
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
Insidous:

I am an ode but I agree
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=tpiadotcom post=35828002][/quote]

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
Insidous:

How I learned to raise my self esteem instead of whining over my life, and got a brain while at it.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by semitunde: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
Insidous:

Those are not cool angry

Lol. Too many photos. I was just taking them randomly as I walked about.

Come over na and visit the school yourself.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
what would he be doing there?

he should go sightsee other schools since OAU annoys him, wetin grouch dey find for campus grin
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Sagamite(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:
^ e be like like say your whip dey hungry to meet you. . . . . . ..

nbo lo ti jawa ti o lokun lorun?

Ori e o pe!

You should not only be with a leash, but also a straitjacket for asking me such moronic questions.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by CoolBigSam(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
Wealthyone:
With any of d above, how book no go enta head grin grin grin
lol as same thing occurred to me, but then it doesn't work that way.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
Sagamite:

Ori mi o pe rara!

I am very familiar with a straitjacket and a leash (I'm freaky like that) hence my persona!

oponu radarada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer / UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.