Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? (37389 Views)

Is 15 Years Worth Waiting For A Green Card? / Adjustment Of Status (aos) From F1, K1, F2, Etc To Green Card (usa Only!) / Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Mariojane(f): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
20million and I will make Nigeria my home and abroad my shopping mall.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by adepiero: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
kennygee:
20m biko.

20M that I can use 10M to buy land in Abuja, build a duplex and boys quarters that I would put up for rent.

Then invest 10M in business.
#10m won't buy you land that will have a house and BQ in ABJ o! Maybe in Oshogbo sha. undecided

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by niceguy7(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bros abeg take the green card and gimme the doe! cheesy
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
Green card ko, yellow card ni. Naija till I live forever , even if na 20. Na to stay put.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
abbey621:
I stay in the U.S and I can tell you right now an Average American does not have 20 million Naira saved or $10,000, either way the amount of money does not matter as much as what you decide to do with it and this can be the difference between rundown and wealth!

Still don't understand your point. You make it sound like it is horrible in the state. Move back to Nigeria if that is your point.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Shekau1(m): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
kennygee:
20m biko.

20M that I can use 10M to buy land in Abuja, build a duplex and boys quarters that I would put up for rent.

Then invest 10M in business.
U mean those villages outsket Abuja ba? Because for the Abuja way I Dey stay na the 10 million all u go use buy 1 small pot of land.. grin
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by abbey621(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
donclemo:

I am guessing you have a green card and you have had to pay for school with fafsa before?

Not only a green card, I just got my Blue American passport this year. Yes, I've had to pay using Fafsa including getting Direct loans to cover the tuition for two MBA degrees.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by nwadiuko1(m): 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
Green card ko. Red card ni

Even if na ten mil. Give me and watch me turn it into gold
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ThisMeansWAR: 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bollinger:

1. I had already said the U.S will always give you options and it depends on you and how much you want to succeed.
does that mean everyone in aAmerica succeed automatically but one is bigger than the other? why then do we have so many homeless and hopeless beggars.?

2. I did not attend a community college and i did not attend an ivy league. Not everyone will get into yale and havard. But i did go to a reputable institution for my masters.
tell us the name of the University

3. I signed an initial 4 year contract as a soldier upon which i recieved so much goodies/benefits/perks/ including 120k for school, that i decided to make it permanent. Hence, why i said it depends on you and your choices.
how come those hopeless hobos ain't doing any of that? I mean really, 120k should be enough to set anyone up for life.. buy house and live good life.

4. Unlike Nigeria where you have to pay out of pocket, you can get a loan to go to school.
you can get a loan to go to school, but we are talking about 20million here.. you can go to best University in Nigeria, with small part of the money, do your masters with it and also, invest in that same money.. can you do that in America?

5. America gives you multiple choices.
Same as Nigeria if you have 20million in your account.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by portaableg(f): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
20m? He'll no.......
When it's 200m then I can think about it
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by fostermd(m): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
With 20 million you will realise there are medicall conditions that cannot be treated living in naija.Many Nigerian die unnecessarily from preventable illnesses,infections,emergencies,asthmatic attacks,childbirth,road traffic accident;insecurity,lack of opportunities,no fuel,no electricity,no water,no good roads,the list is endless.Even with one billion I will still choose to live abroad where I am.
I do not lock my doors when going out or at night before sleeping,I can plan ahead as policies here are predictable.you don't need connection to get any job,it's based on your merit,we have had medical issues and the ambulance is in front of the house in five minutes or less,same with fire service.i have lived here ten years and the light has never blinked.there are more than enough opportunities,grants,loans to improve yourself academically without help of God father.if u have issue,you have access to Govt ministers if u really need to..u get audience.
How can your 20 million naira in naija make one's life better than what I describe above.i live in one of the European countries.kids are on school break now,the have already paid my kids the money for the school uniform,shoes,stationeries etc...

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by abbey621(m): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bollinger:

Still don't understand your point. You make it sound like it is horrible in the state. Move back to Nigeria if that is your point.

Read it again! America is what you make of it but it's certainly not a bed of roses. I'm doing more than okay over here but if I received an offer that could match my monthly salary of about (700,000 naira), I would leave this place and never come back! America is wonderful but there's no place like home, no place like 9ja wallahi!

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by abisola85: 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
With 20million am on top of d world
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by sinola(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
with 20million naira,America will be pursing up and down with their green card.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by nwadiuko1(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bennymontana:
20million's too small nah!
It's not even enough to buy a house!
Unless u invest wisely, Car and house rent don chop am finish!
I'd rather relocate; av a life that cant be stolen from me...@ least i"ll work,earn and live a normal fun life like any other person; but in CANADA or USA...the experience and life can neva be bought wit just 20mil naira tissue paper! Naira's bout to drop dead...if u were tokn dolls;i'd be listening to u!
guy give a fresh graduate 20M and you ve given him a lifeline to wealth.....ehat am saying is dem no give u d money for house rent or car,,,,,,, the money is for bizness, investment or whatever name you call it

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Dindondin(m): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
wisdomiskey:
You have to choose between :

A. N20m lump-sum payment to remain in Nigeria

B. Green Card / Permanent Residency to live and work in US, UK, Australia or Canada

Which will you go for?
mumu question.
Every hustling Nigerian ll pick N20m
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by sunsky29(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

What's this one saying?! angry
must u insult..slowpoke
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by eaglechild: 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bollinger:

I hope you realize that 20mil is just 10k. My God i did not know things are this bad in Nigeria. See mentality.
I hope you realise you need to go back to school and redo mathematics.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Freiburger(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
Make God punish devil. pp don worth pass dat money 10yrs ago...

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
does that mean everyone in aAmerica succeed automatically but one is bigger than the other? why then do we have so many homeless and hopeless beggars.?

tell us the name of the University

how come those hopeless hobos ain't doing any of that? I mean really, 120k should be enough to set anyone up for life.. buy house and live good life.

you can get a loan to go to school, but we are talking about 20million here.. you can go to best University in Nigeria, with small part of the money, do your masters with it and also, invest in that same money.. can you do that in America?

Same as Nigeria if you have 20million in your account.

I really am trying to be patient with you because you are talking out of ignorance. On your point about why everyone is not doing it, well you have to live here to understand. People are generally lazy and want to live on welfare. There is no way to help people like that. Also one out of two Nigerian you see is here illegally so how can they achieve anything? On you point about the name of the university, well, i might as well google a name for you and there would be no way for you to verify, so what's the point?
On your point about the 120k, every soldier is given a certain amount to go to school. It's called the G.I bill. You can only use it for school, rent and tuition. Quality education guarantees you a six figure job so do the math. Again, i stress that you do understand that 20mil is only 10k. That's my tax refund this year alone.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by sunsky29(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
fF01:

forget dah guy, wen a 3 bedroom flats ar selling for 15 - 20milli for outskirts in abuja! nt to talk of central areas.
he dey dream..imagin d guy mention land,3 bed room,boys quater. All in 10m? Kikikikikikikikiikik I laugh in west germany
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ResourceMan(m): 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
markidoo:
Give me 20million n i will make Nigeria my abroad. Moreover its tax free living in dz Zoo.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by eaglechild: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bollinger:

I really am trying to be patient with you because you are talking out of ignorance. On your point about why everyone is not doing it, well you have to live here to understand. People are generally lazy and want to live on welfare. There is no way to help people like that. Also one out of two Nigerian you see is here illegally so how can they achieve anything? On you point about the name of the university, well, i might as well google a name for you and there would be no way for you to verify, so what's the point?
On your point about the 120k, every soldier is given a certain amount to go to school. It's called the G.I bill. You can only use it for school, rent and tuition. Quality education guarantees you a six figure job so do the math. Again, i stress that you do understand that 20mil is only 10k. That's my tax refund this year alone.
Do you seriously not know how to use a calculator?!
You keep saying $10k when it is closer to $100k.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by sammaking(m): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lasgidy1:
Even if u give me N100m, Na Canada all d way. That's d best country to live and work now
I smell HOMO.. srry I mean OMO grin
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
eaglechild:

I hope you realise you need to go back to school and redo mathematics.

shiit, you are right. i used the wrong exchange rate. Not current. But, even 100k will not even budge my stance.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
eaglechild:

Do you seriously not know how to use a calculator?!
You keep saying $10k when it is closer to $100k.

check my later posts/
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Lasgidy1(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigerboy200:

Lol..so most Canadians have up to 20million naira ( equivalent) in their account Better don't rush..d grass isn't always greener on d other side ohhhh.
Obviously u know little abt living and working in Canada. Would you prefer sticking ur ass here in a country whose currency has dwindling value or stay in and work in a country with very robust economy. Canada presently has nearly the best mortgage facility. Do u know you while in Canada, you can secure a mortgage facility for a minimum period of time, you're to live in it while you make your monthly contributions. If you so desire to terminate this mortgage contract, you will recover all the payments you've made so far for a house you equally live in as well. They also have the best paying job. My dear, in all frankness, you see 20m naira as a whole lot of money but I see it as a mere paper in a country as this.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
sunsky29:
must u insult..slowpoke

Look at this insolent basta.rd o..... angry.....I dey my own jeje you quote me dey knack teeth... abeg swerve..I no get joy this night, body dey pepper me. angry
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Olushauneddy(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
If your Lion doesn't live in the jungle where else will he live? City?
Abugab:
I will rather be a lion in the jungle than going to be a pussy cat in a city.
I will stay in Nigeria as there is nothing like home.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Galaxydon1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
wisdomiskey:
You have to choose between :

A. N20m lump-sum payment to remain in Nigeria

B. Green Card / Permanent Residency to live and work in US, UK, Australia or Canada

Which will you go for?
a stupid question.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Lasgidy1(m): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
sammaking:

I smell HOMO.. srry I mean OMO grin
Wawa
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Freiburger(m): 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
20M bucks? Sound tempting, but that's just a lil more than the annual income of a qualified plumber in Canada.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Corps Member Dies In Auto Crash After Leaving Adamawa Orientation Camp (Photos) / Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) / Rain Destroys A Filling Station In Abuja At Old Kutunku (photos)