Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? (37370 Views)

Is 15 Years Worth Waiting For A Green Card? / Adjustment Of Status (aos) From F1, K1, F2, Etc To Green Card (usa Only!) / Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by PastorAji(m): 6:54am On Jul 14, 2015
Make I say something
20milla with good business ideas will make me perpetually rich and comfortable (with God) for life

Green Card........wa sise bi eni fe Ku

because 20m $82,987.55 tax free is Berra Dan $50k with more than enough tax

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by carpenter(m): 7:09am On Jul 14, 2015
Interesting choices and sincerely will depend on each individual's perspective. I will pick 20m over a green card but somethings to note are below if you decide to pick a green card over 20m tax free money which gives you leverage

1. Having a green card does not guarantee you a job (Do you have what it takes to compete in that market...got to be real to yourself)
2. For mortgages, cars, education and the good life we all want, you need to take a loan (gbese)
3. An investment in education does not necessarily yield good profits (there are several pple neck in debt for thousands of dollars in student debt)
4. For everything the advanced countries have that make them very attractive to all of us, you pay for (no free ride)
5. Nigerian is not as stable as any of these economies but do you wonder why foreign investors still invest in our economy? (the higher the risk, the higher the reward)
6. You can have the 20m and still stand the chance of getting a green card and vice versa

I will like to think if one thinks he cannot make it in this country with 20m naira even as unstable as we like to think it is, he/she will find it difficult everywhere else.

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Freiburger(m): 7:14am On Jul 14, 2015
abbeyty:

Don't you know how long is going to take that plumber to save 20 milla. He may not save up to 2milla throughout the year
Abeg commot. Don't even know where to start from with you smiley
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by oscarnoble(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2015
20 million naira,,,abeg oluwa abeg do am for me I can't wait, wetin I wan carry green card do?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 14, 2015
ddami:
America- a future,, they have an external debt of $18trillion more than their GDP.. shebi you see greece.... don't worry just evade $2 tax - prison straight....,,

as for me in Nigeria, with 20mill I go enter Forbes... in 4-6 yrs..

Forbes ko, Linda ikeji list ni,

Which kind 20m investment? No light, dollar keeps gaining, do you realize a business of 20m is still small scale?

You'll finish your capital searching for fuel... No hopes in PHCN in this our generation.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Freiburger(m): 7:30am On Jul 14, 2015
lol... even people with a Zero business ideal wan collect 20milla. I expect that from a poverty stinking Society.

Eat me!!!

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by hollypagan: 7:51am On Jul 14, 2015
No bi only green card an yellow card abeg bring the money Joor
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by bigerboy200: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2015
Lasgidy1:

Obviously u know little abt living and working in Canada. Would you prefer sticking ur ass here in a country whose currency has dwindling value or stay in and work in a country with very robust economy. Canada presently has nearly the best mortgage facility. Do u know you while in Canada, you can secure a mortgage facility for a minimum period of time, you're to live in it while you make your monthly contributions. If you so desire to terminate this mortgage contract, you will recover all the payments you've made so far for a house you equally live in as well. They also have the best paying job. My dear, in all frankness, you see 20m naira as a whole lot of money but I see it as a mere paper in a country as this.
Nice one tho..
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by swankylay(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2015
mfm04622:
This country you Nigerians are denigrating, foreigners come here to make their fortunes! All these Lebanese, Indians and Chinese making it in Nigeria, how much did they come with? Give me the 20M and anytime I want to get permanent stay in any country, I will be welcome with open arms

Do u know How much they come in with. They come in with higher value of dia currency Wc is thousands dia but millions here. It's a risk worth taking. They making it in naija but let dem convert it baq to dia currency. It's chicken feed.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 14, 2015
Imanuelle:

Forbes ko, Linda ikeji list ni,

Which kind 20m investment? No light, dollar keeps gaining, do you realize a business of 20m is still small scale?

You'll finish your capital searching for fuel... No hopes in PHCN in this our generation.
in this same country, there was no light dangote, Seun osewa, Jim ovia made it.... Thanks I will still stick to my 20millon..

2 Likes

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ebenezerolaiwola(m): 8:01am On Jul 14, 2015
20mil all the way. green card ko blue card ni, after invest the money i will rich pass dangote
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by dannewlife(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2015
I will transform N20m into N100m in five years. And turn and turn my vicinity into green pastures.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 14, 2015
ddami:
in this same country, there was no light dangote, Seun osewa, Jim ovia made it.... Thanks I will still stick to my 20millon..

Your choice. smiley
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2015
mfm04622:

You went there with a degree! That is worth a lot! That gave you a leg up

Like I said. ...you have to live it to understand it.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by abbeyty(m): 8:35am On Jul 14, 2015
Freiburger:

Abeg commot. Don't even know where to start from with you smiley

Are you well at all ? Why don't you start from somewhere and let see how far you can go. You better pack your plumbing tools to Canada and let see how long is going to take you to save 20 million ode
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Gideonmi(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2015
u r truly a nigerian cheesy
Neduzze5:
Very simple stuff!

I'll collect the 20 million, use 5 million to bribe a British official to give me a Green Card and voila, it's a win win situation for me! wink

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Neduzze5(m): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2015
Gideonmi:
u r truly a nigerian cheesy

Hahahahaha.... Sure thing bro... We learnt it from our leaders grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Freiburger(m): 9:11am On Jul 14, 2015
Thread is filled with ignorance and stüpidity embarassed
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ThisMeansWAR: 10:02am On Jul 14, 2015
Bollinger:

You are confusing choice with the lack of it. Bro's, i grow up for Naija small na. Nigerians don't have a choice. You know what? i take it back. Nigerians have a choice of eating crap and smiling about it or eat it and don't smile. Are you telling me you choose to not to have power all year round? you chose to not to have gas for extended periods of time? you choose to drive on bad roads? you choose not to have security? come on man, you aren't talking to a toddler you know. For choice to work, you have to have it. American's have numerous choices at their disposal for success; it's either you take it or you don't.
actually, you are the one getting it twisted.. poverty has nothing to do with infrastructure.. you think about infrastructure after you are out of poverty.. (same way you think about food first before property) there are many choices to move out of poverty in Nigeria but I don't get why those poor beggars just don't take it... (eg education, there is free education in Nigeria and some scholarship programs for tertiary schools if you are brilliant enough.... there are vocational centers where people can get vocational skills in some states in Nigeria..
now before we go off topic, point is, if this things are as easy as you painted it, everyone would ride.. although iI agree some people are lazy but still doesn't change that fact it's not bed of roses .. e. g you have to be accepted in a school before you can atleast request for a loan in America or anyone can just walk into the institution that grants loan and request for it? besides, not everyone will be educated and the mortgage Americans will give you is to live normal American life and way out of poverty but not make you live American dream.. but with 20million naira, you can live Nigerian dream if you maintain it wisely.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by IBBG(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2015
markidoo:
ku boroh ifod eyen mma ado, ekere ke efid owo ese ma ndiseme amoh ese nam a mi. Akere dieh?
Akpan, afo?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by markidoo(m): 10:30am On Jul 14, 2015
IBBG:
Akpan, afo?
Nsikakabasi,ndung ke uyo,ewet housing estate. Afo?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by IBBG(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2015
markidoo:
Nsikakabasi,ndung ke uyo,ewet housing estate. Afo?
Mba ke essien town calabar.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2015
I'll choose the green card (Australia) over 20million because opportunities is better than cash & I bet most of you all ranting business and investing 20 million in Nigeria like all businesses thrive are going to drop from 20 - 0 in few years

Na so business easy ?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by kingtarget(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2015
Permanent stay @Australia wit job and house 9ja is good for some pple not for me.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by knight001: 11:43am On Jul 14, 2015
20million don bath........ with your green card in america......you will make x 100 of it...first d weather, mentality,environment.. and respect you get for a country DAT so. much cherish her citizens.....na small. remain Nigeria will. soon turn to mali

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by charzyh2: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2015
Which kind question be this shuooo? No wonder Obasanjo said he pitied the youths of Nigeria because they lack vision to see. 20million naira can go a long way to making me a billionaire on forbes list in 10years.

Simple mathematics:

If u give me green card, I MAY boast of 20 million in 12 years time ( I go wash dead body tire day and night and earn minimum wage ($8/hr, 50hrs/ week), pay monthly house rent ($1000), pay water bill, electricity bill, the bills still many o). I go send money give parents because I no be bastard, I go borrow student loan after school, I will keep paying for 10years (depends). I will get married, pay children school fee, there insurance which is hundreds of dollars each. Expenses will take 80% off your salary

Now, If you give me 20million, I will certainly boast of at 500 million naira in 5 years time.
Business all the way: Sand dredging, Rice milling, Cocoa distribution/processing (powder), cashew business, plantain business, haulage business then I will upgrade to oil & gas servicing, become a capitalist, employ the americans in my companies while I reap the fruit of my business. (tax payment= 500k/ year, fuel= 3million naira). All risks (road, electricity etc) will be mitigated. My business plan and feasibility study report still dey house.

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 14, 2015
Neduzze5:
Very simple stuff!

I'll collect the 20 million, use 5 million to bribe a British official to give me a Green Card and voila, it's a win win situation for me! wink

See 'Olodo' of the highest order, if you don't know what you are saying or typing then just 'google' to cross-check for errors. FYI a Green Card is issued by the government of America and not the British. Which jungle did you just emanate from friendo?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by omobone(m): 11:50am On Jul 14, 2015
People will keep looking at the 20million at just face value. I'm a green card holder. Just had mine like 3 months ago. Lemme tell you... Being a Green card holder gives you access to financial aid for school for 6 years... 4 years of college and 2 years of masters... Thats an average of 5 thousand dollars per year provided you don't exceed a certain limit of income. As at present, my younger brother was awarded a financial aid of over $9000. (Financial aid, not loan. So you don't pay back.)

Secondly, it's a highway to being an American citizen which your wife (or future wife) and children(or future children) are entitled to. So, multiple green cards and they'd become citizens.

3rdly, you've got access and opportunities for self development and creativity enhancement.

4thly, I live in New York. Minimum wage presently is $8.75/hour. If you are two, or find someone... You can afford to share your rent with the person for a startup. Then continually develop yourself. Presently, I receive 10/hour. I got a raise after a year. I work 40hours/week. If you can do two jobs and get about 60hours/week.... Good for you. In two or 3 years, depending on the career path you chose, you should be at least on 13/hour. You may then decide to live on your own and continue self development. By then, If you live responsibly, you'd have access to loans, cr3dit card limits of like $5k. With good credits, you can purchase things from Amazon interest free if you pay within 6months for example.

Fiftly, I earn in dollars. I just bought a $200 Bose Soundlink Mini 2 Bluetooth speaker worth over 40k in Naija( for Bluetooth speaker). Even if I earn 200k per month, do you think I can buy a Bluetooth speaker for that amount? I go-to the market and buy a pair of Nike sneakers for $70 dollars or even over $100 randomly. Convert that. I may have to be earning like 300k per month to do that.

There are so many more...
I am not saying America is a bed of roses. But believe me. Once you're responsible, America can help you be what you wanna be.

Sixtly... I don't need to talk about the ladies. You have very very pretty ladies here in America.

So, both have advantages and disadvantages. It depends on what you want. If you are like 40...you can take the 20mil and stay put. But, at say 25...where you still have the time and age is on your side... You can come to America, create a niche for yourself and live a great life. Believe me, there is another side of life to what we have in Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
actually, you are the one getting it twisted.. poverty has nothing to do with infrastructure.. you think about infrastructure after you are out of poverty.. (same way you think about food first before property) there are many choices to move out of poverty in Nigeria but I don't get why those poor beggars just don't take it... (eg education, there is free education in Nigeria and some scholarship programs for tertiary schools if you are brilliant enough.... there are vocational centers where people can get vocational skills in some states in Nigeria..
now before we go off topic, point is, if this things are as easy as you painted it, everyone would ride.. although iI agree some people are lazy but still doesn't change that fact it's not bed of roses .. e. g you have to be accepted in a school before you can atleast request for a loan in America or anyone can just walk into the institution that grants loan and request for it? besides, not everyone will be educated and the mortgage Americans will give you is to live normal American life and way out of poverty but not make you live American dream.. but with 20million naira, you can live Nigerian dream if you maintain it wisely.

I honestly don't understand anything you wrote. To me you are arguing for the sake of it. Do you know how laughable it is to hear you say there are viable choices in Nigeria? If there were, Nigeria would be the America of Africa. My whole point is you are posting and googling from far away and assuming you know America, which you don't. I understand both societies and if I tell you that living here legally and not making it is a choice. You have to live it to understand it.

P.s Don't claim to understand the American dream. The American dream is all about an individual achieving whatever goals he/she targets with the assistance of government. It is not about mortgage or 20million.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by egwua1: 11:56am On Jul 14, 2015
A
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by noah91(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
Omo, na the green card i go collect o. Am 100% sure i would hv made more than 20 million in less than 3 yrs plus d comfort, self investment n development, and exposure. North America all d way, make i live d American dream

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle / Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) / Corps Member Dies In Auto Crash After Leaving Adamawa Orientation Camp (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.