Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? (37374 Views)

Is 15 Years Worth Waiting For A Green Card? / Adjustment Of Status (aos) From F1, K1, F2, Etc To Green Card (usa Only!) / Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Neduzze5(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
ajantala:

See 'Olodo' of the highest order, if you don't know what you are saying or typing then just 'google' to cross-check for errors. FYI a Green Card is issued by the government of America and not the British. Which jungle did you just emanate from friendo?

My Bro, say this slowly;

"I am a nitwit"
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
mfm04622:

This is my 14th year of working in Nigeria and I have access to more than 2M. Am not choosing green card over 20M! Simple. I have projects planned already and that money will accelerate my plans

Bros you actually made me to kneel down and say thank you Lord.
14yrs working in 9ja and you don't have access to 3m and you still chose to remain there,bros c'mon you re wasting ur talent in 9ja.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by brazilianboy: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
Green card all the way after all I can travel for visit

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ThisMeansWAR: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
Bollinger:

I honestly don't understand anything you wrote. To me you are arguing for the sake of it. Do you know how laughable it is to hear you say there are viable choices in Nigeria? If there were, Nigeria would be the America of Africa. My whole point is you are posting and googling from far away and assuming you know America, which you don't. I understand both societies and if I tell you that living here legally and not making it is a choice. You have to live it to understand it.

P.s Don't claim to understand the American dream. The American dream is all about an individual achieving whatever goals he/she targets with the assistance of government. It is not about mortgage or 20million.
there is no point talking to you if you can't pick a point or the other in my post... or read and comprehend my post before replying.
like I'm doing to your post.

may be you think I'm comparing Nigeria to America.. no, we all know that there is more opportunity in America than Nigeria,
but saying people don't have any choice or opportunity in Nigeria shows either you knew nothing about Nigeria or you just really don't see anything good in the country to make your America look good.. if America is that perfect, with choices and opportunities flying around there won't be poor people on the street without a house or rely or churches or charity organizations to feed em.

well, the message is out for those who understand my post. have a good day sir.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by onoja12: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
story in canada they don't recognize any countries certificate except their own which means you have to wash plate and do labour work till you can find at least 40,000 canadian dollar to send yourself to school,so please save me the stories plus how much is house rent,food,light,gas,insurance,phone bill taxes at the end of the day your 130k a year would not reach you up to 10,000 in savings

Xetima:

Where you travel go my brother? You enter go chop aduro ni? N20m is less than what some Naija guys especially in IT are earning. Know a guy who earns $130k in Canada, Toronto to be precise. If you enter without papers, you can only work as a labourer.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
there is no point talking to you if you can't pick a point or the other in my post... or read and comprehend my post before replying.
like I'm doing to your post.

may be you think I'm comparing Nigeria to America.. no, we all know that there is more opportunity in America than Nigeria,
but saying people don't have any choice or opportunity in Nigeria shows either you knew nothing about Nigeria or you just really don't see anything good in the country to make your America look good.. if America is that perfect, with choices and opportunities flying around there won't be poor people on the street without a house or rely or churches or charity organizations to feed em.

well, the message is out for those who understand my post. have a good day sir.

And you don't want to accept that movies won't tell you about another country you've never been to. Over here people CHOOSE to get pregnant at the age of 16 so they can collect welfare for life. People choose to resist government efforts to help them be successful. Deliberately. If i, who has no single relative in the U.S can move there and start laying a decent foundation within six months, what stops someone who was born there from doing same? Logic seems to escape you in this regard. Again, you have to live it to understand it. Google, youtube and wikipedia are not your friend in this regard.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by 989900: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
hustla:
Tough choice
Id take 20m ,invest in some Real Estate then migrate with normal visa

Ole! cheesy

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ThisMeansWAR: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
Bollinger:

And you don't want to accept that movies won't tell you about another country you've never been to. Over here people CHOOSE to get pregnant at the age of 16 so they can collect welfare for life. People choose to resist government efforts to help them be successful. Deliberately. If i, who has no single relative in the U.S can move there and start laying a decent foundation within six months, what stops someone who was born there from doing same? Logic seems to escape you in this regard. Again, you have to live it to understand it. Google, youtube and wikipedia arI don't not your friend in this regard.
lmao.. and you think, I don't have relatives or friends in the USA.. in fact everything I know is from a movie.. don't you think that's dumb on your side? you don't even think we have Google in Nigeria grin

people get pregnant at 16 for welfare package, is that the great opportunity great America has to offer? grin. no welfare package unless you get pregnant at 16.. kikikiikikiki

if I make my first million within a year after graduation, I wonder why those poor graduates in Nigeria couldn't do it the way I did mine after all, I had same opportunity and choice like everyone else.. see logic 101..

Bros, go to bed.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
lmao.. and you think, I don't have relatives or friends in the USA.. in fact everything I know is from a movie.. don't you think that's dumb on your side? you don't even think we have Google in Nigeria grin

people get pregnant at 16 for welfare package, is that the great opportunity great America has to offer? grin. no welfare package unless you get pregnant at 16.. kikikiikikiki

if I make my first million within a year after graduation, I wonder why those poor graduates in Nigeria couldn't do it the way I did mine after all, I had same opportunity and choice like everyone else.. see logic 101..

Bros, go to bed.

You need to live it to understand it. Google is not your friend.

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ThisMeansWAR: 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
Bollinger:

You need to live it to understand it. Google is not your friend.
lmao..
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by 989900: 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
It all depends, 'toooo' many factors need to to be taken into consideration.

For some people, N20M would be a better option, for some . . . the green card definitely is the better option.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Lasgidy1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
olumide4christ:

They are still of higher value than your Ikorodu/Mowe/Ofada lands and have much higher RETURN-ON-INVESTMENT than the Ikorodu/Mowe/Ofada lands. Rent in Lugbe now for a 2-bedroom flat is going for N750000 -N800000 per year; 3-bedroom flat is going for at least N1 million per year. Tell me where in Ikorodu (even in Agric which is the 'Ikoyi' of Ikorodu) or Mowe or Ofada can you get such properties with such rent?
Ok, you win. Kobakaba?

Take note - I reside in Lagos but have some commitments in Abuja and by virtue of my profession in the Construction sector, I know that it costs cheaper to build in Abuja than in Lagos. I have undertaken projects in both cities even in recent times so I can tell you that for free.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Lasgidy1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
ikechukwu354:

please hope ur nt IGBO...??
I be confam delta guy
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by sunsky29(m): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

I go spit for your eye o... grin
nw tel me sorry
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
sunsky29:
nw tel me sorry

Because?..... cheesy
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by sunsky29(m): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Because?..... cheesy
u dnt kw dt I hv connections here in nairaland
I myt gt u banned for a month try me if u dnt blv or ask ishilove
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
sunsky29:
u dnt kw dt I hv connections here in nairaland

I myt gt u banned for a month try me if u dnt blv or ask ishilove

I Wonder so love to see how powerful you are cheesy
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ephi123(f): 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Bollinger:

Bro's, this is your first and final warning. Stop making sense. You are confusing a lot of people on this thread. Logic and common sense does not have a place here. You have been warned.

Na wa o, in other words every other person posting on this thread lacks "logic and common sense". I have read your earlier and subsequent posts and all I can say is tone down the arrogance please. It's oozing all over, not a pretty sight. You've made your choice, let others make theirs. Se fini
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 12:48am On Jul 15, 2015
ephi123:

Na wa o, in other words every other person posting on this thread lacks "logic and common sense". I have read your earlier and subsequent posts and all I can say is tone down the arrogance please. It's oozing all over, not a pretty sight. You've made your choice, let others make theirs. Se fini

Lol, it's not hard to decipher what option you'd choose. grin
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
:PI wud go for green card' anydsy anytyn
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ephi123(f): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2015
Bollinger:

Lol, it's not hard to decipher what option you'd choose. grin

That's not the point.
Regardless of whether it is a billion naira or citizenship for all the countries of the world, none of those things will mean anything the moment a person is 6 ft under (which by the way no one has any control over).
But in any case, my point, in case you missed it is -- tone down the bragging wink
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
ephi123:

That's not the point.
Regardless of whether it is a billion naira or citizenship for all the countries of the world, none of those things will mean anything the moment a person is 6 ft under (which by the way no one has any control over).
But in any case, my point, in case you missed it is -- tone down the bragging wink

What is this cuntt talking about? Is that the topic of discussion? six feet under? Another retarded individual.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by ephi123(f): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
Bollinger:

What is this cuntt talking about? Is that the topic of discussion? six feet under? Another retarded individual.

Just shut it and go have a seat. Hiss. Cunt ko, cunt ni. Is it grammar we are talking about?!
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Bollinger(m): 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
ephi123:

Just shut it and go have a seat. Hiss. Cunt ko, cunt ni. Is it grammar we are talking about?!

Well? what i typed was "c.unt", not well. The auto correct on NL must have changed it. Sorry.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by mfm04622: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2015
euromilion:

Bros you actually made me to kneel down and say thank you Lord.
14yrs working in 9ja and you don't have access to 3m and you still chose to remain there,bros c'mon you re wasting ur talent in 9ja.

More than 2 million can mean 100M! Even my side hustle (not salary) is more than 3M/Annum
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
mfm04622:

More than 2 million can mean 100M! Even my side hustle (not salary) is more than 3M/Annum

Ah,I hope so oo bros.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
It is a shame in 2015 people still think destination matters. Anybody can make it anywhere. You don't need a green card or 20 million. Just get to work and achieve your dreams
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by kelechiMarie(f): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
I'll take the twenty million naira 'cause i've never wished to live in america
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Goldenboy007(m): 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
I have a friend who used to be a contract staff in one of these Nigerian Telco, the best he had was renting a Self contained apartment and a 1999 Toyota.
He got a Green Card and moved to New York ...as an IT professional he now earns $145,000 annually..even with tax he would still be earning above $100k. Recently he bought a brand new BMW X5. However there are people that have been in US for 10 years and can't boast of return ticket money !!!
A Green Card isn't a document...it's a Legacy that changes the destiny of your children unborn..that's if it's in the right hand !!!
For N20m? Buy gala from the money and it ain't N20m again.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
Goldenboy007:
I have a friend who used to be a contract staff in one of these Nigerian Telco, the best he had was renting a Self contained apartment and a 1999 Toyota.
He got a Green Card and moved to New York ...as an IT professional he now earns $145,000 annually..even with tax he would still be earning above $100k. Recently he bought a brand new BMW X5. However there are people that have been in US for 10 years and can't boast of return ticket money !!!
A Green Card isn't a document...it's a Legacy that changes the destiny of your children unborn..that's if it's in the right hand !!!
For N20m? Buy gala from the money and it ain't N20m again.

It is obvious you are living in a dream land. "Legacy that changes the destiny of your children unborn"? Please name a single Nigerian that was born in the US. that made it. Just a single one. No Nigerian was able to save $2million in 401k, if they did CNN Money will profile them. This is 2015 you guys should stop living in a dream land. You guys are brain dead for real. The first 5 million successful Nigerians were born and made their wealth in Nigeria. Trust me, No american based is on the list. None
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
ayodele234:

It is obvious you are living in a dream land. "Legacy that changes the destiny of your children unborn"? Please name a single Nigerian that was born in the US. that made it. Just a single one. No Nigerian was able to save $2million in 401k, if they did CNN Money will profile them. This is 2015 you guys should stop living in a dream land. You guys are brain dead for real. The first 5 million successful Nigerians were born and made their wealth in Nigeria. Trust me, No american based is on the list. None

How many Nigerians living in US do you know?

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:

How many Nigerians living in US do you know?

Please can you name one yourself so we get this discussion started cos if they are really known it shouldn't even be a matter of discussion. And for your information 62% of Americans are just one paycheck away from living on the street. Nigerians are fond of exaggerating the western world while also giving all our money to global capitalism

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) / Corps Member Dies In Auto Crash After Leaving Adamawa Orientation Camp (Photos) / Rain Destroys A Filling Station In Abuja At Old Kutunku (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60