Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) (34822 Views)

Osinbajo Vs Fashola In 2014 And I'm 2017 (Photos) / Fashola In N166bn Road And Bridge Contract Mess - Premium Times / VP Osinbajo Visits Fashola In His Lagos Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by ooshinibos: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
i didn't Know fashola shared the same religion with IS and Boko
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by multikolour(m): 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
Simitrendy:
is this the new way of begging for likes and share.
no bro but if you are jealous I can dash you some.
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by mmrius(m): 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
Great and wise man. We need you in the helms of affairs again to lead Nigeria to the promised land.
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by Simitrendy: 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
multikolour:
no bro but if you are jealous I can dash you some.
. jealous ke lol
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by Brytawon(m): 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
As brilliant as it must be kicking a ball about with Neymar, Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez in training, there comes a time in every man's life when you've just got to branch out on your own. Get some minutes on the pitch.
Barcelona striker Pedro, 27, has surely got a decent Premier League season or three in him? That's reportedly what Chelsea reckon anyway - they're said to have already put an offer in.
Pedro, who's available for a cool 30 million euros (£21m) after Barca reduced his buyout clause down from 150 million euros (£105m), says "there are offers" for him, but he hasn't said who from, and he hasn't yet said he plans to leave...
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by Skillz02(m): 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
walemadu:
fash baba. its okay
Website please
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by simdam500(m): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
Fashola.... a blessing to Lagos
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by LagosShia: 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
chuose:
My muslim Nigerians, God does not like a man bowing to a statue or stone.
This cannot be God

This idol worship or better put stone worship

what you call "idol worship" is biblical.we are following the examples in the bible of "stone worship" by the holy men of Jehovah!

Genesis 28:18
The next morning Jacob got up very early. He took the stone he had rested his head against, and he set it upright as a memorial pillar. Then he poured olive oil over it.

Genesis 35:14
Jacob set up a stone pillar to mark the place where God had spoken to him. Then he poured wine over it as an offering to God and anointed the pillar with olive oil.

Daniel 6:10
Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Jonah 2: 4-7
“Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet ‘I will look again’ toward thy holy temple…When my soul fainted within me I remembered Yahweh; and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.”

2 Chronicles 6:18-21
18 “But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 19 Yet, LORD my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. 20 May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

1 Kings 8:27-29
27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 28 Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 29 May your eyes be open toward this temple night and day, this place of which you said, ‘My Name shall be there,’ so that you will hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place.
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by LagosShia: 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hajj-Pilgrimage To Makkah (aka Bacca in the Quran) Psalm 84:4-7
"Blessed are those who dwell in your house;they are ever praising you.Selah Blessed are those whose strength is in you,who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.As they pass through the Valley of Baca,they make it a place of springs;the autumn rains also cover it with pools.They go from strength to strength,till each appears before God in Zion.Hear my prayer, O Lord God Almighty;listen to me, O God of Jacob.Selah Look upon our shield,c O God;look with favor on your anointed one.Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the Lord God is a sun and shield;the Lord bestows favor and honor;no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Lord Almighty,blessed is the man who trusts in you.

Pilgrimage of Ezekiel to Mecca:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/ezekiel_pilgrimage.htm

Makkah in the Bible (below in quotes from the thread whose link appear right under here):
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-804239.64.html#msg9633958

talking about archaeolohy and what the Quran mentions specifically about Abraham and the Ka'bah in particular,let me first bring to your notice that in your very own bible Hagar,the mother of Ishamel,who we believe along with his father Abraham rebuilt the ka'ba and placed the black stone is mentioned to have being in arabia.

Galatians 4:25
Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.
(note that the above verse cannot be taken figuratively as the christian would speculate because Hagar is not from arabia but from egypt).so if really Hagar (as) was in arabia,why do you find it hard to believe Abraham stepped foot in Makkah?

here is even more explicit verse regarding the "wilderness of Paran" which is Arabia:

Genesis 21:20-21 (KJV) “And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. And he dwelt in the wilderness of Paran: and his mother took him a wife out of the land of Egypt.”

and you can read here for archaelogical finding that mount sinai is actually in saudi arabia (note that the israelites according to the bible are said to have roamed the desert for years.that could only be in arabia):

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/mt__sinai_found.htm
http://antipas.net/15faq.htm

read about Paran (Faran in arabic):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_of_Paran

Numbers 10:12
Then the Israelites set out from the Desert of Sinai and traveled from place to place until the cloud came to rest in the Desert of Paran.

In Surah 3:96, Makkah (refered to as Mecca) is given the name Bakkah:
Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for Al-`Alamin (the mankind and jinns).

The Bible, in Psalm 84:5,6, mentions the valley of Baca:
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs: the autumn rains also cover it with pools. (NIV)

furthermore we read about Paran (arabia) in the bible:

Numbers 10:12 (KJV) “And the children of Israel took their journeys out of the wilderness of Sinai; and the cloud rested in the wilderness of Paran.”

Numbers 13:1-3 (KJV)
“And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel: of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, every one a ruler among them. And Moses by the commandment of the LORD sent them from the wilderness of Paran: all those men were heads of the children of Israel.”

Habakkuk 3:3
God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah His glory covered the heavens and his praise filled the earth.
(we know that the first revelation that descended upon Muhammad (sa) was in a cave called hira in a mountain known as Jabal an-Nur in Makkah).

Pilgrimage of Prophet Ezekiel (mentioned in the bible) to Makkah:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/ezekiel_pilgrimage.htm
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by Nempi(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
In whom the gods of this world hath blinded their eyes that they may not see the light of the glorious gospel
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by NobleG1(m): 2:57am On Jul 14, 2015
I don't know he was a Muslim.
Re: Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) by walemadu: 10:54am On Jul 14, 2015
Skillz02:

Website please
place a call. nl blocks the links

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mustapha Audu Apologised To Peter Obi Over Fake Phone Call / Sanwo-Olu Performs Groundbreaking Ceremony For 37Km Mass Rail (Red Line) / Nigerians May Shock APC, PDP In 2023 - Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.