Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu (23928 Views)

Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets / 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by meforyou1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I listened to the senator. She was saying rubbish. How do you describe a senator that says there is no problem in the Senate?
I'm sure you will be happy if the President increases his salary. Fela was right, "suffering and smiling, yeye no dey."
what is the problem in the senate?
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by Zico5(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
nellycobs:
Omo we re. Cutting cost of governance was one of the promises of APC. Let the president institutionalize it by working with the relevant agency to make it binding on political office holders. All they are doing is playing to the gallery. You are jealous of the Igbo's that you no longer reason with your head

Jealous of Igbo? What is igbo legacy, the people that cannot stay in their region, the people that re synonymous to all vices. My friend go and sit down, I can never trade south west for any tribe.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by RickyTan: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
Zico5:
I wonder how we get ourselves aligning with these set of people. It seems igbo has nothing good to contribute to the development of this nation rather than victimization. How is it your concerns if the president cut his salary or the only thing these people understand is corruption. That is why igbo can never rule this country. But I cannot rule it out in their Biafra kingdom. I just pity them cos they re not helping themselves at all

See your useless jealous life. You are consumed with tribalism. One man talk you attack Igbo nation. I think you should seek help for you anti Igbo severe emotional problems.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by Lordave: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
shachris:
wtf. You wailers give it a rest please. You are beginning to sound really depressed.

I'm still following you
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
4bobo:
you reduce , wahala
you increase, wahala
you maintain wahala

human beings??
insatiable grin grin grin grin

the thing tire me ooo
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Cdstars:

Please I'm not attacking you and answer my question politely.
Where will the other 50 percent go to if he takes only 50 percent.
To the federation account
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
lol, i no even remember that
gragraboy:

Him no wear singlet Wahala
Him wear one cloth Wahala
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by zonties1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
wat a stupidity for asking dat kinda dumb question... ao come TV stations nw put dier mouth in2 politics hitch...be it law or no law its dier own personal decision... ok
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by ceejay80s(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
mumu talk, it like telling me that my Md does not have the power to cut down his staffs salary, when he no see money pay again, na wa for some people, he is planning on how to to increase his own salary when he becomes president in 2098
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by castrokins(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
This Is My Problem With Nigeria. We'd Sacrifice Laws On The Altar Of Populism. Buhari Will Wake Up And Decide To Bail Out States Without Senate Approval. With Funds Not Appropriated Nor Captured In The Budget. You Cut Or Slash Salary Without Recourse To The Laws Of The Land. You Must Be A Dictator To Be Acting In Isolation. This Is A Democratic Country. You Guys Dissing This Man On NL Are The Real Problem Of This Country. Same Way You Support APC To Rape The Constitution To Satisfy The Tinubu-led Cabal

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by vanen2: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:
And to think that his VP Osinbajo is a professor of law who should guide his mentally incapacitated boss in situations like these beats me.
wetin this one the talk Is corruption a Law? But they steal and go scott-free....... aaaah sorry, stealing is not corruption. This is a very good move by PMB and PYO.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by JustSayYesOkay: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
I will like to ask the so called professor of law (Chidi Odikalu) one this: do the president, vice president, governors and their deputies have right to ask for increment of salaries If the answer to that is YES, then his argument is null and void.
Last I checked every employee has a right to ask for an upward or downward review of salaries. In this case president Buhari did not give direct order for a reduction of his salaries, but a request. It is left for the Revenue Mobilization Commission to start the process to effect the change. If they will not accept, then they should give reasons why.
If the National Assembly members can sit and demand for their salaries and redundant allowances to be reviewed upwards without people like this professor Chidi saying anything, then I am afraid the people we are to look up too have indeed failed us.

So oga professor go and sidon one place, you just showed we Nigerians that your professor title is a waste!!! Old man wey no get common sense!!! I pray you never come out for any political post...Anuofia!!!
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ola17:
Haba, put gun for his head na undecided

Our people sha. Instead of encouraging more political office holders to subscribe to pay cut, this one is here talking bullshït.

Inasmuch as reducing his salat doesn't need any legislative backing, PMB can simply communicate his decision to the appropriate time quarters and the necessary adjustments will be made:
I no wan vex abeg.

A presidents salary represents 0.00002% of his total take home.

forget all those shiit ur talking about

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by vanen2: 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
BHNLMedia:
This man is seriously ill.
Will you force a man to take his full salary?
If he insists he has no need for it, so be it!

BUSH HOUSE MEDIA LTD

We are independent radio company that goes on air for an hour on Monday-Friday on Kapital Fm Abuja (11pm-Noon), and on Saturday(4:30-5:30), we air on the network service of Radio Nigeria.

Do you wish to be interviewed?

Do you want massive media presence in all that concerns your social , economic and political life?

Do you want to advertise your products and company?

Do you wish to broadcast information like wedding events, Hotel opening, Obituaries, Seminars, birthdays, Events, etc?

Are you an upcoming musician ? Do you want to be interviewed live on air?

Are you advocating for political positions, do you want to campaign on air? Do you want to reach out to your electorate?

Do you wish to sponsor our programmes, or partner with us?

Do you need a personal media company that manages your media and public profile?

Do you wish to discuss the State of the Nation in our Living room?

Do you want to preach the gospel on air?

Do you want a platform to preach and discuss Islam, especially during the ceremonial seasons?

Do you wish to discuss about the challenges in the Nigerian society? Missing persons report, injustice and social vices?

Do you wish to utilise our BUSH HOUSE PROPERTIES PLATFORM to advertise your Estate, building , construction company ,shopping malls, event centers, hospitals, etc.Here, we link buyers and sellers!

HURRY NOW! With our SHOPPING MALL PLATFORM you can advertise for as low as 3000 Naira.

Visit us @
THREE FLAG ZONE.

THE KETON APARTMENTS

Adjacent Sunny Vale Homes

Lokogoma Expressway, Abuja, Nigeria.

Or call the following numbers

09092920124 Miss Odoh

Office hours 0815-509-2393.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
na una interview the man way say it's against the law for the President to cut him salary ba?
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by ElFenomeno1: 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Na wa oo!
If he doesn't cut the salary, jobsworths and naysayers will talk... He slashes, and they are still talking
There is nothing you can do to please some people!!!!
Fuc.....k you Odinkalu!
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
His wardrobe allowance alone is higher than his basic salary times 50.He should get rid of those outrageous and ridiculous allowances like furniture, wardrobe, newspapers,medicals, car maintenance etc.Not the salary that is chicken change.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by castrokins(m): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
My Brother, He's Not An Attention Seeker. Buhari Swore To Uphold The Constitution. If He The Contradicts The Tenets Of The Constitution, He's Liable And Guilty As Has Been Pointed Out. We're In A Democracy For God's Sake. If Buhari Feels He's Not Comfortable With The Democratic Norms, He'd Say So And Submit His Resignation.

FOLYKAZE:
Attention seeker, we already know that you are in town. If you does not like GMB decision, ols head to the court

1 Like

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by kendave123: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
It is his personal sacrifice to the nation.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by lanog: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
'I set my goals and objectives in accordance with my vision. I study them and strategically execute them. My detractors discuss my successes and failure because they have nothing to execute. I am in the news more because am working, Nigerians discuss active men in the field mentioning any negative news about me will double the wealth of any news media that published 3it. My name today is a financial market for journalist. Not even elected politicians get the publicity i am enjoying my comrades , go and work till mentioning your name becomes a source of increased wealth for someone. Even my weakness create wealth for vendors'. ---BOLA TINUBU--
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by tonquendo4u(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Zico5:
I wonder how we get ourselves aligning with these set of people. It seems igbo has nothing good to contribute to the development of this nation rather than victimization. How is it your concerns if the president cut his salary or the only thing these people understand is corruption. That is why igbo can never rule this country. But I cannot rule it out in their Biafra kingdom. I just pity them cos they re not helping themselves at all
.You are very very stupid 4 making such comments against a tribe.I don't blame u.Ignorance bad shaa

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by ndcide(m): 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
Odinkalu is 100% on point. Those against him on this are simply being emotional.

Buhari did not structure his wage and cannot unilaterally change it. He has to make an official request that will be adjusted based on law.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by gbaskiboy: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
1bunne4lif:
I dedicate this second FTC today to my mom for LENDING ME HER PHONE. Cut or no cut all i know is that if buhari wants me to take him serious, let him cut his allowances by 50 percent
what happened to your phone? I can help if you need Nokia 3310 with antenna, just lemme knw, I got to help my brother grin
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ola17:
Haba, put gun for his head na undecided

Our people sha. Instead of encouraging more political office holders to subscribe to pay cut, this one is here talking bullshït.

Inasmuch as reducing his salat doesn't need any legislative backing, PMB can simply communicate his decision to the appropriate time quarters and the necessary adjustments will be made:
I no wan vex abeg.

Its mumu like you that allow politicians use their head, how much is buharis salary, Oshemole has asked this question before, Let them cut their ALLOWANCES then they have started
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by nellycobs: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Good for you and South West. Let your messiah Buhari follow the due process. Cost of governance is not just his salary. Why did he not cut his
estacode and allowances?.

Zico5:

Jealous of Igbo? What is igbo legacy, the people that cannot stay in their region, the people that re synonymous to all vices. My friend go and sit down, I can never trade south west for any tribe.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by 1bunne4lif(m): 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
gbaskiboy:
what happened to your phone? I can help if you need Nokia 3310 with antenna, just lemme knw, I got to help my brother grin
please if you can provide it i'll so much appreciate
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by waleq2000: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
The man made sense coz if Buhari have the power to slash his salary by 50% can't he as well add 50% to it without consulting the constitution

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by netmillionaires(m): 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
Zico5:
the man is just one igbo man out of millions. The same wat the fact that a yoruba man commit murder doesn't make all yoruba man murderer. Plz dn't make this a tribal matter. #Peace

1 Like

Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by ruffDiamond: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Zico5:
THAT'S the MAJOR REASON they wants jonathief to continue!he allow those hedonistic Southeast animals to ride rough shod on the nation's finance almost bankrupting the entire economy! Corruption runs in their bloodline like virus sad
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by constantchanges: 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
How is it not right?

We need change, constant change till we get to our desired point.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by Realtol(m): 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong -Daniel O'connell. But, I say also nothing is politically/legally wrong which is morally right. So, if Baba cut his salary to me it is right as long as it's to save our dear nation from the financial mess we're currently in.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by YOMNIK: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
add ur own na..... human being.
Re: Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu by vickylala239: 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
kennydee05:
Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu
Channels Television. 
Updated July 13, 2015
The National Human Rights Commission says the Nigerian President, Vice President and Governors have no powers, under the law, to cut their salaries.

A professor of law and the Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Professor Chidi Odinkalu, told Channels Television on Sunday that the right to cut salaries rests with the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission.

“This idea of Governors, President or Vice President slashing their salaries, I think it is alluring and a lot of people will welcome it.

“But I will caution that there is going to be a process here, the salaries of the President, Vice President and Governors are not set by them and they actually don’t have the powers under the law to cut their own salaries.

“That is done by the Revenue mobilisation, allocation and fiscal commission,” he said.

Professor Odinkalu further stressed that there was no law that empowered the President to cut his salary.

President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had last week said they would only take 50 per cent of their salaries, as part of their commitment to cutting cost of governance.

The decision was welcomed by most Nigerian, as they believed it was a good way for the President to begin the fulfilment of his promise to cut cost.

But Mr Odinkalu suggested that for the President, Vice President and Governors to cut their salaries, there should be a review of the constitution to empower them to take such decisions.

“What will happen is that they can collect their salaries and decide to donate 50 per cent of that back to the state. We need a system to get that money and be able to use it for public purpose.

“Let us not because of populism do something that is not authorised by law.

“A democratic system is a system of law and we do not elect the President and Governors to do what is unlawful,” he warned.
Source: http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/13/buhari-does-not-have-right-to-cut-his-salary-odinkalu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

This man has nothing to saying.

Someone what's to cut his salary your here saying shitt.

People like you don't like seeing people help others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Summary Of Cases Handled By CCT - Till Date / Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Wike: Appointment Of Onochie As INEC Commissioner Is To Rig 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.