Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber (2660 Views)

Meet the Yoruba Pro-biafra Activist, Kemi Omololu (Ex. Oyo state Gov's daughter) / Female Suicide Bombers Attack Hospital In Borno, Kill 3 / Atiku’s Son Pays N1m Dowry For Ex-gov’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by dakobu: 3:20am On Mar 09, 2009
Gov’s daughter loses $56,000, car to robbers - As police kill 3 suspected robbers in Ibadan
By Adebayo Waheed and Adeolu Adeyemo - 09.03.2009

ONE of the daughters of the Oyo State governor, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, was one of those who were dispossessed of their property at the weekend, when armed robbers once again raided the city of Ibadan.
The lady, Lamide, according to police sources, reportedly lost the sum of 56,000 dollars (about N9 million four hundred thousand naira) and her car, a Honda 2008 model when she was coming from a party.[/b]
In the incidents that took place in Ibadan at the weekend, three suspected robbers were killed by policemen, while three others sustained gunshot injuries.

The robbers, the Nigerian Tribune learnt, had been terrorising residents of Oluyole, Alalubosa, Oluwo Nla and Salami estates in Ibadan.
Two policemen were gunned down by the bandits in separate incidents. Some residents of Ibadan, who had fallen victims to the rampaging robbers in different operations, commended the gallant policemen who succeeded in killing the gang leader and others for a job well done.

The same suspected robbers were alleged to have robbed the Iyalode of Ibadan, Chief Aminat Abiodun and many other important people in the city.

While speaking with newsmen at the state police headquarters, Eleyele, Ibadan, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ralph Ibeazor, said he was particularly happy that the police responded promptly to the distress call and caught the robbers.

Confirming the death of two of his men, Ibeazor said, “these robbers had been terrorising residents of Ashi, Ikolaba, and Oluyole areas of Ibadan. It had been very difficult to get them. We are happy that we got them at last. This is one of our biggest catches this year.
“We will continue to get them. We lost two officers during a gun duel with the armed bandits. We lost one corporal last night and another one was shot in the head this morning,” Ibeazor said.

A policeman, who was said to be on his way to the office, was said to have been killed by the robbers. He said items recovered from them included a Beretta pistol with four handsets.

On Sunday, another gang of suspected armed robbers was said to have engaged the police in a gun duel during which two of them were killed, while three of the gangsters sustained injuries, leaving a policeman dead.

The robbers, who were said to be operating in a Black Toyota Camry car, had attacked 28 houses in the area. Among the sympathisers that thronged the command where the bodies of the robbers were displayed were some people who had fallen prey to the robbers.

Speaking with journalists, Mr. Akanni Adekunle said, “ the robbers had raided more than 28 houses at Salami Estate, Old Bodija. The policemen tried very well.”

Another victim who preferred anonymity said, the robbers came to their residence around 7.30 p.m. and dispossessed her of many valuables, including two cars, laptops, jewelry, money, ATM cards and mobile phones.

She said, “when the robbers came around 7.30 p.m., they collected the car keys and my jewelry. They asked me to tell them the Personal Identification Number (PIN) of my ATM, sent one of their men to go and collect the money threatening me that if they found out that I gave them fake PIN, they would kill me, my husband and all my children. They withdrew N100,000 from my account.”

One of the injured robbers who identified himself as Emmanuel Johnson, said he was lured into robbery by the gang leader named ‘Georgie’

The Secretary to the State Government, Chief Olayiwola Lakojo, who came to the command also confirmed the operation that the robbers carried out yesterday morning.

According to the SSG, “I appreciate what the police have done and we have to be grateful to them. They have done excellently well. I was told that it was the same gang that went to rob the Iyalode of Ibadan, Dr. K. K. Oloso and some other people. With this achievement, I believe there will be relative peace in the state.”

“We have to salute the courage of the police because in the morning, right inside my quarters at Ikolaba, I was hearing gunshots for upward of two hours. That was why I was unable to go out. I gathered that the police had to use the APC to confront the robbers and that was when they were able to succeed,” Olakojo said.

Olakojo disclosed that a committee set up by the government was looking seriously to the purchase of more APC for use in Ibadan city.

“If these robbers were able to leave Lagos and by the grace of God, if the government is able to get these APC vehicles, we will also drive them away eventually from Oyo State,” he stated.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/09032009/news/news4.html
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Jakumo(m): 6:13am On Mar 09, 2009
*dakobu:

Gov’s daughter loses $56,000, car to robbers - As police kill 3 suspected robbers in Ibadan

ONE of the daughters of the Oyo State governor, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, was one of those who were dispossessed of their property at the weekend, when armed robbers once again raided the city of Ibadan.
The lady, Lamide, according to police sources, reportedly lost the sum of 56,000 dollars (about N9 million four hundred thousand naira) and her car, a Honda 2008 model when she was coming from a party.[/b]

http://www.tribune.com.ng/09032009/news/news4.html

I must say that I am very disappointed and saddened to hear that the daughter of a state governor could only come up with a measly 56 thousand US dollars to take along as petty cash for spending at a party.

What is the world coming to, and why was the Governor so stingy with his looted money as to release such an embarrassingly trivial amount to his daughter for a night out ? This is an outrage. Even the robbers who thoughtfully relieved the First Daughter of her hard-embezzled cash must have been baffled at the small amount they were able to liberate from their client
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Lagosboy: 7:54am On Mar 09, 2009
$56,000 is many people's annual wage in the US and this girl just takes it to a party. With this looting rate sef how cum naija never go bankrupt me i just tire o
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by chidichris(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2009
maybe the robbers did not know she is a gov's daughter.
they are supposed to kidnap her so that her father will settle them for life.
it is called national cake.
look at coming back from a party with $56k. what a shame? maybe she went there with $200k and i dey here dey suffer.
i feel like crying.
dear robbers,
pls confirm the identities of those u meet. do u can to get the best out of our leaders.
goodluck
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Bishopking: 8:37am On Mar 09, 2009
$56,000 is many people's annual wage in the US and this girl just takes it to a party. With this looting rate sef how cum naija never go bankrupt me i just tire o

lagosboy, shut up your mouth, I say shut up. what do you mean?

why do you think other nigerians are seriously working and saving, of course so that the rulers and their families can represent us very well!
Up live the rulers. More power to alao akala and company. May you keep milking your state dry. May your enemies, the people of the state never have the courage to bring you to justice. Please dont forget to register your daughter at the Association of Rulers' Daughters(ARD) list so that she can get a governor suitor ooo. Jeun Soke Jooooooooo! PDP! POWER!! POWER JOOOO, POWER JARE!
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by KnowAll(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2009
Its amazing that Country is not broke yet . Abi Naija get bottomless pit of money.
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Badriyyah(f): 10:12am On Mar 09, 2009
Story sounds fishy. The robbers stole $56,000 from her then went out of their way to take her ATM card and take N100,000?? Geez, how much can you withdraw from an ATM in Nigeria, Doesn't it have limit.lol
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by SamMilla1(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2009
why didnt they shoot her? his father should be impeached. thieves
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Lagosboy: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2009
The thing pass bottomless pit sef na so so money full dplace amidst plenty suffering.

But like Fela talk we nigerians will always suffer and smile.
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by aieromon(m): 11:15am On Mar 09, 2009
$56,000 in one night?let me multiply it @N142 = N7,952,000.00 only.

that is the annual salary of 7 workers who are paid N100,000 per month.it took like 4-5 years for promotion in rank before they could even smell this kind money.sometimes they are not even paid on time.

Lamide,don't worry.we are forgiving and brainless Nigerians.our talk is all in vain because only God knows how much you took to the party.i can only imagine how much you are going to carry to your next function.relax,you hear,Oyo govt money is there for you and your family to spend.
God bless the Alao-Alakas angry

you can now see why yahoo boys will never give up their hustle angry
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by MT: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2009

@Badriyyah
Story sounds fishy. The robbers stole $56,000 from her then went out of their way to take her ATM card and take N100,000?? Geez, how much can you withdraw from an ATM in Nigeria, Doesn't it have limit.lol

You are mixing up 2 different stories together. Maybe you need to go back and re-read. The ATM incident was NOT in any way related to Governor's Akala daughter's story, and if you must know some banks allow you to use your ATM to withdraw up to 100,000 naira in day. There is nothing fishy in that story.

The Secretary to the State Government, Chief Olayiwola Lakojo, who came to the command also confirmed the operation that the robbers carried out yesterday morning.

I thought the SSG would provide more details regarding the $56,000 found in possession of the governor's daughter. He needs to confirm Akala's daughter as part of the "robbery" suspect too. She has robbed the entire state while those captured robbers robbed few houses.

Sometimes I wonder what the police are doing. They should not only take glory in either killing or capturing of the robbers, they suppose to arrest Akala's daughter promptly as well, but I doubt this very much as the matter will be swept under the carpet.

Nigeria we hail thee angry
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by JJYOU: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2009
aieromon:

that is the annual salary of 7 workers who are paid N100,000 per month.it took like 4-5 years for promotion in rank before they could even smell this kind money.sometimes they are not even paid on time.

Lamide,don't worry.we are forgiving and brainless Nigerians.our talk is all in vain because only God knows how much you took to the party.i can only imagine how much you are going to carry to your next function.relax,you hear,Oyo govt money is there for you and your family to spend.

sad but true
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by lucabrasi(m): 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2009
aieromon:

sad
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by PurestBoy(m): 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2009
The robbers must be foolish for not shooting the thiefing daughter of the thiefing governor
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Sauron1: 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2009
*dakobu:

The lady, Lamide, according to police sources, reportedly lost the sum of 56,000 dollars (about N9 million four hundred thousand naira) and her car, a Honda 2008 model when she was coming from a party.

Jesus Wept!!! cry cry cry
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by desgiezd(m): 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2009
Jakumo:

I must say that I am very disappointed and saddened to hear that the daughter of a state governor could only come up with a measly 56 thousand US dollars to take along as petty cash for spending at a party.

What is the world coming to, and why was the Governor so stingy with his looted money as to release such an embarrassingly trivial amount to his daughter for a night out  ?   This is an outrage.     Even the robbers who thoughtfully relieved the First Daughter of her hard-embezzled cash must have been baffled at the small amount they were able to liberate from their client

Haba Jakumo! I'm sure her dad must have given her a million dollars for the party but the lady must have been too miserly in stuffing her purse with a meager $56,000.00. Money that can not even buy her pancake to rub her face.
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by EyenEfik(f): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2009
Pls did someone call $56,000 party money trivial amount,  People are dying of poverty and yet that kind of amount is being squandered at a party,

But naija na wa o,  you mean someone can carry more than a million naira to a party,
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by dlox01(m): 4:37pm On Mar 09, 2009
abeg, the Robbers no try!!!they suppose shoot am or kidnapp am!!!oohhhhh this kyne thin dey vex me, oooohhhhh, better luck next time!!
1 more thing,they should rephrase tha statement coz its not HER MONEY,they simply took what was thiers by force. tongue
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2009
I wonder why y'all are so surprised.
there shuold be a probe into how she came about such money.
This is the only time that i think arm robbers in Nigeria did one thing right.
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by fyneguy: 2:34am On Mar 10, 2009
aieromon:

$ is N180 now o. Do your calculation again o.
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Moonstone(f): 2:45am On Mar 10, 2009
What is a woman doing carting that kind of money around in her car? I want to feel sorry for her but what for now?!
How do human beings still cart around such money in such peril? I hope she recovers her car. . . as for the money, I hope they are enjoying the fruits of her stupidity.
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by bawomolo(m): 3:36am On Mar 10, 2009
jakumo would kill me grin grin
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by TOYOSI20(f): 4:03am On Mar 10, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I wonder why y'all are so surprised.
there shuold be a probe into how she came about such money.
This is the only time that i think arm robbers in Nigeria did one thing right.

Haha!!!!! aint that the truth, they say when u live by the sword u should be very well prepared to die as such!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by jamace(m): 6:36am On Mar 10, 2009
In the incidents that took place in Ibadan at the weekend, three suspected robbers were killed by policemen, while three others sustained gunshot injuries.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by kritikul(f): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2009
The wind has blown and we have seen the chicken rump. if 9.4million Naira is just a change after a party, how much does the babe have in her account? how many children does the governor have? how many wives? how much does each of them have in their accounts? Then how much does the governor have? This is not funny at all, this has exposed the rate at which the governor is looting the state. EFCC, are you seeing this? or are you waiting for him to finish his tenure before you could act? I WEEP FOR THIS COUNTRY cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by fyneguy: 9:53am On Mar 10, 2009
Lamideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Abeg make I follow u go next party o! u sabi spray money well well grin

Orisirisi! Oluwa come and deliver Oyo state ooooooooooooooo
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by desgiezd(m): 11:24am On Mar 10, 2009
Here's the lady's side of the story:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/10032009/news/news16.html

$56,000: My story - Alao-Akala’s daughter

DAUGHTER of the Oyo State governor, Mrs. Olamide Alabi, on Monday confirmed that she was attacked by armed robbers recently, but denied that a huge amount of money was taken from her by the hoodlums.

Mrs. Alabi, while reacting to a story that she lost $56,000 and a car to robbers, said the incident took place a month ago when she and her husband were coming from an engagement ceremony.

She described as falsehood, the aspect of the report that $56,000 was in her possession at the time of the robbery. “The most shameful and painful of this cluster of lies was that I had $56,000 in my possession.

“I recall that outrageous sums of money were reported to have been spent on my wedding ceremony, depending on who was writing and from which medium.

“But this appears to leave one even more bewildered; how on earth do they expect me to be in possession of such a huge amount of money and for what purpose anyway?

“I am aware that such question may not dwell on their mind for very obvious reasons, but it is wicked to use an innocent soul like me as a cannon fodder to get at their perceived target.

“Even as young as I am, I believe that there should be decent boundaries that will be taboo even to the most desperate scare monger,” she said.

Also, the state police command, in a reaction signed by the Public Relations Officer, Ms. Olabisi Okuwobi, stated that only Mrs. Alabi’s Honda car was stolen.

“For the avoidance of doubt, none of the two robberies that saw to the killing of the three robbers involved Olamide, the governor’s daughter, any member of the governor’s cabinet or any of the governor’s relations.

“However, Olamide’s encounter with robbers that made away with her car was on February 13 and not at the weekend,” the police said.”
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2009
I will like to know how old this lady is and she needed to be probed as to what she was doing with that much cash and what it was for and where she got it
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by tRoOE(f): 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2009
fyneguy:

$ is N180 now o. Do your calculation again o.

Really shocked shocked shocked where
That is gooddddddddd grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by oderemo(m): 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2009
can you withdraw from an ATM in Nigeria, Doesn't it have limit.lo

i think the limit is 30k
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2009
@Topic _ Too Much Money!!
Problem How To SPEND IT (COmmon Mr. Olu Maintain). grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov’s Daughter Loses $56,000, Car To Robbers - As Police Kill 3 Suspected Robber by RichyBlacK(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2009
What would make it clearer that the Nigerian government has failed Nigeria? Nigeria is a failed state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Psychological Effects Of Police Brutality And Torture / Obafemi Awolowo And Chinua Achebe’s Tale Of Fantasy / World's Top Ten Richest Countries,what Happened To U.S. And Switzerland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.