Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Demolition Palaver: Man's Inhumanity To Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition Palaver: Man's Inhumanity To Man (1462 Views)

2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent / Man Inhumanity To Man.(pix) / Man Inhumanity To Man.(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolition Palaver: Man's Inhumanity To Man by babaijo(m): 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2006
El-Rufai's illegal structures demolition along the Air Port Road is the news making headline in Abuja these days.
You all need to see the man's inhumanity to man. Imagine, in this same country which we call ours, people's houses are demolished without prior notification of the occupants. Everything is based on rumors and speculation.
This is too bad of a government that claims to be Democratic.
Who will please help me tell them?
Re: Demolition Palaver: Man's Inhumanity To Man by Oracle(m): 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2006
The case or story of el Rufai's demolitions is not news, he's been doing that for as long as i can remember.
I believe people would say that he's doing his job and that they have a target of making abuja a beautiful city.

But he has meted very severe injuries to people who have lost their homes and he should know that when he'll face the punishment for it, Abuja will not be there to save him.

Re: Demolition Palaver: Man's Inhumanity To Man by omofineboy(m): 9:56pm On Sep 24, 2006
Almighty El-Rufai, I just pity him, there is nothing we do in life that is beyond God's immutable laws, the holy book says do unto others as you want others to do to you. He will surely be paid back, There are thousands of people rendered homeless by his ignoble acts, even when they are not yet ready to erect structures in areas like Lugbe, Kushingoro etc, the wickedness of this man pushes him to demolish and he takes pride and joy in seeing people homeless, all in the name of abuja master plan. We are not saying abuja should not be designed according to original plans, but a responsible government will provide alternatives for her citizens who are affected, this is a wicked man, satanic and devilish, he will never go unpunished, he has inflicted pains on so many people, some are dead some are in ruins. How I wish he or his comrades in crime against humanity will read this post, it is not too late for him to repent, surely one day we will all (including him) , give account of all we did while here. To the affected The good Lord will be your strength.
Re: Demolition Palaver: Man's Inhumanity To Man by nico(m): 3:33am On Sep 25, 2006
I haven't been to nigeria before
But I've seen pics of slums in nigeria
So i think he's doing a good job to clean up Abuja
Re: Demolition Palaver: Man's Inhumanity To Man by EmemJU(f): 8:30am On Sep 25, 2006
He is not demolishing only slums, you need to see the beautiful structures he brings down. The master plan was designed by humans and so
Re: Demolition Palaver: Man's Inhumanity To Man by babaijo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2006
@ nico
El-Rufai is doing a good job right but how can somebody who is born of woman be so heartless to his fellow human being. U need to see how people's sweat are wiped off without even conpensation let alone relocation. The worst of it is that there was no adequate info to get the people prepared, will you believe it if I say that people's properties were destroyed along with there houses as they have left for work on the day the demolition started in Karanmajiji? And so it is in many other places.
Nobody is against the development of Abuja but all we are saying is that people should be treated as Humans. Of what value is Dev. that is making life unbearable for people.
You also talked about the slums but will you take it that some of the developed land (which you join them to regard as slum are sold out to the people by the govt so tell me how these locations suddenly become slums. angry

(1) (Reply)

Does Pdp Has The Constitutional Power To Declare Vp Seat Vacant? / The Link Btw Materialistic Society And Poor Leadership / Northern Traitors Kept Me In Prison Not Just Obasanjo - Bamaiyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.