Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, (2724 Views)

My Wife Gave Birth To SS, I’m AA And She Is AS – Husband / Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) / Sex-Starved Banker’s Wife Contemplates Suicide As Husband Abducts 3 Kids (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by johnnyblakes(m): 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
I am a 33 years old woman who got married a year
ago. So far its been challenging, its said that before
one settles down with a partner, its advisable to ask
the right questions and know the wants and needs of
a partner before proceeding. well i didn't and i'm
paying for it. I have been married to my husband for
the past 1 year and its been difficult especially in the
aspect of the number of kids to bear. I am a lover of
kids and would love to have at least 3 kids but my
hubby says he wants just 1 kid and afterwards he will
have a vasectomy. This i find alarming and wicked.
when i asked him why a kid, he said he has always
wanted just one and he doesn't like kids so much but
can handle one.
Isn't this absurd? I've tried talking to him to change
his mind but he refused saying once i get pregnant
he will head straight to his doctor for the surgery.
What do i do?
This has made me to dislike him. How do i get him to
change his mind?
Please assist me, i don't want my marriage to fall
apart.
Thank you.
Kindly advise her on what to do? kindly write your
words in full.

1 Like

Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by feldido(m): 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
Very delicate issue
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by jimohibrahim(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
On second thought i pity him
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by ekim004(m): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
what z vascetomy
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by mejai(m): 9:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
ur gender is confusing. are u a he in a she? I just added u in my prayer point sha.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Haywhymido(m): 9:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
ur man need help, get people who can talk dat shit out of his head, too much of american films no good for body. u never knw what can happen in d future.God forbid bad thing.n i will advise u nt to get pregnant at all till u get to d bottom of dis cos it is certain dat once u get pregnant "he is going for d operation"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by BundlesOfJoy: 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
ekim004:
what z vascetomy

Male sterilsation. Tying or cutting of the tubes so that so sperm can come out again.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by BundlesOfJoy: 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
johnnyblakes:
I am a 33 years old woman who got married a year
ago. So far its been challenging, its said that before
one settles down with a partner, its advisable to ask
the right questions and know the wants and needs of
a partner before proceeding. well i didn't and i'm
paying for it. I have been married to my husband for
the past 1 year and its been difficult especially in the
aspect of the number of kids to bear. I am a lover of
kids and would love to have at least 3 kids but my
hubby says he wants just 1 kid and afterwards he will
have a vasectomy. This i find alarming and wicked.
when i asked him why a kid, he said he has always
wanted just one and he doesn't like kids so much but
can handle one.
Isn't this absurd? I've tried talking to him to change
his mind but he refused saying once i get pregnant
he will head straight to his doctor for the surgery.
What do i do?
This has made me to dislike him. How do i get him to
change his mind?
Please assist me, i don't want my marriage to fall
apart.
Thank you.
Kindly advise her on what to do? kindly write your
words in full.

I feel for you...pls commit it to prayer - you neva know God could even bless u with twins wink

2 Likes

Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by tpiadotcom: 10:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
hm, you were too busy having sex to discuss this prior to marrying.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by johnnyblakes(m): 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
mejai:
ur gender is confusing. are u a he in a she? I just added u in my prayer point sha.
am a guy,but the. Issue. Is. Happening to a close female family friend of ours
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by amtheone(m): 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
But is there anything wrong with having one child? Think of those without even one.

I don't really see a problem here.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Ewuro4: 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Are you saying you didn't discuss this before tying the knot? After all that lavish ceremony Girl damn !

I think there should be an instructional thread for the 'intendeds'.

cc.. Tearoses & co

2 Likes

Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by tpiadotcom: 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
johnnyblakes:
am a guy,but the. Issue. Is. Happening to a close female family friend of ours

indeed.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by johnnyblakes(m): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
amtheone:
But is there anything wrong with having one child? Think of those without even one.

her fear is what if...Godforbid. .
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by tpiadotcom: 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
does the husband have other kids?
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by thorpido(m): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
How can you marry a man you have no idea how many kids he wants or his desire for children?
I think you should let his family know about this especially his mother.I'm sure she'll give him hell.

1 Like

Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by johnnyblakes(m): 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:
does the husband have other kids?
he just hate kids
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by tpiadotcom: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
wanting only one kid does not translate as hating kids unless it was expressly stated.

in any case, they should have discussed this before marrying.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Ewuro4: 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hate bawo?

So you glossed over this fact during courtship and married him anyway?
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by obo389(m): 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
Haywhymido:
ur man need help, get people who can talk dat shit out of his head, too much of american films no good for body. u never knw what can happen in d future.God forbid bad thing.n i will advise u nt to get pregnant at all till u get to d bottom of dis cos it is certain dat once u get pregnant "he is going for d operation"
bros take am easy.haba.na by force? the man say na only one piken he want so make una leave am.
maybe na d aggreement he sign wit him ancestors for him villa.

1 Like

Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Ewuro4: 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
There's nothing odd about wanting just one kid as some people just don't like many kids. I just find it odd not discussing it during courtship and spouses feel like an ambush in marriage proper. It's not fair.

My friend had one and one it is. Just that, I'm always terrified when I babysit that kid. I cussed the heck out of the fish sticks company over this pikin's case grin

Yoruba call them oju kan epa, oju kan ?? (I forgot)
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Haywhymido(m): 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
obo389:

bros take am easy.haba.na by force? the man say na only one piken he want so make una leave am.
maybe na d aggreement he sign wit him ancestors for him villa.
but d bro won put finger for fire na. sey make we dey watch am ni?
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Haywhymido(m): 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ewuro4:
There's nothing odd about wanting just one kid as some people just don't like many kids. I just find it odd not discussing it during courtship and spouses feel like an ambush in marriage proper. It's not fair.

My friend had one and one it is. Just that, I'm always terrified when I babysit that kid. I cussed the heck out of the fish sticks company over this pikin's case grin

Yoruba call them oju kan epa, oju kan ?? (I forgot)

oju kan eree

1 Like

Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Ewuro4: 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Haywhymido:
oju kan eree

Thank you grin
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Haywhymido(m): 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
amtheone:

there is this yoruba adage dat goes like eniti o bi omo kan ko koro lagan. dat is a woman with a lone child is nt better dan a barren woman. who knws 2moro who knws wot may happen after d father seal/cut off dose veins. the woman doesnt really av a problem it is d man i pity.God forbid, cos when such time comes d woman will find her way. then he will be blaming his village people for what they dont knw of.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by Yustash001(m): 11:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
Eleyi gidi gan o...just after one child...
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by pablus: 12:26am On Jul 14, 2015
he can still get an erection and perform na, so what's the problem here he hates kids how
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by tpiadotcom: 2:14am On Jul 14, 2015
well, he can store his sperm and then do the procedure I guess?

that's if he's not Nigerian though.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by armyofone(m): 3:11am On Jul 14, 2015
it is going to be hard to milk the sperm as ogbeni 'dont like children'
Op, wifey should do some trick make love with condom and pack as much tadpoles from the disposal. To be serious, talk to him and if you both cant arrive at an agreement, move on. No children yet so marriage should be annulled based on irreconcilable differences.

tpiadotcom:
well, he can store his sperm and then do the procedure I guess?
that's if he's not Nigerian though.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by cococandy(f): 4:02am On Jul 14, 2015
This one is strong.

The only solution is to change his mind anyway you can or unless you're blessed with twins the first time as someone said.
After the first child, he may come around and see how cute he/she is and want another one.
But that's just hoping.

Anything else may not work and he may become resentful if he is forced to father more kids than he wants. You don't want that for any of your kids.
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by GboyegaD(m): 4:13am On Jul 14, 2015
Haywhymido:

When has it become a crime to make a choice?
Re: Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, by GboyegaD(m): 4:17am On Jul 14, 2015
Stop nagging him into changing his mind otherwise, you might not achieve results. Put your reasons forward in a more polite way and also compromise on your number at least for now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In / I Have One Month Left To Live / Where Can I Get Hardcore Erotic Novels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.